New Topic Respond to this Topic
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 00:07:20 Reply

At 4 minutes ago, shrimpchris wrote: So, I read "My Little Dashie" on Tuesday...

So... Sad...

Aww man... I hear that. Tears were shed, to say the very least.
Speaking of sad stories, have you read "I couldn't wake you, because you will never wake up again"?
That was definitely on par with MLD in my opinion. I couldn't hold it together, broke down in front of my family... sad and bittersweet fanfiction always makes me bawl...

bork bork bork

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 00:29:10 Reply

At 17 minutes ago, Xyresic wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, shrimpchris wrote: So, I read "My Little Dashie" on Tuesday...

So... Sad...
Aww man... I hear that. Tears were shed, to say the very least.
Speaking of sad stories, have you read "I couldn't wake you, because you will never wake up again"?
That was definitely on par with MLD in my opinion. I couldn't hold it together, broke down in front of my family... sad and bittersweet fanfiction always makes me bawl...

If you like reading them, give mine a go at some point :) I mostly focus on shipping, but also do a bit of action, sad, grimdark or random things.

Also for a sad fanfiction, Forever with the one you love, this brought me to tears.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, NekoMika's Legacy!

BBS Signature
Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 00:30:51 Reply

At 21 hours ago, Eddmario wrote: Oh Luna, 4Chan added a pony board.

Well I guess that's good news. At least they have a place to stay now. All the circle-jerking tripcode pony threads were getting annoying.

Also, it's not a trap, unlike the April Fools Day furry board where everyone who posted got banned within 3 days.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 00:33:53 Reply

At 1 minute ago, Ragnarokia wrote: Also for a sad fanfiction, Forever with the one you love, this brought me to tears.

Wait my bad, with the redesign that link probably looks dodgy. Forever with the one you love, that's better. Used to linking with the favourite thing on deviantART I forgot it looks odd from the outside. But yes, tears were shed.

BBS Signature
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 00:46:12 Reply

At 5 minutes ago, Ragnarokia wrote: Forever with the one you love, that's better.

Not a huge fan of Trixie shipping, but that story definitely got me in the heart... no tears though. It seemed a little too OOC for Trixie, which flattens the mood of some fanfics for me.

At 2 minutes ago, Greenfrost6 wrote: All the circle-jerking tripcode pony threads were getting annoying.

At least now they're all contained in one giant, circle-jerk board instead. I never liked 4chan pony threads, but I don't really know why. I've only ever visited 4chan to lurk on /b/, and having a pony board on the same website associated with it just seems like a corruption.

bork bork bork

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 00:53:43 Reply

Alright, I've got a challenge for you guys: How many times can you watch this in a row?

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 01:00:45 Reply

At 12 minutes ago, Xyresic wrote:
At 5 minutes ago, Ragnarokia wrote: Forever with the one you love, that's better.
Not a huge fan of Trixie shipping, but that story definitely got me in the heart... no tears though. It seemed a little too OOC for Trixie, which flattens the mood of some fanfics for me.

I do prefer to keep the character, but considering it was Twilight's mind I thought it was fine, since it's how she felt Trixie would be etc.

BBS Signature
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 01:01:39 Reply

At 4 minutes ago, Eddmario wrote: Alright, I've got a challenge for you guys: How many times can you watch this in a row?

If watching MLP has taught me anything, it's to not judge something until you've seen it. I watched it the whole way through.... once...
Hnnnnggggggggggggg........

bork bork bork

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 01:10:54 Reply

At 3 minutes ago, Xyresic wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, Eddmario wrote: Alright, I've got a challenge for you guys: How many times can you watch this in a row?
If watching MLP has taught me anything, it's to not judge something until you've seen it. I watched it the whole way through.... once...
Hnnnnggggggggggggg........

Old generations are indeed very girly compared to FIM. Even I as a overly cute lover find them a bit to overpowering.

On that note though. I do love the opening of Friendship Is Magic. It is still the most girly part of the show, but I personally find it perfectly fine, though many do comment on it being the hardest part to watch etc.

BBS Signature
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 01:19:41 Reply

At 3 minutes ago, Ragnarokia wrote: On that note though. I do love the opening of Friendship Is Magic. It is still the most girly part of the show, but I personally find it perfectly fine, though many do comment on it being the hardest part to watch etc.

If there was any pivotal point in myself becoming a brony, it was those first 2 lines of the intro song. I came very close to closing the tab completely after hearing it for the first time, despite how curious I was about the show. If I could pinpoint the moment when I asked myself "Why the fuck am I watching this?" it would definitely have been then. Thankfully I pushed through it, and now I just watch it all the time.

bork bork bork

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 01:27:52 Reply

At 5 minutes ago, Xyresic wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, Ragnarokia wrote: On that note though. I do love the opening of Friendship Is Magic. It is still the most girly part of the show, but I personally find it perfectly fine, though many do comment on it being the hardest part to watch etc.
If there was any pivotal point in myself becoming a brony, it was those first 2 lines of the intro song. I came very close to closing the tab completely after hearing it for the first time, despite how curious I was about the show. If I could pinpoint the moment when I asked myself "Why the fuck am I watching this?" it would definitely have been then. Thankfully I pushed through it, and now I just watch it all the time.

Luckily I'm used to watching other children's cartoons like Fairly Odd Parents and the like, so it wasn't to much different from those to me for the intro I didn't find it to hard to listen to like others would who likely don't enjoy things like that as often.

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 01:33:55 Reply

At 2 hours ago, Xyresic wrote: I just finished reading the fanfic Past Sins...

It.
Was.
Fucking.
Brilliant.

I always enjoy a good "epic saga" type book, but this was incredible. I don't even know where I could begin to describe how much I enjoyed it. Not only that but it's left me on an emotional high... goddamn it was amazing. It wasn't the most complex thing I've ever read, but it was seamless. Everything was crafted so well, I don't think I've managed to connect so well with the characters and their plights while reading any otehr story... I'm almost at a loss for words...

Sweet Jesus.... this community is amazing.

Fucking.

AMAZING.

FUCKING
BEAUTIFUL.
FUCK.

Erg. I've heard so much about it but have never really gotten around to reading it. Same with Fallout: Equestria. I really need to read them.

BBS Signature
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 01:38:36 Reply

At 2 minutes ago, Bryan wrote: Erg. I've heard so much about it but have never really gotten around to reading it. Same with Fallout: Equestria. I really need to read them.

I don't really keep my finger on the pulse of the fandom to a large extent, so I had never heard of it before the posted the final chapters a few days ago on Equestria daily. By golly am I glad I did, it was an excellent story.

bork bork bork

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 02:35:39 Reply

Oh, and thank you Ragnarokia for the badge on my DA page.

BBS Signature
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 02:38:51 Reply

At A few seconds ago, Eddmario wrote: Oh, and thank you Ragnarokia for the badge on my DA page.

Well, the /mlp/ board on 4chan is going as I would have expected. /b/ and /co/ factions are bitching, and everyone else is being a judgemental asshole to each other. 4chan and Ponies are just inherently incapable of working together it seems. Gonna have to keep looking for a home for the time being.

Watching MLP and now seeing this has made me realise how much I hate 4chan and everything it's done to the internet.

bork bork bork

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 05:09:46 Reply

Gad, you people post too much while I'm asleep! Anyway, I know this is slightly off subject, but I just wanted to tell you guys that I'm about to go on a five hour trip up to Chicago, so wish me luck. I'll see you guys around 9 or 10 my time I suppose, and then I can rejoin you in our nerd discussion.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 07:50:32 Reply

At 2 hours ago, Sectus wrote: Gad, you people post too much while I'm asleep! Anyway, I know this is slightly off subject, but I just wanted to tell you guys that I'm about to go on a five hour trip up to Chicago, so wish me luck. I'll see you guys around 9 or 10 my time I suppose, and then I can rejoin you in our nerd discussion.

Try the pizza and watch out for yuppies.

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 10:08:02 Reply

Someone link the new episode when it appears on youtube.

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 10:22:49 Reply

At 1 day ago, Rhinocerider wrote: Has 100,000+ views, not sure how I find this earlier, but batponies. Loved how he did Pinkie Pie's "forever".

"Oooo! What does THIS bauble do?"

Shameless Dee Dee from Dexter's Lab reference and I love it. Anyone else catch that?

Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 10:33:58 Reply

Loved the new episode.

It's great to see some continuity there, with Rainbow Dash still reading Daring Doo.

Also, Derpy is in the snowglobe.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
RYNOL
RYNOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 10:47:44 Reply

At 1 day ago, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: I like how people just assume we are all feminine, despite the fact that I workout daily, and can bench almost 200 lbs, and etc, which is probably more then most of them.

I'm not going to say I'm really masculine, but I agree. When I mentioned to a couple of friends that I am a brony they were really surprised.

At 1 day ago, The-Great-One wrote: How many Newgrounds members you think we'd lose if Tom Fulp stated he was a brony?

Not a lot. I mean, not a lot of people would really care unless Tom directly changed something to do with this site.

At 1 day ago, Sectus wrote: Personally, I think Ashleigh Ball is the best voice actress they have, as the bright contrast between Applejack and Rainbow Dash is really well done, whereas the VA for Fluttershy/Pinkie Pie just seems to be raising her voice when she does Pinkie.

It is rather impressive to see them do their voices in real life, almost like it doesn't sound like it should be coming from them, but that IS a sign of a good voice actor/actress

I think all the voice actors in the show are incredible. Tabitha St. Germain does a surprising amount of background ponies in the show and I think she does them all very well with each one being unique. Tara Strong is also a great voice actor, although it doesn't really show too much in the show.

At 9 hours ago, Eddmario wrote: Alright, I've got a challenge for you guys: How many times can you watch this in a row?

20 seconds...

Time for me to watch the new episode anyway.

I need a sig.
PSN: gowow20

Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 11:43:48 Reply

New episode was great! It might even be my new favorite!

That Pinkie Pie Smile song finally being in an episode was definitely a treat and it probably had, at least, the best visuals of any song so far.

That made my day. Haha.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 11:50:33 Reply

At 4 minutes ago, Bryan wrote: New episode was great! It might even be my new favorite!

That Pinkie Pie Smile song finally being in an episode was definitely a treat and it probably had, at least, the best visuals of any song so far.

That made my day. Haha.

My favorite part was when Pinkie finally made him smile, and her reaction as a result.

This is Rocket Pinkie, we have lift off.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 12:35:47 Reply

I'm kind of mixed from this episode. I love Pinkie Pie and boy did I love her songs in this episode especially the Smile Smile Smile song as well as her "Welcome Wagon" (I want one). However the episode made me feel kind of meh. Pinkie Pie's reactions and movements all over the place made this a cool episode, but more could have been done with it.

Twilight certainly could have been more helpful seeing as how she wasn't entirely accepting of Pinkie Pie's friendship when she first moved it, but I did enjoy seeing Rainbow Dash just chilling reading her book, it's those little things that keep the continuity rolling and brings a small grin to your subconscious.

A cool episode, but a bit on the weak side compared to what we have been getting.

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 12:40:17 Reply

I just realized something.

Cranky Doodle Donkey has words relating to penis and anus in his name!

His mom and dad must have hated him before he was even born.

And he has cranky in his name...
It's almost as if...
They knew the future...

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 12:47:34 Reply

At 4 minutes ago, Manly-Chicken wrote: Cranky Doodle Donkey has words relating to penis and anus in his name!

Speaking of which.
Pinkie batting her eyes at cranky and going "my FRIENDS call me Pinkie" is just begging for someone to upload the short clip out of context to youtube titled "Pinkie Pie tries to get laid"

I'm posting this because every group needs a perverted foil.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 12:52:22 Reply

All I gotta say is this episode made the 4th wall non-existent.

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 14:57:24 Reply

Off topic from the new episode...

Looks like Blind-Bag ponies are in America now since I just bought at least 7-8 of them at a Wal-Mart along with.... you guessed it, more cupcakes that had Pinkie pie Rings on them.

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-18 17:33:03 Reply

At 2 hours ago, Rhinocerider wrote: Jesus christ, this episode was horrid. Not even going to have to explain why but, it's easily the worst out of both seasons.

I think you should at least take the time to explain your opinion. I just watched it, and although I admit it wasn't one of my favourites it was still enjoyable.
I didn't listen to the leaked song before now, but I thought it was awesome in this episode.

bork bork bork