Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-12-03 05:01:00 Reply

At 11/29/15 11:16 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Did anyone else think that Starlight was 100000x more op'd than when the mane 6 first encountered her? It's like she's been secretly training during whole season just to exact her vengeance. I'd even go so far as to say that she surpasses unicorn Twilight's magical abilities since her alicorn form alone wasn't enough to take her down. Starlight was simply too powerful and cunning for Twi; I don't think that's ever happened before. I mean c'mon, Starlight has a handle on freakin cloudwalking spells AND self-levitation flight.

Otherwise, the finale was surprisingly dark.

/spoilers

I actually agree, but I think it was a good thing.

imo, for a while now, the finales have all been solved by queuing the Power of Friendship trope; and although the intent behind this may be good, for me it felt somewhat cheap and alienating in many ways. Even last season's epic finale, as awesome as it was, it was disappointing to me when it was solved by simply invoking the power of friendship.

With this, Twi had to actually reason with her enemy, when before she could just blast though them with what the show, and everything that was simply handed to her. unlike previous finales, it didn't feel like she had all the problems solved before the fight began, she actually had to adapt; this made her very likable, and interesting as a character to me; when before I found her pretentious and arrogant.

In short, this episode felt like they where showing us why something was good rather then just telling us; a quality I liked. I enjoyed this finale.

At 11/30/15 05:25 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Has anybody seen this video compilation? It's only a month old and already has 1.5 million views

"MLP The Deleted Scenes" it's quite funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSABhkIZmR8

I watched it. Some good stuff.

I could just imagine what kind of crazy reaction people would have to those kissing scenes if there where part of an actual show; especially fights between sjw/Tumblerinas and people like those on Fox News.

To Destiny
“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-12-03 10:11:56 Reply

At 12/3/15 05:01 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: In short, this episode felt like they where showing us why something was good rather then just telling us; a quality I liked. I enjoyed this finale.

My only real issue was what set off Starlight in the first place when her friend got his cutiemark and abandoned her. The Mane 6 ruining her plans for running her town was slightly more credible. All this because of that? Really? Granted, she didn't know that what she was doing was creating various apocalyptic alternate timelines because she spent most of her time in an isolated-

....Actually it's starting to make a lot more sense to me, now that I'm typing it out. Starlight DIDN'T know those things would happen because she never knew of/believed in the Elements of Harmony OR knew about major villains like Nightmare Moon, King Sombra, Queen Chrysalis, or Tirek. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the triggering event was vastly disproportionate to the resulting madness. However now that I consider her being completely unaware of the consequences of altering the Elements, it seems less trite.

Huh.

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-12-03 11:57:50 Reply

At 12/3/15 05:01 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 11/30/15 05:25 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Has anybody seen this video compilation? It's only a month old and already has 1.5 million views

"MLP The Deleted Scenes" it's quite funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSABhkIZmR8
I watched it. Some good stuff.

I could just imagine what kind of crazy reaction people would have to those kissing scenes if there where part of an actual show; especially fights between sjw/Tumblerinas and people like those on Fox News.

When something like that happens, it's usually fox getting outraged, and then tumblr being outraged at their outrage. Don't forget Twitter as well. I have never seen an application used for complaining more than Twitter. Hell, there's more bitching going on there than Yelp

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2016-01-10 13:35:48 Reply

WOOH! We have a preview image for season 6! Hopefully this means that the new season starts soon.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
VGmasters
VGmasters
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2016-02-06 20:22:22 Reply

How would you like a sequel show that takes place several hundred years after the events of FiM? It would have completely new characters, with the exception of Celestia, Luna, Discord, and possibly even Spike.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2016-02-07 06:20:09 Reply

At 2/6/16 08:22 PM, VGmasters wrote: How would you like a sequel show that takes place several hundred years after the events of FiM? It would have completely new characters, with the exception of Celestia, Luna, Discord, and possibly even Spike.

What about Twilight and Cadence? They are princesses which equate to goddesses in this world. Do princesses have immortality?

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2016-02-07 06:42:05 Reply

At 2/7/16 06:20 AM, The-Great-One wrote: What about Twilight and Cadence? They are princesses which equate to goddesses in this world. Do princesses have immortality?

I would say no. Looking at Luna and Celestia, it's understood they were born/created as alicorns and have demonstated agelessness since the first episode. Cadance was born as a pegasus but was later on turned into an alicorn by Celestia. As we can see from flashbacks of Cadance, she appears to have aged normally. Twilight underwent the same transformation as Cadance so I figure she isn't immortal in any way.

Also, former mlp:fim writer Meghan McCarthy has gone on record saying that Twi won't outlive her friends for being an alicorn. If we did fastforward several hundred years into the future, I'm sure it would just be the two sisters unless they decided to create more "incomplete" alicorns.

Then again, there's always magically prolonging one's life which opens a whole nother can of worms...

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2016-02-07 19:06:35 Reply

At 2/7/16 06:42 AM, TailsPrower wrote: I would say no. Looking at Luna and Celestia, it's understood they were born/created as alicorns and have demonstated agelessness since the first episode. Cadance was born as a pegasus but was later on turned into an alicorn by Celestia. As we can see from flashbacks of Cadance, she appears to have aged normally. Twilight underwent the same transformation as Cadance so I figure she isn't immortal in any way.

I can understand this. There is a book that does say that Celestia and Luna were born as alicorns.