New Topic Respond to this Topic
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:13 PM Reply

Welcome to the new My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic discussion thread. This thread is meant for the sole purpose of talking about the show and other material related to it. We're all here just to have fun, but please read the rules before posting here otherwise you risk a ban.

Rules
1. Don't picture spam. Guys, we all love the ponies and there definitely are some funny, cool pictures of them. However, if you want to show them to people, keep it to your userpage. You must keep in mind this is a DISCUSSION thread, not an image thread. However, occasional links to comics or fan-art are acceptable, NSFW pictures are unacceptable under all circumstances. Meme/caption pictures are also not allowed.

2. Please don't post if you don't like ponies. One of the main reasons the original thread discussion thread was locked was because people were expressing their hatred of the show. The reason we have this thread is to keep the fans in one place to discuss the show, if you don't like the show you can keep it to yourself.

3. Don't respond to trolls. If you don't respond, they likely won't come back. This is a simple, yet very true philosophy: the trolls will get bored if you ignore them and do not respond to their posts. The best course of action is to calmly report it to a moderator through the PM, rather than getting into an argument. They will be dealt with effectively, this is a preemptive warning to all haters, you will get banned for expressing your hate toward the show in here.

4. Keep all pony related discussion strictly to this thread. This is the official crew, therefore all MLP related discussion is restricted exclusively to this thread. Any other threads about it will be deleted and the OP risks getting banned.

Please, before posting, read the BBS rules, and keep your nose clean.

Important links will be listed below. Sometime in the future, I will make a newspost that updates this list, so PM me if you have a link you think I could add.

Here are some important ones:

-The official Hasbro MLP website.
-Equestria Daily
-The official MLP YouTube page.
-The official Hub YouTube page.
-The Hub page for My Little Pony.
-
-The official Facebook page for MLP.
-Lauren Faust's (the show's creator) DeviantART page.
-My Little Pony Wikia.-
-A list of the Newgrounds bronies.
-A fun game which allows you to create your own, custom pony! (DON'T POST THE PICTURES OF YOUR PONIES HERE!!!!)
-ImaSmartass2's Brony Media Choices.

This thread was approved by STEM. Thanks, and have fun everypony!

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:14 PM Reply

I'm honored you included my Media Selections in the OP.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:17 PM Reply

Sign me up chief! Might as well start with my review of the show up to Season 1. I am also a judge in the upcoming Pony Art Contest.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:19 PM Reply

Wow, finally, they allowed the MLP club/crew?
About time.

What a beautiful Duwang!

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:17 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Best one yet?

I don't know. Winter Wrap-Up is still my favorite episode. These first two of Season 2 seems to be here just to introduce this new villain, Discord, who I am hoping will be a reoccurring villain. I'm just waiting for episode 3 and more.

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:26 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:24 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
I don't know. Winter Wrap-Up is still my favorite episode.

I've always been fond of Party of One myself.

These first two of Season 2 seems to be here just to introduce this new villain, Discord, who I am hoping will be a reoccurring villain. I'm just waiting for episode 3 and more.

Be strange if he was able to escape an inescapable prison twice in such a short period of time, so I doubt that.

Too bad we have to wait the extra time for episode 3, eh guys?

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:26 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:13 PM, Bryan wrote: Welcome to the new My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic discussion thread. This thread is meant for the sole purpose of talking about the show and other material related to it. We're all here just to have fun, but please read the rules before posting here otherwise you risk a ban.

Nice to see we finally got the thread moved here after much effort and a few weeks of discussion in the general forum too. At least there will be less unrelated and hateful posts now that it is no longer in general which is generally a good thing as well.

Rules
1. Don't picture spam. Guys, we all love the ponies and there definitely are some funny, cool pictures of them. However, if you want to show them to people, keep it to your userpage. You must keep in mind this is a DISCUSSION thread, not an image thread. However, occasional links to comics or fan-art are acceptable, NSFW pictures are unacceptable under all circumstances. Meme/caption pictures are also not allowed.

I see then. What about spoiler images from future episodes then? Would they be acceptable to post here at all? If so then I could see maybe one or two being posted at the most when a new episode is having parts of it leaked to the net by Hasbro and HUB.

2. Please don't post if you don't like ponies. One of the main reasons the original thread discussion thread was locked was because people were expressing their hatred of the show. The reason we have this thread is to keep the fans in one place to discuss the show, if you don't like the show you can keep it to yourself.

As much as this is going to be a big BIG factor and rule here I can imagine we will still get the occasional user from time to time posting something derogatory towards the fan base simply because they don't wish to read the thread and would rather assume what all has happened in the thread. However this shall very hopefully be far less often since the club is better looking than it was in general. New thread/club, new start for the users as well.

Also I can imagine the mods will be happy we won't be sending them a PM as often because of some off topic post by someone who does not like the show at all. That works well for everyone then. Also nice to see this thread is also approved by Wade, pretty great right there!

3. Don't respond to trolls. If you don't respond, they likely won't come back. This is a simple, yet very true philosophy: the trolls will get bored if you ignore them and do not respond to their posts. The best course of action is to calmly report it to a moderator through the PM, rather than getting into an argument. They will be dealt with effectively, this is a preemptive warning to all haters, you will get banned for expressing your hate toward the show in here.

While this is true for the most part, after the ban is over there is still the possibility they will post here again simply because they think they are humorous. Hopefully after a few bans they will get the idea that no one cares they are posting here.

4. Keep all pony related discussion strictly to this thread. This is the official crew, therefore all MLP related discussion is restricted exclusively to this thread. Any other threads about it will be deleted and the OP risks getting banned.

So fan fiction pieces can be linked here right? Have a couple I plan to release in segments in the future as well. So far they are looking good. Hope this club stays well the whole time too.

As far as arguments here, if a couple of users disagree on something then discuss it in orderly fashion instead of being kids. I haven't seen any fans do that really but just in case, try to keep mature while discussing it or take it up in the inbox instead with said user.

Please, before posting, read the BBS rules, and keep your nose clean.

Wipe your hoofs before coming in right? Going to be a good time I hope.

Important links will be listed below. Sometime in the future, I will make a newspost that updates this list, so PM me if you have a link you think I could add.

Here are some important ones:

-The official Hasbro MLP website.
-Equestria Daily
-The official MLP YouTube page.
-The official Hub YouTube page.
-The Hub page for My Little Pony.
--The official Facebook page for MLP.
-Lauren Faust's (the show's creator) DeviantART page.
-My Little Pony Wikia.-
-A list of the Newgrounds bronies.
-A fun game which allows you to create your own, custom pony! (DON'T POST THE PICTURES OF YOUR PONIES HERE!!!!)
-ImaSmartass2's Brony Media Choices.

This thread was approved by STEM. Thanks, and have fun everypony!

Yes!!

Also, did anyone enjoy episode 2 today? Kind of chuckled how Discord laughed off their power until he began turning to stone again. Come to think of it, what did they do with the statue this time? Hopefully not put it back in that garden again I hope.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #10 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
FlyingNinjaBannanas
FlyingNinjaBannanas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:27 PM Reply

Finally, now I have a way to increase my post count fast without wandering in the General Section.

Pony artist and fic writer here. Let's have a fun time here.

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:27 PM Reply

I don't know. Winter Wrap-Up is still my favorite episode. These first two of Season 2 seems to be here just to introduce this new villain, Discord, who I am hoping will be a reoccurring villain. I'm just waiting for episode 3 and more.

Winter Wrap up had the best song in the whole series, in my opinion. Discord was also the best villain. That episode was also my favorite. It was epic on so many levels! I loved how Princess Celestia returned all the letters Twilight sent to her, to remind her about the magic of Friendship. It was very well done. I'm sure we all caught the Star Wars reference at the end though right? :P

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:29 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:26 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Be strange if he was able to escape an inescapable prison twice in such a short period of time, so I doubt that.

After seeing what all Discord has done, I'm willing to believe anything is possible with him. Also Wade has made it official, he closed up shop.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:30 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:27 PM, FlyingNinjaBannanas wrote: Finally, now I have a way to increase my post count fast without wandering in the General Section.

Cool but let's remember, this is for discussion, not spamming up for your post count. :C

Pony artist and fic writer here. Let's have a fun time here.

I can do some fan fictions, might link part one of what I have for this thread so far, don't want ideas for what should be done since I have it set. Just want to see if everyone likes it anyways. Also I guess linking to some NG pony songs would be cool too.

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:33 PM Reply

I'm glad this was finally allowed. Now that this is here, I may just start actively participating in a C&C thread for once.

Was anybody else disappointed by the lack of Derpy Hooves in the 1st and 2nd episodes? I had heard that she would be appearing as more than a fun "Where's Waldo" type background character this season. Oh well. Maybe next week.

ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate

At 9/24/11 08:28 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote:
At 9/24/11 08:17 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote:
Well, the Season 2 pilots were certainly superior to the Season 1 pilots.

I think that's unfair to say, Season 2 had everything already established so the writers had much more freedom.

In actuality, I was quite put off by the Season 1 pilots. The first 15 minutes were pretty cringe-worthy and I left the series for a while before giving it a second chance.

Probably because of all the exposition being tossed about while still establishing the characters. I still think the pilot was excellent.

Season 2 pilots have the characters already well-developed so it allows for some nice experimentation. Plus the villian is actually interesting now, whether Nightmare Moon was just your typical garden-variety baddie, Discord is a lot more interesting and fun.

Plus Discord's voice is awesome.

By the way, Mods? I love you. I wuv you. Great job.

The Mods are doing an excellent job.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer

At 9/24/11 08:27 PM, Bryan wrote: I'm sure we all caught the Star Wars reference at the end though right? :P

YES! I loved seeing that at the end. Funny since a cast member from Star Trek did the voice of Discord. There might be a few more little sci-fi references in those two episodes.

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate

At 9/24/11 08:26 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
I see then. What about spoiler images from future episodes then? Would they be acceptable to post here at all? If so then I could see maybe one or two being posted at the most when a new episode is having parts of it leaked to the net by Hasbro and HUB.

Hmm... I think so. You could try it. Just only post one or two, I'd say to be safe.

As much as this is going to be a big BIG factor and rule here I can imagine we will still get the occasional user from time to time posting something derogatory towards the fan base simply because they don't wish to read the thread and would rather assume what all has happened in the thread. However this shall very hopefully be far less often since the club is better looking than it was in general. New thread/club, new start for the users as well.

Well this thread will now be pretty heavily modded, so I honestly don't think we have to worry much about that.

Also I can imagine the mods will be happy we won't be sending them a PM as often because of some off topic post by someone who does not like the show at all. That works well for everyone then. Also nice to see this thread is also approved by Wade, pretty great right there!

Indeed. Thanks for the acknowledgement, Wade! :P

So fan fiction pieces can be linked here right? Have a couple I plan to release in segments in the future as well. So far they are looking good. Hope this club stays well the whole time too.

I don't see why not. I'm pretty sure it's fine. It's just excessive spamming of images that is not allowed. However, a well done (non-meme or caption) image once in a while is fine.

Also, did anyone enjoy episode 2 today? Kind of chuckled how Discord laughed off their power until he began turning to stone again. Come to think of it, what did they do with the statue this time? Hopefully not put it back in that garden again I hope.

My thoughts on Episode 2.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:35 PM Reply

Glad to see that the herd now has a place to call their own! Sign me up too, it's about time.

As for being the best episode, it was great - that's for sure. But I kinda feel as though AJ's vision actually happened at one point. It wouldn't have been terribly hard to integrate that scene with the events to follow... and it would've made more sense to call it the hard "truth".

But this is more than a promising kick off for the rest of season 2. But for now we must wait.

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:36 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:33 PM, Bryan wrote: My thoughts on Episode 2.

Awesome, so would you want me to make a list of songs about MLP I've seen in the portal so far?

BBS Signature
Damien
Damien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:37 PM Reply

So bronies are like generation of boxxy lovers, and pony haters are this generation of boxxy haters, right?
I mean, from what I've heard, a lot of people dislike MLP and their little cult and I recognized a pattern.

Sign me up as an outsider looking in and wanting to get a glimpse in the mind of a "brony".
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:38 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:36 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 9/24/11 08:33 PM, Bryan wrote: My thoughts on Episode 2.
Awesome, so would you want me to make a list of songs about MLP I've seen in the portal so far?

Probably just to be safe, I'd keep the list to your newspost if you do indeed decide to make it. However, feel free to link to the newspost here.

Also, for further conformation on your question regarding fan fiction, Bahamut has said it's fine.

BBS Signature
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:40 PM Reply

Absolutely sign me up!!! When i was perusing the forums and saw that the thread was locked, i thought to myself, "NOOOOO!!!!" I didn't even look at the last poster. I clicked the last page, scrolled down and there it was... a link from Wade... Glowing orange like a ray of perfect sunshine in Equestria...

I am seriously enthralled that we now have a club. Thank you everyone that helped make this possible!!

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
GreatPowerfulTrixie
GreatPowerfulTrixie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:42 PM Reply

awesome, im a brony and i love MLP

Sig made by the awesome AnonymousOfCali.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:38 PM, Bryan wrote:
Also, for further conformation on your question regarding fan fiction, Bahamut has said it's fine.

Well alright then!! May just link to it here tomorrow afternoon (part 1 anyways) to see what the general opinion on it is from the fans.

At 9/24/11 08:40 PM, Finalfina wrote: Absolutely sign me up!!! When i was perusing the forums and saw that the thread was locked, i thought to myself, "NOOOOO!!!!" I didn't even look at the last poster. I clicked the last page, scrolled down and there it was... a link from Wade... Glowing orange like a ray of perfect sunshine in Equestria...

I am seriously enthralled that we now have a club. Thank you everyone that helped make this possible!!

Should mostly thank STEM and WadeFulp since they made this all possible. I was willing to make this thread but STEM said somepony else was already doing that. Nice to see it came around though.

BBS Signature
Addict
Addict
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:46 PM Reply

Hey guys, Paul here.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! They locked my thread in general. I had so many plans to post and I was gonna make that a sexy thread, but now it is too late. My mother doesn't have medical insurance and got diagnosed with lung cancer. She cannot talk and I must pump a tube of antibiotics into her throat every night. Sometimes I use the antibiotics on my dick because it's cool and soothing around my nutsack.

All the boys in school hate me and I got kicked out of Special Ed. for trying to sell meth to a teacher. They're going to send me to Rehab on November 20th, so I will not be here for 1 and a half years. I will truly miss all the Bronies here, but I must go now because I am having drug withdrawals and I gotta get in my last few hits of meth.

I will return one more time after this. So here's what my plan is. I will go and get my drugs, and once I acquire my drugs and use them I will sell all my possessions for drug money and bus fare. i will take a bus to los angeles and sell meth in the gang districts. if i survive, my goal is to make $50,000 dollars and then donate $45k of it to the official Bronies website.

My last 5k will pay for some meth and a nice gun. I will complete my legacy. It is for the Bronies.

For now, here is your only details: I am going to transform into an amazing pony after i smoke my meth, and then use my firearm to teleport to the brony universe.

FATE IS CLOSE NG BRONIES, WISH ME LUCK.

- [22:09:28] CASH MANN: fuck you dale - LIVE LOVE A$VP - #23 -

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:37 PM, Damien wrote: So bronies are like generation of boxxy lovers, and pony haters are this generation of boxxy haters, right?

I wouldn't make such a simplistic generalization, but you're essentially correct in the fact that both boxxy and MLP have a large number of followers and a large number of people who can't stand the show.

Sign me up as an outsider looking in and wanting to get a glimpse in the mind of a "brony".

You can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't violate the thread guidelines. We're a pretty stratified group, or at least the people on NG are.

Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:44 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Should mostly thank STEM and WadeFulp since they made this all possible. I was willing to make this thread but STEM said somepony else was already doing that. Nice to see it came around though.

I made a Newspost to express my thanks to them.

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:44 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
Should mostly thank STEM and WadeFulp since they made this all possible. I was willing to make this thread but STEM said somepony else was already doing that. Nice to see it came around though.

Don't forget Bahamut, and (for the most part), all of the other mods since they have been discussing it in the Mod forum whether or not to allow this thread, luckily for us the approved it!

Also, another major shoutout to ImaSmartass2 for helping with the editing process, believe me, thanks to him it looks a lot better now than it did before.

Another shoutout to The-Great-One for the awesome feedback when this thread was in its early stages.

I didn't forget about you either ScaryPicnic who was chatting with ImaSmartass2 and I on Skype before the thread was posted. Last but not least, a final large shoutout to the community who have made this thread possible. I love you all.

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:59 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:57 PM, Rhinocerider wrote: Anyway, I just noticed that the second episode of Season 2 been released today. I thought there was supposed to be some sort of delay. Anyone care to explain?

Yes. Apparently episode 3 is going to be delayed for an uncertain amount of time. However, we'll have this awesome episode to hold us over until then! A link for anyone that has not yet seen it, in glorious 720p!

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 08:59 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:57 PM, Rhinocerider wrote:

Anyway, I just noticed that the second episode of Season 2 been released today. I thought there was supposed to be some sort of delay. Anyone care to explain?

There is a delay on episode three, which won't come out for at least two weeks. I don't know why it's being delayed, perhaps there is a last second edit?

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 08:59 PM, Bryan wrote:
At 9/24/11 08:57 PM, Rhinocerider wrote:
Yes. Apparently episode 3 is going to be delayed for an uncertain amount of time. However, we'll have this awesome episode to hold us over until then! A link for anyone that has not yet seen it, in glorious 720p!

Oh God! MUCH better. I watched it in only 420p. =( It was terrible. Does anybody know the reason for the delay?

FlyingNinjaBannanas
FlyingNinjaBannanas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 24th, 2011 @ 09:05 PM Reply

At 9/24/11 09:02 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Oh God! MUCH better. I watched it in only 420p. =( It was terrible. Does anybody know the reason for the delay?

Ep. 3 will be out in two weeks. Along with a new theme.

BBS Signature