00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Photoshop "Unblur" Option

2,394 Views | 14 Replies

Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-10 23:50:54

Holy shit, I didn't think this was possible.

This is amazing, wow. Unblur, it's magic.

BBS Signature

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-10 23:52:07

Seriously, now I can finally take photos with my crappy camera without having to worry anymore. I couldn't find anything about price, though.

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-10 23:54:56

So... Sharpen?

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-10 23:55:10

They should create that feature for video media, that way I can unblur the demonstration.

Anyway, I am genuinely impressed with that sort of functionality as a fairly simple feature. Sharpen hardly ever makes things look better IMO.

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-11 00:02:20

At 10/10/11 11:52 PM, EDylan wrote: Seriously, now I can finally take photos with my crappy camera without having to worry anymore. I couldn't find anything about price, though.

It doesn't necessarily fix poor quality blurry photos, It simply corrects motion blur as if your wrist shook while holding the camera. It will be integrated in a future version of photoshop.

BBS Signature

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-11 00:09:21

Picnik sharpens and clarifies for free...

In browser.

BBS Signature

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-11 00:09:22

At 10/11/11 12:07 AM, Bryan wrote: Just get a better camera.

Problem solved.

Does little when you buy your wife a fantastic camera, can't shoot for shit without wobbling her hands, and ruins every photo of the vacation. If anything, the advice should be to buy a better tripod. As you can see in the video, the pictures taken are pretty high quality already, just motion blurred from shaky hands.

BBS Signature

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-11 00:16:00

At 10/11/11 12:11 AM, BlueMieux wrote: From what I understand, this isn't the same as sharpen at all. I think sharpen adds to a picture, such that if you blur -> sharpen -> blur -> sharpen, you won't end up with the same thing you had originally. This is actually correcting for blur "at the source," if you will.

True, but most people don't want to dish out a couple hundred bucks to professionally un-blur one photo. And the differences are relatively indistinguishable unless the picture in question was taken by a schizophrenic chimpanzee.

BBS Signature

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-11 01:27:17

There's a difference between a stationary blur and a motion blur. This is only going to alleviate the latter, and only to a certain extent. My general reaction is meh. It's cool, but nothing I didn't expect to already exist as a third party plugin for photoshop. Call me when they have a tool for eliminating stationary blurs. Then I'll be impressed.

BBS Signature

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-11 04:17:28

At 10/11/11 12:09 AM, STEM wrote:
Does little when you buy your wife a fantastic camera, can't shoot for shit without wobbling her hands, and ruins every photo of the vacation. If anything, the advice should be to buy a better tripod. As you can see in the video, the pictures taken are pretty high quality already, just motion blurred from shaky hands.

Was that just a very detailed scenario you came up with out of the blue? Or are you married?

And yeah, this isn't just sharpen, this corrects blur from motion while the shutter closes. It's awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-11 11:22:06

I bet it will turn out like the content aware filling tool. When they first showed that, everyone was like "WOW!" and then it turned out to be so bad it wasn't actually usable in practice.

They show these images that have been specifically picked for use with that tool, because they come out best. 99% of images will however look like shit with it.

It's also just for motion blur when you have moved the camera, it does not 'enhance' the image in any way, it just does a motion blur in the opposite direction.

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-14 12:56:36

At 10/11/11 11:22 AM, Wolfos wrote: I bet it will turn out like the content aware filling tool. When they first showed that, everyone was like "WOW!" and then it turned out to be so bad it wasn't actually usable in practice. They show these images that have been specifically picked for use with that tool, because they come out best. 99% of images will however look like shit with it. It's also just for motion blur when you have moved the camera, it does not 'enhance' the image in any way, it just does a motion blur in the opposite direction.

To be honest content-aware fill is great if you know how to use it. It saves a lot of time and effort for graphic designers, and I've used it many times to excellent effect in organically replicating a background after cutting something out of a picture. It is much more naturalistic than I can typically simulate by cloning. When I use CS4, I often will try to make use of the content-aware fill only to be disappointed once I remember that it's a CS5 only feature.

BBS Signature

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-14 13:27:09

At 10/14/11 01:21 PM, GoodFish wrote: Crop that license plate.
Hit the keyboard a few times.

You know, this would actually be a brilliant tool for law enforcement agencies were there the need to actually do that some time. Good idea!

furry

filler

BBS Signature

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-14 13:53:51

If you can afford photoshop (assuming you're not being cheap) you can afford a better camera which has unblurring already.

By Life Stream

BBS Signature

Response to Photoshop "Unblur" Option 2011-10-14 13:55:17

At 10/14/11 01:52 PM, GoodFish wrote: Don't you have alts to make?

Uh what? I don't really get this statement at all right now. :/

furry

filler

BBS Signature