Flamma-Man
Flamma-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-15 20:46:00 Reply

At 1 hour ago, ScaryPicnic wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Sectus wrote: and they seem to be getting better at having the characters make funny faces.
fan service for reaction images is not a good thing

Or maybe they're just coming up with new funny expressions for the characters?

I mean, what, do you expect them to use the same reactionary expression for all the characters? I would hardly call branching out with the ponies expressions as being fan service. The Derpy scene in "The Last Round" though? Yeah, that was totally fan service that just bugged me to no end.

I liked it better when Derpy was just brazenly shown with no dialogue, as just a slight nod to the older fans.

But having her put in the spotlight, even briefly, just felt like too much to me.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-15 21:20:31 Reply

At 51 minutes ago, Dagg wrote: The term "pegasister" will never catch on.....at least I hope not.

I don't like the term pegasister. Bronies was the word to sum up all of us, a universal word for all fans of the show outside the demographic. To have pegasister would be partly ruining this feeling of unity to split people up due to their sex. Male or female there shouldn't be a difference to who they are and how they are seen.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Dagg
Dagg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-15 21:21:45 Reply

At 37 minutes ago, Sectus wrote:
Also, I submitted a new thingy to the art portal, it involves bronies. :3

Oh god..... I hope by submitted, you don't actually mean this might actually get scouted.

Aww, Dagg....

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-15 21:33:23 Reply

At 9 minutes ago, Dagg wrote:
At 37 minutes ago, Sectus wrote:
Also, I submitted a new thingy to the art portal, it involves bronies. :3
Oh god..... I hope by submitted, you don't actually mean this might actually get scouted.

Oh, well I appreciate you taking a shit on my drawing skills, but it wasn't ever intended for quality. It was drawn to make some laughs.

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 00:29:20 Reply

At 4 hours ago, Eddmario wrote: Looks like Welovefine is giving away some MLP: FIM nouveau shirts through Twitter/FaceBook/Tumblr

I got excited until I noticed sharing it only puts in the draw to win. I don't think I'm QUITE prepared to let my wider friendbase know about MLP just yet... a few close friends is good enough for me.

Speaking of the future of MLP, I had no idea that a third season (if there is one) won't feature Rob Renzetti... I really hope that they can still keep the charm of the show together with both him and Lauren out of the picture...

I noticed someone talking about 6-10 seasons, which seems like an extraordinary amount to ask for. All things considered, at the end of the day the show is still simply a marketing promotion. Toy companies have to constantly come up with new ways to appeal to new generations of kids to buy their toys, and us such will probably only keep a certain strategy in place as long as it appeals to the target demographic. I would be expecting at least 13 episodes in a third season (if it gets/has gotten the green light), possibly 26, however I think that a fourth season might be more of a thing to hope for rather than expect. Considering one season runs for roughly half a year before going on a hiatus to prepare for another, you could probably fit maybe 1 and a half seasons in a year. 3 seasons roughly totals about 2 years, which is probably the amount of time the current target demographic will be engageed before starting to move on, and Hasbro will have to come up with new ideas.

Still, this is all speculation on my part, so perhaps a few more seasons are yet to be enjoyed.

Sorry if that was a bit of a downer of a post...

bork bork bork

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 01:42:15 Reply

Remember that "Teens React" video from a while ago? Well, here's some major bronies reacting to it.

Warning: Contains Mr. Yaplap, creator of the "F*CKING!" versions of all the show's songs

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
RYNOL
RYNOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 02:44:38 Reply

At 7 hours ago, wildfire4461 wrote: First example i've seen of an entire family into FiM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1X2WigAsBw

I think that's really sweet. I want a significant other someday that will watch MLP with me.

At 59 minutes ago, Eddmario wrote: Remember that "Teens React" video from a while ago? Well, here's some major bronies reacting to it.
Warning: Contains Mr. Yaplap, creator of the "F*CKING!" versions of all the show's songs

That was a much better reaction video than that original teens one. It's good to see another perspective about the show instead of just "ponies are gay!" and whatnot.

I need a sig.
PSN: gowow20

Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 03:28:35 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Eddmario wrote: Remember that "Teens React" video from a while ago? Well, here's some major bronies reacting to it.

Oh that is hilarious... Just downright hilarious...

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 06:53:26 Reply

You guys interfere with my Fallout addiction too much.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 13:07:06 Reply

At 11 hours ago, Eddmario wrote: Remember that "Teens React" video from a while ago? Well, here's some major bronies reacting to it.

This was brilliant. All of them were amazing in their replies and views, especially the brony family one :p I wonder how many people would take that comment seriously and go and complain about it.

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 13:27:57 Reply

At 14 minutes ago, Ragnarokia wrote:
This was brilliant. All of them were amazing in their replies and views, especially the brony family one :p I wonder how many people would take that comment seriously and go and complain about it.

It was cool. I agree with the intro not being a good representation to the show. It took me the entire first season to be able to tolerate it, and even now I don't really care for it. Sometimes even Pinkie can be just too much for me.

I like how people just assume we are all feminine, despite the fact that I workout daily, and can bench almost 200 lbs, and etc, which is probably more then most of them.

“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 13:29:49 Reply

Hey guys, look what I got in the mail today.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 13:41:54 Reply

How many Newgrounds members you think we'd lose if Tom Fulp stated he was a brony?

Sectus
Sectus
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 14:30:57 Reply

At 46 minutes ago, The-Great-One wrote: How many Newgrounds members you think we'd lose if Tom Fulp stated he was a brony?

Well, for one he would never do that. He would try and maintain a rather centrist opinion on everything, really

If he did, this group would be front paged or some shit.
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 16:52:45 Reply

Looks like the crazy actor who supports a religion based on science-fiction books and who's initials are T.C. might be a member of the herd.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 17:40:00 Reply

At 35 minutes ago, Eddmario wrote: Looks like the crazy actor who supports a religion based on science-fiction books and who's initials are T.C. might be a member of the herd.

LOL some don't like the idea of him being one. And others are saying Tara's trolling so who knows.

And to think this is the 1st custom pony I ever made (G1):

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 17:45:33 Reply

You know what I want? I want an episode that focuses upon the relationship between Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. I'd like to see a more in depth use of both of those characters, I love them both so much, but they are seen so little on the show.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 18:12:42 Reply

At 18 minutes ago, Rhinocerider wrote: Yes, agreed. They probably won't have their episodes though. A Celestia episode would just be, well... boring. An episode between the relations of the two Princesses might be a bit too much for the younger audience, at least what I'd be thinking of would be. If the writers could make it light-hearted, then I don't see why they wouldn't.

Nichole Oliver (Cheerilee & Celestia) is an amazing voice actress though.

They really should make an episode out of that though, it would be a brilliant idea in of itself, and it would appease the brony fandom too. Personally, I think Ashleigh Ball is the best voice actress they have, as the bright contrast between Applejack and Rainbow Dash is really well done, whereas the VA for Fluttershy/Pinkie Pie just seems to be raising her voice when she does Pinkie.

It is rather impressive to see them do their voices in real life, almost like it doesn't sound like it should be coming from them, but that IS a sign of a good voice actor/actress

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 18:40:03 Reply

At 51 minutes ago, Sectus wrote: You know what I want? I want an episode that focuses upon the relationship between Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. I'd like to see a more in depth use of both of those characters, I love them both so much, but they are seen so little on the show.

I would love to see more of Princess Luna. She is one of my favourite characters and I would love to see her being with her sister more. Knowing they are likely together a lot offscreen is good. But would still be nice to see it at some point :)

Also Tom Cruise being a brony? lol.

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 18:47:41 Reply

At 5 minutes ago, Ragnarokia wrote:

Too good to be true. Turns out Tara was just joking: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/tom-cruise-not-brony.h tml

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 19:44:38 Reply

At 45 minutes ago, wildfire4461 wrote:
Too good to be true. Turns out Tara was just joking: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/tom-cruise-not-brony.h tml

Was just about to post that.

BBS Signature
Flamma-Man
Flamma-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-16 20:42:25 Reply

At 1 hour ago, wildfire4461 wrote:

And that, my friends, is why the Equestria Daily staff are a bunch of trigger happy idiots.

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-17 00:02:38 Reply

At 3 hours ago, Flamma-Man wrote: And that, my friends, is why the Equestria Daily staff are a bunch of trigger happy idiots.

I think over-zealous might be a better desciption. Although I agree that they tend to make a huge deal out of everything...

bork bork bork

BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-17 01:08:21 Reply

At 1 day ago, Sectus wrote: Oh, well I appreciate you taking a shit on my drawing skills, but it wasn't ever intended for quality. It was drawn to make some laughs.

Now now, no one is talking shit.

You know the rules of the art portal.

Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-17 03:24:24 Reply

Oh Luna, 4Chan added a pony board.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-17 07:24:11 Reply

At 7 hours ago, Xyresic wrote:
At 3 hours ago, Flamma-Man wrote: And that, my friends, is why the Equestria Daily staff are a bunch of trigger happy idiots.
I think over-zealous might be a better desciption. Although I agree that they tend to make a huge deal out of everything...

I much prefer My Little Brony to Equestria Daily. It just seems like a more organized, and easier to understand website. The humor is out in the open there, as well. Not to say that I don't visit Equestria Daily, they have some good stories on there, mind you.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-17 20:29:09 Reply

Don't know if you guys posted it or not, but Celestia Radio is doing the premiere of the pilot of a new radio play tomorrow night. If any of you are Whovians, I'd suggest clicking that link.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-17 21:42:26 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Eddmario wrote: Don't know if you guys posted it or not, but Celestia Radio is doing the premiere of the pilot of a new radio play tomorrow night. If any of you are Whovians, I'd suggest clicking that link.

Seems interesting, sadly not really a Doctor Who fan. David Tenant and Doctor Whooves are the only two things I really love about it.

BBS Signature
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-17 23:10:23 Reply

I just finished reading the fanfic Past Sins...

It.
Was.
Fucking.
Brilliant.

I always enjoy a good "epic saga" type book, but this was incredible. I don't even know where I could begin to describe how much I enjoyed it. Not only that but it's left me on an emotional high... goddamn it was amazing. It wasn't the most complex thing I've ever read, but it was seamless. Everything was crafted so well, I don't think I've managed to connect so well with the characters and their plights while reading any otehr story... I'm almost at a loss for words...

Sweet Jesus.... this community is amazing.

Fucking.

AMAZING.

FUCKING
BEAUTIFUL.
FUCK.

bork bork bork

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-02-17 23:36:29 Reply

At 21 minutes ago, Xyresic wrote: I just finished reading the fanfic Past Sins...

It.
Was.
Fucking.
Brilliant.

other random crap praising the fanfic

I suggest the fanfics Fandom Crisis! and Ancient Blunders. The first one is a sequel/spin-off, and the other one is a parody replacing Nightmare Moon with Discord and Twilight with Pinkie.

BBS Signature