swaenK
swaenK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Predictions? 2012 is... now? 2011-10-08 17:19:34 Reply

Any predictions out there?

Where do you see the internet/network going in 15 years? Will it even be here anymore? Is there going to be some cataclysmic event that brings the world to it's knees? Are we currently on a road to destruction? In 15 years things will be exactly the same way they are now? Will there be some new technology that renders satellites and wires obsolete?

What would you change about our network, improve or alter? More transparency? No more contracts? Free public transportation, housing, food, and school?

Do you think occupations like OWS will be more and more frequent demanding resolution to the pain and suffering of our people and mother earth?

This is the age of Aquarius is it not? 2012? Wtfeh?

Personally I think that luxuries are strangling us, things like cell phones and laptops. They're making us too comfortable and we are becoming more and more afraid to step out of our bubbles and as a result extremely bad things are going unpunished and noticed. Oil refinement is destroying our earth and the wars that are caused from oil ownership struggles are creating painful un-healing gashes in our civilization.

The invention of the industrial assembly line was merely a century ago. We haven't come that far yet, or have we?

hurp

BBS Signature
psycho-squirrel
psycho-squirrel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Predictions? 2012 is... now? 2011-10-08 18:16:21 Reply

I predict that there will be a lot of disappointed 2012 people when 2013 comes around.

BBS Signature
Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Predictions? 2012 is... now? 2011-10-08 19:02:09 Reply

Wasn't the world supposed to end the 21st of October according to that lame priest who predicted the Apocalypse for like the fifth time now?

New tune: Yag

TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Predictions? 2012 is... now? 2011-10-08 19:04:15 Reply

At 10/8/11 06:16 PM, psycho-squirrel wrote: I predict that there will be a lot of disappointed 2012 people when 2013 comes around.

Basically: don't quit you're day job :P

BBS Signature
ImlunchBoxx
ImlunchBoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Predictions? 2012 is... now? 2011-10-08 19:06:03 Reply

cell phones are useless

when china attacks..where were you

BBS Signature
Zippy-MyMusic
Zippy-MyMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Predictions? 2012 is... now? 2011-10-08 19:08:55 Reply

If our dumbass leaders ever piss off China, we're all fucked.

But it probably will happen. Saving up for bomb shelter as we speak.
WildWes
WildWes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Predictions? 2012 is... now? 2011-10-08 19:28:15 Reply

I predict a very close re-election (US and UK)
I predict Apple will continue to make money
I predict a further surge in the dubstep scene
I predict more asshat wearing racist's complaining on the news about immigants
I predict Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1
I predict internet faggotry about trolling Twilight sights
I predict the invention of the several sharing products for Valentine's Day
I predict a lot of stupid predictions about how the world will end any day
I predict another childhood merchandising cartoon to be hauled up on the big screen (street sharks maybe)
And finally I predict a riot

Possibly in some dirty third world place

Every day starts, my eyes open and I reload the program of misery. I open my eyes remember who I am, what I'm like, and I just go "ugh...."

BBS Signature
Armissea
Armissea
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Gamer
Response to Predictions? 2012 is... now? 2011-10-08 19:29:02 Reply

Its october is everybody forgetting that one mans theory about the world ending completely? I mean he claims its still gonna happen

Lugen
Lugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Predictions? 2012 is... now? 2011-10-08 19:29:21 Reply

Well.. if what those scientists say secretly proves to be wrong (the 13th planet and some big asteroid going to hit the earth and stuff like polar shifting). And if those fucking overly preachers (The hypocrite priests) about the revelations and keep on saying: "you'll be saved. Just pray" and proves to be wrong

Just keep on living and be carefree about it. Even it will happen... it doesn't matter. I'm going to die anyway

There are things I do and there are things I want to do. Overall, I just want to live my life and end it the way I want.

BBS Signature
Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Predictions? 2012 is... now? 2011-10-08 19:56:52 Reply

I think the world is coming to a very big halt, very soon. Things like the economy and disparity in wealth go in cycles; we built up our economy greatly in the 90s, but in the 80s it took a pretty bad fall. That will get better eventually. Maybe America will even catch up to China in terms of exports, but the thing that nobody can do anything about is the environment which we fucked over so badly. I think that global warming may indeed be caused by natural factors, but regardless of whether it's our fault or not, we most certainly can't stop it and I think slowing it down will be pretty damned tough as well. We're on the verge of an ecological collapse, and we could end up losing a shitton of improvements, both cultural and technological, if we don't find a way to preserve our history.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

JimCoolCarl
JimCoolCarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Predictions? 2012 is... now? 2011-10-08 20:47:30 Reply

After seeing what has happened to the world since the start of 2011, ive become more concerned then i ever have been about the world finally coming to a halt.

earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes and general human stupidity.
we have had it all this year and there's still more to come.

We have come far with technology. we love using our gadgets to socialize, inform, torment and receive pleasure, yet these delights come at a cost.

No longer do we need to leave our homes to have a conversation, large MMOs can immerse millions of players into a virtual world and keep them playing for quite some time, sex may be great buts it comes with risks and a big challenge, so masturbation is becoming more and more of a helpful alternative and its not that hard to do and some of us dont even need to get a job anymore, as long as we can draw in a crowd we can get money.

we are now much better at being anti-social because society is becoming more and more robotic.

But what would happen if the internet suddenly switched off?
most of the population would be at a stand still, wondering what to do.

all because we are too attached to our devices, we cant live without them.

try living a week without internet, your phone, your camera or any type of gaming console.
sure, you could save a lot of electricity and money, but at what cost?

by no means is this an impossible feat, its just something we don't want to do.

And then we have to think about the children of today.
they will grow up with tech surrounding them.
but most damning of all is the fact that they will grow up with the internet at their finger tips, able to comment, complain and not too long until they pick up the language will they be using it within context outside of the tech realm.
but what about when they start mastering the keyboard? will they find using a pen or pencil to be redundant.
how about spelling without spell-check, after becoming so used to it.

i dont know, but i assume the next generation will suffer a bit.

But i say we just to see what happens in the first week of 2012.
if shit happens, then we start being concerned, if it just goes by without a worry, we can rest easy.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Predictions? 2012 is... now? 2011-10-08 21:23:13 Reply

At 10/8/11 07:02 PM, Syztm wrote: Wasn't the world supposed to end the 21st of October according to that lame priest who predicted the Apocalypse for like the fifth time now?

Yep. Let's all do a fake gasp when he reveals that not only was it not May 21st or October 21st but December 21st.

BBS Signature