Be a Supporter!

Occupy wall street media black out

  • 18,909 Views
  • 564 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
thedo12
thedo12
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 03:43 AM Reply

At 10/9/11 12:14 AM, SadisticMonkey wrote:
The vast majority of these people are utter morons, and so is anyone who supports these protests.

Actually from what I've read a fair amount of the protesters hate Obama for not keeping his promises , not that Ron Paul would be better , seeing as how he doesn't even support the separation of church and state. And most likely would just serve as a republican center piece to lower taxes even if elected.

As for supporters.protesters being morons, I think I will side with the Like's of Mike Myers and John Stewart on this one over random guy on the internet.

Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 04:14 AM Reply

Now I recall why I left politics. It's a circlejerk of idiocy injected into opinions.

People need to blame themselves? What? How is it their fault if they were laid off without warning?

How is it the people's fault if employers are discriminating and telling the unemployed to not even bother applying because they won't hire the unemployed?

I'm sorry, have any of you actually lived out in the real world where the majority of the US lives? Probably not.

DannyDaNinja
DannyDaNinja
  • Member since: Mar. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Game Developer
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 08:28 AM Reply

In the 2nd video, the lady said "This is the beginning of the People's Revolution".
Does anyone have anything else about this? Is this an official movement or something?


Trying to post in topics that have no replies. Trust me it's a horrible feeling when nobody replies to your topic :{

SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 09:07 AM Reply

i'm still having a great deal of trouble understanding what is wanted; sure greed is terrible, but how in god's name do you legislate against greed?

scratch that, simply define greed in a legally pertinent manner.

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 12:24 PM Reply

At 10/9/11 04:14 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: People need to blame themselves? What? How is it their fault if they were laid off without warning?

You kidding? Really? Are you trying to tell me, our WalMart, race for the cheapest, buy more for lewss, get something for nothing, consumer attitude had zero or even less than 1/3rd of of the cause of this mess? Really?

How is it the people's fault if employers are discriminating and telling the unemployed to not even bother applying because they won't hire the unemployed?

The people created their own mess buy shopping at Target, and Kmart, and WalMart, and so on. Ever wonder why manufacturing workers don't have jobs? Really? Are the companies driving the costs down so much as to put an entire sector of the population out of work? Give me a break.

I'm sorry, have any of you actually lived out in the real world where the majority of the US lives? Probably not.

Yes, I have. I have been part of the problem. I have bought a lot of things from other countries because they were cheaper. I made the active choice to buy things that are too cheap to have jobs min America. I am in debt. Sure, by myself this may no be much, but multiply that by 200,000,000 and you have a HUGE downward force upon our economy that is killing the middle class just as much if not moreso than pure profit drives for corporations.

Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 01:01 PM Reply

Nice strawman. Shopping at walmart has nothing to do with the fact that Winnebago outsourced jobs from Iowa, or that Volvo recently laid off several hundred workers (database programmers, engineers, etc.) from their factory in Virginia.

The 1960s protests had little direction and leadership regarding their antiwar, world peace, drug legalization efforts.

I don't see how this is much different.

People who live in the cities, don't have vehicles, and work very minimalist jobs don't have much choice but to shop at these stores that you have mentioned, and really it has nothing to do with the housing market collapse, or the fact that lobbying and PACs have gotten out of control.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 02:35 PM Reply

At 10/9/11 01:01 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Nice strawman.

How so?

The fact that factory workers have been laid off because they're too expensive? The need for cheaper workers because the demand would drop off dramatically if Americans had to pay the prices that domestic products would require?

If you seriously don't believe that average American's spending habits didn't have a large effect on the collapse, and the lack of jobs, you have a LOT to learn.

Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 09:33 PM Reply

At 10/9/11 02:35 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
The fact that factory workers have been laid off because they're too expensive? The need for cheaper workers because the demand would drop off dramatically if Americans had to pay the prices that domestic products would require?

If you seriously don't believe that average American's spending habits didn't have a large effect on the collapse, and the lack of jobs, you have a LOT to learn.

I'm sorry, how much fox news and republican drivel are you listening to? This logic is purely stupid.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 11:21 PM Reply

At 10/8/11 09:39 PM, Psil0 wrote: I think I'm going to put my final overall analysis up. Feel free to criticize and interpret as you wish.

But here are my problems with it...

1) The people protesting are not under any form of unified voice or focused ideology. And they therefore come across as people protesting just because they're upset, without fully understanding what it is they're upset about (basically it's too loose and broad).

Agreed. These people get so upset over being "screwed" by the corporations, that they have no time to look at the man in the mirror, so to speak. Maybe it's because it's the bad weed they're smoking, I don't know.

2) These people blame the rich, corporations, and banks, without placing any blame on themselves. I feel anyone protesting was more than likely affected by those groups, but fail to realize that they more than likely naively helped to create the problem too. The people use the old, "we were mislead or lied to" excuse. Placing fault purely on someone else, is just overall making excuses. Thus it makes the people protesting sound extremely immature.

I also agree with that statement. As I said before, they are so blind in their naivete, they don't look in the freaking mirror about how their life went down the shitter. I know that corporations aren't always the best example of integrity from time to time, but it's not like they went out and shot their dog or rip them off for something. People who don't stop pissing and moaning about something sucessful usually doesn't get my sympathy, especially if they have to shit on cop cars and smoke weed or possibly crack.

3) My other problem is that these people want to tear down the system and talk idealistically about what they want to put in place. They have all these broad and general ideas, but once again no focus. They lack any form of plan or explanation for what they want in place. They're trying to start some form of social revolution without an idea for as to what to fill the gap/hole with if one were created. Therefore, they'd end up leaving a vacuum of power up for grabs for anyone.

Once again, I'm in agreement. Idealogy and rhetoric can only get you so far, but when they have to put their money where their mouth is, they have nothing to show for it at all. Maybe if they stop protesting and blowing smoke up our asses, and come up with a plan for the future, then they might have some merit.

Once you begin to think about, there's absolutely no reason as to why anyone with enough reason and logic in their opinions, should ever support the people protesting. It's also probably the same reason as to why you're probably hearing very little coverage and very little reaction from the side that's being protested against.

The only reason why the media is covering this is because they need some filler between their big stories, either that or it's really just a bunch of slow days.

The people in the media and the people being protested are looking at it as, "Who the fuck are these people and why should we care?" In the end these people are just so unfocused and rebelling without any real cause or reason. With no leadership and no voice, these people will fade as quickly as they came. They might linger on for a short while afterwards, but within a years time, people sharing their views will fade from any form of spotlight.

Makes me wonder why no police force has broken out the tear gas and flashbangs to scare them off, just about everyone is done with this bullshit, no reason why it should keep going. {Which of course it will, because simple rhetoric is a tool attractive to idiots.}


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 12:29 AM Reply

At 10/9/11 11:21 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Makes me wonder why no police force has broken out the tear gas and flashbangs to scare them off, just about everyone is done with this bullshit, no reason why it should keep going. {Which of course it will, because simple rhetoric is a tool attractive to idiots.}

Idiots love to use excessive and unjustified force to stomp out opinions that are contrary to their own.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 12:45 AM Reply

Wealth inequality is a big deal. I am not saying that people shouldn't be allowed to financially better themselves, but when the lower and middle class only own somewhere around 13% of the total wealth and the strict minority upper class owns the rest there is a problem.

I ain't gonna go all Marx in here... but goddamn I couldn't live with myself if I had all that money that I could wipe my ass with and I knew people that were trying hard, REALLY hard, couldn't even afford the things they needed.

Those who generate the wealth should get their fair share.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 01:05 AM Reply

At 10/9/11 09:33 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: I'm sorry, how much fox news and republican drivel are you listening to? This logic is purely stupid.

Actually, it's not FOX News are anything like that, it's pure logic. Our discount mania, cheaper MUST be better philosophy of the past decade or two has driven down gross income for manufacturers and producers of consumer goods. There used to be a middle ground for the smart, but not too wealthy consumer. That doesn't exist anymore. No longer are we shopping at Woolworths, Sears, or JC Penny for our more regular items. We shop at Target, WalMart, and Kmart. This philosophy of shopping has bled over into big ticket items where people are overly willing to buy a gutted TV from a no-name brand because it's similar to a quality TV that would otherwise cost twice as much. It also bled into borrowing and home loans. Why get the stable 8% loan when we could get a 7% ARM. Why buy a house we could afford, when we could buy a better one on credit?

In our race to the bottom as consumers we have driven manufacturing and consumer goods creation overseas. No longer can such a company make a profit with American workers, because we Americans are too damn cheap to pay the extra money needed to ensure those who make our shampoos, TVs, and appliances are paid what we would consider livable wages.

Face it. The consumer had just as much to do with this collapse because of their reckless race to the bottom, something for nothing attitude, as Wall Street did with their reckless investing.

Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 01:20 AM Reply

Oh lord. No fact checking, and conservative anti-middle class garbage being spewed.

Here. Take a look.

http://walmartwatch.org/blog/archives/12 -an-hour-would-be-easy-lift-for-walmart/

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 01:22 AM Reply

At 10/10/11 01:20 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Oh lord. No fact checking, and conservative anti-middle class garbage being spewed.

Here. Take a look.

http://walmartwatch.org/blog/archives/12 -an-hour-would-be-easy-lift-for-walmart/

But why do that when they can just keep all the money and have fun doing such things as throwing stacks of it into the ocean?


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 01:25 AM Reply

At 10/10/11 01:22 AM, Cootie wrote:
But why do that when they can just keep all the money and have fun doing such things as throwing stacks of it into the ocean?

But ya know. It's the middle/lower class's fault.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 01:29 AM Reply

At 10/10/11 01:20 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:: http://walmartwatch.org/blog/archives/12 -an-hour-would-be-easy-lift-for-walmart/

You think that disproves me good, don't you? Well, let's play with that, now. So WalMart has a bunch of retail workers. And let's say they bump them up the $12/hr. Only $12/yr more per customer. That number is entirely misleading. That's $12/yr just to put one small group of workers to what we would consider on the very low end of "livable wages" $12/hr equates to approximately $24K/yr pre-tax, pre-med, and pre-COL. So $12 to bump up on sector from an F to a D-. How much more do they have to pay to get the manufacturing jobs from nonexistant to even just that dismal D-? What about for ALL retailers? For the transporters? For the remaining overhead? That $12 equates to a drop in the bucket of what it would take to raise our wages to a Shining D-.

Imagine how much more money it woudl take to get the manufacturing jobs back to $25/hr, or the WalMart and all other retailers to even $16/hr?

You say it only takes a little bit of money, I respond with the word "aggregation".

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 01:31 AM Reply

At 10/10/11 01:25 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 10/10/11 01:22 AM, Cootie wrote:
But why do that when they can just keep all the money and have fun doing such things as throwing stacks of it into the ocean?
But ya know. It's the middle/lower class's fault.

Well if everyone just went to college this would be solved. Herp derp.

Oh wait, you mean thousands of jobs that are necessary to our nation don't require college? Hot damn.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 01:35 AM Reply

At 10/10/11 01:31 AM, Cootie wrote:
Well if everyone just went to college this would be solved. Herp derp.

Oh wait, you mean thousands of jobs that are necessary to our nation don't require college? Hot damn.

Who knew?

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 01:42 AM Reply

At 10/10/11 01:35 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 10/10/11 01:31 AM, Cootie wrote:
Well if everyone just went to college this would be solved. Herp derp.

Oh wait, you mean thousands of jobs that are necessary to our nation don't require college? Hot damn.
Who knew?

I am trying to explain this to Jedi-Master, but this idea won't root in his brain.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 02:24 AM Reply

At 10/10/11 01:42 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 10/10/11 01:35 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 10/10/11 01:31 AM, Cootie wrote:
Well if everyone just went to college this would be solved. Herp derp.

Oh wait, you mean thousands of jobs that are necessary to our nation don't require college? Hot damn.
Who knew?
I am trying to explain this to Jedi-Master, but this idea won't root in his brain.

I see.

Welp, what can you do, right? You know, besides increasing your education and stuff, which is proven to increase your chances of acquiring a high-paying job. And yes, there ARE enough or nearly enough jobs that require college degrees for everyone. And the rest can go into job fields such as nursing or funeral directing(This job has a suprisingly high starting salary). These kinds of jobs require certificates or degrees from vocational schools.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 02:42 AM Reply

At 10/10/11 02:24 AM, Jedi-Master wrote:
I see.

Welp, what can you do, right? You know, besides increasing your education and stuff, which is proven to increase your chances of acquiring a high-paying job. And yes, there ARE enough or nearly enough jobs that require college degrees for everyone. And the rest can go into job fields such as nursing or funeral directing(This job has a suprisingly high starting salary). These kinds of jobs require certificates or degrees from vocational schools.

You can support and not fuck over the people who do menial jobs that are required to keep society running and in order. And no. There are not enough jobs or nearly enough jobs that require college degrees for everyone. There is a reason why the US has a ridiculous unemployment rate.

Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 03:31 AM Reply

At 10/10/11 02:42 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 10/10/11 02:24 AM, Jedi-Master wrote:
I see.

Welp, what can you do, right? You know, besides increasing your education and stuff, which is proven to increase your chances of acquiring a high-paying job. And yes, there ARE enough or nearly enough jobs that require college degrees for everyone. And the rest can go into job fields such as nursing or funeral directing(This job has a suprisingly high starting salary). These kinds of jobs require certificates or degrees from vocational schools.
You can support and not fuck over the people who do menial jobs that are required to keep society running and in order.

Agreed.

But I hope you're not implying that the people who perform menial jobs should get a fat wage increase. Perhaps they deserve a wage increase or increase in benefits, perhaps they don't. I don't know, I'm no economist.

And no. There are not enough jobs or nearly enough jobs that require college degrees for everyone.

That's why I said that people can also go into lucrative job fields that don't require college degrees. They do exist, you know.

There is a reason why the US has a ridiculous unemployment rate.

But what you're saying isn't the reason why, however. It's because of the housing market failure and/or Wall Street greed.

I could be wrong on that last part regarding whether you were right or not about the U.S. unemployment rate and its cause(s). I seem to be less informed then I remember. lol.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 02:31 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 01:25 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 10/10/11 01:22 AM, Cootie wrote:
But why do that when they can just keep all the money and have fun doing such things as throwing stacks of it into the ocean?
But ya know. It's the middle/lower class's fault.

Sure, blame the victim. And with that logic, you can also blame those who have to work at a crappy job just to make ends meet, and can't go to college, because college tuition can be so expensive, unless you're really smart or play a sport. I'll bet you didn't think about that now, did you?

As Cootie and Jedi-Master said, there are thousands of jobs out there that don't really require a college degree, and some of them do pay a decent amount in terms of salary, after all, someone has to clean the toliets, right? Of course, it does help to have a college degree in your back pocket, just in case, but with college grads having a lot of trouble finding steady jobs now, it's not a huge deal as it once was.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 03:04 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 02:31 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Sure, blame the victim. And with that logic, you can also blame those who have to work at a crappy job just to make ends meet, and can't go to college, because college tuition can be so expensive, unless you're really smart or play a sport. I'll bet you didn't think about that now, did you?

He was being sarcastic.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 03:04 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 10/10/11 02:31 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Sure, blame the victim. And with that logic, you can also blame those who have to work at a crappy job just to make ends meet, and can't go to college, because college tuition can be so expensive, unless you're really smart or play a sport. I'll bet you didn't think about that now, did you?
He was being sarcastic.

Indeed. Orangebomb's sarcasm detector must be broken.

Here. Orangebomb, if you want to get at someone who is blaming the victim, get at that camarohuskey looney.

Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 02:31 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 10/10/11 01:25 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 10/10/11 01:22 AM, Cootie wrote:
But why do that when they can just keep all the money and have fun doing such things as throwing stacks of it into the ocean?
But ya know. It's the middle/lower class's fault.
Sure, blame the victim.

ignoring that it was sarcasm, it was, in part everyone's fault. In the case of the victims, it wasn't intentional, but years of voter negligence and political apathy played a big part. But the biggest portion of blame goes to wall street because every thing they did was intentional.


ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature
Loiarlyritpyat
Loiarlyritpyat
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 03:35 PM Reply

It is the people's fault
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-04-
27/news/27062814_1_collateralized-debt-o bligation-cdo-timberwolf

Time to scrub that toilet to receive your 7 dollars an hour wage risk getting laid off and spend it on things that cost a lot more than they used too!

adrshepard
adrshepard
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 07:16 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 02:42 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: You can support and not fuck over the people who do menial jobs that are required to keep society running and in order.

The American poor and working class are living better lives than most of the world's population today, and are exponentially better off than probably 98% of everyone who has ever lived in human history.

So forgive me if I balk at appeals to the "plight" of lower-class Americans.

adrshepard
adrshepard
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 07:18 PM Reply

At 10/10/11 12:45 AM, Cootie wrote: Wealth inequality is a big deal.

No, it isn't, unless you can identify the mechanism behind it. A lot of the "inequality" and decline of the "middle class" has to do with outsourcing manufacturing jobs. Decades ago, someone could earn a middle class income with only a high school education, thanks to union wages and a lack of foreign competition. Now, you either need a secondary education or have to be really, really good at a trade to be middle class.

I ain't gonna go all Marx in here... but goddamn I couldn't live with myself if I had all that money that I could wipe my ass with and I knew people that were trying hard, REALLY hard, couldn't even afford the things they needed.

Sure, they're trying hard now. But they weren't trying hard when they had kids out of wedlock with no reliable income to support them, or when they went to prison for a few years on a drug charge and are on probation, or when they didn't study in school.
I know. I've worked with poor people for years. 95% of the time it's their own fault that they are working-poor. It's all due to poor decisions they made at various points in life.

Those who generate the wealth should get their fair share.

They do. The labor market takes care of that. Any other definition of "fair wages" is divorced from reality. People with little to no job skills are replaceable, and shouldn't be paid very much.

Love
Love
  • Member since: May. 26, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Oct. 10th, 2011 @ 08:02 PM Reply

This "operation" is completely useless. It's basically a giant crowd of people protesting multiple things at once. Moreover, I think it's clear that we shouldn't be biting the hand that feeds just yet. Keep your guns, keep your wits, and keep your ignorant voice down until they take away your right to food and shelter - then raise hell.

I respect the good old American speech methods, but this is a pointless display of the public ignorance (and the media's saturation of non-issues). This the one time I understand the media's lack of interest - although I still don't agree with it. All major events should be reported. 49% of Americans don't know about the protests. Shame on you, mainstream.

What are you trying to accomplish anyway? You think that just because you have enough people to shout in the streets, the economy is going to suddenly change? Go home and actually vote at a local level - then you won't end up with the idiot candidates that nobody wants to choose from.

BBS Signature