• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Gamer
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 20:20:32 Reply

At 10/19/11 04:37 PM, chupacabras89 wrote: #1 maybe he
so people will pray to him
not to mention he'll

I think it's amazing that you actually assume 'God' is a man. I don't think she'll be happy about that.

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 20:21:52 Reply

At 10/19/11 04:40 PM, Mortician97 wrote: giant ass post

You typed that all up in 3 minutes?

I call copypasta...
Mortician97
Mortician97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 20:28:02 Reply

At 10/19/11 04:51 PM, chupacabras89 wrote: I appreciate the opinion's so far,even yours mortician97 although you did make me cry you meenle.

I apologize sir :(

Get Drunk!
Click the sig for party metal ;)My Youtube. Gameplays and More.

BBS Signature
Mortician97
Mortician97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 20:30:57 Reply

At 10/19/11 04:50 PM, Scarface wrote:
You're twelve and you just learned about evolution and now you think you're atheist, we get it. You don't have to write a giant butthurt post. Trust me, we all get it.

You should probably read the next few things after that post. It was a copypasta, silly ;)

Also, Im 18, and a Laveyan Satanist, have been for 3 years. So, Rethink your post please, and try and sound less ignorant next time ;)

Get Drunk!
Click the sig for party metal ;)My Youtube. Gameplays and More.

BBS Signature
Love
Love
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 20:33:20 Reply

At 10/19/11 04:37 PM, chupacabras89 wrote: First off why doesn't god get rid of the devil, here are a couple of theories.

I'll save you the trouble by saying He already has.

BBS Signature
Yrtnej
Yrtnej
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 21:09:19 Reply

At 10/19/11 04:40 PM, Mortician97 wrote: An open letter to religious people:

You are idiots and I hate you.

Not even going to read the rest of the rant. I've heard it all before. You aren't exactly proving your intelligence by arguing religion.

420SWED
420SWED
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 21:16:37 Reply

guys and ladies think about it if there is no higher power or species than us than how are we here in the first place how was anything created how did the big bang happen how do all planets do a perfect circle around the sun how did gravity come to be just why.

i will form my foot in your ass!

BBS Signature
mariomusicmaker1
mariomusicmaker1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 21:18:26 Reply

Religion is nothing more then a mind control device and any one who is religious should be declaired mentaly ill.

I Stopped A Rape!!!
" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature
Love
Love
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 21:19:00 Reply

At 10/19/11 09:16 PM, 420SWED wrote: guys and ladies think about it if there is no higher power or species than us than how are we here in the first place how was anything created how did the big bang happen how do all planets do a perfect circle around the sun how did gravity come to be just why.

Bill O'Reilly approves of your comment.

BBS Signature
BlueMystic
BlueMystic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 21:25:07 Reply

At 10/19/11 04:40 PM, jc-gurango wrote: Well Satan is just a product of free will. If we live in a world where God fucks with our free will, what kind of free will do we have?

Here's what I don't understand: I don't have much background information concerning this but I thought that angels were beings who didn't possess a free-will, and that is why God created humanity. If that is so, how is it that Lucifer had the capacity to rebel against God for the throne of heaven?

I'm an agnostic, but biblical literature has always interested me.

Yes, I originally joined in '07. What can i say? I missed you guys.

Love
Love
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 21:25:24 Reply

At 10/19/11 09:20 PM, Xyphon202 wrote:
At 10/19/11 09:16 PM, 420SWED wrote: guys and ladies think about it if there is no higher power or species than us than how are we here in the first place how was anything created how did the big bang happen how do all planets do a perfect circle around the sun how did gravity come to be just why.
What created the higher power?

There is no answer.

Actually there is. Something that created everything would be outside the bounds of our universe, and therefore, outside the boundaries of time. Given this, the Creator would not need a creator Himself because He has existed before there was time.

This isn't to prove/disprove the existence of a High Power. But, logically, there is an answer to that question.

BBS Signature
420SWED
420SWED
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 21:25:38 Reply

At 10/19/11 09:20 PM, Xyphon202 wrote:
What created the higher power?

There is no answer. We will never find an answer to such questions. But why, I ask you, must we make it more complicated by adding some sort of omnipotent omniscient being as the middle man instead of just simple rapid expansion? If you look far enough into science you can see how planets orbit the sun and how gravity exists, it's not that complicated. The origins of the universe however, are complicated.
Anyone who says "who created the big bang? had to be God" is not understanding that there's always the question "Who created God?". It's just that the idea of rapid expansion is a lot easier to imagine and comprehend than the idea of God(who apparently humans can not even comprehend according to the Bible).

this is what i mean though how was anything created without a higher power thats the only evidence we have isnt it. And if there was no life no gravity no anything before the big bang how does the big bang happen with out anything to cause it because its clear god could of not been there if there wasn't anything here in the first place so the real question is who created god how could god exist if there's nothing to create him this is a very hard thought.

i will form my foot in your ass!

BBS Signature
Love
Love
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 21:27:11 Reply

At 10/19/11 09:25 PM, BlueMystic wrote: Here's what I don't understand: I don't have much background information concerning this but I thought that angels were beings who didn't possess a free-will, and that is why God created humanity. If that is so, how is it that Lucifer had the capacity to rebel against God for the throne of heaven?

Well angels do have free will - that's why Lucifer could rebel. Free-will wasn't the reason for Creation.

BBS Signature
Mechwarrior300
Mechwarrior300
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 21:42:10 Reply

At 10/19/11 09:34 PM, Xyphon202 wrote:
At 10/19/11 09:25 PM, Hybridization wrote: Actually there is. Something that created everything would be outside the bounds of our universe, and therefore, outside the boundaries of time. Given this, the Creator would not need a creator Himself because He has existed before there was time.

This isn't to prove/disprove the existence of a High Power. But, logically, there is an answer to that question.
Except that answer is illogical. Saying the Creator would not need to be created because he existed before there was time is a concept completely incomprehensible and in our realm of understanding, impossible.

It's not incomprehensible at all actually. Time is physical. A high power is above the physical. Therefore, a high power is above time. This makes perfect sense and is completely within our realm of knowledge.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHUCKY DUCKY NAAAAOOWWW
CLICK MY SIG FOR PICS OF JAILBAIT YOU SICK MOTHERFUCKER!!!

BBS Signature
JonWB2005
JonWB2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to I think I have god figured out 2011-10-19 21:49:03 Reply

This is derived from ancient texts found in Egypt dating back to 200 ad

"And the Sophia of the Epinoia, being an aeon, conceived a thought from herself and the conception of the invisible Spirit and foreknowledge. She wanted to bring forth a likeness out of herself without the consent of the Spirit, - he had not approved - and without her consort, and without his consideration. And though the person of her maleness had not approved, and she had not found her agreement, and she had thought without the consent of the Spirit and the knowledge of her agreement, (yet) she brought forth. And because of the invincible power which is in her, her thought did not remain idle, and something came out of her which was imperfect and different from her appearance, because she had created it without her consort. And it was dissimilar to the likeness of its mother, for it has another form.

"And when she saw (the consequences of) her desire, it changed into a form of a lion-faced serpent. And its eyes were like lightning fires which flash. She cast it away from her, outside that place, that no one of the immortal ones might see it, for she had created it in ignorance. And she surrounded it with a luminous cloud, and she placed a throne in the middle of the cloud that no one might see it except the holy Spirit who is called the mother of the living. And she called his name Yaltabaoth.

i'm getting paid to pester you all muwhahaha