New Topic Respond to this Topic
IAmCrystalHeights
IAmCrystalHeights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Places Named Martin Luther King, Jr Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 09:20 PM Reply

are usually horrible neighborhoods are places to live in? Isn't that kinda weird. Haven't you noticed that?

In Oakland there's a street called Martin Luther King, Jr. and it's just a really bad area filled with drugs, violent crime, etc. just like most of the city of Oakland. In my city there's a Martin Luther King, Jr. Park and it's in a neighborhood with lots of crime, the occasional drive-by shootings, and drug smuggling from the country south of the United States.

There's also a MLKJ Blvd. in the LA area, and this area is known for a lot of crime, drugs, the usual, etc.

It's a shame. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a great man who stood up for a lot of good for America and fought racism and it's a total shame to see the places named after him be disgraced.

Autokrator
Autokrator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Places Named Martin Luther King, Jr Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 09:22 PM Reply

well i mean respectable streets are usually named after trees or presidents

not some civil rights leader

I have a message for the political elites in Washington, D.C. The United States of America is not going to become the United States of Europe, not on our watch. - HERMAN CAIN

BBS Signature
LocoJoe
LocoJoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Places Named Martin Luther King, Jr Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 09:23 PM Reply

Yeah Cesar Chavez and MLK streets are full of gangs. When I drive down MLK I lock the doors and keep my hand on my knife. Never know when one of those crackheads are gonna run at you.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature
IAmCrystalHeights
IAmCrystalHeights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Places Named Martin Luther King, Jr Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 09:22 PM, Autokrator wrote: well i mean respectable streets are usually named after trees or presidents

not some civil rights leader

There's an Abraham Lincoln Elementary in my city, and most of these kids don't speak English as a first language, and have low test scores. It's also in a really bad area very close to MLKJ Park.