00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

liazx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Alan Becker Flash Tutorials

2,938 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Alan Becker Flash Tutorials 2011-10-05 22:02:24

Hey Everyone!

I'm starting a flash tutorial series on YouTube!!

Sooo many people have asked me how I made Animator vs. Animation and want me to teach them.
This is probably the best way.

www.youtube.com/alanbeckertutorials

I know that you guys on Newgrounds are a lot more experienced than most of the people who email me, but I'm sure there's something you could learn from my tutorials. I'm covering the basics but also adding my personal techniques.

Check it out!

Alan Becker

Alan Becker Flash Tutorials

Response to Alan Becker Flash Tutorials 2011-10-06 00:11:32

I have a whole new respect for stick peoples now. I've never thought of in-beTween animating.
Keep up the good work : )

Response to Alan Becker Flash Tutorials 2011-10-06 17:06:12

Please make a tutorial about how to get as much inspiration and determination like you have. Its not like most people dont know how to animate (lets be honest here: there are allot of good tutorials out there already and its in the end more about practising).
But actually sticking to something and finishing it until the end is a whole different thing.
But your tutorials will probably get lots of views and help lots of people so no complaints there.
Good luck with your tutorials.

Response to Alan Becker Flash Tutorials 2011-10-07 07:21:34

Most of your animations are tweened though right? You yourself could always benefit from looking at animation tutorials such as ones by Adam Philips. Eitherway, good luck with your tutorials.

Response to Alan Becker Flash Tutorials 2011-10-07 13:29:26

At 10/7/11 07:21 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: You yourself could always benefit from looking at animation tutorials such as ones by Adam Philips

That made me lol hard.
Are you seriously telling a guy that made the (previously) number 1 rated animation on Newgrounds to take a look at someone else's tutorial?

unless you are implying for him to copy the tips in those...

Response to Alan Becker Flash Tutorials 2011-10-07 14:18:57

At 10/7/11 01:29 PM, Sandremss128 wrote: That made me lol hard.
Are you seriously telling a guy that made the (previously) number 1 rated animation on Newgrounds to take a look at someone else's tutorial?

Are you implying that Adam Philips is bested by this guy? Because that would be comical.

Response to Alan Becker Flash Tutorials 2011-10-07 14:30:01

At 10/7/11 02:18 PM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 10/7/11 01:29 PM, Sandremss128 wrote: That made me lol hard.
Are you implying that Adam Philips is bested by this guy? Because that would be comical.

(No offense to noogai whatsoever by the way, your stuff is awesome and I humbly admit that...just saying)

Response to Alan Becker Flash Tutorials 2011-10-07 15:22:43

At 10/7/11 02:18 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: Are you implying that Adam Philips is bested by this guy? Because that would be comical.

No I am saying that when you reach a level that that guy is at, you dont need to look at any other tutorials at all.

Response to Alan Becker Flash Tutorials 2011-10-07 16:04:05

At 10/7/11 03:22 PM, Sandremss128 wrote:
At 10/7/11 02:18 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: Are you implying that Adam Philips is bested by this guy? Because that would be comical.
No I am saying that when you reach a level that that guy is at, you dont need to look at any other tutorials at all.

That's very bad thinking. You never reach a stage where you stop needing to learn. You should know that as a programmer. Just because tutorials are mostly associated with beginners doesn't mean they can't benefit experts as well.

I'm sure *you* could benefit from a tutorial on say, face recognition systems.

Response to Alan Becker Flash Tutorials 2011-10-07 16:11:06

Keep up the good work, this coming form someone who hasn't touched Flash for like 3 years my knowledge on the basic have been flushed out of my brain and lost in the abyss and with these i hope i might relearn some of the basics and maybe even un earth some of my dormant memories from when i took Flash in school those 3 years ago.

@ ppl above, Some ppl do not have the Artist quality to make animations of that Quality, like myself i am one who sucks at drawing bodied characters but in practice i am getting the hang of it but when it comes to animating those full bodied characters especially Frame by Frame i assume it's a lot of work and even more for those who lack experience in drawing those types of characters that is why Stick figures are so popular.

also it effects the time frame for when a project gets complete, just some thoughtfully conclusions i came up with

Response to Alan Becker Flash Tutorials 2011-10-07 17:38:44

At 10/7/11 04:04 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: You never reach a stage where you stop needing to learn.

Thats a valid point, but I'd like to rephrase it:
You never reach a stage where you cant learn something new.

what you need is different from what you can.

Response to Alan Becker Flash Tutorials 2011-10-07 17:47:14

At 10/7/11 05:38 PM, Sandremss128 wrote:
At 10/7/11 04:04 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: You never reach a stage where you stop needing to learn.
Thats a valid point, but I'd like to rephrase it:
You never reach a stage where you cant learn something new.
what you need is different from what you can.

Well said!