akmeteor
akmeteor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 10:14 AM Reply

At 10/13/11 10:04 AM, Jedi-Master wrote:
Correlation doesn't imply causation. The fact that legal gun ownership is prevalent in the U.S. doesn't explain our higher crime rate, as most gun crimes are committed with illegally owned weapons.

Also, as another poster stated, we have a huge illegal immigration problem, which tends to contribute to violent crime. There are other factors involved in this problem as well.

Also, this makes me laugh.

This just goes to show that gun prohibition is a complete failure.

I would like to agree with you on gun prohibition being a complete failure in England, but it also has to do with standard police not having guns.

Don't live there so I wouldn't know if this is a bad rumor or true.

Well.

Shit.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 10:19 AM Reply

At 10/13/11 09:53 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote: Hi, I live in Canada. We don't carry weapons, and we have a far lower homicide rate in general and per capita....so something is wrong with your country. Might want to fix the issue, instead of adding to it.

Hi, I live in Australia. We don't carry weapons, and our crime rate is about on-par with America's, despite it being borderline impossible to obtain an Airsoft gun here. Might want to think about what you're saying, before you go ahead and pull implications out of your arse.

CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 10:47 AM Reply

Increased weaponry tends to lead to increase illegally obtained weaponry. The less gun stores there are, the less gun stores that can be stolen from.

You have a large illegal immigration problem, but that isn't really the source of the homicide issue. Most criminals in your country are legal citizens. It has more to do with poverty and inequality then it does race.

Simply adding weapons is obviously not the solution. Stricter punishments, better education, and less inequality would surely be a step in the right direction, however.

@Australia
Your country is more in line with Canada then America per capita, and in general.

Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 10:49 AM Reply

At 10/13/11 10:19 AM, Lintire wrote: Hi, I live in Australia. We don't carry weapons, and our crime rate is about on-par with America's, despite it being borderline impossible to obtain an Airsoft gun here. Might want to think about what you're saying, before you go ahead and pull implications out of your arse.

Hi, I live in America, and Goddamn do I love Australia. God bless you people and all your cultural and historical simularities to the US, as well as your unwavering support for all of our dumbass wars. Couldn't ask for a better ally.

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 12:08 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 10:47 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote: Increased weaponry tends to lead to increase illegally obtained weaponry. The less gun stores there are, the less gun stores that can be stolen from.

How often do gun stores experience robbery? Really?

Also, England prohibits the sale and I presume the manufacture of handguns, but guess what? Gun crimes still occur there and now people get stabbed instead of shot. Gun prohibition solves nothing.

You have a large illegal immigration problem, but that isn't really the source of the homicide issue. Most criminals in your country are legal citizens.

Perhaps, but illegal criminals extremely exacerbate the problem.

It has more to do with poverty and inequality then it does race.

I never even mentioned race.

But I do agree on the poverty and inequality part.

Simply adding weapons is obviously not the solution.

And obviously the statistics disagree with regard to legal gun ownership.

Stricter punishments,

Stricter punishments haven't been shown to be an effective deterrent, if I'm not mistaken, but I could be wrong. Hell, the death penalty doesn't even seem to deter the most violent criminals.

Also, stricter punishments usually equate to longer prison sentences, which makes prisons overcrowded, which compels state governments to release low level offenders, some of which were convicted of violent crimes.

better education, and less inequality would surely be a step in the right direction, however.

A better education will help, but I don't know what you're referring to with regard to "inequality." Be more specific, please.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 12:24 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 08:38 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Is this some kind of response for CA banning the open carry of guns? Shame the people in the salon weren't all carrying pistols so they could defend themselves.

Wonder how many salon shootings happened in texas this year...

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 12:55 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 01:22 AM, Sanch wrote: I'm actually flabbergasted when people see this shit and say that fighting Al Qaeda / Muslimes isn't worth it. This has happened (9/11) and will keep happening as long as there are people Not Like Us.

what.

Intro of darkness then redness then whiteness.
My "art" :D

BBS Signature
Lorkas
Lorkas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 01:25 PM Reply

They just couldn't take the heat.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature
LardLord
LardLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 03:38 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 10:02 AM, akmeteor wrote: Which probably wouldn't have happened if open carry were still allowed. I'm saying that a majority of crimes are caused by illegal immigrants and the poor.
Also, white =/= legal immigrant or citizen.

Here's what you said before:

Hi, I live in the U.S.A. We have a large amount of illegal immigration from about 3-4 different countries. So their offspring and sometimes them are often the attackers in these crimes. Well outside of the projects.

So, it's pretty clear that by illegal immigration you were referring to either Mexico or some other poor nation whose people have a pretty strong incentive to immigrate to America. Second and third world countries with strong incentives to immigrate to America in the 21st century are pretty exclusively nonwhite.Further this article does not suggest, nor has anybody suggested, that the shooter in this case was an immigrant. You brought that non-sequitur up totally independent of any statement of fact.

FLAMBOYTHEIMPALER
FLAMBOYTHEIMPALER
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 05:04 PM Reply

In local news critics today bash an infamous thread maker for being a huge retard. Stay tuned for more at 8.

Chiggers

BBS Signature
akmeteor
akmeteor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 05:22 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 03:38 PM, LardLord wrote:
So, it's pretty clear that by illegal immigration you were referring to either Mexico or some other poor nation whose people have a pretty strong incentive to immigrate to America. Second and third world countries with strong incentives to immigrate to America in the 21st century are pretty exclusively nonwhite.Further this article does not suggest, nor has anybody suggested, that the shooter in this case was an immigrant. You brought that non-sequitur up totally independent of any statement of fact.

Did I ever mention that I thought that this incident is the only reasons guns should be allowed?

Hell, I didn't even read the article because I originally came in this thread to watch everyone yell at Ed. Then Wade brought something up and I replied. Someone replied. I replied. Etc. I was also saying that 3-4 countries are the majority of where they come from, America actually gets a quite a few illegals from eastern Europe.

I was merely stating that it probably wouldn't have happened if open carry were still legal. He might have gotten one shot out before he himself were gunned down.

Well.

Shit.

Allele
Allele
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 05:28 PM Reply

8 people?

What a fucking low High Score.

Nron
Nron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 05:42 PM Reply

Anyone else notice how Edd is no longer posting on his thread?

Probably off making another Cali thread.

LardLord
LardLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 05:48 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 05:22 PM, akmeteor wrote: Did I ever mention that I thought that this incident is the only reasons guns should be allowed? Hell, I didn't even read the article because I originally came in this thread to watch everyone yell at Ed. Then Wade brought something up and I replied. Someone replied. I replied. Etc. I was also saying that 3-4 countries are the majority of where they come from, America actually gets a quite a few illegals from eastern Europe. I was merely stating that it probably wouldn't have happened if open carry were still legal. He might have gotten one shot out before he himself were gunned down.

That's a silly revenge fantasy. This is not an illegal alien coming into the salon and shooting people, it's an American citizen. Also per capita gun crime rates in places like england where gun ownership is illegal are astronomically lower than US gun crime rate per capita.

akmeteor
akmeteor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 05:53 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 05:48 PM, LardLord wrote:
That's a silly revenge fantasy. This is not an illegal alien coming into the salon and shooting people, it's an American citizen. Also per capita gun crime rates in places like england where gun ownership is illegal are astronomically lower than US gun crime rate per capita.

Yet they have over 300% more violent crimes....

Something about your theory is wrong, and I just can't put my finger on it....

Well.

Shit.

wwwyzzerdd
wwwyzzerdd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 05:58 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 01:17 AM, EddyFromEEnE wrote: Seal Beach, an affluent Orange County city of 25,000 people known for being the home of a Naval base

Well I guess I have to feel sorry for these rich white people, because they're rich white people.

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 05:59 PM Reply

Lots of edgy "So? Big deal" apathy in here, I don't know if I can take the coolness of it all.

wwwyzzerdd
wwwyzzerdd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 05:59 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Lots of edgy "So? Big deal" apathy in here, I don't know if I can take the coolness of it all.

In my own petty defense, I'm just disgusted that this is considered an issue because it's apparently noteworthy that this happened in an affluent area where this is considered uncommon. People practically have the same access to firearms anywhere in America, and crazy people who would be deranged enough to resort to violence to any petty issue can live anywhere.

If this was truly an issue, then I'd expect to see any story of a person being senselessly killed by another person being discussed on this forum.

BBS Signature
LardLord
LardLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 05:53 PM, akmeteor wrote: Yet they have over 300% more violent crimes....

Hmm

8 Dead in SoCal Shooting

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 06:08 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 09:46 AM, Jedi-Master wrote: Paranoid and dangerous? How? Legally authorized gun owners rarely commit violent crimes with their weapons, and burglary/armed robbery is very common. Why not be legally able to carry a gun on your person if you're known not to be a danger to society?

True, if you get your gun legally you're not really a crazed gunman.
Only people who obtain firearms illegally are the ones who tend to kill or threaten people.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
cheshirepus
cheshirepus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 06:12 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 09:42 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote:
An armed society is a paranoid and dangerous society.

Actually, you've probably met a lot more strangers on the street that had concealed, loaded handguns on them, with one in the chamber ready to go than you'd ever like to admit and never even knew it.

They're pretty easy to spot, to be honest, as they'll be considerably more likely to be polite for no reason and generally go out of their way to avoid any kind of conflict.

The typical California knee jerk reaction on banning unloaded open carry is actually a win given that it pretty much shoehorns "shall issue" CCW to every county in the state.

How the hell have you assholes been, anyway? It's been god knows how long since my last post.

chipotleaway
chipotleaway
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 07:14 PM Reply

Travis, I respect you as a user, but you are being an ass. He doesnt do it on purpose. He's more attracted to stuff that happens in his local area and race.
Its cool, brah.

I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam
In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature
akmeteor
akmeteor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 10:00 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 06:05 PM, LardLord wrote:
At 10/13/11 05:53 PM, akmeteor wrote: Yet they have over 300% more violent crimes....
Hmm

That is GUN violence. Not violence in GENERAL!

I'm convinced you're just a troll now anyway. After that at least.

Well.

Shit.

Rabid-Echidna
Rabid-Echidna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 10:02 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 01:17 AM, EddyFromEEnE wrote:
This incident has really shaken up the SoCal community.

Hey there, another SoCal user here chiming in to say that I don't really give a shit at all and neither does anyone else.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature
Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 10:06 PM Reply

what happened to the good old days when the spree killers wasted cops' hours darting room to room to avoid snipers until they went into police custody for a soda and a soft drink

i mean really if they're going to be assholes they might as well be REAL BIG assholes

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
Molotov
Molotov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 10:21 PM Reply

errbody read this prease.

akmeteor
akmeteor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 10:38 PM Reply

At 10/13/11 10:21 PM, Molotov wrote: errbody read this prease.

I like this man.

Well.

Shit.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 10:41 PM Reply

I live very close to where this occurred... Very odd, considering this is technically the biggest massacre in Southern California ever.

My friends mom was working when he came in to the salon and shot up the place.

Fortunately, she wasn't shot and wasn't injured.

Here's the facebook posts he made about the incident.

8 Dead in SoCal Shooting

BBS Signature
Kevin
Kevin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 10:47 PM Reply

Also, fuck off Travis, you're making a bigger ass out of yourself than when Eddy makes posts about California.

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to 8 Dead in SoCal Shooting Oct. 13th, 2011 @ 10:47 PM Reply

Why do you have to say "SoCal"?

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature