Be a Supporter!

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

  • 417,947 Views
  • 7,290 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 07:16:54 Reply

At 22 minutes ago, Ryan wrote:
At 4 hours ago, Ryan wrote: I can't draw for shit.
But I do like to crop ponies.

Indeed. Your current sig is very fuzzy and i would love to give it a hug.


Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 07:17:35 Reply

At 7 hours ago, Eddmario wrote:
At 5 hours ago, wildfire4461 wrote: If art is the topic now: I'm finally contributing stuff to NG. And it's all pony (so far).
Those are really good. You should submit them to Equestria Daily.
And speaking of art...

I submitted the Duel truck one, but it didn't make the cut (not sure what their selection method is).


That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
yos2
yos2
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 09:08:20 Reply

is it just me or pony submissions intetinally get bad scores? i have seen decent flash submissions getting 1-2 and art submissions get treated even worse.
do people really hate us this badly that they just vote 0 every time they see something ascosiated with ponies?

also... something awful posted an insulting article about us on their homepage... just go to something awful and see for yourselves... funny thing is, it's made by a 14 year old. year it's already of the front page...

uuuugh thisso unfair...

Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 10:38:39 Reply

At 1 hour ago, yos2 wrote: is it just me or pony submissions intetinally get bad scores? i have seen decent flash submissions getting 1-2 and art submissions get treated even worse.
do people really hate us this badly that they just vote 0 every time they see something ascosiated with ponies?

also... something awful posted an insulting article about us on their homepage... just go to something awful and see for yourselves... funny thing is, it's made by a 14 year old. year it's already of the front page...

uuuugh thisso unfair...

Well we don't need them.

Reasons why people don't like us:
Honestly they base their opinion either out of ignorance thinking we're all sick cloppers and horsefuckers, or in case of males try to convince themselves and their surroundings of how ultimately they fit the male stereotype. I can't decode the female haters completely, but in all seriousness the only one I've met so far is okay with other girls watching it but doesn't like males who watch it. But she's the kind who only likes bad boys anyway, so I'll dismiss that.

Counterarguments I use:
They want to distance themselves from something not considered manly.
What can be manlier than summoning the balls needed to tell someone you like colorful cartoon ponies, really. Also in their opinion on one hand apparently we're all gay, but on the other we all fap to the mane6 which are all female. Logic.
In an age where the entertainment value of everything is centered around how much blood and dark themes it contains, is it at all weird to start seeking light hearted relaxing entertainment?

Whew, that got me going. But there are my strongest arguments toward people who disapprove of bronies.


░▒▓ C R Y I N G C R A Y F I S H ▓▒░

yos2
yos2
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 12:48:04 Reply

At 2 hours ago, Nevermind wrote:
At 1 hour ago, yos2 wrote: is it just me or pony submissions intetinally get bad scores? i have seen decent flash submissions getting 1-2 and art submissions get treated even worse.
do people really hate us this badly that they just vote 0 every time they see something ascosiated with ponies?

also... something awful posted an insulting article about us on their homepage... just go to something awful and see for yourselves... funny thing is, it's made by a 14 year old. year it's already of the front page...

uuuugh thisso unfair...
Well we don't need them.

Reasons why people don't like us:
Honestly they base their opinion either out of ignorance thinking we're all sick cloppers and horsefuckers, or in case of males try to convince themselves and their surroundings of how ultimately they fit the male stereotype. I can't decode the female haters completely, but in all seriousness the only one I've met so far is okay with other girls watching it but doesn't like males who watch it. But she's the kind who only likes bad boys anyway, so I'll dismiss that.



Whew, that got me going. But there are my strongest arguments toward people who disapprove of bronies.

it's i know they have no valid reson to hate us.
but that's not the problem. the problem is that we are hated massivly that it hurts submissions...

sorry for being a rarity again but seeing that shitty article on something awful got me worried

Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 13:01:19 Reply

sorry for being a rarity again but seeing that shitty article on something awful got me worried

Well I reckon that site lives up to it's name. I don't think you should worry, people will find out we're not so bad. Plus it ain't nothing but the internet, It's not like they're going to hunt us down and put us in concentration camps or anything.


░▒▓ C R Y I N G C R A Y F I S H ▓▒░

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 13:47:42 Reply

At 13 hours ago, Xyresic wrote: On the subject of art, if I don't have access to a functional scanner whats a good way to get my drawings into the computer? I'm afraid of taking photographs because they often destroy the quality of image... unless you guys have any tips to make it look good?

Sadly a scanner is the only real way to get good quality images on your PC, photographing unless you have an exceptionally good camera won't cut it. Can get a reasonable scanner for about £20 though I got one for about that much that works fine. Though it does make the size ridiculously huge like 5-10k length images, so I just need to open them up in another program and print screen it and save it that way to keep its size good.
Another thing you can try, if you have a nice tablet would be to trace the drawing with the tablet's pen, though I don't think all tablets work well with that so I wouldn't risk it unless it says it can do it.

Sadly when it comes to such things as wanting to make art, you do need to put in a bit of a commitment charge to make it so. Though it isn't to great, scanners being under £30 and wacom bamboo being around £80 I think.

At 19 hours ago, wildfire4461 wrote: If art it is the topic now: I'm finally contributing stuff to NG. And it's all pony (so far).

Some nice stuff you got there, the Flutterrage one was funny and the Celestia one was sad. You have a deviantART account? You get far better reception to art on there than other places so if not made one yet could be a good idea.

At 2 hours ago, Nevermind wrote: What can be manlier than summoning the balls needed to tell someone you like colorful cartoon ponies, really.

It seems to shock people that I openly admit my liking of MLP and the fact I make fanfiction and fanart etc. I don't really see any problem with it people like the stuff so I'm happy to do it. It seems many people just fear admitting what they like.

Also in their opinion on one hand apparently we're all gay, but on the other we all fap to the mane6 which are all female. Logic.

Very very true. "MLP is gay" The same person in the same rant then says "You just like fapping to ponies." Of course!

In an age where the entertainment value of everything is centered around how much blood and dark themes it contains, is it at all weird to start seeking light hearted relaxing entertainment?

Agreed, it's nice to have something so nice and sweet to cheer up the mood. Of course there is also some fanmade content that is darker as people still like such things and find it interesting, but the same people who make and view such things are still fans of the show, and like both the cuteness and also some darker stuff at times if they find it interesting to do so.

Also on the note of the art, I have decided to finally go ahead and get myself a wacom, wanted to for ages, money is a bit of an issue though after spending my spare money on going to the NG meetup last month (maybe not best idea in hindsight) But hopefully can get it soon, then I can start actually working well on drawing. I sort of have a problem with paper it kind of goes through me a little working on it, and the lack of being able to erase easily makes it annoying when I make to many mistakes.


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 14:02:47 Reply

but the same people who make and view such things are still fans of the show, and like both the cuteness and also some darker stuff at times if they find it interesting to do so.

Very much agreed, I might be contradicting myself by saying this, but I'm a sucker for incredibly sad fanfiction, like "Final Dreams of a Filly" nothing like a good tear jerker from time to time. I dare you guys to read that one by the way.


░▒▓ C R Y I N G C R A Y F I S H ▓▒░

Sectus
Sectus
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 26
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 14:38:10 Reply

I don't know if it is normal among most of you, but I myself rather enjoy a well written grimdark fanfiction. I pretty much enjoy any fanfiction so long as it is well written, detailed, and has a decent story to it. I do not, for instance, enjoy Sweet Apple Massacre, mainly due to the fact that it is largely centered around the gore itself, and doesn't seem to develop anything further than gore.

Cupcakes and it's unofficial sequels were all enjoyable for me because they had an element of human nature put into them, such as the desire to survive, and the desire to protect loved ones, etc. I personally hope some of you enjoy the grimdarks as well, because once you get past the horror element of the stories, you begin to love them for their pure artistic beauty. Being an author myself, this is something I can really appreciate in written pieces.

Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 15:07:24 Reply

At 27 minutes ago, Sectus wrote: I don't know if it is normal among most of you, but I myself rather enjoy a well written grimdark fanfiction. I pretty much enjoy any fanfiction so long as it is well written, detailed, and has a decent story to it. I do not, for instance, enjoy Sweet Apple Massacre, mainly due to the fact that it is largely centered around the gore itself, and doesn't seem to develop anything further than gore.

Never really tried to get into those, maybe one day I will. Until then, I shall continue my quest for bawwfiction.


░▒▓ C R Y I N G C R A Y F I S H ▓▒░

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 15:28:26 Reply

Well, here's my audition for Spike the dragon for the Past Sins audio transcript I posted a page or 2 back.

Please, tell me what you think

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 15:47:43 Reply

At 18 minutes ago, Eddmario wrote: Well, here's my audition for Spike the dragon for the Past Sins audio transcript I posted a page or 2 back.
Please, tell me what you think

Update: Got the part already. Now I just gotta do the lines separately as MP3 files and adjust the sensitivity of my headset's mic and I'll be good to go.


Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 15:56:38 Reply

Update: Got the part already. Now I just gotta do the lines separately as MP3 files and adjust the sensitivity of my headset's mic and I'll be good to go.

Nice job dude!


░▒▓ C R Y I N G C R A Y F I S H ▓▒░

Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 17:07:33 Reply

Meh, I tried. This depicts Derpy's mother roughly as described in the fan fiction called "Bubbles", granted I did take liberties by toning down the hair color. I don't know why really but I didn't feel it was quite fit for the Art Portal.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6a760cd8c029e362e33b43e1 32c2ff17

Opinions?


░▒▓ C R Y I N G C R A Y F I S H ▓▒░

Sectus
Sectus
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 26
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 18:25:47 Reply

With the new episode being so near, and the fact that it is a Fluttershy episode, I feel it necessary to direct the conversation more toward the subject of it, and Fluttershy in general.

Any speculations as to what the episode might contain, or if you will like it?

wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 19:00:12 Reply

SA is almost as big of a toilet as 4Chan. They've always been biased against MLP fans. The one MLP forum i'm on was started by people who either got banned from there for posting pony stuff or just left because of the bias (it's probably the only pony forum and associated art site that has a strict ban on furry, shipping, and clop stuff).


That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
Alanzo
Alanzo
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 19:48:18 Reply

Hey /b/ronies, I would like to hear your argument about /B/rony-Furries and the Ponysona. So how's being merged with the furry fandom going?

TNT
TNT
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 20:04:15 Reply

At 15 minutes ago, clankster4 wrote: Hey /b/ronies, I would like to hear your argument about /B/rony-Furries and the Ponysona. So how's being merged with the furry fandom going?

Two words: Love and Tolerate


Latest song cover: Rock Is Dead.
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Member since: May. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 20:06:34 Reply

At 1 minute ago, TNT wrote: Two words: Love and Tolerate

That sucks.

We need a new catchphrase.

"Glove rape."
Perfect.

The official brony catchphrase is now "Glove rape."

EMBRACE IIIIIIT!

BBS Signature
TNT
TNT
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 20:08:54 Reply

At 1 minute ago, Manly-Chicken wrote:
At 1 minute ago, TNT wrote: Two words: Love and Tolerate
That sucks.

We need a new catchphrase.

"Glove rape."
Perfect.

The official brony catchphrase is now "Glove rape."
EMBRACE IIIIIIT!

No... that's not perfect at all! I refuse!

but I love and tolerate you anyways. :3

Latest song cover: Rock Is Dead.
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

BBS Signature
Alanzo
Alanzo
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 20:09:53 Reply

At 3 minutes ago, TNT wrote: Two words: Love and Tolerate

Ohhh, these three words you bronies love saying. Is that your way to getting out of an argument? Also, I've noticed you're a Brony-Furry too. Is it because both the Brony and Furry Fandoms are hugboxes?

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 20:23:11 Reply

At 10 minutes ago, clankster4 wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, TNT wrote: Two words: Love and Tolerate
Ohhh, these three words you bronies love saying. Is that your way to getting out of an argument? Also, I've noticed you're a Brony-Furry too. Is it because both the Brony and Furry Fandoms are hugboxes?

Obvious parasprite is obvious.

Also, picture that sums up the whole "Derpy Hooves" thing that's going on right now.

The Official Mlp:fim Crew


Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Alanzo
Alanzo
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 20:25:27 Reply

At 45 seconds ago, Eddmario wrote: Obvious parasprite is obvious.

Nah, I'm trying to find answers on why there are so many Pony personas and Brony-furries. You can troll call all you want, but I don't really care.

Hiding the truth brony is hiding the truth.
TNT
TNT
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 20:25:27 Reply

At 14 minutes ago, clankster4 wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, TNT wrote: Two words: Love and Tolerate
Ohhh, these three words you bronies love saying. Is that your way to getting out of an argument? Also, I've noticed you're a Brony-Furry too. Is it because both the Brony and Furry Fandoms are hugboxes?

It's just a little joke. And no I am not a furry, but I do like foxes. They are the coolest animal on this planet in my humble opinion. That's why I have it as my icon.


Latest song cover: Rock Is Dead.
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

BBS Signature
Alanzo
Alanzo
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 20:35:55 Reply

Since there are no Furry Bronies on this thread, what is up with the Pony personas then? It reminds me of sonic fan characters that were made in a flash. Which is strange, because a brony character maker was also made in flash.

Also, I've noticed a large amount of bronies do masturbate to the characters. I'm not saying all of you do it. Well, I don't want to know about your fantasies, but what do you find attractive to these cartoon ponies?

Sectus
Sectus
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 26
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 21:37:09 Reply

At 58 minutes ago, clankster4 wrote: Since there are no Furry Bronies on this thread, what is up with the Pony personas then? It reminds me of sonic fan characters that were made in a flash. Which is strange, because a brony character maker was also made in flash.

Well, I wouldn't say that this is much of a persona, I just enjoy the character the most, and I use the faces as an image of sarcastic intelligence. I suppose that is the same reason most other people use them around here.

Also, I've noticed a large amount of bronies do masturbate to the characters. I'm not saying all of you do it. Well, I don't want to know about your fantasies, but what do you find attractive to these cartoon ponies?

I wouldn't say I find the ponies themselves attractive, I just enjoy each of their personalities, and the subtle tendencies that they have, such as Fluttershy's timid behaviors and shyness. That is a feature that is not in many people these days, so I really enjoy seeing it.

Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 22:38:41 Reply

At 2 hours ago, clankster4 wrote: Since there are no Furry Bronies on this thread, what is up with the Pony personas then? It reminds me of sonic fan characters that were made in a flash. Which is strange, because a brony character maker was also made in flash.

Clarify "Pony Personas" please.

Also, I've noticed a large amount of bronies do masturbate to the characters. I'm not saying all of you do it. Well, I don't want to know about your fantasies, but what do you find attractive to these cartoon ponies?

I have never clopped to ponies. Nor will i ever do so. I don't find the ponies sexually attractive in any way possible. Their character styles are what draws me in.


Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
Alanzo
Alanzo
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-28 22:53:55 Reply

At 9 minutes ago, Finalfina wrote: Clarify "Pony Personas" please.

Pretty much, you make a pony character and you like to role play as him/her.

Thanks for you two for answering without calling me out for being a 'parasprite'.
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-29 00:38:10 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Finalfina wrote: I have never clopped to ponies. Nor will i ever do so. I don't find the ponies sexually attractive in any way possible. Their character styles are what draws me in.

This applies to me as well. Ponies don't arouse me in any way.

Apart from the excitement of watching a new episode :3

bork bork bork

Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-29 01:15:42 Reply

Also, I've noticed a large amount of bronies do masturbate to the characters. I'm not saying all of you do it. Well, I don't want to know about your fantasies, but what do you find attractive to these cartoon ponies?

As a non clopper I wouldn't know, but i suppose with the characters being very appealing and all if you're extremely lonely you could resort to that. But I think the cloppers were originally yiffers.


░▒▓ C R Y I N G C R A Y F I S H ▓▒░