00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voting Problems?

1,948 Views | 29 Replies

Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 08:15:26

I've had a couple users PM me about not being able to vote on entries that they haven't voted on in days. It is a bit unusual to get a couple people PM'ing me in a short period of time about this. Is anyone getting the message along the lines of "You have already voted on this today"?

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 08:19:48

What I've noticed is it treats the submissions I've viewed recently (top 4 fav's that I usually five-bomb daily) as if I had already voted on them that day, when I hadn't. To remedy this and cash in on the xp, I simply voted on submissions I hadn't seen before. That seemed to work.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 08:21:15

Additionally, the top 3 daily's in the bottom corner haven't updated...something must be mildly askew in the portal.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 08:27:52

Yeah i got this problem yesterday, i just voted on other flashes in my favorites list and it worked.

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 08:39:13

At 10/12/11 08:15 AM, WadeFulp wrote: I've had a couple users PM me about not being able to vote on entries that they haven't voted on in days. It is a bit unusual to get a couple people PM'ing me in a short period of time about this. Is anyone getting the message along the lines of "You have already voted on this today"?

Yeah, tried to counter the retards 0-bombing my audio yesterday morning and I got the message that I'd already voted on them.

Strange, but when I logged out and voted, it allowed me to vote normally.

P-Bot issues, with no updates on the Tuesday or Wednesday top 5s could be some kind of portent for, I don't know, a redesign or something?

I see through your disguise Wadolf, you're just pretending not to know what fucked up all the shit!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 08:46:41

At 10/12/11 08:39 AM, Coop wrote:
P-Bot issues, with no updates on the Tuesday or Wednesday top 5s could be some kind of portent for, I don't know, a redesign or something?

*gasp* ...You mean!?

Don't you play with my emotions, Coop...

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 08:47:11

Yeah that has been happening to me the past couple of days actually..

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 08:53:51

Also , the audio top 5 list didn't updated as they used to be, everyone went crazy at the audio forum.

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 08:57:27

It's happening to me as well. I didn't notice it because it doesn't happen for under judgement flash, but when I tried to vote up my flash that some retards 0 vote every day, it said that there were 15 hours left for the next day when I didn't even vote on it!

Could it be a redesign feature that's leaked?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 08:59:45

The sooner the redesign the better. All because of Coop's rumor, I'm giddy and filled with false hope...don't let us down, Fulps!

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 09:03:26

I'm still having problems voting on my submissions. I vote on them everyday, but fpr the last 2 days I haven't been able to 5 them because of the errpr 'You have already voted on this today'. Please fix it soon.

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 09:05:00

I tried voting on a flash portal submission I voted on over two days ago as a test and I couldn't vote on it, so I think something is up

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 09:51:01

I also have this problem!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 09:56:06

I just cleared the caches of all my browsers and abused the shit out of CCleaner to get this to work again... it did. I'd rather like to keep my data up though instead of having to clear it every day.

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 10:23:20

Guys, I'm pretty sure this is linked to obvious problem that P-bot hasn't posted new daily/weekly winners since the 3 days ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 10:51:26

Looks like Wade has worked some magic and part of the problem has been solved. At least the some of the bi-products of the problem.

Thanks WADE!!!! You make teh Newgrounds work!

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 10:53:27

I have indeed, as have several folks on the Clock Crew boards.

At 6/24/15 11:11 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

: CorpseGrinder is the Undertaker of the Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 11:13:34

Okay, the daemon that runs the nightly scripts was switched off on Monday whilst we were working on the storage maintenance. It's back on now and I've run the portal awards for yesterday and today manually. The voting issue will persist until midnight, after which it will right itself. You'll just have to find something else to vote on until then.

Apologies to those of you who were banned and should have been let off the hook either yesterday or earlier today.

And thanks to those of you who actually contacted us about it, which is the fastest way of getting resolved, rather than just complaining about it on the forums in the vain hope that we'll stumble across it.

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 12:10:19

At 10/12/11 09:03 AM, Hacsev wrote: I'm still having problems voting on my submissions. I vote on them everyday, but fpr the last 2 days I haven't been able to 5 them because of the errpr 'You have already voted on this today'. Please fix it soon.

Same here. I tried to refresh the page before the "cannot connect to the NG server" windows pop up, but still could not vote.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 12:54:35

It's still broken for me.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 13:03:17

At 10/12/11 12:54 PM, POTaTOS wrote: It's still broken for me.

I will quote liljim for you, maybe you just didn't see it, due to this stressful situation:

At 10/12/11 11:13 AM, liljim wrote:

"The voting issue will persist until midnight, after which it will right itself. You'll just have to find something else to vote on until then."

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 13:42:51

Yeah, I tried voting on the TF2 flash, and noticed that it shouldn't be number 1 and also I can't revote on it.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 13:44:44

So I just wanted to test that on a classic flash game, such as Epic Battle Fantasy, and see what I find on abusive stuff.

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 14:39:18

At 10/12/11 11:13 AM, liljim wrote: The voting issue will persist until midnight, after which it will right itself. You'll just have to find something else to vote on until then.

Good to know, thanks for the update.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 14:42:28

Yes, I got that message just before while trying to vote on some entries. I've since been able to vote on certain other entries though.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 15:48:31

Yes I have. I passed it off as perhaps I voted on it yesterday, but forgot, but I really am starting to notice it a lot more often now.

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 17:04:03

Yes thank go I not the only one I found it very annoying because I knew that I had not voted on those entries today.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 17:12:14

Yeah, it happened to me once like a week ago.

Pretty weird bug.

PsychoZoid/Andrew Berry: The most uninteresting man in the world

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 17:12:36

Happens to me too. Thought it was just my IP. Glad I'm not the only one.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Voting Problems? 2011-10-12 17:40:01

At 10/12/11 11:13 AM, liljim wrote: Okay, the daemon that runs the nightly scripts was switched off on Monday whilst we were working on the storage maintenance. It's back on now and I've run the portal awards for yesterday and today manually. The voting issue will persist until midnight, after which it will right itself. You'll just have to find something else to vote on until then.

Awesome, thanks liljim! i had this problem earlier, glad to know it's resolved.