New Topic Respond to this Topic
madnessman97
madnessman97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
audio portal ban help Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 06:59 PM Reply

i need help. how can i submit to the audio portal wen i get banned for submitting my own work? any ideas and advice?

Madnessman98

WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to audio portal ban help Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 07:06 PM Reply

You'll have to make a new account if you've been banned. The mods can't unban anyone from the portal.

The most common reasons for a ban are use of pre-made loops and inclusion of copyrighted material. If you haven't done either, make sure to pm a mod about it on your new account. Approval is not automated and mistakes can happen.

I'm sure a mod will show up in this thread any minute to tell you why you were banned though.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to audio portal ban help Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 07:19 PM Reply

I just gave your submission a listen, and you could have been banned for 1 of 2 reasons:

1: Spam, the song you submitted is ridiculously distorted and is clipping like mad, this is very, very bad for people speakers.

Or more likely...

2: It sounds like you made this song out of premade loops, which is against the rules of the Audio Portal.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to audio portal ban help Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 09:25 PM Reply

A nice addition to the portal approval system might be showing people the reason they were banned so that these threads stop popping up.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to audio portal ban help Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 09:34 PM Reply

At 9/25/11 09:25 PM, Knoxius wrote: A nice addition to the portal approval system might be showing people the reason they were banned so that these threads stop popping up.

Submitters are expected to read and understand the rules before they ever try upload something. That is why the submission rules are directly above the Submit button.

If they don't read the rules, and then get banned because they didn't follow them, that's their responsibility. It's enough work for us to keep the list small as it is, having to explain to every person that was banned that they didn't follow the rules would only make the wait time longer.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to audio portal ban help Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 09:46 PM Reply

really, it would not be a hard thing to implement...even a drop-down box with assorted vague descriptions could at least give a user an idea of why they can no longer submit audio.

"pre-made loops in song"
"stolen content"
"quality matching that of ikea furniture"

etc...

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to audio portal ban help Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 09:56 PM Reply

At 9/25/11 09:46 PM, Knoxius wrote: really, it would not be a hard thing to implement...even a drop-down box with assorted vague descriptions could at least give a user an idea of why they can no longer submit audio.

"pre-made loops in song"
"stolen content"
"quality matching that of ikea furniture"

etc...

Well, such a system is not in place (Who knows, maybe something similar will be in the upcoming revamp), so we would have to PM ever user that's been banned, and that would take a ridiculous amount of time.
If NG staff ever plans to implement such a thing, then awesome. But until then, there's not much point complaining about it. There will always be people who come complaining to the forums regardless of what's in place, and honestly, right now, I don't think it's that big of an issue... I think the people who think they're better than the audio advertisement thread are a much bigger problem honestly.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
madnessman97
madnessman97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to audio portal ban help Oct. 17th, 2011 @ 08:59 PM Reply

guys the music i got is made using an online generator is that a reason y?

Madnessman98

TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to audio portal ban help Oct. 17th, 2011 @ 09:05 PM Reply

At 9/25/11 09:46 PM, Knoxius wrote:
etc...

With the ever hopeful redesign, we may see updates to the audio portal, we may now. Understandably, in today's age people really don't ever read anything with a lot of text and a submit or agree button underneath. BUT, as BfP said people are expected to read the rules.

At 10/17/11 08:59 PM, madnessman97 wrote: guys the music i got is made using an online generator is that a reason y?

If the online generator had copyrighted samples, then yes that is the reason why you got banned. This is probably the case. Take a look at THIS LINK for some free studios. Also, click the link in my signature (The guide to NG audio) for tutorials as well as copyright laws, etc.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to audio portal ban help Oct. 17th, 2011 @ 09:09 PM Reply

Hmm, I was wondering, is it against the rules to edit existing ones if the author gives your permission to edit and upload it?

Member of Alpha Team in the WNG. Find out how to join here.

BBS Signature
TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to audio portal ban help Oct. 17th, 2011 @ 09:19 PM Reply

At 10/17/11 09:09 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Hmm, I was wondering, is it against the rules to edit existing ones if the author gives your permission to edit and upload it?

Edit existing ones of what?
If someone has submitted original content here on NG, then you can change or manipulate (remix) to your liking and give credit.
If it is something, say a amen break, and you sample it, this falls into a somewhat grey area. We've had problems with this in the past. Some people can sample a sound bit so much that it sounds completely different. Others may take out or add one sound (like Vanilla Ice did) and say it's different. Sampling is in a league of it's own, if that's what you're asking.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to audio portal ban help Oct. 18th, 2011 @ 02:10 AM Reply

You can upload remixes of stuff you find on NG, sure. Just as long as you credit the original author and don't make money off of it without permission. It's all about the NC-BY-SA boiiiii...

If it's a remix of a song by someone else and you had permission then that might be okay if you link back and credit the original author if it's "remixed enough". Skating on thin ice if you're a first time submitter, tbh. It would definitely not be okay if you didn't have permission and/or if the track was not originally released under the NC-BY-SA license (Creative Commons aww yeah).

p.s. i am gay

madnessman97
madnessman97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to audio portal ban help Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 09:15 PM Reply

@TMM43

listen mann i need an online music thing cause i cant be downloading crap on my computer or my mom will kill me
and can u please undo my ban on the audio portal cause now i no not to post wat i tried to

Madnessman98

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to audio portal ban help Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 09:23 PM Reply

At 11/4/11 09:15 PM, madnessman97 wrote: listen mann i need an online music thing cause i cant be downloading crap on my computer or my mom will kill me

That's your problem, not ours. I'm not trying to sound apathetic here, but we mods are here to stop illegal content being uploaded to the Audio Portal. You can upload these things to YouTube or Soundcloud - they're not so fussed about copyright law there.

and can u please undo my ban on the audio portal cause now i no not to post wat i tried to

And what? You'll post something else generated by an online program? Also, may I suggest putting a little more time and effort into posting your messages - checking your grammar and spelling, for example? There's no incentive for us to help someone who can't present a logical argument as to why we should help.

If you think you can do it right next time, then make a new account. I look forward to listening to your track and approving it... IF you follow the rules next time.

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to audio portal ban help Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 09:35 PM Reply

You can ask an admin to unban you. That's what I did but it took awhile and it might not work for you.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to audio portal ban help Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 09:47 PM Reply

At 11/4/11 09:35 PM, J-Rex wrote: You can ask an admin to unban you. That's what I did but it took awhile and it might not work for you.

An admin will not reverse a ban for someone that broke the submission rules or didn't take time to understand them before submitting, only if you were wrongfully banned.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to audio portal ban help Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 04:36 AM Reply

At 11/4/11 09:15 PM, madnessman97 wrote: listen mann i need an online music thing cause i cant be downloading crap on my computer or my mom will kill me

Save up some money and buy music software. They're expensive, but if you really want to get into making proper music from the right software and not free online music generators, then they're very much worth it.

FL Studio, for example, is very commonly used and you can try its free demo which gives you all its features except the ability to save project files. If you buy it you even get lifetime free updates, so any future versions of FL Studio will all be free, which is a great offer.

Maybe you can try and arrange with your parents to get it as a Christmas/birthday present or something? That's what I did - I just saved some money and my parents paid the rest as a Christmas or birthday present (I can't seem to remember which :P).

Just make a new account like everyone else said. Wade has only ever unbanned accounts which have been banned by mistake or which have been banned years ago, the account owner learnt from his mistakes and wants to submit audio on it.

Your account doesn't follow any of those criteria so just make a new one, and you can PM me if you want and I'll give you an instant approval (provided that your submission doesn't break the rules).

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
montehawks
montehawks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to audio portal ban help Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 08:20 PM Reply

i agree that there should be a "reason" box that a moderator fills out as to why something was banned.

it would benefit all of us. i see these threads all the time and they're always the same answer.

Like us at: Facebook | Download at: Bandcamp | Watch us at: Youtube

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to audio portal ban help Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 09:46 PM Reply

People will still bitch and moan even if we tell them why they were banned. Rules regarding pre-made loops and remixes/covers should really be made more clear on the submission page, though.

p.s. i am gay

Cross666
Cross666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to audio portal ban help Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 11:29 PM Reply

Ok what the fuck guys, I made this sick track from a game called Punk-O-Matic, and got a ban for uploading the track on the Audio Portal. Seriously?!?! Do you know long long it took for me to figure out how to record from my line-in so I could record that sick song on garageband?

I even used some garageband loops in the background to make it sound super cash!

Fuckin gay.

BBS Signature
madnessman97
madnessman97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to audio portal ban help Nov. 11th, 2011 @ 09:52 PM Reply

thnx for the info man

and every one else who didnt piss of a moderator as well as the mods themselves

Madnessman98