00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cryptozoology Club

18,111 Views | 88 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 16:03:29

I sure hope I am not the only one with a growing interest in crpyotozoology.

For those who are unaware of what this is, Cryptozoology is basically the study of animals whose existence has not been 100% proven, but there have been sightings of them, and other bits of 'proof'.

Famous examples of these things would be Bigfoot, Mothman, Chupacabra, and The Jersey Devil.

There are 1,000's more, if not MORE than 1,000's.

I've been doing some research lately after always having a fascination with Mothman more than others (too bad the movie sucked).

The fact that there can be hundreds of thousands of undiscovered animals is so fascinating, and there has already been one big discover of the Okapi, which appears to be a zebra with some features of a giraffe as well.

There have been articles lately where scientists are starting to believe that even The Kraken has even existed, and may still exist.
Sounds impossible, but when it comes to aquatic life I think that NOTHING is impossible.

What are your biggest interests in cryptozoology?

I was thinking one day I want to discover something like this, imagine being a cryptozoologist for a living...

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 16:15:28

I am pretty interested in stuff like this, though I never knew the correct term for it.

I'm mainly intrigued by the idea of large undiscovered aquatic animals which haven't been proved to exist yet, like the Giant Squid. Any large animals which may or may not exist generally peak my interest.

Good idea for a club.

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 16:26:04

At 10/13/11 04:15 PM, Snuff wrote: I'm mainly intrigued by the idea of large undiscovered aquatic animals which haven't been proved to exist yet, like the Giant Squid. Any large animals which may or may not exist generally peak my interest.

The Giant Squid is very fascinating, just the idea of it is totally crazy... And terrifying!

Undiscovered aquatic animals blow my mind, imagine how many there are under water... it's an entirely different world than the one we're so used to up here. I'd love to spend a day on the ocean, and go as far as I can to see what sort of animals I can see, just living. Discovered ones of course, I doubt I'd find anything fancy, but deep sea diving would be incredible... Seeing something nobody ever has would be such a life-changing experience.

I was reading an article today about how this scientist believes there may actually be a giant squid similar to the famous Kraken (which is nothing more than a tale), so there IS evidence of a giant kraken now apparently... Can you believe that???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a rticle-2047699/Sea-monster-100ft-Kraken-
exists-claims-scientist-Mark-McMenamin.h tml

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 16:40:26

I find the idea of a aquatic dinosaur that evades all human contact in a Scottish lake to be very improbable, but it would be very awesome if it really existed.

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 16:58:34

I'm so in.

Don't believe in any of it, but fucking love shows like Animal X or In Search Of. Don't care for the likes of Destination Truth or MonsterQuest where they just dick about with camera traps and then don't find anything, but love ones that just analyse the legend and talk to eye witnesses. They're really interesting.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 17:02:14

I'm in. Has anyone seen that news story about how scientists have found yeti hairs and footprints and believe that yetis actually exist?

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 17:23:08

Count me in! I love stuff like diary extracts from 300 years ago claiming to have seen an alien, but I'm equally fascinated by this ongoing hunt for a Yeti. To be honest, discovery of any form always interests me, especially with animals/supernatural/monsters.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 17:50:20

I have been interested in Cryptozoology for years, now my main interest is the Sasquatch. I been doing research over the years about this massive creature, I even have some possible evidence photos.

I've seen similar formations on the internet and Bigfoot shows, the land it's self is around 32 to 50 acres not including the nature preserve that goes on for 3 miles. I doubt it's still in the area now.

Cryptozoology Club

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 18:40:28

At 10/13/11 05:23 PM, Dromedary wrote: Count me in! I love stuff like diary extracts from 300 years ago claiming to have seen an alien, but I'm equally fascinated by this ongoing hunt for a Yeti. To be honest, discovery of any form always interests me, especially with animals/supernatural/monsters.

Anything about aliens fascinates me, since I believe that we were brought here by them. I could go on forever about it, but won't until I have the time.
To sum it up quickly, I believe we were brought here by another colony of what we WERE, and evolved from that stage. They found that life could exist on this planet and that is why we have grown to live on Earth. So there are other colonies in space, or in other dimensions. I have theory on both, but will continue about that another time as I am in a hurry. But we have evolved since coming here, there is endless evidence of that from finding old fossils from our ancestors, lots of strangely shaped skulls etc... But I have no time, I wish I did.

Aliens are awesome though!

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 18:45:37

At 10/13/11 04:15 PM, Snuff wrote: I'm mainly intrigued by the idea of large undiscovered aquatic animals which haven't been proved to exist yet, like the Giant Squid. Any large animals which may or may not exist generally peak my interest.

I'm pretty sure giant squid have been discovered and even photographed/filmed in their natural habitat. Unless you are referring to some other type which is bigger than the giant squid that have been discovered or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 19:29:33

At 10/13/11 06:45 PM, chiefindomer wrote: I'm pretty sure giant squid have been discovered and even photographed/filmed in their natural habitat. Unless you are referring to some other type which is bigger than the giant squid that have been discovered or something.

In the article I posted earlier they mentioned something similar to the Kraken, which is... Pretty fucking scary, the KRAKEN... That thing is mythological of course, but honestly I believe every piece of mythology has some realism behind it and I think that a squid that large may easily be real. It's another world in the ocean. I doubt we've even discovered half of what it has to offer.

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 19:33:36

I'm in. I've always loved looking up this kinda stuff. I have a theory that Bigfoot, The Yeti, and The Abominable Snowman are all the same species but all in different areas.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 19:56:11

At 10/13/11 07:33 PM, J-Rex wrote: I'm in. I've always loved looking up this kinda stuff. I have a theory that Bigfoot, The Yeti, and The Abominable Snowman are all the same species but all in different areas.

I've always suspected that they are the same species.

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 19:58:44

At 10/13/11 05:50 PM, smeagol1 wrote: I even have some possible evidence photos.

Please be joking. I used to make those little stick shelters in the woods all the time when I was younger.

I'm not bigfoot by the way.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 20:37:14

At 10/13/11 07:58 PM, Dromedary wrote:
I'm not bigfoot by the way.

This is exactly what Bigfoot would say.

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 20:53:39

At 10/13/11 04:58 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'm so in.

Don't believe in any of it, but fucking love shows like Animal X or In Search Of. Don't care for the likes of Destination Truth or MonsterQuest where they just dick about with camera traps and then don't find anything, but love ones that just analyse the legend and talk to eye witnesses. They're really interesting.

Some are proven to be real, thing is that the way some people described them, it can be a bit outlandish.

Some are shrouded in myth, like the devil owl in Bangladesh.

Then there's the okapi and the Vietnamese giant turtle which was once believed to be a legend.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 20:57:24

At 10/13/11 08:53 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Some are proven to be real, thing is that the way some people described them, it can be a bit outlandish.

Once something is proven to be real it's no longer cryptozoological, it's just zoological.

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 21:05:51

At 10/13/11 08:57 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 10/13/11 08:53 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Some are proven to be real, thing is that the way some people described them, it can be a bit outlandish.
Once something is proven to be real it's no longer cryptozoological, it's just zoological.

Then the good number of possibly real are bound to be removed, it's a matter of time.

*looks at yetti*

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-13 22:48:08

At 10/13/11 07:56 PM, skaterdude411 wrote:
At 10/13/11 07:33 PM, J-Rex wrote: I'm in. I've always loved looking up this kinda stuff. I have a theory that Bigfoot, The Yeti, and The Abominable Snowman are all the same species but all in different areas.
I've always suspected that they are the same species.

I'm sure they are too, though the Abominable Snowman may not be, it'd be cool if ONE of them was their own unique species if not all of them. I always thought the Abominable Snowman had something different about him, just a feeling I get.

I really wish all of these could really be discovered so we can find out for sure what they are and where they come from. Yetis are crazy!

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-14 00:12:45

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-14 00:17:21

At 10/14/11 12:12 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Bigfoot and Loch Ness Monster debunked.

Have fun though.

If it's the one I am thinking of, that was simply debunking the videos of Big Foot that are very famous.

But what about the other Yeti sightings across the globe? Want to link me to something debunking all the eye witnesses explanations?

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-14 00:58:44

At 10/14/11 12:17 AM, Luke wrote: But what about the other Yeti sightings across the globe? Want to link me to something debunking all the eye witnesses explanations?

Yeah that was the one with Big Foot. The one popularized here in the United States of America. Wanted to get that out of the way. As far as other Yeti's go around the globe, then carry on.

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-14 01:35:55

At 10/13/11 07:58 PM, Dromedary wrote:
At 10/13/11 05:50 PM, smeagol1 wrote: I even have some possible evidence photos.
Please be joking. I used to make those little stick shelters in the woods all the time when I was younger.

No ones going to go way into the middle of the woods to do this, google Sasquatch stick formations. I know a guy from New Jersey who live next to the Pine Barrens and he says if you go deep enough you can find these formations. Some suggest they are territory markings, Gorillas do the exact same thing with small vegetation.

At 10/14/11 12:12 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Bigfoot and Loch Ness Monster debunked.

Have fun though.

Im going to let you finish but explain the thousands of credible sighting across North America let alone the photos and proven real foot castings with dermal ridges. as for Loch Ness im neutral on the subject.

These two sighting are very close to where I live.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-14 03:02:34

I've always been very skeptic about Loch Ness, and I don't really know why for sure. Something about it just always seemed very unbelievable to me. Lots of the stories seem like they could be real, but any photo proof or video of anything has always seemed so bad and explainable, besides being a sea-monster.

I don't necessarily believe it doesn't exist, but I don't think it will ever be discovered. And I don't think any of the photographs of it are real.

How big is the lake that Loch Ness inhabits? Any ideas? Personally, if I was mayor or whatever of the area it was in, and I continued having people claim there was a sea-monster in it, I would say to hell with this and I'd drain the damn lake.
If it isn't flapping around begging for life when there is no water around, and there are no possible hiding places for it to be (I'd have crews scan the entire bed where the water was), then it doesn't exist.

I would go those lengths to prove it being real or fake. It will never happen that way however.

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-14 11:41:38

I'm in. Always found this kind of stuff fun!

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-14 12:48:11

Wow, this is an incredible idea for a club. Good thing for once I decided to check out this section of the BBS to find this little gem. I'm definitely in. I've always been curious about the ocean. So much of it is unexplored and there could be an incredible amount of anything down there. That's what's so amazing about how deep it goes. Definitely a great place to get information posted if you're into this type of thing.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-14 16:14:33

I really would like to join this fine thread!

I Really like Legends like Bigfoot, Loch Ness, Chupacabra, Aliens, Mothman.
Has anyone tried founding the Bigfoot monster in Gta or something? I myself have a book here at home called Worlds biggest Mysteries which i grew really fond of :D

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-14 16:51:37

At 10/14/11 12:01 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Fascinated by animals and evolution, and those that remain hidden have always captured my imagination.

Imagine the immensity of the depths - dark, unexplored, unknown, and with enough space to hide anything. Anything.

I wouldn't find it unbelievable that some immense creature lives well below the ocean depths. Some may claim the natural resources aren't there to feed such a beast, but the titanic Blue Whale eats only krill - which are minute.

This is the sound it makes.

I find it fascinating by itself how exotic and mysterious undiscovered animals must have been. For example, imagine before anyone knew about elephants or giraffes in Europe, they would seem so unreal. Not to forget, something like the blue whale, who would believe there was a 30 m giant animal out in the sea?

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-14 18:14:30

At 10/14/11 04:51 PM, Narusegawa wrote:
I find it fascinating by itself how exotic and mysterious undiscovered animals must have been. For example, imagine before anyone knew about elephants or giraffes in Europe, they would seem so unreal. Not to forget, something like the blue whale, who would believe there was a 30 m giant animal out in the sea?

You should have read the description of a kangaroo by some dude's point of view. Even I would have thought he's full of crap.

Then there's the platypus, even when a corpse was given out as a proof, the skeptics still thinks it's fake.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Cryptozoology Club 2011-10-14 18:28:40

At 10/14/11 01:35 AM, smeagol1 wrote: No ones going to go way into the middle of the woods to do this

I did. You don't want to share your secret woodland hiding place with anyone else, do you?

Or I could be bigfoot trying to throw you off the scent, who knows.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature