New Topic Respond to this Topic
unconsidered
unconsidered
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Working on more than one project 2011-10-16 22:49:51 Reply

What are your opinions about working on more than one project at once? I can understand that it gives you a great sense of progress, but it takes twice as long to finish. What are your thought to this?

IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Working on more than one project 2011-10-21 19:52:11 Reply

At 10/16/11 10:49 PM, unconsidered wrote: What are your opinions about working on more than one project at once? I can understand that it gives you a great sense of progress, but it takes twice as long to finish. What are your thought to this?

A lot of people do it-
1. People like to get their ideas down on the computer while they are fresh.

2. They knock out the easy parts, then move onto other ideas when they are a bit stuck

3. they have to wait for contributions from other people

It would seem more efficient to work on one idea, but I suspect that that may be an illusion. After all, it may take twice as long to get the first one finished, but then the total time to produce the number may be the same as it would be if you did them one at a time and the earlier ones may benefit from the experience and material you create with the later ones.

It is important to get some flash to the required quality and submitted as you learn from the feedback- that is part of what submission to NG should be about.

The Dragons & Spirits have a pile of half-finished material just waiting for something- which is sad. So many people have promised to do stuff and never done it. I end up just doing simple things I can do by myself so I don't get let down.

I conclusion, I think one should compromise between getting stuff finished and not letting delays on one project stop you from starting another.

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to Working on more than one project 2011-10-21 20:10:09 Reply

At 10/16/11 10:49 PM, unconsidered wrote: What are your opinions about working on more than one project at once? I can understand that it gives you a great sense of progress, but it takes twice as long to finish. What are your thought to this?

Never procrastinate EVER I'm serious as AIDS.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
FlyingNinjaBannanas
FlyingNinjaBannanas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Working on more than one project 2011-10-23 13:39:02 Reply

At 10/21/11 08:10 PM, Jomillex wrote:
Never procrastinate EVER I'm serious as AIDS.

This, trust me. I'm the procrastination god.

*cries*

BBS Signature