Be a Supporter!

Occupy wall street media black out

  • 18,815 Views
  • 564 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Dec. 17th, 2011 @ 01:33 PM Reply

At 12/17/11 12:26 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 12/16/11 09:25 PM, Iron-Hampster wrote: aaaand finally see pic.
Way to completely miss the point while making yourself feel really smart with these pics...

I think his picture illustrates the point perfectly.

At 12/17/11 12:31 PM, Camarohusky wrote: I know they have blocked a few banks here and there. But if that was truly their goal, they'd do that exclusively, and they would do it better.

Now you are attempting to make me believe that OWS has another goal which is complete bullshit. Look, no movement is perfect, you seem to think that because they arent they are not fit to protest against the issue they are protesting, which is VALID and IMPORTANT, but it doesn't matter because THEY were the fucking ones to rise up and THEY DID bring the topic all over the news, they succeeded in that sense. If I listen to you we would have to wait for a perfect group of protesters before revolting. Which is plain silly.

Really? Cause Evergreen Shipping, and Starbucks, and Apple, and the Port of Oakland, and Hanjin, and Union Pacific bought the government at all... Oh wait...

Evergreen Shipping is partnered with evergreen.

Starbucks and Apple are not protested by OWS, you made it your previous argument you idiot.

As for the port of oakland it did not but they targeted 2 companies that were doing buisness with the port, one of them partly owned by Goldmann Sachs. And these guys are buying politicians like it's fucking candy, and recieving bailouts and etc.

The Hanjin story is one lady on top of a crane in fucking Korea. Sure she did it to show solidarity to the movement but you cannot say the actions of one are the actions of the movement. She probably had her own reasons to do so.

They are not.
Yes they are. They merely want to eat the rich. If they had any target, they would be targetting that target, not just whatever was within wlaking distance of their shanty camp.

They are targetting the right targets, at least they are doing their best and I have shown it to you.

Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Dec. 17th, 2011 @ 03:03 PM Reply

At 12/17/11 12:26 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 12/16/11 09:25 PM, Iron-Hampster wrote: aaaand finally see pic.
Way to completely miss the point while making yourself feel really smart with these pics...

you don't know what missing the point is until you get this through your head:

what you think we are protesting

what we are really protesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_w elfare
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crony_capit alism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kleptocracy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutocracy

why should i put any more effort into exerting this when all i'm going to get in response is "LOOK AT THOSE DIRTY HIPPIES"


ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Dec. 18th, 2011 @ 12:29 AM Reply

At 12/17/11 03:03 PM, Iron-Hampster wrote: why should i put any more effort into exerting this when all i'm going to get in response is "LOOK AT THOSE DIRTY HIPPIES"

Dude, I came to the conclusion CamaroHusky is either a troll or brain damaged, he will ignore the points you make that are good, counter the bad points with red herrings. And that's when he's not confused about the fact nobody goes trough a 30 pages long legal document about internet censorship to quote him the exact parts which censor it.

Markface
Markface
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Animator
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Dec. 29th, 2011 @ 03:28 PM Reply

Majority of the Occupy kids I've come across really have no idea what they're protesting about. I'm constantly bombarded by them whenever I walk to work, each time being told another cause they're fighting for. But don't get me wrong, I know that makes up the unintelligent portion of those protesting. There's the collect few out there actually playing this smart.

My beef with this is that the protesters are now just being incredibly selfish. I mean, they have a bunch of abled minds, they go on about how banks are unfair and unjust, what makes them think camping about in cities will actually do anything? They're more often than not, hassling commuters, blocking up public areas and becoming a general annoyance to the 3 "Occupy" sites I've passed. You might not think this is the case with yourselves, but it does seem like that the rest of us.

The banks and abled bodies who you're protesting against aren't giving into the camping about doing nothing side of things, why would you just keep on doing it? It comes across that you're really in this just for yourselves. It's no longer the case that you're shouting your cause, you're just annoying the people you're apparently fighting for with it.


[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
igott
igott
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 04:48 AM Reply

Are the protests still going on?


What a shame, Mister Jensen.
I never asked for this, Mister Denton.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 03:04 PM Reply

At 12/31/11 04:48 AM, igott wrote: Are the protests still going on?

From what I've seen and read, it seems like the protests are growing smaller and fading away, because I haven't heard on any serious protests or action on their part. Maybe it's the fact that most people are getting sick of whiny protestors who don't do anything to solve the problem about the banks or corporations or whatever they're going up against now.

As for me, I simply just don't care anymore. Hopefully, this mockery of the OWS will end soon within the new year, and we can move on from this, but there is always a chance that they could pick up right back from where they stopped, and put up their tents and do what they have done so far, bitch and moan about the banks and greed, continue to harrass the average Joe and make a nuisence for themselves ad nauseam.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 03:33 PM Reply

there will be a few hardcore nuts that still do it, but most of the people who protest to be cool have already stopped, because they realize it gets them nowhere.

in time it will die out, just like any other pointless protest. rebels without a clue often find themselves pondering their actions, then they move on with their lives.

either that or the free coffee at starbucks coupons ran out and they had to go get jobs to pay for their coffee.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 11:26 PM Reply

At 12/31/11 03:33 PM, Korriken wrote: there will be a few hardcore nuts that still do it, but most of the people who protest to be cool have already stopped, because they realize it gets them nowhere.

in time it will die out, just like any other pointless protest. rebels without a clue often find themselves pondering their actions, then they move on with their lives.

either that or the free coffee at starbucks coupons ran out and they had to go get jobs to pay for their coffee.

^this, definetly. But seriously I think instead of long brought out pointless protests being dragged on over months with only a few people with plenty of time of their hands left I think they should just have done several extremely effective protests like each of the protesters had an organized day and time to protest from so not only they could possibly double their numbers but with things like traffic blocks they could gain some real media attention.


BBS Signature
camobch0
camobch0
  • Member since: Jan. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 1st, 2012 @ 12:25 AM Reply

It seems to have receded into smaller localized groups. The Occupy group in my city has just started up, and we aren't actually going to be occupying stuff. We are now going practical and starting projects to feed and clothe all hungry and cold people regardless of class or status. We're also already planning through multiple mediums how to disseminate information, including a lot of local teach-ins at different venues across town. I've also seen a bunch of other little branches popping up recently. It's less about protesting now and more about educating and preparing for future protests.


A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Member since: Dec. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Art Lover
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 1st, 2012 @ 10:36 AM Reply

At 12/31/11 03:04 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 12/31/11 04:48 AM, igott wrote: Are the protests still going on?
From what I've seen and read, it seems like the protests are growing smaller and fading away,

Oh don't worry, a weeks salary says they will pick up again in the summer, because of the warm weather. It's potentially safer to sleep outside during then. Plus it allows you to walk around nude as many of the protestors are fond of doing. Not to mention the upcoming election.

VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 4th, 2012 @ 01:22 AM Reply

Seems OWS is not entirely dead: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/01/02/hu ndreds-of-occupy-protesters-make-a-show-
at-rose-parade/

They made a human float shaped like an octopus as a form of protest.

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 4th, 2012 @ 06:47 AM Reply

At 1/4/12 01:22 AM, VenomKing666 wrote: Seems OWS is not entirely dead: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/01/02/hu ndreds-of-occupy-protesters-make-a-show-
at-rose-parade/

They made a human float shaped like an octopus as a form of protest.

Goddammit, the Rose Bowl is FOOTBALL, not HOCKEY. Get it right, OWS!


Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 4th, 2012 @ 11:09 PM Reply

At 1/4/12 06:47 AM, Ravariel wrote:
At 1/4/12 01:22 AM, VenomKing666 wrote: Seems OWS is not entirely dead: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/01/02/hu ndreds-of-occupy-protesters-make-a-show-
at-rose-parade/

They made a human float shaped like an octopus as a form of protest.
Goddammit, the Rose Bowl is FOOTBALL, not HOCKEY. Get it right, OWS!

They probably don't know the difference, so they thought that they go do what they do best, troll the fans and the people who watch the Tournament of Roses parade into their sinking ship of a cause. Maybe they should've gotten their hands on Oregon's mirror helmets, so they can realize that what they're doing is not going to work, not as long as they are populated by the politically ignorant college students and drug fueled hippies that seem to be everywhere in any OWS protest.

What's next for OWS, protesting at the Super Bowl in Indianapolis? Then again, they don't like to bitch and moan when it gets cold outside.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 5th, 2012 @ 12:46 PM Reply

At 1/4/12 11:09 PM, orangebomb wrote:
They probably don't know the difference, so they thought that they go do what they do best, troll the fans and the people who watch the Tournament of Roses parade into their sinking ship of a cause. Maybe they should've gotten their hands on Oregon's mirror helmets, so they can realize that what they're doing is not going to work, not as long as they are populated by the politically ignorant college students and drug fueled hippies that seem to be everywhere in any OWS protest.

What's next for OWS, protesting at the Super Bowl in Indianapolis? Then again, they don't like to bitch and moan when it gets cold outside.

See, I knew someone would find a way to complain about what OWS did, because even if they did something completely fine (like they just did) some idiot in this thread would find a way to shit on them. HURR OWS HOBO HIPPY SOCIALISTS DERP or whatever jumbled unfounded mess you accuse them of.

You have to acknowledge their cause is right, at the very least. Now you could disagree with their methods, that's possible, even if it's very stupid because how would you have wanted them to do it? They occupied a park at a symbolic important place, and they got noticed even if the media tried so hard to ignore them.

Also I don't expect any rational response from you.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 5th, 2012 @ 11:47 PM Reply

At 1/5/12 12:46 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
At 1/4/12 11:09 PM, orangebomb wrote:
See, I knew someone would find a way to complain about what OWS did, because even if they did something completely fine (like they just did) some idiot in this thread would find a way to shit on them. HURR OWS HOBO HIPPY SOCIALISTS DERP or whatever jumbled unfounded mess you accuse them of.

Okay, first off, it's called an opinion, it seems like you're only content, to go after Camaro, Korriken and me just because we have a different viewpoint on OWS. Second, what we've said isn't unfounded mess like you claim it is, it's our opinons based on facts, obversations and beliefs about this, just because you think it's shit, doesn't make it so. I think you're really twisting my words so you can talk about how the OWS is always good, and those who disagree are right wing jackasses.

Real mature on your part.

You have to acknowledge their cause is right, at the very least.

I never said that their cause isn't right, if fact I can understand their cause. What I'm trying to say is that they are doing this the wrong way, and not finding rational solutions to the things that they are protesting against. Don't know where you got that from, but I'll bet you don't even read my other posts fully, instead you simply white-wash certain parts of my argument and try to use it against me.

Now you could disagree with their methods, that's possible, even if it's very stupid because how would you have wanted them to do it? They occupied a park at a symbolic important place, and they got noticed even if the media tried so hard to ignore them.

What they did at the Rose Bowl was legal, I don't have a problem with that, but that doesn't mean that the way that they are doing it is going to entice the people to join their cause, hell, it's possible that they could piss off more people than they can recruit or even sympathsize with. Plus, most people and media go to Pasedena at that time to watch/cover a football game and a parade, not a protest that has no clear leadership and crytic floats.

Also I don't expect any rational response from you.

I don't know what rational means to you, but considering the fact that you're toting the OWS bandwagon, my assumpion would be that most everything and everyone in the OWS is on the level, and anyone that disagrees with your and the OWS statement is considered a conservative troll and a jackass. Something tells me that this is the pot calling the teakettle black here when it comes to a rational arguments, repeating themselves like a broken record.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 6th, 2012 @ 02:21 AM Reply

Why do you get called a liberal when you call the bail-outs anti free market?


ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature
SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 6th, 2012 @ 12:46 PM Reply

At 1/6/12 02:21 AM, Iron-Hampster wrote: Why do you get called a liberal when you call the bail-outs anti free market?

thats probably a more apt example of hypocrisy than the pics on the previous page.

suggestions on better techniques are not an accusation of hypocrisy.

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
Nyaoku
Nyaoku
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 7th, 2012 @ 09:05 PM Reply

At 10/2/11 06:35 PM, serving7 wrote: People that protest are idiots and deserve to be shot to death.

Protesting is a rebellious act against this great nation and people who do not like how this nation is run should either be kicked out or locked up for good.

The whole freedom to protest was created by those who were treasonous against their own country.

So how do you suppose we should prevent the enemies from destroying the country from within?


Something goes here.

VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 7th, 2012 @ 11:17 PM Reply

At 1/5/12 11:47 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Okay, first off, it's called an opinion,

Calling OWS protesters a bunch of hippies is factually incorrect.

it seems like you're only content, to go after Camaro, Korriken and me just because we have a different viewpoint on OWS.

Because I believe your viewpoint is biased and incorrect, and no obviously if we had similar opinions I would not "go after" you guys.

Second, what we've said isn't unfounded mess like you claim it is, it's our opinons based on facts, obversations and beliefs about this,

Beliefs yes, observations, maybe, facts no.

just because you think it's shit, doesn't make it so.

And I never claimed it was the case, your opinion is incorrect because it is, not because I think it is. Ijust also happen to think it is, but there is no correlation.

I think you're really twisting my words so you can talk about how the OWS is always good, and those who disagree are right wing jackasses.

I am not saying that either, OWS is not a perfect movement, but none is, when the population in arab countries protest for freedom we say its a good thing and the media defends them, when american citizens do it they are jobless hobos or dumb teenagers with useless degrees, which is factually wrong.

Real mature on your part.

The strawman you are attacking is immature, I am not.

I never said that their cause isn't right,

Never implied you specifically did imply such a thing, sorry it was not worded properly on my part, this was directed to the thread in general.

if fact I can understand their cause. What I'm trying to say is that they are doing this the wrong way, and not finding rational solutions to the things that they are protesting against. Don't know where you got that from,

But that's the thing, everybody says they are doing it wrong but then they offer no better solution to the problem. THis is what I mean by saying the movement is not perfect, but what they did worked, they were acknowledged by the regular medias that deployed tremendous efforts to ignore them. They brought the issue to light, now winter arrived and they went under the radar, but movements like PACs were born and they are trying what they can inside a corrupt governmental system, the same they are protesting, and yes there are some weirdos who have no idea what the fuck they are doing among them but all movements have these.

but I'll bet you don't even read my other posts fully, instead you simply white-wash certain parts of my argument and try to use it against me.

I do not and it is not my intention to.

What they did at the Rose Bowl was legal, I don't have a problem with that, but that doesn't mean that the way that they are doing it is going to entice the people to join their cause,

It doesn't mean the opposite either, plus, they were applauded at the parade.

hell, it's possible that they could piss off more people than they can recruit or even sympathsize with.

It's possible, but not probable, why would it piss people off? And it may piss off some people but also entice some other people to join them, better than doing nothing.

Plus, most people and media go to Pasedena at that time to watch/cover a football game and a parade, not a protest that has no clear leadership and crytic floats.

They go where the media is to get coverage, as for them having no clear leadership, it is one of the values of the movement, to remain a movement of the population with no leader.

I don't know what rational means to you, but considering the fact that you're toting the OWS bandwagon, my assumpion would be that most everything and everyone in the OWS is on the level, and anyone that disagrees with your and the OWS statement is considered a conservative troll and a jackass. Something tells me that this is the pot calling the teakettle black here when it comes to a rational arguments, repeating themselves like a broken record.

Well to be honest you proved me slightly wrong there, your post was better than what I tought you would provide, I just see so many people in this thread just shitting on OWS and using baseless ad hominem attacks that it makes me angry. However your post contains no strong arguments, they are very weak and frail at best.

dontpanic01
dontpanic01
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 8th, 2012 @ 12:56 PM Reply

At 1/7/12 09:05 PM, Nyaoku wrote: So how do you suppose we should prevent the enemies from destroying the country from within?

(I second this question)

what should they do instead?

(post ignored 20 more pages of the i''m right your wrong point by point)


apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 8th, 2012 @ 10:41 PM Reply

At 1/8/12 12:56 PM, dontpanic01 wrote:
At 1/7/12 09:05 PM, Nyaoku wrote: So how do you suppose we should prevent the enemies from destroying the country from within?
(I second this question)

what should they do instead?

(post ignored 20 more pages of the i''m right your wrong point by point)

first and most important thing: understanding the difference between Democracy and Republic.

Second: Understanding how a free market works and what was done to sabotage it. (hint: central banking)

Third: NOT vote for the Democrats, OR the Republicans.

Fourth: get the Tea Party to do the above as well, merge the movements, and stop giving the media ammunition by cleaning up, looking respectable, NOT supporting authoritarianism of any kind, and suddenly become too dangerous for the media to want to draw attention to, yet too big to ignore.

and Fifth, abandon Eisenhower's American dream and realize just how unsustainable it is. This was not our cultural norm, it was artificial.

the likelihood of this happening looks low, but our generation is running out of time.


ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 9th, 2012 @ 02:22 AM Reply

At 1/8/12 10:41 PM, Iron-Hampster wrote:
Third: NOT vote for the Democrats, OR the Republicans.

This part is complicated because you need to vote, if anything this is very important, corrupted politicians want you not to give a shit about politics.

Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 9th, 2012 @ 02:32 AM Reply

At 1/9/12 02:22 AM, VenomKing666 wrote:
This part is complicated because you need to vote, if anything this is very important, corrupted politicians want you not to give a shit about politics.

if it involves voting for one puppet, or the other, then its not going to make a difference anyway. you can try voting to make a difference instead of buying into the whole lesser of 2 evils thing.


ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature
Psil0
Psil0
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 9th, 2012 @ 03:29 AM Reply

I'm going to put it simply and bluntly... after weeks of observing Venomking's posts/responses, I can safely assume he's nothing more than an OWS dick-rider.

VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Member since: May. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Occupy wall street media black out Jan. 9th, 2012 @ 04:20 PM Reply

At 1/9/12 03:29 AM, Psil0 wrote: I'm going to put it simply and bluntly... after weeks of observing Venomking's posts/responses, I can safely assume he's nothing more than an OWS dick-rider.

I'm going to put it simply and bluntly... after weeks of observing Psil0's posts/responses, I can safely assume he's nothing more than an OWS shit-hater.
(See I can make ad hominem attacks too.)