Be a Supporter!
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Terra Nova Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 09:55 PM Reply

I'm watching the Season Opener right now On Demand. Has anybody else seen it yet? What do you think of it? I'm pretty impressed so far. It looks like it should be a good show. It's very unique. And there's also dinosaurs.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1641349/

Autokrator
Autokrator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 09:56 PM Reply

it's spielberg so it's going to be garbage and unwatchable

I have a message for the political elites in Washington, D.C. The United States of America is not going to become the United States of Europe, not on our watch. - HERMAN CAIN

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 09:57 PM Reply

Seems an interesting concept for a series, but I'mma hold off on watching it for a bit.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Mfan
Mfan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 09:58 PM Reply

Jurassic park ( and related ideals) should of died at the second movie

Republican

Garage
Garage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 10:01 PM Reply

I liked the pilot, but I'm afraid it's going to be a lot like V, ideas I would like to see in the sci fi genre, but made unwatchable by ridiculous amounts of unrealistic drama.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 10:09 PM Reply

It would be really cool if I was eight and stupid enough to watch something just for dinosaurs

tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 10:10 PM Reply

they went 88 miles a hour!

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
PsychoZoid
PsychoZoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 10:13 PM Reply

I haven't seen it yet, but it looks like "Lost" meets "Jurassic Park" to me.

But it does look interesting, so I might catch up to it someday.

PsychoZoid/Andrew Berry: The most uninteresting man in the world

BBS Signature
DrunkenJunkieBum
DrunkenJunkieBum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 10:30 PM Reply

Basically, it's Jurassic Park. The effects are decent, especially for television, but it was horribly predictable and cheesy just in the pilot, so I'm ignoring it.

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:32 AM Reply

At 10/1/11 10:30 PM, DrunkenJunkieBum wrote: Basically, it's Jurassic Park. The effects are decent, especially for television, but it was horribly predictable and cheesy just in the pilot, so I'm ignoring it.

Honestly, it wasn't THAT predictable. What are those geometric patterns on the rocks? What is the camp leader hiding? Who are the Sixers and what do they want?

TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:48 AM Reply

At 10/1/11 10:10 PM, tox wrote: they went 88 miles a hour!

That they did....

Terra Nova

BBS Signature
GodOfVideoGames
GodOfVideoGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 05:34 AM Reply

Why did they go to the time of the Dinosaurs? Don't they know that a giant asteroid comes and wipes them all out?

Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 05:40 AM Reply

I watched it. Good to see Colonel Quaritch from Avatar is doing some work that's not typecasting him...oh wait...

-I hate the angsty teen kid
-All signs are painfully pointing in the direction that "Sixers" are the good guys, and Terra Nova is going to be painted into looking like the oppressors...I guess we'll find out.

And one thing that bothers me...their fucking bullets seem USELESS against these bloodthirsty dinosaurs. Their sonic turrets at the front gates repel them, sure, but you would think they'd start looking into more efficient means of combatting the more deadly carnivores than piddly machine guns that don't do shit.

"I'm going to look for my son, you stay with this little black girl who was somehow not eaten alive...for some reason...HERE. Take my pistol...because a lot of good that'll do ye, right? lol"

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 05:41 AM Reply

At 10/1/11 10:01 PM, Garage wrote: I liked the pilot, but I'm afraid it's going to be a lot like V, ideas I would like to see in the sci fi genre, but made unwatchable by ridiculous amounts of unrealistic drama.

I REALLY hope it doesn't turn out like that when I get around to watching it. It looks pretty bangin'.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 05:43 AM Reply

On an additional note, there were some moments of good character development though...like the relationship between the father and his tiny third child he thought had forgotten him.

But MAN I hope this show isn't going to be predictably switching the Sixers from antagonist to protagonist.

Also, can anyone confirm if those Slashers actually ate one of the kids? That black girl that lost her shit and blindly ran into the jungles just to get ambushed? It was bullshit that she wasn't killed...did anybody else that wasn't a six get eaten?

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Autokrator
Autokrator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:11 AM Reply

i actually broke down and watched this because i was bored

besides the predictable shit:
fascist esque invasion at the first (we get it spielberg, you hate nazis)
world ruined due to not being ecofriendly (we get it spielberg, you love nature and carbon credits)
multiracial couples, actually it seems all couples in this show are interracial (we get it spielberg, multiculturalism)

a few good things are actually present:
the special effects
sound (5.1 woo) and cinematography are interesting (what do you expect for 4 million an episode though)
the location, guns, vehicles, and art direction are interesting (i actually really like the architecture on terra nova, although the "present day" earth looks an awful lot like blade runner with it's flame spewing factories)
jason o mara

dialogue, story, and characters are predictably childish and boring, but it's interesting enough just to watch for the high production values

i'll probably watch the next episode and see where it goes

I have a message for the political elites in Washington, D.C. The United States of America is not going to become the United States of Europe, not on our watch. - HERMAN CAIN

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:21 AM Reply

I didn't get it yet.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
Anti-pie
Anti-pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 12:49 AM Reply

Bump.
I've been watching every episode (well only 3 so far) and so far I like it.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.
Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature
Autokrator
Autokrator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 12:52 AM Reply

3rd episode was absolutely awful

i hope more people die in the next ep

BBS Signature
Leo3oproductions
Leo3oproductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 01:28 AM Reply

No,but I have seen Norbit,and I'm pretty sure that's on demand,so why not watch that?

every day I look out the window to see if the zombie apocalypse has started.so far it hasn't.
and I'm pissed.
Look at it...Look at it god damn It!!

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 02:32 AM Reply

Is that the shitty low budget time travel dinosaur t.v show with all the plot holes and retardedness?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 02:41 AM Reply

At 10/9/11 02:32 AM, Halberd wrote: Is that the shitty low budget time travel dinosaur t.v show with all the plot holes and retardedness?

No. It's actually very high budget. Thanks for trying though.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 02:41 AM Reply

Will take a few more episodes before I decide if it is good or garbage.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Armissea
Armissea
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 02:43 AM Reply

Terranova reminds me of this stupid standardized test I recall taking in grade school

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 03:15 AM Reply

I watched that second episode and groaned through most of it.

We're going to watch a fuckload of talking-heads exposition with minimal, obvious special effects to break up the boring monotony.

"What could have caused all of these mutilating wounds and it came from the trees!? SHUT UP PTERODACTYLES, I'M TRYING TO SCORE WITH MY WIFE!"

...those idiots...why did it never occur to them to fucking kill and eat those pterodactyles? They are FRAGILE, BIRD-LIKE CREATURES, and now you just said there's a fuckload coming? AWESOME. Grab a baseball bat, shoot into the air, or use those sonic cannons or whatever, and HEY, LOOK, A FUCK-TON OF PROTEIN. Do this long enough, and maybe the pterodactyles will stop trying to fuck with Terra Nova. Lay out their bones as a warning to others.

Or hell, did they know where the Six camp was? Why not drive over there and catapult the Hormone tank into their camp, driving away laughing?

Ohhh but the writers had to incorporate some soap drama bullshit with the doctor who was the protagonist's wife's ex. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to like this our main hero.
-Illegally has third child. Solves problem by punching authority. Gets arrested.
-Family is going into a portal, billions of years into the past while he's in prison. Breaks out of jail, punches the authority and barely makes it into Terra Nova.
-Suspicious guy about to shoot the bad guy from Avatar. Punches would-be assassin and barely gains trust.
-Learns about his wife having an ex. Disproportionately gets very jealous and almost jeapordizes his marriage and the solution to a pterodactyle swarm continge-FUCK THIS GUY.

Oh well. At least he got to bang his wife after the pterodactyle problem was all over...while all of his kids are asleep in the living room, doing the dirty dance in a room with a window you can clearly see through on a door that doesn't luck surrounded by thin walls that I don't think has any real connection to the ceiling. They'll never notice a thiiiing.

Then I saw the preview for the third episode. It looked stupid as hell, so I stopped recording it.

BBS Signature
Zombified
Zombified
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 03:24 AM Reply

At 10/1/11 09:58 PM, Mfan wrote: Jurassic park ( and related ideals) should of died at the second movie

JP3 was good. Shut up.

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 05:05 AM Reply

So help me, I'm actually liking this show a little bit. It's predictable, yes. But entertaining, nonetheless.

polles
polles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Terra Nova Oct. 16th, 2011 @ 06:45 AM Reply

Looks to me like one of those movies that seem exciting because a bunch of exciting things are happening but fail to really hold my interest.

BBS Signature