Be a Supporter!

Little Rant Everyone Should Realise

  • 3,200 Views
  • 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Japati
Japati
  • Member since: Nov. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 04:57 PM Reply

1. Atheism is NOT the same as being a Satanist. Obviously. Yet somehow people seem to get this mixed up. To be an Atheist, in short, means you don't give a fuck, about any religion, you just want to live your life and be happy.

2. Someone said to me once, "Do you believe in evolution?". Of course, I just said yes, because I couldn't be bothered to argue. However, my point is that evolution isn't something to 'believe' in. It's a fact. It's something you know. That's like saying "Do you believe it snails?", it's stupid isn't it.
And before anyone has a got at me to convince me evolution isn't a fact, no, get over your old fashioned views, evolution has been proven.

3. And finally, in relation to the image:
Since I can guarantee many of you don't understand the joke in this image I shall explain...
If Adam and Eve were the first humans... why the fuck do they have belly buttons?

FUCK YOU BIBLE. And every other religion for that matter.

Little Rant Everyone Should Realise

iateamexican
iateamexican
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: FUCK YOU BIBLE. And every other religion for that matter.

That ought to smooth things over.


BBS Signature
Rivergrey
Rivergrey
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:01 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: ...to be an Atheist, in short, means you don't give a fuck, about any religion, you just want to live your life and be happy.
FUCK YOU BIBLE. And every other religion for that matter.

You certainly do give a fuck about religion, if not a positive fuck.

By your definition that means you are not an athiest :P


furry
filler

BBS Signature
GamesArmor
GamesArmor
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:02 PM Reply

That is not a photograph. That is art.

You're going to make an argument about one artist out of the many that decided to paint Adam and Eve with belly buttons? Either the artist was ignorant of the bible, or he simply didn't care. That doesn't prove or disprove religion. It's just a flaw the artist made.

explodingbunnies
explodingbunnies
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:04 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote:
FUCK YOU BIBLE. And every other religion for that matter.

Yeah! Blame all religions for an ignorant christian/catholic asking if you believe in Evolution!

That'll show them!

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.
PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature
Japati
Japati
  • Member since: Nov. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:04 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 05:01 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Are you like 12 and found atheism for the first time and think it makes you cool?

Nah. Thought I'd be serious and troll at the same time.

As in. I'm being totally serious, just in a childish way. I've been an atheist for about 10 years now.

At 10/10/11 05:01 PM, Rivergrey wrote:
At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: ...to be an Atheist, in short, means you don't give a fuck, about any religion, you just want to live your life and be happy.
FUCK YOU BIBLE. And every other religion for that matter.
You certainly do give a fuck about religion, if not a positive fuck.

By your definition that means you are not an athiest :P

In a sense you are right. But I couldn't be bothered to actually explain what it means to be Atheist, so I put it in a way dumb fucks could understand, and since most (if not all) religious people are dumb fucks... that is why.

)
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:07 PM Reply

Oh look, a teenager trying to be rebellious by saying "FUCK YOU BIBLE".

We get it, you don't believe in God. Neither do I, and neither does half of Newgrounds. It's not an issue.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 05:04 PM, Japati wrote: As in. I'm being totally serious, just in a childish way. I've been an atheist for about 10 years now.

Good for you. I'm part Christian and Jewish. You don't see me making a thread about it though.


| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Japati
Japati
  • Member since: Nov. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 05:10 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Good for you. I'm part Christian and Jewish. You don't see me making a thread about it though.

LOL. Well you've already failed at being both religions. By being Christian you're not being Jewish, and by being Jewish you're not being Christian. Soz :/

I mean, you could call it your own religion if you really wanted to, but it's not any of those. And that way you would know for sure it's just bullshit you put together in your own head to suit you.

At 10/10/11 05:08 PM, Tramps wrote: I don't know if there's anyone in the world who mixes up atheism and satanism but if you've actually met someone that does, it's your job as a human being to remove them from the gene pool.

I get it all the time. And consider it done ;)

At 10/10/11 05:07 PM, Scarface wrote: Oh look, a teenager trying to be rebellious by saying "FUCK YOU BIBLE".

Five years older than you.

Loiarlyritpyat
Loiarlyritpyat
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:14 PM Reply

I put my faith in Christ, you put yours in five meager senses and perfectly calibrated instruments that are extensions of those five meager senses. I.e you're still sensing them through those senses. Pegged to past experience usually immediate which is why you all use words you recently read. Even if it is the Enemy saying it. I've obtained information from a dimension others can't normally perceive, it was Christ who said it too.

Japati
Japati
  • Member since: Nov. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 05:14 PM, Loiarlyritpyat wrote: I put my faith in Christ, you put yours in five meager senses and perfectly calibrated instruments that are extensions of those five meager senses. I.e you're still sensing them through those senses. Pegged to past experience usually immediate which is why you all use words you recently read. Even if it is the Enemy saying it. I've obtained information from a dimension others can't normally perceive, it was Christ who said it too.

Lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololololololololololololo lolololololol.

Literally lmao-ing here.

Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 05:13 PM, Japati wrote:
At 10/10/11 05:07 PM, Scarface wrote: Oh look, a teenager trying to be rebellious by saying "FUCK YOU BIBLE".
Five years older than you.

Maybe in age, but in maturity, you may as well be five. Mocking someone because of their religion is stupid, and it makes people take you less seriously.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Loiarlyritpyat
Loiarlyritpyat
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:19 PM Reply

Laughing at something you don't understand. As to "keep your peers in check or to conform"

What a dogmatic fool.

CorpseGrinderClock
CorpseGrinderClock
  • Member since: May. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Animator
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: 1. Atheism is NOT the same as being a Satanist.

What do you think satanism is, Church of Satan or something? Black masses and devil horns and pentagrams?

Satan is man's inclinations towards evil and selfishness. Presumption to deny God, the source of all good in the universe, could easily be logically equated with Satanism, as the scriptures from which we draw the very definition of Satan also define as Satanic behavior the denial of God, penchant for blasphemy, and the goal of driving others away from God. Or what, do you claim to have a different definition of Satan? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as an atheist wouldn't you not believe in Satan in the first place, as Satan is a concept directly from religious scripture?

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: Obviously. Yet somehow people seem to get this mixed up. To be an Atheist, in short, means you don't give a fuck, about any religion, you just want to live your life and be happy.

No, that's not what it means. There are lots of atheists who care about things, and there are lots of atheists who are plenty neurotic and unhappy. You seem to be rather bent out of shape about what religious individuals think when it pertains to atheism in general, downright agitated in fact. Did you not yourself refer to this thread as a "rant?"


At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: 2. Someone said to me once, "Do you believe in evolution?". Of course, I just said yes, because I couldn't be bothered to argue. However, my point is that evolution isn't something to 'believe' in. It's a fact. It's something you know. That's like saying "Do you believe it snails?", it's stupid isn't it.
And before anyone has a got at me to convince me evolution isn't a fact, no, get over your old fashioned views, evolution has been proven.

Contrary to what you might think, most religious people believe evolution to be real. In fact, it was medieval Muslims during the Islamic Golden Age of Science that are the first to have proposed the notion.

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: 3. And finally, in relation to the image:
Since I can guarantee many of you don't understand the joke in this image I shall explain...
If Adam and Eve were the first humans... why the fuck do they have belly buttons?

That's like saying "if humans evolved, then why does this painting show God creating them?"

It's a painting. It's an expression of the artist, and as with most successful classical artists rigorous knowledge of human anatomy is carved into their very being through constant practice.

FUCK YOU BIBLE. And every other religion for that matter.

Why are you mad at religions you know nothing about and have never even heard of? What have the Baha'is done to you, or the Zoroastrians, or the Sabaeans? Are you bent out of shape over the teachings of the Buddha too?

Honestly, why are you so angry at religion in general? These are flimsy arguments you've put forth, and I'm sure you're aware that should similar arguments be used against other philosophies that they would not be considered logically sound enough to refute them. Why the tirade?


At 12/16/11 12:04 AM, Luis wrote:
: i like all the masturbation threads i know more about myself than i ever would if it wasnt for newgrounds.

BBS Signature
Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:34 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: FUCK YOU BIBLE. And every other religion for that matter.

Honestly i'm in atheist but i'm not retarded like you, that picture wasn't painted by an artist "god" used

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:36 PM Reply

Agnosticism > Atheism

PIED3
PIED3
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 05:04 PM, Japati wrote: As in. I'm being totally serious, just in a childish way. I've been an atheist for about 10 years now.

Oh, so are you looking forward to your 11th birthday?


BBS Signature
Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 05:37 PM, PIED3 wrote:
At 10/10/11 05:04 PM, Japati wrote: As in. I'm being totally serious, just in a childish way. I've been an atheist for about 10 years now.
Oh, so are you looking forward to your 11th birthday?

That was bad.

not in a good way.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 05:37 PM, PIED3 wrote:
At 10/10/11 05:04 PM, Japati wrote: As in. I'm being totally serious, just in a childish way. I've been an atheist for about 10 years now.
Oh, so are you looking forward to your 11th birthday?

That was actually pretty funny.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:40 PM Reply

I don't get why people think Adam and Eve shouldn't have belly buttons? God made them that way.

ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:42 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 05:18 PM, Japati wrote:
I'm either trolling or just being a complete prick.

Hey guys, I got a suggestion for who should go in the Wicker-man this season.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:42 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 05:13 PM, Japati wrote: LOL. Well you've already failed at being both religions. By being Christian you're not being Jewish, and by being Jewish you're not being Christian. Soz :/

I mean, you could call it your own religion if you really wanted to, but it's not any of those. And that way you would know for sure it's just bullshit you put together in your own head to suit you.

I am Christian on both sides of my family, but on my Mother's side we can be traced back to being Jewish. So technically I am Jewish. I don't practice being kosher though, and I celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah. You appear to be one of those Atheist assholes who want to "disprove" Christianity.

Yeah I said Christianity, not all religions. Why? Because most Atheists aren't Atheists, they're more of crusaders against Christianity. Now I'm not saying that is a completely bad thing, since most of the Psycho Christians (Westboro Baptist Church) certainly need to be taken down, but for the most part Atheists (mainly from the United States) like to attack Christianity as trolling, thinking it is cool to go against, or because it is one of the if not the prominent religion in the United States and therefore like to cause a stir.

I'll admit that Christians did fire the first shot on this one, but if you're an Atheist then you should just not give a fuck about any religion or what they have to say about you or your beliefs in a powerful God. Yes I know this, because I have an Atheist friend who respects other people's beliefs as long as said person has good morals for himself and those around him.

I'm done with this thread.


| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:44 PM Reply

You sir! Yes you! Calm the fuck down. Nobody thinks aithiests are satanists. They are both bent out of shape umberella terms as well. Evolution is a theory, with many sub-theories. Calling evolution as most see it a fact is like calling any one religion fact.


BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:44 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: 1. Atheism is NOT the same as being a Satanist. Obviously. Yet somehow people seem to get this mixed up. To be an Atheist, in short, means you don't give a fuck, about any religion, you just want to live your life and be happy.

It is actually very possible to be Atheistic and still have a religion. Look at many Buddhists for example. Many dumbfucks often confuse Atheism with a complete lack of any religion, and this includes you.

2. Someone said to me once, "Do you believe in evolution?". Of course, I just said yes, because I couldn't be bothered to argue. However, my point is that evolution isn't something to 'believe' in. It's a fact. It's something you know. That's like saying "Do you believe it snails?", it's stupid isn't it.
And before anyone has a got at me to convince me evolution isn't a fact, no, get over your old fashioned views, evolution has been proven.

Many of the religious people I know do believe in evolution, just not to the point of humans being all chalked up to random chance.

3. And finally, in relation to the image:
Since I can guarantee many of you don't understand the joke in this image I shall explain...
If Adam and Eve were the first humans... why the fuck do they have belly buttons?

Want to know something funny? You're bringing up Renaissance era paintings, which romanticized many things in the Bible, such as Angels being human like.


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
CorpseGrinderClock
CorpseGrinderClock
  • Member since: May. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Animator
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:44 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 05:36 PM, BumFodder wrote: Agnosticism > Atheism

Hey now you don't know that!

get it

At 12/16/11 12:04 AM, Luis wrote:
: i like all the masturbation threads i know more about myself than i ever would if it wasnt for newgrounds.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:46 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 05:44 PM, CorpseGrinderClock wrote:
At 10/10/11 05:36 PM, BumFodder wrote: Agnosticism > Atheism
Hey now you don't know that!

get it

i smiled

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:47 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 05:46 PM, SBB wrote:
At 10/10/11 05:44 PM, CorpseGrinderClock wrote:
At 10/10/11 05:36 PM, BumFodder wrote: Agnosticism > Atheism
Hey now you don't know that!

get it
i smiled

Very slightly.

Razz
Razz
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:50 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: 1. Atheism is NOT the same as being a Satanist. Obviously. Yet somehow people seem to get this mixed up. To be an Atheist, in short, means you don't give a fuck, about any religion, you just want to live your life and be happy.

And atheism is not believing in any god, atheists seem to forget that being an atheist doesn't just mean not believing in the Christian god. Notice how your post seems to be aimed purely towards Christianity in the second, and third point?

2. However, my point is that evolution isn't something to 'believe' in.

How does this even bother you? If someone thinks the world is flat, why do you give a shit?

3. And finally, in relation to the image:
Since I can guarantee many of you don't understand the joke in this image I shall explain...
If Adam and Eve were the first humans... why the fuck do they have belly buttons?

Because it's an artist's rendition of Adam and Eve. God himself did not paint this, and since we have no idea what Adam and Eve were originally intended to look like we will never know if they did or didn't have belly buttons. You have to keep in mind they were meant to be the first humans, so their image is that of all humans to this point.

FUCK YOU BIBLE. And every other religion for that matter.

Bible is not a religion. And for 'every other religion' it seems you have no arguments against them. This is what I see in atheists, you hate Christians, not just 'every' religion.


BBS Signature
Zippy-MyMusic
Zippy-MyMusic
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 05:51 PM Reply

A good Atheist keeps a neutral attitude towards all religions without avidly following any of them.

A bad Atheist doesn't allow anyone any peace of mind by constantly trying to prove all religion wrong.

1/3 of the planet is Christian. They aren't going to convert anytime soon, either. Deal with it, move on, focus on other things.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Little Rant Everyone Should Realise Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 07:34 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 04:57 PM, Japati wrote: 1. Atheism is NOT the same as being a Satanist. Obviously. Yet somehow people seem to get this mixed up.

But no matter what pseudo-logical stuff you might say to people, they'll still see you as a godless heathen. You'll just need to deal with that just like we religious people deal with you calling us brainless zombies or whatever.


BBS Signature