00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FloofGaming just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo

3,103 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 11:20:12

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 11:52:51

Personally I think it looks awesome.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 11:59:05

Looked great. If the game is more of this and less shooting it'll turn out awesome.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 12:02:18

I laughed my ass off when he goes through the hippie's apartment haha.

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 12:04:26

I've never played a Hitman game, but that really didn't make me want to play this one.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 12:22:59

I like how people are judging the FULL game based on 15 minutes of gameplay, i'm sure it won't be like this throughout the entire game. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, looks good to me.

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 13:06:09

One button takedowns
No garrote wire
Able to see through walls
Regenerating health
"Genre: Shooter"
Chest high walls everywhere
No David Bateson
No Jesper Kyd
Linear level design
No one finds a lone policeman walking across a roof away from the scene of a crime suspicious

You can call me biased if you want, because the developers are massive jerks and treated Bateson terribly, but seriously, how does this look or sound good at all?

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 14:05:45

I think the splinter cell comment on that youtube page had more than a shred of truth. A lil' disappointing but I'm not going to judge the game prematurely. Regardless, it does look incredibly polished and fun anyway.

But I'm not sure we'll ever get another hitman 2 italian villa.

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 14:24:13

At 10/10/11 11:55 AM, Tramps wrote: I had fears but most of them are gone after seeing that. Looks like a major improvement over the others.

What you on about? You've only played Blood Money that was only recently.

I was really disappointed by that footage to begin with. It seemed to resemble a Splinter Cell game far more than it did a Hitman game. I don't think I like that view mode where all the enemies and climbable walls highlight in red. It looks like it will make things way too easy. I imagine it wont be accessible on the harder difficulties, much like the enemies didn't show on the map in previous games.

Once the video got to about 12:30 though it looked far more like the series I've loved over the years. I'll no doubt end up buying this game anyway, but I want to see more footage not just to make sure they haven't taken too much from Splinter Cell

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 14:41:47

At 10/10/11 02:26 PM, Tramps wrote: Absolution may not have the same features that made us first like the series but if it's as fun as it looks, then I have no issues.

What's the point in calling it Hitman then? The problem I have is that every series is starting to become the same. This game and Splinter Cell: Conviction look almost like the exact same thing, whereas, say, SC: Chaos Theory and Hitman: Blood Money were extremely different from one another, and both were incredible.

Soon there will be nothing to play if you don't wanna play the umpteenth FPS, cover shooter or wagglan party game.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 16:33:04

At 10/10/11 12:22 PM, Sexualchalk wrote: I like how people are judging the FULL game based on 15 minutes of gameplay, i'm sure it won't be like this throughout the entire game. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, looks good to me.

Why do you think developers release videos, you doofus/bozo/bimbo/nincompoop? To give people an impression of the game. You're implying that the actual game is going to be better than this. Well then why show off the shittiest part? Plus, it's not like the video doesn't say a lot about the fundamental gameplay (ie the shitty Arkham Asylum detective mode and the scripted, 'cinematic' nature of the whole thing).

At 10/10/11 02:59 PM, Tramps wrote:
At 10/10/11 02:41 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: What's the point in calling it Hitman then? The problem I have is that every series is starting to become the same. This game and Splinter Cell: Conviction look almost like the exact same thing, whereas, say, SC: Chaos Theory and Hitman: Blood Money were extremely different from one another, and both were incredible.
Well obviously they retain some shadows of their former selves. Making a game more accessible doesn't mean that it loses everything that made people like it in the first place. Going back to Morrowind vs. Oblivion, it's obvious to see the connection between the two (ignoring the 'Elder Scrolls' brand), despite the changes.

Comparing SC: Conviction as well. I'd never played a Splinter Cell game before Conviction and thought it was really good, had a blast playing it and re-played through to get all the challenges done and didn't get bored at all. Afterwards, I tried playing Double Agent but just couldn't get into it. I know a lot of people said that Conviction was the worst in the series but from the way I see things, it was a great game.

Soon there will be nothing to play if you don't wanna play the umpteenth FPS, cover shooter or wagglan party game.
There's plenty of developers that want to fit this easy marketing mould but there are still developers dedicated to making an original and unique game that will always blow the generic titles out of the water.

I've tried to come up with an eloquent, reasonable response to your post, but the fact of the matter is that you simply wouldn't understand how I feel about this despite anything I say. I'm not going to list exactly how and why what is shown in the video is a complete disappointment to a Hitman fan (IrishGun summed it up quite well in a previous post). I'm simply going to say that you don't know what it's like for a beloved series of games of yours being gutted, raped etc etc, all the while getting flak for not taking off nostalgia goggles or some other inane shit. Seriously, fans of old series are some of the most mistreated people in gaming. Not only do we have to watch our beloved series get ruined and see CoD kiddies flock to it, we also have to take shit for it on internet forums and even from gaming 'journalists' and game developers.

Judging from your experiences with the Splinter Cell series (liking Conviction but not DA), I'd guess that you're an action gamer. So I'm assuming that seeing a beloved series ruined has never been a problem for you (correct me if I'm wrong), since every developer and publisher is trying to cater to you nowadays. Try to put yourself into the shoes of people who want to play true stealth games, like the earlier Splinter Cell and Hitman games, or a more hardcore RPG, like Morrowind (as opposed to baby's first RPG that is Oblivion).

I'm being incoherent here. I hope you can get what I'm saying, and I'm sure you'll have some shitty 'objective' arguments to throw at me.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 17:21:20

Meh i don't know... It seems just to.. How to say it... "Actiony Game" lol.

Like linear and pick up this appropriately placed item and kill this guy. Not like it use to be you start the level in spot your targets is in X place or around Y place and then your free to take the mission how you like, guns blazing or nice and stealthy etc..

I wont judge it yet from 15 minutes of game play its obviously a story type mission so it will be pretty linear your escaping from somewhere...

The game still looks good ill be buying it, Just doesn't feel very Hitman esque at the moment.

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 17:43:23

It looks like any other 3rd person action game released this year.
I guess that's how the fans know Hitman so mouth shut i suppose

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 17:52:14

I hope you guys do realise he never had to begin the whole action thing right?

he could have snuck past them, that shit could have gone down in alot of different ways

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 17:58:55

At 10/10/11 05:52 PM, Asperchu wrote: I hope you guys do realise he never had to begin the whole action thing right?

he could have snuck past them, that shit could have gone down in alot of different ways

A lot of shit is inherently wrong in the vid, though. The stupid Arkham Asylum detective mode, the brutal takedowns, the cover system, the relative linearity of it (Human Revolution style at best; SC: Conviction style at worst, judging from the vid), the cinematic bullshit. The developers themselves are admitting that it will be a more linear and scripted game than past Hitman games. Plus, the fact that they didn't bring back David Bateson or Jesper Kyd seems to show that they want to further themselves from past games in the series.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 18:06:58

At 10/10/11 05:58 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:
At 10/10/11 05:52 PM, Asperchu wrote: I hope you guys do realise he never had to begin the whole action thing right?

A lot of shit is inherently wrong in the vid, though. The stupid Arkham Asylum detective mode, the brutal takedowns, the cover system, the relative linearity of it (Human Revolution style at best; SC: Conviction style at worst, judging from the vid), the cinematic bullshit. The developers themselves are admitting that it will be a more linear and scripted game than past Hitman games. Plus, the fact that they didn't bring back David Bateson or Jesper Kyd seems to show that they want to further themselves from past games in the series.

You don't HAVE to use the stupid dectective mode IF YOU DON'T WANT TO, the brutal takedowns are ugh I have to agree but they were kind of like that in the other games. I have to agree on it being linear but who knows, this could have been an opening level or something you have to look at more footage/play the game to find out. I like the cinematics :3 also I would seriously like david bateson back.

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 19:31:41

Hitman: Arkham Asylum - Conviction Edition

I hope this is just a tutorial level they're showing off here and the whole game isn't like this

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 19:32:19

Wait, wait, wait. Where are people seeing Arkham Asylum in this?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 20:04:48

Organic Linear gameplay, this is not a Hitman game. I just pray this is only the tutorial level, and I pray more that Theif 4 isn't like this.

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 21:04:11

The game doesn't look bad, but I can understand the frustration.

The AI looks too favorable to your situation, like someone said before, they would never send an officer alone searching for a dangerous suspect. Also, I highly doubt an officer would just ignore the fact that one of his companions suddenly disappeared.

The X-ray vision was pretty unappealing to me as well, I think it took out a lot of the 'Hitman feeling". Nevertheless, the game doesn't seem too bad. I can understand why they did some combat scenes, I guess they wanted to show various possible paths you could take, I also liked how the enemies thoughts would appear to you, so you could kind of guess what they were thinking.

I can't tell if it's similar to Arkham asylum because I've never played it.

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-10 21:12:06

The game doesn't look bad, it just doesn't look like Hitman. If you went into it with no expectations, you'd probably have a pretty good time.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-11 00:16:57

Yes the demo has a Splinter Cell feel to it but not every mission is going to be like that I'm sure. This was just Agent 47 trying to escape with his life. I'm sure we'll still have our killing missions where we can sneak or dress up to our hearts content.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-11 01:05:32

The best thing about the hitman series is how you can start any mission and choose how you want to play. You can choose to be sneaky and not let anybody know you're there, or choose to kill everybody and go on a rampage. In the video you're forced into everybody knowing you're there, which I don't like. You're also sort of forced into sneaking around, considering you have no gun.

Hopefully there's only that one mission where you're forced into playing like that. I don't think it's going to be better than Hitman blood money, as it was pretty much a perfect game, but I think it will be better than the other games in the hitman series.

It looks like a decent game, but it just doesn't seem like Hitman at all.

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-11 02:10:08

Looks good, hope this one holds my interests. I fell out of interests inthe other ones. I'd play a little bit but then just never complete game.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-11 12:05:41

At 10/11/11 01:05 AM, Jolly wrote: In the video you're forced into everybody knowing you're there, which I don't like. You're also sort of forced into sneaking around, considering you have no gun.

I don't think you're forced in either situation, I think they just wanted to demonstrate 2 possible ways you could complete the mission or such.

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-11 15:18:31

At 10/11/11 12:05 PM, MiroDK wrote:
At 10/11/11 01:05 AM, Jolly wrote: In the video you're forced into everybody knowing you're there, which I don't like. You're also sort of forced into sneaking around, considering you have no gun.
I don't think you're forced in either situation, I think they just wanted to demonstrate 2 possible ways you could complete the mission or such.

This, and I thought it was cool they gave you an option to sneak around. If its like the other games, you can choose to go gun blazing(whether it be smart, probably not).

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-11 16:45:01

At 10/11/11 04:18 PM, Tramps wrote: There should be no such thing as a violent, 'guns-blazing' approach in Hitman games. If you played the games properly, using an assault rifle to defend yourself should be the very last cause of action if you screw up. The game is meant to be about stealth and you should suffer a quick death if you're discovered and laid into with open fire.

Well, many believe that the beauty of the Hitman games is that you can go in guns blazing if you really want to, but I agree. As far as I'm concerned, if you take anything more than the standard equipment and a silenced pistol on a mission, you're doing it wrong.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-11 18:18:12

At 10/11/11 06:07 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: For Hitman 2, the only things I ever took on missions were Fibre Wire, 9mm SD, Combat Knife (or scalpel), and Anesthetic. You will never, ever need anything else.

For the most part, aesthetic is all I need, along with the fibre wire for taking out the target.

Sometimes I like to play a little more violently and I'll take the pistol with me. Rather than K.O. the non-targets I'll just silently shoot them when nobody is around if I want them out the way. Sometimes I like trying to take out every single person on the map without anyone knowing it was me. Not when I'm playing seriously, but it's a fun alternative.

All guns blazing isn't fun on Hitman games and makes them way too easy, because all the hostile NPCs will just come towards you and you can easily pick them off.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-11 18:39:40

At 10/10/11 09:04 PM, MiroDK wrote: The X-ray vision was pretty unappealing to me as well, I think it took out a lot of the 'Hitman feeling".

That was my first reaction as well. While it's not unreasonable from a gameplay standpoint (we've always been able to view the map of a level complete with all the guards locations and facing positions), it just seems out of place visually. Some things in the demo made me worry, but I'm still feeling optimistic for the game as a whole.

Response to Hitman: Absolution 15 minute demo 2011-10-12 07:59:37

At 10/12/11 03:08 AM, Tramps wrote: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. By going on the map, you can automatically see where everyone is, what direction they're facing etc. This is just a dynamic version you can use without going to the map menu. I'm not bothered by it anymore. It's exactly the same thing as before, but more visual and easier to see the directions people walk in without spamming your map on and off.

There's a choice in looking at the map and losing mobility, not being able to move and observe your surroundings. With Detective Mode, you can have it both was, as youre still able to move and look around freely.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature