Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Military Draft 2011-10-16 03:58:05 Reply

What are your opinions of it?

During "major" wars the United States has been known to invoke a draft which makes people over the age of 18 join the military even if they didn't want to. Refusing to join the forces lands you a nice jail time. Am I the only one who thinks that this is a little fucked up?

I mean basically the government is making you kill people, and anyone over 18 has a risk of being forced to join the military. Now, being a soldier should be a personal choice in my eyes. War can be damaging to someones mental state beyond comprehension and no matter how bad the situation is people should be FORCED to do this.

Also, although the conscription is no happening "on paper" the government still makes you register so that they can start it up again quickly when they want to.

Military Draft

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 04:01:23 Reply

not EVERYONE has to join in the event of a draft...
women don't, gays don't, the mentally ill don't, etc.
basically, I don't :D

it doesn't involve me and thus, I don't care.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 04:02:48 Reply

At 10/16/11 04:00 AM, daethdrain wrote: If we don't joint the army....... Everyone will die!!!!!!!
So that's why there is a draft. But I'm pretty sure won't ever be a draft again.

In Vietnam we had a draft. When we decided "fuck South Vietnam" did America even get a single town attacked? Nope. We went home, some people cried, and everything was business as usual.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 04:03:29 Reply

I would actually want to be drafted

I would never get into the army at my current state. Just put me on the frontline and I will charge at the enemy with a fucking sword, I always enjoy old school combat.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
MiracleFruitClock
MiracleFruitClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Animator
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 04:03:49 Reply

stop being such a little bitch pick up a gun and shoot some bad guys

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 04:03:49 Reply

I think that a man FORCED to fight, wont be as effective. But it seemed to work well in WWII, so I don't know.

zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 04:04:08 Reply

also, even if I did somehow get drafted, I've go to fucking Canada...
as if I'm going to kill/die for my country XD
I'd sooner die in the name of McDonald's than America.

in my defense, McNuggets are awesome ^.^

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 04:25:52 Reply

Better to die on one's feet than live on one's knees.

Being drafted does not necessarily mean that you are going to see combat. Many occupational specialties exist in the military, doctors, technicians, training personnel, etc. etc. etc.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 04:35:19 Reply

At 10/16/11 04:25 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Better to die on one's feet than live on one's knees.

Being drafted does not necessarily mean that you are going to see combat. Many occupational specialties exist in the military, doctors, technicians, training personnel, etc. etc. etc.

I would just take the jail time. If the United States itself was being invaded I would fight, but not for anything else.

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 04:49:13 Reply

They usually (usually, not always) only picked people who were unemployed, weren't going to college, ect.

Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 04:52:45 Reply

At 10/16/11 04:35 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 10/16/11 04:25 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Better to die on one's feet than live on one's knees.

I would just take the jail time. If the United States itself was being invaded I would fight, but not for anything else.

If Europe was being invaded, you can damn skippy bet we would be next. So, there is no reason not to fight for those folk.

polles
polles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 05:09:02 Reply

At 10/16/11 04:52 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:

If Europe was being invaded, you can damn skippy bet we would be next. So, there is no reason not to fight for those folk.

If you're referring to WWII the United States WAS actually attacked, and it wasn't until then they joined the war.

If there was a draft going on I'd probably just move to Canada straight away (they agreed to send back people avoiding draft after Vietnam) or maybe pretend to be gay or break my legs or something. If I feel the need to fight for something I'M going to be the one to decide if I should or not, and I don't see any way I'd be willing to fight for what the US wants anytime soon.

BBS Signature
mariomusicmaker1
mariomusicmaker1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 05:09:59 Reply

These days, America ( and Canada to some extent...) is not worth fighting for, If Iran or some other stone aged butt fuck backwards country where to invade I would move to Switzerland, they are awesome!

I Stopped A Rape!!!
" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 05:12:55 Reply

At 10/16/11 05:09 AM, polles wrote:
At 10/16/11 04:52 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:

If you're referring to WWII the United States WAS actually attacked, and it wasn't until then they joined the war.

If there was a draft going on I'd probably just move to Canada straight away (they agreed to send back people avoiding draft after Vietnam) or maybe pretend to be gay or break my legs or something. If I feel the need to fight for something I'M going to be the one to decide if I should or not, and I don't see any way I'd be willing to fight for what the US wants anytime soon.

Skipping to Canada is no longer such a good idea. You guys seem to forget about this thing that exists that is called NATO. Of which both Canada and the US are members.

Basically, if they catch you, you pussies will be deported, and imprisoned, to be raped by a 300 pound black man named tiny 3 times a day.

polles
polles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 05:20:11 Reply

Skipping to Canada is no longer such a good idea. You guys seem to forget about this thing that exists that is called NATO. Of which both Canada and the US are members.

Basically, if they catch you, you pussies will be deported, and imprisoned, to be raped by a 300 pound black man named tiny 3 times a day.

Well thanks for telling me, all I knew was that you get caught if you are drafted and move to Canada. Do you really think that forcing people to risk their life against their will is justified because it's in the best interest of the people in charge? Think about Vietnam, all those kids who were sent there had nothing to do with it, if the US won or lost it would have made no difference whatsoever to them, it was the people in charge that wanted to prevent the country from becoming communist.

BBS Signature
Loiarlyritpyat
Loiarlyritpyat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 05:25:38 Reply

Nope. Towards every argument. Do what you want "authorities" force through weapons

Loiarlyritpyat
Loiarlyritpyat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 05:30:41 Reply

At 10/16/11 04:04 AM, zag wrote: I'd sooner die in the name of McDonald's than America.

Well this is kind of what you are doing! silicon XD

Twistedsanta
Twistedsanta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 05:35:57 Reply

Fuck that. Forcing someone to go out and kill and possibly be killed is just wrong in my opinion. It could mess them up and scar them both physically and mentally.

Does anybody even read these?

BBS Signature
Psil0
Psil0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 08:13:15 Reply

For those of you saying you'd go gay or something... you do realize that "Don't ask, don't tell" was ended and gays are accepted openly in the military, don't you?

backup
backup
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 08:16:15 Reply

Seriously, why does Newgrounds attract so many spineless little shits? Shut the fuck up and fight for your country cowards.

satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 08:31:11 Reply

It is irrational only if you argue your life has no value. When you are constantly attacked you must defend your country or you would not have a country to live in. When your enemies deny peace and wish only to kill you, you know there is no other choice but to eliminate them.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 09:34:23 Reply

In theory, the 13th amendment should've made conscription illegal in the U.S., but the Supreme Court, doing what it often does, which is to be incompetent, declared that the 13th amendment doesn't apply to conscription. The following text is what makes up the 13th amendment:

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Technically speaking, conscription constitutes "involuntary servitude," but yeah, apparently the Supreme Court didn't give a fuck in the 1900s. Anyway, I'd like to say that I oppose conscription in all instances, as it is unnecessary and has never worked. Our biggest example of this being the case was Vietnam. Hundreds of thousands of soldiers and maybe marines were drafted to fight in a war that we didn't even win in. Approximately 58,000 troops died for nothing. For nothing.......

One could say that the Selective Training and Service Act of 1940, signed by FDR and instituted the first peacetime draft in U.S. history, was good for America and without it, we would've either lost the war against the Axis powers, or, alternatively, we would've taken longer to defeat Nazi Germany and Japan.

Bullshit. Our military in 1939~1940 already had about 10 million service members. The draft increased that number to 16 million. We only suffered about 300,000 casualties. I'm getting off-subject, but I hope you guys get my point....

Conscription is not necessary, especially not in the 21st century, where militaries have significantly increased their dependence on their naval and aerial warfare branches. The U.S. is no exception.

Instead of conscripting people into the army and/or the marine branch of a military, the U.S. and other nations should just rely more on their aerial and naval warfare branches. Nowadays, the navy and air force win the wars for their respective nations.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 09:44:25 Reply

everyone realizes the "acting gay" thing wont work anymore right?

II II lI

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 09:48:32 Reply

At 10/16/11 04:03 AM, MiracleFruitClock wrote: stop being such a little bitch pick up a gun and shoot some bad guys

Who the hell are you?

Killing at no COD game kid.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 09:49:38 Reply

Military draft: Save the ass of some people hundreds of miles away you don't care about...

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 09:55:40 Reply

Not like we have to worry about being forced into the army, it's not like WWIII is occurring, US military is just playing janitor right now, cleaning up Osama's/Saddam's mess.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Zippy-MyMusic
Zippy-MyMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 10:14:55 Reply

I'll move to Canada or England.

Fuck the draft.
LocoJoe
LocoJoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 10:31:45 Reply

You don't have to worry about the draft. It's usually the poor who are drafted while rich people can go off to college.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature
chipotleaway
chipotleaway
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 11:24:43 Reply

I'd fight. Depends on the reason though.

I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam
In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature
Wagggs
Wagggs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Military Draft 2011-10-16 12:03:48 Reply

Being drafted into the military does not ensure becoming part of the combat arms. Almost all services of the Army, such as logistics, headquarters, intelligence, accounting, etc. get draftees in time of war. However, when a draft is issued, it will typically be the combat arms that receive the most troops, as they need them the most.

Yeah, the draft is a little "fucked up," but sometimes it is necessary. Volunteer rates for the military are actually pretty low, and when it comes time for a war when manpower is needed, we will need a way of garnering more troops. Think of the draft as a necessary evil. It will only happen when it is absolutely needed.

Exploding genitalia
"Get buttfucked in the mouth." | "Dammit, let me spread my anger, breed my hate!"