New Topic Respond to this Topic
doubleO-Q
doubleO-Q
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Looking to hire animators 2011-10-14 19:28:28 Reply

Hey, I'm an aspiring young producer/writer looking for a crew of animators and voice actors to bring my stories (or possibly other people's stories) to the big magic picture box in your living room. I have a decently sized budget to pay a range of animators, artists, voice actors, and editors. Also, I plan to split the net profits among all the different crew members accordingly to how much they gave to the animation. Right now, I'm hoping to start with a pilot episode to submit to various production companies and if rejected, submitted to newgrounds for all to see.

The series will be action/sci-fi based in the year 2015. (or later, depending on whatever the hell I feel like) During a point when the seeds for WW3 are being planted throughout the world, but is not yet in full swing. The story revolves around a small squad of research subjects being used in experimental labs in America, who are sent on missions to find other "anomolies" in the world and bring them back for research and if possible, active duty in the squad. I have a couple seasons planned out story-wise already, but I'd rather not release the details just yet.

If anybody is interested, please say so in this thread, or message my inbox. I'll be checking in daily and respond as quickly as possible to any people willing to audition their artwork, animation, or voicework.

Note: I DO plan on making this series a big thing, and I DO plan on making it as high quality as possible. I will not take shit from pre-madonas or procrastinators in this production.

Markface
Markface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Looking to hire animators 2011-10-14 20:01:18 Reply

This all seems far too vague. This type of thread pops up 10 times a week... some 19-something-year-old who comes up with some painfully average story-line on the bus and thinks he'll be the next big thing if only others can animate and design the show for him.

If your confident about your story, give us more details... not just "it's a war movie set in 2015 or whenever I want". I know you said you don't want to give out too many details but right now it seems like even you have no idea... or you've just thought up a general plot for a few seasons and haven't written a full dialogue script for it yet.

best of luck, yo'

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
doubleO-Q
doubleO-Q
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Looking to hire animators 2011-10-14 22:07:36 Reply

Well, frankly I am 19 years old, you're right about that. But these ideas have been rattling around in my head for years and years. I've given it all a lot of thought and have dozens of in-depth characters and their adventures planned out over the course of the entire war, and the restoration into the new age of mankind. And no, it's not really so much a war movie, so much as it is a series about the various research facilities and the technology and forbidden knowledge forced to light or development by WW3. If you would like more detail, please ask for whatever you like. I've planned out the series from beginning to end already, and many of the seasons will go from one set of characters to another.

Right now, the important things you should know about is the characters and setting I suppose. In the squad I told you about, there are 4 field agents. Elise, Zachary, Cole, and Kakuyo. As well as the director of the research facility, Victoria, along with head researcher Hank. The research facility does not originally know about the existence of most superhuman or supposedly "impossible" or "fictional" science and such, and only believe in an alien, symbiotic lifeform that seemed to reside inside an asteroid that was bound to destroy the earth in 2012. However, the United Nations banded together to perform a joint nuclear attack to destroy said asteroid. Fragments of the symbiotic creature survived though, and attached themselves to various lifeforms, inducing hyper-evolution in select beings throughout the world.

If you have literally "any" questions about the story, feel free to ask. You can also ask about any of the production work or the budget and such. I intend to make this work, and I'll do all the research and work required to make it that way. I'm only asking for the talents I simply don't have myself, such as animating and artwork, or performing female voices as well as variety in the male voices. (I'm a rather skilled voice actor myself, but it's still good to have other male voice actors to make the characters feel more separate from each other)

doubleO-Q
doubleO-Q
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Looking to hire animators 2011-10-15 23:12:40 Reply

Bump