Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 08:15 AM Reply

At 9/26/11 10:55 PM, XenonMonkey wrote: I just made this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 0344
It came out all right.

Dat pony party music.

At 9/27/11 08:02 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Neat.

Somewhat related.

Damn, that was great.

Also brace for loadsa remixes of the new intro theme once it's out.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 10:53 AM Reply

At 9/27/11 12:08 AM, shrimpchris wrote: So... I was listening to that "Rainbow factory" song for like the 15th time and I decided to read the fanfic inspired by it while the song was on loop. I'v got to say... That fanfic with the song hit me somewhere that no creepypasta, scary movie, sad movie, sad story, grimdark fic/gluefic has ever hit me before. Like, I feel weird. It's kinda like a combination of sad, fear, anger, apathy, and just plain negative thoughts.
I don't know why, and stories like "Cupcakes" never affected me in any way (btw, I made delicious rainbow cupcakes last night)
Anyways, I've rarely ever felt like this in my life, so I'm gonna take a break from ponies for 1 or 2 days until I feel better. (I added Rainbow Factory to my favorites on youtube yesterday, but I kinda don't like it as much now.)
See you guys in a couple days I guess...
Wow, this feeling is weird...

I read that and sadly the fan fiction based on the story didn't seem to go all that well either. Kind of started ok and got gritty and such. Kind of wondering if anyone else ever plans to try a fan fiction based on the song and see if it goes any better than the current one for it. Who knows, I might even try after awhile I guess.

At 9/27/11 06:11 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: The new theme song should be awesome, I can't wait for other new songs to, as much as it obviously didn't fit to add a song into the upsetting Discord episodes I still did miss not having Pinkie burst out singing about something. I can't wait until the first new song it will be great.

Would be nice if the new intro included both Derpy and Luna doing things as well too.

At 9/27/11 07:03 AM, yos2 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1263 494

sorry for being presistant, but as you can see i was right. without the thread on general more threads like these are popping up... and you guessed it. fame wars

I see that and sadly while it is easier than eating a cupcake to ignore trolls and people trashing the show even though they have never seen it ... people will still give them attention since they can't understand you don't always need to respond to the person posting or messaging you sadly.

At 9/27/11 08:02 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:

sorry for being presistant, but as you can see i was right. without the thread on general more threads like these are popping up... and you guessed it. fame wars
Isn't that thread, like a month old?

Eeeyup, almost two months old now.

It came out all right.
Neat.

Somewhat related.

Excellent, now I shall never mess up when making a sandvich ever again!!

At 9/27/11 08:15 AM, Racoonmario wrote:
It came out all right.
Dat pony party music.

Indeed, also Pinkie Pie's Pinkie Party, always fun to listen to real loud in a car. Good times.

At 9/27/11 08:02 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Neat.

Somewhat related.
Damn, that was great.

Also brace for loadsa remixes of the new intro theme once it's out.

Oh I shall be ready for them, poowis already did a remix for Discord and Powerpuff Girl theme reference for the win!

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 11:05 AM Reply

At 9/27/11 08:02 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Somewhat related.

Sandvich! So sweet and tasty Sandvich!
Words can't describe the awesomeness of that flash.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 11:24 AM Reply

Somewhat related.

And this is related to that.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 12:11 PM Reply

If somebody had asked me this morning if I could have any more hatred for you guys my answer would probably be NO SIR IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE. But low and behold you turn up in C&C and prove me wrong, congratulations. Now I'm all out of blue ribbons so the only thing I can give you is a life supply of my foot up your ass.

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 12:33 PM Reply

That thread is a month old. It got bumped by a new brony so what. Redirect and a moderator will deal with it, you could also PM a moderator and tell them this as well. Your thread in General was nothing more than a Club not allowed in the Clubs & Crews. We have a Club now so be happy. Your thread is not going to be unlocked.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
yos2
yos2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 12:55 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 12:11 PM, ChrisLovejoy wrote: If somebody had asked me this morning if I could have any more hatred for you guys my answer would probably be NO SIR IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE. But low and behold you turn up in C&C and prove me wrong, congratulations. Now I'm all out of blue ribbons so the only thing I can give you is a life supply of my foot up your ass.

so instead of harassing you and tell you what an idiot you are for hating on a harmless fandom. ill go out of my way to ask you:
what's with all the hatred? it's just a happy subculture for a good cartoon. you saw it and didn't like it? oh well! it's not for everyone. but why do you hate the fans?

At 9/27/11 12:33 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Your thread is not going to be unlocked.

yeah i guess so... still i am kinda sad that it was MY thread that got those 56 pages... yeah i have a crave for attention... oh well, nothing is perfect... not even ponies :P

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 02:47 PM Reply

I just wish they had pony models for ALL TF2 classes, not just Engineer. Not that I wanna play with 'em, it's just that I'd like to... share... the experience.

At 9/27/11 12:11 PM, ChrisLovejoy wrote: If somebody had asked me this morning if I could have any more hatred for you guys my answer would probably be NO SIR IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE. But low and behold you turn up in C&C and prove me wrong, congratulations. Now I'm all out of blue ribbons so the only thing I can give you is a life supply of my foot up your ass.

Oh Perry you crack me up.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 03:36 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 12:55 PM, yos2 wrote:
so instead of harassing you and tell you what an idiot you are for hating on a harmless fandom. ill go out of my way to ask you:
what's with all the hatred? it's just a happy subculture for a good cartoon. you saw it and didn't like it? oh well! it's not for everyone. but why do you hate the fans?

Did you even read Rule #3?

At 9/27/11 12:33 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Your thread is not going to be unlocked.
yeah i guess so... still i am kinda sad that it was MY thread that got those 56 pages... yeah i have a crave for attention... oh well, nothing is perfect... not even ponies :P

No offense, but your thread didn't have a good foundation. I think the only reason we posted in it for so long is because it was the only Pony thread on Newgrounds, that was allowed at the time. I can't completely hate it though, because it was in that thread that I discovered MLP.

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 06:18 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 12:11 PM, ChrisLovejoy wrote: crave for attention... oh well, nothing is perfect... not even ponies :P

Yeah, we all wish we got the chance to make this thread instead of that faggot Bryan.

ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 07:04 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 12:08 AM, shrimpchris wrote: So... I was listening to that "Rainbow factory" song for like the 15th time and I decided to read the fanfic inspired by it while the song was on loop. I

Awwww, maybe this will make you feel better.

Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 07:17 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 06:18 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:
At 9/27/11 12:11 PM, ChrisLovejoy wrote: crave for attention... oh well, nothing is perfect... not even ponies :P
Yeah, we all wish we got the chance to make this thread instead of that faggot Bryan.

Ugh. I know right? Stupid cunt thinks he's big shit, just because he was the thread creator!

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50

BBS Signature
shrimpchris
shrimpchris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 07:20 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 07:04 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:
At 9/27/11 12:08 AM, shrimpchris wrote: So... I was listening to that "Rainbow factory" song for like the 15th time and I decided to read the fanfic inspired by it while the song was on loop. I
Awwww, maybe this will make you feel better.

I actually listened to that before the original.
It is pretty funny though.
Also, I thought that Rainbow Factory was a pretty good fan fic (besides that weird feeling I still have and how I keep thinking of the ending), I don't know why so many people think that it wasn't good. Care to explain?

Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 08:29 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 07:20 PM, shrimpchris wrote: I actually listened to that before the original.
Also, I thought that Rainbow Factory was a pretty good fan fic (besides that weird feeling I still have and how I keep thinking of the ending), I don't know why so many people think that it wasn't good. Care to explain?

What's wrong with Rainbow Factory? Hmm... let me break it down for you.

WARNING FOR ANYONE THAT HAS NOT READ: CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS.

First of all, the OCs are not well done, just getting that out of the way first. I hated the blatant self-insertion by the author "Aurora Dawn" and she refers to her pony in the story as "Aurora" (very subtle, hm?) Also, both of the main OCs featured in it are suppsoed to be the hero's. A.K.A Auora "sacrificing" herself so the others can escape, and Orion refusing to take his flight test to comfort with Aurora.

Second of all, the plot holes. First of which being, why did Aurora's wings snap for completely no reason? I was talking with the author for a bit, and I was asking him/her about that, I never got an answer. Correction, right as I was writing this, the author brought the Hoof and Wing line to my attention. I must have missed it upon first reading, that's my fault. However, the "twist" which reveals the villain, Rainbow Dash. An extremely cliche twist, in my opinion. I raged when I read that, I felt insulted. I hate when fan fictions do that. The lack of build up to it, makes it seem likes it coming out of nowhere, and in that sense it just seems like you think to yourself, What the fuck was the author thinking?" Almost as bad as that, was the ending. I quote,
"The chains lifted her slightly, bringing her small body eye to eye with a pegasus in front of her. The pony was a deep, blood red, glistening in the artificial light of The Factory. Her mane had small spots of glorious colours of the rainbow, but was mostly the same red colour as her coat of fur. Chunks of skin were missing from small spots, and her hair was ripped in some places, bald patches of skin in others. The only clue Scootaloo had as to who this used to be were the rose iris' focused on her.
"Any final words, you miserable worthless whore of a foal?"
Scootaloo brought her chin high, still demanding even the tiniest fraction of dignity.
"You have beautiful eyes," she cooed, soft, yet clearly.
" Sorry for the long ass quote, but I had to make the point. Honestly, the description isn't that bad, but the last line is awful. It's a pretty bad way to end a story, IMO. It could have been done so much better, I hate stories like that where you feel so gypped with the ending, to the point where it's insulting.
An example of this, One Last Day Except, this story had very good build up, and an even WORSE ending if you can believe that. I won't spoil it though in case anypony wants to read it.

Third, a slightly less significant point, the swearing is distracting. The swearing really just seems like it was put there to have swearing, which is not a good thing. Most of the time, there is no reason for it, it's also incredibly out of character. A good fic usually keeps (at least characters actually from the show) sort of truthful to the show a bit. It just seemed very strange.

My basic point being, this story has little to no build up. Things just happen, with pretty much explanation. However, you should still read it if you haven't already. After you do, please tell me what you think. I'd be interested to hear why people like it, just giving my opinions here. The author wants me to link him to this page, so he will likely be reading this. I might have to check out some of his other stuff though, the writing isn't that bad, it's just the plot that's flawed.

Also, I finished writing this like, 20-30 minutes ago and only waited until now to post it. Lol @ ImaSmartass2. WAS IT WORTH THE WEIGHT?

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 08:48 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 08:29 PM, Bryan wrote:
At 9/27/11 07:20 PM, shrimpchris wrote: I actually listened to that before the original.

Sadly the story just was not too great. As one of the video comments has said in the past "This is one of those times where the song is just a lot better than the fan fiction by all means."

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 08:48 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 9/27/11 07:20 PM, shrimpchris wrote:
Sadly the story just was not too great. As one of the video comments has said in the past "This is one of those times where the song is just a lot better than the fan fiction by all means."

Goddamn did you have to bring that shameful comment I made back to the public eye?

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 09:06 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 08:56 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:
Goddamn did you have to bring that shameful comment I made back to the public eye?

Had no idea that was you either until now.

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 09:42 PM Reply

No ponies till the 15th.

Yes, I felt that the situation was grave enough to actually use a emoticon.
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 09:23 PM, Rhinocerider wrote: I have to agree with the majority here, the fan-fiction was not nearly as good as I expected it to be. Out of curiosity, I decided to read into it despite never being into Grimdark fics. The only Grimdarks I've read up to this point are Fillystata, Cupcakes, and Rocked to Insanity. Also spoilers.

Link to Fillystata or Rocked to Insanity please?

I noticed those points too. I personally didn't really mind Aurora being used though. I think that Orion didn't have enough moments to define his personality before failing his test, and thus I didn't really care for him failing nor did it have a significant emotional impact when you realize how he just sacrificed his career for Aurora.

Yea, it was more or less a moment of, emotions before artificial emotion state which seemed to be a common point here. If they are all meant to droned out up to that point then shouldn't their character behave that way as well?

No real opinion on that, I would agree that it feels sort of "misplaced", but I didn't exactly mind. It's a Grimdark fiction and it's quite short, so I didn't really find that plot twists would make a difference anyway.

No plot twists, not too big on the plot holes but they still seem to be there.

Again, I'm neutral on this matter. Out of curiosity though, what sort of ending would you prefer as opposed to this one?

Beats me on what he wants but I guess I would not have minded seeing what Rainbow Dash would have done afterward to her.

Agreed. The use of swearing in this doesn't really add any intensity or emotion to the story, but instead makes it a lot worse by discarding character traits and making the whole moment a lot more awkward.

This seems to be one of those few times that I think the story would have been better without the vulgarity slapped into it. It just felt like it was there and not to bring out any kind of emotion in the other characters.

A suggestion to the author would be to induce fear by drawing out more "realistic" emotions from the characters. As you stated, there isn't a lot of build up and thus the story just sort of jumps to the ponies being slaughtered and stuff. Having two OC ponies which, again, don't have much of a background also sort of detracts from that part.

I think if an OC pony is brought at least just do one at a time, any more and you might just be taking away from the story altogether sadly.

On the subject of remixes, going through youtube and still finding a lot of remixes so I might just end having a lot more by the end of the week. Also finding some other interesting artists that I had not noticed before too which is great!!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 10:08 PM Reply

Thanks for the links Rhinocerider. For anyone interested here is Remix Round IV of The Brony Remix Wars. Take note that there are 4 downloads for all 78 songs. SHould add to almost everyone's collection anyways. Also here is a piece banned from remix round 4. I can see why since it just seems to be a whole lot of noise and nothing else sadly.

BBS Signature
shrimpchris
shrimpchris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 11:43 PM Reply

My basic point being, this story has little to no build up. Things just happen, with pretty much explanation. However, you should still read it if you haven't already. After you do, please tell me what you think. I'd be interested to hear why people like it, just giving my opinions here. The author wants me to link him to this page, so he will likely be reading this. I might have to check out some of his other stuff though, the writing isn't that bad, it's just the plot that's flawed.

While the plot is kinda flawed, It isn't that horrible and I thought it was okay. It does have 2 OC's after all. I would kinda like to see an extended one with some plot things fixed and what not, but it won't kill me as it is.

Also, I do agree with some of the other people who quoted you saying that the swearing didn't really add anything.

I also kinda agree about the ending being a little... lacking, it just really hit me hard in a way I can't explain and I don't know why. I'm relatively satisfied with (and saddened by) the ending either way though.

Now, what do we discuss next?

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 11:48 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 11:43 PM, shrimpchris wrote:

Pony stuff. Did link to some remixes and plan to read to the fan fictions Rhinocerider linked to as well.

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 28th, 2011 @ 12:02 AM Reply

At 9/27/11 11:48 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
Pony stuff. Did link to some remixes and plan to read to the fan fictions Rhinocerider linked to as well.

Grimdark done right. (Party of One)

Also check my list for the good fictions and stuff and things.

Some questions:

What are the chances of LUUUUUUUUUNA appearing in episode 3?

Do you welcome the change of Theme?

Favorite Background pony (excluding Derpy Hooves)?

Are alicorns naturally born?

Do you want Celestia/Luna backstory?

Favorite non-BG, non-mane6 pony?

Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 28th, 2011 @ 12:07 AM Reply

At 9/28/11 12:02 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:
At 9/27/11 11:48 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
Grimdark done right. (Party of One)

Some questions:

I could see it happening, so it's definitely possible. Ermm... I'd say about a 33% chance of her appearing? Why that number, I don't even really know.

I'd have to hear it first, I welcome the change of the theme as long as they don't change it to drastically. Also, are they only changing the song or the animation as well?

Vinyl Scratch, if she counts as a background pony that is.

We've discussed this before, have we not? I guess they are, I didn't finish Paradise. (lol)

Yes, moar please.

LUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 28th, 2011 @ 12:15 AM Reply

At 9/28/11 12:02 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Some questions:

I'm leaning towards no, but I'd like to see Luna finally reappearing :)

Eeyup, I know it'll be awesome and just thinking about it makes me squee.

Hmm... That's a tough call. I guess I'll go with Big Mac - not because he's AJ's brother but because I find him as a weird combination of simplicity and intriguing.

Interesting question. Yes, I do believe they're born, but under very cosmic circumstances that I am not qualified to answer.

YES. PLEASE. Discord's arc kinda introduced the fact that Celestia and Luna weren't always the rulers of the land. Thus, there must be more to their history than we were previously aware of.

Argh, I hate choosing favorites and I can never really get it down to just one pony. Right now Lyra, Carrot Top, and Roseluck come to mind. But really I love em all! :D

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
shrimpchris
shrimpchris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 28th, 2011 @ 12:24 AM Reply

At 9/28/11 12:02 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:
Some questions:

Probably 50-50, can't say for sure though.

Depends on how good it is.

Octavia and DJ P0N-3 are tied for first for me. then derpy, then Lyra.

I think so, but I can imagine some unicorns possibly making themselves(or others) into Alicorns like Twilight did to Rarity in Sonic Rainboom

Might be cool

Scootaloo.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 28th, 2011 @ 12:53 AM Reply

Lauren Faust herself said that she would return.

Probalby

IDK
:Are alicorns naturally born?
Maybe

Maybe
:Favorite non-BG, non-mane6 pony?
LUUUUUUUNAAAAAA!

Which you can guess from my sig.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 28th, 2011 @ 05:09 AM Reply

At 9/28/11 12:02 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Grimdark done right. (Party of One)

Party of Two Clop version of that episode :)

I have to say since the topic of grimdark has come up, I do like it for example Cupcakes, however the majority is crap. I do enjoy a good well made story, but thats just the problem, most of them aren't good and well made. Take Rainbow Factory for example all I have heard of that one so far makes it seem rubbish to me, I dislike OC it ruins the feel of characters to me, especially to have them in such a main position, also in general the other stuff makes it sound like all it was made for was to be grimdark, and not to be a story.
Cupcakes though it was grimdark had style, Pinkie kept her party attitude all the way through and it made her character actually seem like thats how she would be if she was pyschotic, rather than just oh look the character is now psychotic apparently like most grimdarks do. The way Rainbow Dash slowly descented from struggling her own arrogance and just ending up wanting to go home really felt like an actual character being destroyed, rather than just a character being killed off for some random paragraphs of grimdark.

There is grimdark out there that is good, but sadly most is shadowed by people who are just trying to copy the successful ones. For example Fluttershy's Sink which I made I focused on the characters and how Fluttershy slowly descented into nothing to eventually accept her place. I am glad some people have liked it as I hoped for a few to, but I never made it just to be one of those "hey look its grimdark" pieces. I had the idea come to me and thought it would be a interesting thing to write so I writ it. Glad I did to.

Hopefully she will.

As long as its good.

Lyra.

Seems like they are, don't know for sure, there has been fanfictions of having Twilight becoming one to take over after Celestia passed on which I liked, but they aren't canon to the story but as a side fan story it seems good.

YES!

Trixie and Luna.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Sep. 28th, 2011 @ 10:03 AM Reply

At 9/28/11 12:02 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Grimdark done right. (Party of One)

Will be sure to read it later today. The remixes from round four of the remix wars were not too bad at all. Also I have one of shrimpchris's remixes from youtube and to be honest, your remix is not too awful bad shrimpchris.

Will do.

Some questions:

Hopefully a good chance of it.

Well I have not heard it yet so I don't have much to say about it.

BonBon, Lyra, Doctor Whooves

No idea, maybe they are and if they are then maybe Discord was the last one and had a very different mindset from the rest, who knows.

Season 1, episode 1 and 2 gives kind of a backstory to them but I guess having an episode specifically just showing us their past would be nice to see.

Have not seen the roster so hopefully.....
Trixie, Ditzy Doo, Gilda, Cuite Mark Crusaders

BBS Signature