• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 11:15 AM, Bees wrote:
At 10/15/11 08:19 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 10/14/11 10:00 PM, Bees wrote: occupy ______ is
You popped EJR's and GD's dick out of your mouth long enough to spout that? Impressive.
holding a grudge for something i had zero to do with is a great comeback argument tell it again

Grudge? What grudge? Tired of the same old circlejerking that I refuse to take part in any longer? Yeah.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 05:08 PM Reply

I think it's a big waste of time though it helps find new morons on the internet, such as the writers of all these "I am the 99%" texts.

Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 05:17 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 05:08 PM, FBIpolux wrote: I think it's a big waste of time though it helps find new morons on the internet, such as the writers of all these "I am the __%" texts.

I fixed that for you. They are starting to put whatever fucking number in that blank that they want.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 05:26 PM Reply

so what do they want? i have tried and i can't find out is it that 99% of people are disabled and cannot afford to live? its like they're denying the existence of any middle class, which i also heard they are all a part of. i dont understand everything i have read from the pictures on 4chan is a blatant lie so i'll just post this picture (point out its from 4chan and so i sort of said its a lie to feel special)

The "Occupy" movement

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 06:03 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 05:17 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 10/15/11 05:08 PM, FBIpolux wrote: I think it's a big waste of time though it helps find new morons on the internet, such as the writers of all these "I am the __%" texts.
I fixed that for you. They are starting to put whatever fucking number in that blank that they want.

Yeah true. Also Kanye West.

The "Occupy" movement

Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 06:11 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 05:30 PM, Bees wrote:
yeah now you've moved on to the new google hangout one. congrats bro clap clap completely irrelevant to anything i said about the protest but then again what did i expect.

Google hang out circle jerks? Where? But yeah. Completely irrelevant to what you said, but meh. You're a kid. What does your opinion matter?

tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 06:03 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Yeah true. Also Kanye West.

I like how he showed up to the protest wearing clothing items that all cost more than $1,000

They tried to start some "Occupy" protest here in LA, I have no idea why. But the cops shut they down real fast. They were trying to do camp outs and all this hippie/hipster bullshit.

BBS Signature
Hancack
Hancack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 06:37 PM Reply

I posted this in another thread but anyways I understand the movements in places like San Francisco where Wells Fargo is HQ'd and the PSE, and places like New York where Wall ST. is, but why Oakland, CA? Why Conway, AR? Why Billings, MT? No disrespect, but what can you accomplish in Oakland? What can you accomplish in fucking Billings, MT? I understand major cities, but why is it in the most random of places like Conway, AR? It went from people standing against Capitalism, to people who just want to protest something.

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 06:40 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 06:19 PM, Bees wrote:
At 10/15/11 06:11 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Google hang out circle jerks? Where?
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1273 281/6#bbspost23375139_heading

when you herp

No circlejerk present there, unlike so many other stickam centric threads.

You're a kid.
you just gotta derp

Indeed twilight. You derp. Hard.

nothing to see here routine mercatormap here also nice job quitting after you were banned it says a lot about your purpose dipshit (owned to hell)

get at me

You responded and proceeded to act like a douchebag. It says a lot about you kid.

Loiarlyritpyat
Loiarlyritpyat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 07:23 PM Reply

What? you're against our warmongering? Militarism keeps the nation strong. Violent resistance is the only way that works hippies.

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 07:47 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 08:19 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: This is newgrounds. No one here is politically active

Speak for yourself.

Side note: Look at all these fucking hipsters.

The "Occupy" movement

Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 07:47 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 10/15/11 08:19 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: This is newgrounds. No one here is politically active
Speak for yourself.

Side note: Look at all these fucking hipsters.

Majority of the website is adolescent children who can't vote, and definitely don't have the cash for donating to the candidates/causes they want to support.

The few adults here that do, well, many of them don't vote, and well. Zero donate cash. Sure, maybe "no one" is inaccurate, but a tiny minority are the only portion that are. So really, again, this forum and it's discussions are largely irrelevant.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 07:58 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 07:54 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Majority of the website is adolescent children who can't vote, and definitely don't have the cash for donating to the candidates/causes they want to support.

The few adults here that do, well, many of them don't vote, and well. Zero donate cash. Sure, maybe "no one" is inaccurate, but a tiny minority are the only portion that are. So really, again, this forum and it's discussions are largely irrelevant.

It is true that most people here can not vote. However most young people here do work and have jobs and probably want to see some sort of change. Which is something I have yet to see the Occupy movement do except just protest against Wall Street. I'm still not entirely sure what they do want or how they want to go and accomplish this.

Also it is always important to get young people into politics because if they're misinformed at that young adult age then who knows where their vote will be cast. So telling young people "your opinion doesn't matter because you can't vote" is although true, but it is a cruel thing to say because I believe that our youth's opinions do matter, when it is well informed.

Also if this forums discussions are irrelevant, then why are you here? No that's not an insult it is a basic question, if you find this all irrelevant and not noteworthy then why are you here then?

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Autokrator
Autokrator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 09:34 PM Reply

so, have any of you seen the leaked emails yet? they're hilarious

they actually think they have the power to "destabilize" global markets

I have a message for the political elites in Washington, D.C. The United States of America is not going to become the United States of Europe, not on our watch. - HERMAN CAIN

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 09:51 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 07:58 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
Also it is always important to get young people into politics because if they're misinformed at that young adult age then who knows where their vote will be cast. So telling young people "your opinion doesn't matter because you can't vote" is although true, but it is a cruel thing to say because I believe that our youth's opinions do matter, when it is well informed.

It's not really cruel to tell a child to shut the fuck up and get back to mowing the lawn, doing the dishes, scrubbing the floor. It's teaching them what it means to work in this society.

Also if this forums discussions are irrelevant, then why are you here? No that's not an insult it is a basic question, if you find this all irrelevant and not noteworthy then why are you here then?

Because you lot, are extremely entertaining. Especially Rummy's piss poor attempts at trolling.

Inglis
Inglis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 10:02 PM Reply

I don't think any of us commie hating true blooded Americans hate rich people. No way! They are our idols! But when they rob the banks, use the money to give themselves bonuses, then pass all the fines and penalties and debt to the "99". Well doesn't that piss you off at all?

Autokrator
Autokrator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 10:12 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 10:02 PM, Inglis wrote: I don't think any of us commie hating true blooded Americans hate rich people. No way! They are our idols! But when they rob the banks, use the money to give themselves bonuses, then pass all the fines and penalties and debt to the "99". Well doesn't that piss you off at all?

banks have been downsizing the best they can to maintain any profit at all, during the financial crisis. how is that passing everything "onto you" ?

bank of america, goldman sachs, hsbc (yes, foreign banks too), and other banks are all losing their stock value at a rapid rate (still) and slashing jobs

despite what you may believe, "banksters" aren't some exclusive social class with the ability to manipulate the market. neither are the 1%.

I have a message for the political elites in Washington, D.C. The United States of America is not going to become the United States of Europe, not on our watch. - HERMAN CAIN

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 10:12 PM, Autokrator wrote:
banks have been downsizing the best they can to maintain any profit at all, during the financial crisis. how is that passing everything "onto you" ?

The US government bailed them out using taxpayer dollars. Definitely passed on to the taxpayer.

bank of america, goldman sachs, hsbc (yes, foreign banks too), and other banks are all losing their stock value at a rapid rate (still) and slashing jobs

slashing jobs.....meanwhile awarding 5 and 11 million dollar severance checks to corporate officers.

Let me rephrase that for you kid. They are getting paid millions of dollars......FOR GETTING FIRED.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 10:19 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 10:16 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: The US government bailed them out using taxpayer dollars. Definitely passed on to the taxpayer.

Sorry Autokrator, but Mercator is right on this point. I can understand why Obama did it, he didn't want to be seen as another Hoover. Yeah the Stock Market crashed and banks went down. Seems to be a bit of Deja Vu going on here. So we have the bank bailouts, which helped the banks, but not us.

What does the banks do? They're banks! You think they're gonna turn down money?

BBS Signature
Benji
Benji
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 10:20 PM Reply

You know how 99% is pretty poor, and there's that 1% who are very rich and create a huge gap between the two percentages?

...I'm in that 1%.

COME AT ME, MY FAMILIES FUCKING RICH AS BALLS.

BBS Signature
Autokrator
Autokrator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 10:21 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 10:16 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Let me rephrase that for you kid. They are getting paid millions of dollars......FOR GETTING FIRED.

if you're angry at the bailout, why direct it at the banks? it was the federal government who did that.

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 10:23 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 10:19 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 10/15/11 10:16 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: The US government bailed them out using taxpayer dollars. Definitely passed on to the taxpayer.
Sorry Autokrator, but Mercator is right on this point. I can understand why Obama did it, he didn't want to be seen as another Hoover. Yeah the Stock Market crashed and banks went down. Seems to be a bit of Deja Vu going on here. So we have the bank bailouts, which helped the banks, but not us.

What does the banks do? They're banks! You think they're gonna turn down money?

And really, it's not like most folks would be affected. the FDIC ensures bank accounts for up to 100k, and temporarily was insuring for up to 250k if your bank failed. Bank fails, get check in the mail, continue with life.

These guys don't produce products. They are professional gamblers. That is all.

Viktor
Viktor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 10:24 PM Reply

Driving to Chicago first thing tomorrow.

Molotav Cocktail ready.

THIS IS FOR YOU COMRADE!

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 10:28 PM Reply

At 10/15/11 10:23 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: These guys don't produce products. They are professional gamblers. That is all.

More like a professional mafia than gamblers. I know that is kind of cliche and all, but think about it, debt goes up, taxes go up, money goes up, people lose jobs, banks lose money, money is given to banks by government. It's a vicious cycle that constantly keeps a wound open with nothing there to help it heal.

I know this joke is used for Canada, but dammit we truly are a country running off of Monopoly Money right now.

BBS Signature
Alphabetetical
Alphabetetical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 15th, 2011 @ 11:08 PM Reply

Boulder, you say? Well you were swinging a sign approximately 60 miles away from where I live.

Lolthread
Thanks a bunch to CagedSilhouette for the shiny new sig.

BBS Signature
abbuw
abbuw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 12:07 AM Reply

This occupy thing is stupid.
If you have many problems like not getting enough monies to pay bills and get food, like me but 10x worse, just live with it.

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 12:46 AM Reply

At 10/15/11 10:24 PM, Viktor wrote: I'm a cocksucking moron.
At 10/16/11 12:07 AM, abbuw wrote: I'm a cocksucking moron.

I agree.

dontpanic01
dontpanic01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 12:52 AM Reply

I mean come on politicians don't need to spend billions of dollars on their campaigns to get re-elected to office, yet they still do... not to mention the handoffs via bogus gov't contracts and other shit, it's a bit ridiculous, there is a fine line between getting what you worked for and being a greedy asshole getting million dollar bonuses by playing roulette with other people's money

apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

Inglis
Inglis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 01:56 AM Reply

You know, when the people win, and they always do, you haters will be kissing ass. Be like all, "oh thanks for making my life better!" and we be like, "FUCK you and your sandwich!"

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The "Occupy" movement Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 02:14 AM Reply

At 10/16/11 01:56 AM, Inglis wrote: You know, when the people win, and they always do, you haters will be kissing ass. Be like all, "oh thanks for making my life better!" and we be like, "FUCK you and your sandwich!"

This makes me giggle.

BBS Signature