• 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Comrade
Comrade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 11:52 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 08:37 PM, Slint wrote: The kid must've kicked it into the stratosphere.

He actually caused quite a bit in damage.

At 10/15/11 08:13 PM, JoeMation wrote:
At 10/15/11 08:07 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: So the money you won is going to pay the court and legal fees, right?

Right?
The paper says he only has $101.50 in fees, if I read it correctly.

That is correct. It cost me $101.50 to file a civil suit, and I represented myself. $1350 + $101.50 is what I won.

At 10/15/11 08:44 PM, Bryan wrote: Out of curiosity, have you spoken with him since this has happened?

Nope. He didn't even bring his son to court, because since he's his father he can represent him in court because he's a minor or some bullshit technicality. And then, he lost to a minor. That's good for business when you're an attorney.

Listen, if you're going to kick my motorcycle over, I suggest you don't go around texting my friends that you did push my motorcycle over, because I miiiiight just have the texts forwarded to me and then use them in court.

Pic related.

I took an attorney to court and won

abbuw
abbuw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 11:58 PM Reply

That is awesome. =D

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 12:00 AM Reply

At 10/15/11 06:17 PM, Jedi-Master wrote: You get $1,350 because some dumb ass kicked your motorcycle???

Nice work there and I agree. Don't be a dick and try to defend someone for something you know they did that was wrong.

What kind of bike do you have anyways ComradeMolotov?

At 10/15/11 11:52 PM, ComradeMolotov wrote: Listen, if you're going to kick my motorcycle over, I suggest you don't go around texting my friends that you did push my motorcycle over, because I miiiiight just have the texts forwarded to me and then use them in court.

Hilarious!! They were just setting themselves up for getting owned.

Pic related.

:D

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Xgsniper
Xgsniper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 12:01 AM Reply

Please tell me you shouted, "OBJECTION" at least once.

Krbyfan1
Krbyfan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 12:06 AM Reply

If you had a lawyer represent you, he probably would have taken most of that, if not possibly more. It just goes to show it may matter if you have a big stick, but if you don't know how to swing it, you're going to hit yourself in the shin.

Nice job defending yourself.

And for a moment I thought this was over a bicycle. I really am tired.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 12:08 AM Reply

At 10/15/11 06:08 PM, Dromedary wrote: Is that all damage money? Fuck man, how hard did he kick it?

Repairs aren't cheap. Congrats dude. Small claims court?

Comrade
Comrade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 12:16 AM Reply

At 10/16/11 12:00 AM, SCTE3 wrote: What kind of bike do you have anyways ComradeMolotov?

I ride a Kawasaki Ninja.

At 10/16/11 12:01 AM, Xgsniper wrote: Please tell me you shouted, "OBJECTION" at least once.

No, but he did. Court was nerve wracking, but thankfully the judge was able to see what I've been having to deal with. I mean, the guy was chewing gum the entire time in court, no I am not kidding.

At 10/16/11 12:08 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 10/15/11 06:08 PM, Dromedary wrote: Is that all damage money? Fuck man, how hard did he kick it?
Repairs aren't cheap. Congrats dude. Small claims court?

Yep.

Also, admitting to me via text message is generally not a good idea.

I took an attorney to court and won

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 12:55 AM Reply

That was so unwise from him to send the texts to your friends and the last one you posted, to you.

And you handed the arrogant lawyers arse to himself. You are truly a hero, man.

but his kid is really a dumbfuck
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 12:57 AM Reply

Well for standing your ground, especially when you had done nothing wrong at all. Forget the money (though it helps) I imagine victory in itself feels pretty awesome for the events that happened.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
psycho-squirrel
psycho-squirrel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 02:58 AM Reply

It seems like this guy is a very very bad attorney. I bet an innocent man would rather plead guilty than have him as his attorney

1. You probably have no experience nor much knowledge of law

2. He was chewing gum in the court room.

3. He said "Don't go to the cops or he will have you arrested" A smart attorney would know when to keep his mouth shut.

4. Sent you those texts.

Plus he seems like a total asshole.

I just hope he doesn't try to get back at you in some way, like pin some crime or something on you, he does seem like the type.

BBS Signature
streetbob
streetbob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 03:10 AM Reply

At 10/15/11 08:30 PM, BizzarroPMP wrote:
At 10/15/11 08:02 PM, Hybridization wrote: I took a garbage man to the dump.
I gave a cabbie a ride home.

I out hooked a hooker!

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 03:43 AM Reply

At 10/16/11 02:58 AM, psycho-squirrel wrote: It seems like this guy is a very very bad attorney. I bet an innocent man would rather plead guilty than have him as his attorney

1. You probably have no experience nor much knowledge of law

2. He was chewing gum in the court room.

3. He said "Don't go to the cops or he will have you arrested" A smart attorney would know when to keep his mouth shut.

4. Sent you those texts.

Plus he seems like a total asshole.

I just hope he doesn't try to get back at you in some way, like pin some crime or something on you, he does seem like the type.

I don't think he was a bad attorney. In small claims court, technicalities don't really happen often, because it's a very simple process. You don't NEED knowledge of the law, really. And you're not persuading a jury. You're persuading a Judge. The lawyer probably realized that, and resorted to desperate threats to try and get OP to drop the case. But once the suit was filed, it was over. OP had indisputable proof that the kid kicked over his motorcycle. There was nothing ANY lawyer could do, really.

psycho-squirrel
psycho-squirrel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 04:00 AM Reply

At 10/16/11 03:43 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I don't think he was a bad attorney. In small claims court, technicalities don't really happen often, because it's a very simple process. You don't NEED knowledge of the law, really. And you're not persuading a jury. You're persuading a Judge. The lawyer probably realized that, and resorted to desperate threats to try and get OP to drop the case. But once the suit was filed, it was over. OP had indisputable proof that the kid kicked over his motorcycle. There was nothing ANY lawyer could do, really.

Hmm, interesting. I still wouldn't want him as my attorney though. Seems like a total ass who is full of himself, based on what was written down.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 04:04 AM Reply

Watch your ass though, that man might come back for revenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

psycho-squirrel
psycho-squirrel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 04:07 AM Reply

At 10/16/11 04:00 AM, psycho-squirrel wrote: Hmm, interesting. I still wouldn't want him as my attorney though. Seems like a total ass who is full of himself, based on what was written down.

Then again if an attorney was a total ass but was very good at winning cases, that would be different. I just feel that based one what was described about him that he is't that good. Intuition I guess.

BBS Signature
mariomusicmaker1
mariomusicmaker1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 04:28 AM Reply

I saved an EMT's life!

also,, what a dumb fuck!

I Stopped A Rape!!!
" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature
Love
Love
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 04:39 AM Reply

At 10/16/11 03:10 AM, streetbob wrote:
At 10/15/11 08:02 PM, Hybridization wrote:
I took a garbage man to the dump.
I arrested a police officer.
I out hooked a hooker!

I took a cashier's order.

BBS Signature
Mechwarrior300
Mechwarrior300
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 04:48 AM Reply

At 10/16/11 04:39 AM, Hybridization wrote:
At 10/16/11 03:10 AM, streetbob wrote:
At 10/15/11 08:02 PM, Hybridization wrote:
I out hooked a hooker!

I fixed a plumber's toilet.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHUCKY DUCKY NAAAAOOWWW
CLICK MY SIG FOR PICS OF JAILBAIT YOU SICK MOTHERFUCKER!!!

BBS Signature
Love
Love
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 04:57 AM Reply

At 10/16/11 04:48 AM, Mechwarrior300 wrote:
I out hooked a hooker!
I fixed a plumber's toilet.

I gave a doctor a prescription.

BBS Signature
Comrade
Comrade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 10:50 AM Reply

At 10/16/11 04:32 AM, daethdrain wrote: It's awesome that you took him to court and won. He should have done the right thing and made his son pay for it or pay for it himself. But he's looking like a dumb ass.
What exactly happened in court?
Details?
How long sis this process take?

He never even involved his son, he claimed he was trying to protect him. I never saw the kid when I met with his father to try to resolve it, my mother and I only received empty threats so we got up and left.

He tried to get it dismissed in court, he was asking questions in such a way to try to make me and my witnesses look bad when they were on the stand. When I was walking into the courtroom, he sat on a bench and said hello to me. I turned around and said "Hello, where's your son?"

His son was conveniently recovering from dental surgery, when they had been served nearly 2 months prior of the court date and had plenty of notice.

Honestly, it seems like its more the father's fault, not the kid's fault, because I can see where the son gets it and how he's been raised. I wouldn't be surprised if the father went home and told his son that they won.

To make sure his son knows what happened, the next time I see him, I'm going to personally give him a copy of the judgment, tell him I forgive him for pushing my bike over, smile, and walk away.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to I took an attorney to court and won Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 11:56 AM Reply

At 10/16/11 12:16 AM, ComradeMolotov wrote:
At 10/16/11 12:00 AM, SCTE3 wrote: What kind of bike do you have anyways ComradeMolotov?
I ride a Kawasaki Ninja.

Seeing a few images of them on google images, I have to say, that's a pretty nice ride.

At 10/16/11 12:01 AM, Xgsniper wrote: Please tell me you shouted, "OBJECTION" at least once.
No, but he did. Court was nerve wracking, but thankfully the judge was able to see what I've been having to deal with. I mean, the guy was chewing gum the entire time in court, no I am not kidding.

He must have been a real wreck to object to everything like that. I guess he wasn't such a great attorney after all.

Also, admitting to me via text message is generally not a good idea.

Got to love how he set himself up for all of that. :P

At 10/16/11 10:50 AM, ComradeMolotov wrote: He never even involved his son, he claimed he was trying to protect him. I never saw the kid when I met with his father to try to resolve it, my mother and I only received empty threats so we got up and left.

I think if he had let his son do half the speaking, it could have gone smoother. That and probably never go to court either if the kid was willing to pay up what he could to pay for repairs.

He tried to get it dismissed in court, he was asking questions in such a way to try to make me and my witnesses look bad when they were on the stand. When I was walking into the courtroom, he sat on a bench and said hello to me. I turned around and said "Hello, where's your son?"

Worst attorney ever it seems. I would never even bother hiring him for a court case either. Not even willing to let his own son come to court to speak for himself is a pretty stupid thing of him to do as well.

His son was conveniently recovering from dental surgery, when they had been served nearly 2 months prior of the court date and had plenty of notice.

Oh really? Just an excuse I see. :P

Honestly, it seems like its more the father's fault, not the kid's fault, because I can see where the son gets it and how he's been raised. I wouldn't be surprised if the father went home and told his son that they won.

Best of luck with that story when his son sees him having to pay a chunk of money to someone else. His son probably didn't even care if they won or lost I hope. Hopefully the kid apologized to you as well for damages done to your ride.

To make sure his son knows what happened, the next time I see him, I'm going to personally give him a copy of the judgment, tell him I forgive him for pushing my bike over, smile, and walk away.

Sounds cool. :-)

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature