00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Twinspurr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rating system. WTF??

1,285 Views | 20 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 14:02:05

Okay guys, so I've been getting horrible ratings on newgrounds. I just uploaded a song I worked 5 hours on and got two zeros on it immediately. Does anyone else get lower ratings than they think they deserve? or does my music just suck?

Click pic for my best trance song

BBS Signature

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 14:06:09

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 14:07:09

i voted 5 on some of your stuff, hopefully that evens it out a bit, they didn't deserve zeros but you might want to get some better quality drum samples, the composition in them though is pretty good, and people zero bomb all the time, the reviews in the song mean more than the rating of the song

BBS Signature

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 14:11:21

Thanks for the replies guys. Btw Is there anything better than vengence sound samples though? or did I waste my money?

Click pic for my best trance song

BBS Signature

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 14:19:24

At 10/8/11 02:11 PM, neolinked wrote: Thanks for the replies guys. Btw Is there anything better than vengence sound samples though? or did I waste my money?

Yes, Spend more time on your music.

IMO 5 hours is not enough time to make a track.

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 16:06:41

At 10/8/11 02:19 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote:
At 10/8/11 02:11 PM, neolinked wrote: Thanks for the replies guys. Btw Is there anything better than vengence sound samples though? or did I waste my money?

My 3rd most popular song (As well as the second song I managed to get on the weekly tops) I only spent a 4-5 hours on, if that. It's not about how much time you put in so much as how you use it.

Granted, it's also only 2 min long, and people keep begging me to make it longer.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 17:00:08

Vengeance is cool.

But yeah, I have to agree with these guys... 5 hours is gay.

Here be dragons... No... Just kidding. That's a wall, I do believe.

//ROMULUS\\

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 17:35:50

You DO know that some of the Vengeance sample packs are not compatible with a CC License right?

Also, The following Vengeance sample pack CDs are considered Duplo Music, not to mention non CC compatible.

House sample pack CDs,
Total Dance sample pack CDs
Trance Sensation sample pack CDs

If you have these packs, continued usage of them may result in an Audio ban. I would recommended you use something other than Vengeance for your samples.

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 17:46:45

At 10/8/11 05:35 PM, brokendeck wrote: You DO know that some of the Vengeance sample packs are not compatible with a CC License right?

Also, The following Vengeance sample pack CDs are considered Duplo Music, not to mention non CC compatible.

House sample pack CDs,
Total Dance sample pack CDs
Trance Sensation sample pack CDs

If you have these packs, continued usage of them may result in an Audio ban. I would recommended you use something other than Vengeance for your samples.

Does it really matter??

Out of 10 thousand drum samples, one can hardly recognize a specific from the packs you named.
That's because most of kick sound the same. :/

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 17:58:58

At 10/8/11 05:46 PM, adsubzero wrote:
Out of 10 thousand drum samples, one can hardly recognize a specific from the packs you named.

SOME of the audio mods CAN actually recognize them. It's why they're audio mods.

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 18:01:00

At 10/8/11 04:06 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
My 3rd most popular song (As well as the second song I managed to get on the weekly tops) I only spent a 4-5 hours on, if that. It's not about how much time you put in so much as how you use it.

Yeah i know that everyone is different when in comes to composing/producing , but yeah not all tracks that are made in a few hours have to be bad or mediocre, It's just most of the time that's the way it happens.

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 20:53:45

Wait, so you're telling me Vengeance has released these packs to be used in any audio production, but not under CC license? What's the point in that? Are they afraid people are going to steal their samples, one CC song at a time?

bork bork bork

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 21:45:44

At 10/8/11 05:58 PM, brokendeck wrote:
At 10/8/11 05:46 PM, adsubzero wrote:
SOME of the audio mods CAN actually recognize them. It's why they're audio mods.

You're able to use the samples regardless, as long as you've purchased them. It's the same deal as a VST.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 22:12:09

I mean as long as you aren't using the pre-made melody loops and such I mean.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-08 22:57:31

At 10/8/11 10:12 PM, Envy wrote: I mean as long as you aren't using the pre-made melody loops and such I mean.

Those CD packs I mentioned are nothing BUT pre-made loops, that's why...

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-09 03:09:45

At 10/8/11 10:57 PM, brokendeck wrote:
At 10/8/11 10:12 PM, Envy wrote: I mean as long as you aren't using the pre-made melody loops and such I mean.
Those CD packs I mentioned are nothing BUT pre-made loops, that's why...

But every drum pack has pre made loops, like total dance has two folders with 128 and 140bpm loops (I'm talking about just drum loops, not melody loops).
Even others have them, like Electro Essentials. :/

So I don't see why it's not ok to use let's say, a drum kick or clap from there.
I would never use a melody because that's stupid, and most probably hundreds of people would have the same song with THAT melody.

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-09 03:17:49

At 10/9/11 03:09 AM, adsubzero wrote: ...and most probably hundreds of people would have the same song with THAT melody.

You'd be surprised how many songs have the same melody without using premade loops.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-09 05:16:02

At 10/9/11 03:17 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 10/9/11 03:09 AM, adsubzero wrote: ...and most probably hundreds of people would have the same song with THAT melody.
You'd be surprised how many songs have the same melody without using premade loops.

Well, hehe... But I'm saying EXACTLY the same, they just add a beat to it, and loop it 20 times. :P

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-09 08:27:25

At 10/8/11 02:19 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote:

Ever heard of Laidback Luke? He spends like 3 hours on a track with a minimal setup, and they usually sound great.
Guess it just varies from person to person. When I spend too long on a track, I tend to lose interest.

New tune: Yag

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-09 08:58:53

At 10/9/11 08:27 AM, Syztm wrote: Ever heard of Laidback Luke? He spends like 3 hours on a track with a minimal setup, and they usually sound great.
Guess it just varies from person to person. When I spend too long on a track, I tend to lose interest.

Depends a lot on the genre and how you write/record, for sure. I'd say 5 hours is a pretty decent effort though, especially if those are 5 hours when you're "in the zone" and at your most productive.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Rating system. WTF?? 2011-10-09 22:23:10

i know how you feel. i went through 2 years of that same shit before i actually found people who liked my stuff.