00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Think before you post!

4,738 Views | 53 Replies

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 18:50:24

At 10/13/11 03:42 PM, BrocoliClock wrote: Yeah, I agree. I can be a bit immature at times, but not usually in Forums.

I read your name as brocolicock , i laughed my shit out until i realized. Imagin, a cock of brocoli

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 18:54:24

At 10/13/11 06:48 PM, Ridgericer wrote: But isn't that a point, you should add an "Edit thread" button so the creator could fix any mistakes in his/her thread and reword it?

This has been covered numerous times. As helpful as it would be, the powers-that-be think that the negative outweighs the positive when it comes to editing posts. People could and most likely would go back and rewrite posts from threads that have been inactive for years, creating all kinds of confusion. Also, it would be hard to catch anyone breaking the rules, because they could edit away anything incriminating before a mod saw it.

But editing to remove a mistake does indicate that a user has enough of a semblance of responsibility to remove their own offensive material.

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 19:00:14

I simply just don't care what people think about me.

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 19:58:32

Yay! 50th Post!

Click my sig, it says so.

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 19:58:38

At 10/13/11 03:42 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 10/13/11 03:39 PM, WadeFulp wrote: So think before you post.
I refuse.

You and me both, brother.

Now, teach me how to fucking dougie!

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 20:29:07

If I made a thread, then got my post history deleted, would that thread still be there?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 20:30:34

I enjoy to see how i've improved over time.

I'm quite jealous of these clever signatures.

Lol my Page

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 20:40:03

Yea, to be honest I always kind of resented that you guys granted those requests in the first place. It feels like my ability to cruise through old threads I participated and loved has been trampled in a lot of situations. I meant... CrimsonEdge, Scarab, Nephthys, agustana, and SevenSeize right off the bat I can think of those people who've had their posts wiped/accounts removed. That's about 50k worth of BBS history that no longer exists.

I mean, I understand their reasons for wanting them (though some were whinier and more stupid than others [I'M LOOKING AT YOU RYAN I KNOW YOU STILL READ THE BBS AT LEAST EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE]), I just have always thought that way. That once something is on here it shouldn't be removed because you already agreed to subject yourself to the fact that things put on this website were going to last forever.

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 20:54:56

This thread endorsed by CampusPolice.

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 21:03:58

I enjoy looking back at my past posts and seeing what a dumbass I was.

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 21:06:47

All the more reason why you shouldn't put your personal life in a forum like this. It's one thing to post your name and age, because there are many people out there who have the same name and age as said person, but it's quite another to put anything personal or anything embrassing that you have to explain to your boss about. Of course that hasn't stopped people from doing just that, and that will most likely continue.

Unlike Facebook, you do have a certain degree of anonymity here on NG, provided you don't blabber about your NG status to anyone who could exploit it for whatever reason. Also, most employers don't really bother with what happens in NG compared to Facebook, {and to a lesser extent, Twitter.} unless you openly talk about your profile here to your boss. Still, it's always worth it to stay on the safe side when it comes to forums like this, so you don't look like an ass in the end, or worse.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 21:09:38

I still remember the incident where some users posted threads about "doing something" to Bush. One could imagine the horror on their faces when they got raided by the FBI.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 21:29:32

At 10/13/11 03:41 PM, Scintillating wrote: That's why you should just stay as anonymous as possible and then post whatever offensive bullshit you like. It's much easier than self-censorship.

Yes, because the chans are obviously beacons of hilarity and excellent discussions.

Putting back fun in funeral.

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 21:34:29

At 10/13/11 09:29 PM, CheapTrick wrote:
At 10/13/11 03:41 PM, Scintillating wrote: That's why you should just stay as anonymous as possible and then post whatever offensive bullshit you like. It's much easier than self-censorship.
Yes, because the chans are obviously beacons of hilarity and excellent discussions.

They are also very informative, and thought provoking. We should model society like that, ya know? No responsibility, or accountability! What a great place to live!

Honestly. Take responsibility for you're actions. If you're not prepared to justify it in a level headed, and informative manner, don't post it.......unless trolling idiots...

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 21:40:05

bye bye cia i have my sights set on you

*presses huge button for blowing them to hell*

I have a message for the political elites in Washington, D.C. The United States of America is not going to become the United States of Europe, not on our watch. - HERMAN CAIN

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 21:44:25

At 10/13/11 09:40 PM, Autokrator wrote: bye bye cia i have my sights set on you

Your idiocy never ceases to amuse me.

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 21:45:11

True, as you grow and possibly develop a mature mind, you will soon realize how much of a stupid fuck you were. I know that feeling, and wish I could slap myself earlier in life.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 21:45:39

At 10/13/11 09:44 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 10/13/11 09:40 PM, Autokrator wrote: bye bye cia i have my sights set on you

Your idiocy never ceases to amuse me.

what kind of e-books are your favorite to read on a long flight

I have a message for the political elites in Washington, D.C. The United States of America is not going to become the United States of Europe, not on our watch. - HERMAN CAIN

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-13 23:12:28

You could give these posts a new account owner then delete the account. That way the posts stay but are made by <deleted>. No punctured threads this way. And it's just a few SQL statements.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-14 00:12:18

I'll still speak my mind. But I'll just keep my ID secret for the most part.

Oh, and old pic relevant:

Think before you post!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-14 00:54:27

But Wade, if idiots didn't post a bunch of sensitive stuff about themselves to people who don't give two spits, we wouldn't have such great internet moments like the slaughter of Jessica Slaughter.

What do you say to that?

Think before you post!

Response to Think before you post! 2011-10-14 01:16:10

At 10/13/11 05:54 PM, slipstrike wrote:
In that respect, Gagsy's untouchable. I mean, who wants to sift through 30k+ posts?

Not really.

All someone has to do is a advanced google search using pages from NG then just search a few choice words to see if anything comes up that could prove to be embarrassing.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Think before you post! 2011-12-03 12:08:16

WTF, you really think an 11 year old is going to be thinking about the consequences? I really don't see the problem in deleting posts.

Response to Think before you post! 2011-12-22 17:56:36

I do what I want when I want Wadey mc Wadeyson