Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-11 11:50:58 Reply

At 4/11/15 11:40 AM, HomicidialFrog wrote:
At 4/11/15 11:32 AM, Eddmario wrote: HA! Angel finally got kicked.
And of course Spike would have a Rarity plushie.
Shit, I forget the new ep comes out today.

You and me both.

I'm sure I can catch it else where soon.

“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-11 19:16:30 Reply

Freakin loved this week's episode! And yeah... I kinda forgot there's new poni every saturday now XD

I got a feeling those confetti cannons are gonna be a recurring thing this season.

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-11 19:39:40 Reply

At 4/11/15 07:16 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Freakin loved this week's episode! And yeah... I kinda forgot there's new poni every saturday now XD

I got a feeling those confetti cannons are gonna be a recurring thing this season.

I saw it earlier and I liked it, it reminded me somewhat of me moving around a lot.

Also, I can only imagine how many heart attacks and general chaos Pinkie can cause with those hidden confetti cannons, especially since she has access to Celestia.

“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-15 02:05:29 Reply

So the newest episode Castle Sweet Castle. I'm a bit late when posting about this, even though I did see it on Saturday. I just need to compile what I wanted into words. First off a little story time...

Whenever I watch a movie, TV show, or video game, I normally don't cry at the tearjerker emotional moments. Oh yeah, they're fucking sad, but they're nothing that I go bawling over. The first time was when I was watching The Brave Little Toaster and the Air Conditioner got fixed, that brought a tear to my eye. The episode "Mother's Day" from Rugrats still makes me cry to this day with the poem at the end... FUCK THAT POEM! The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, when Link returns the Master Sword, Navi flies away, and you hear those beautiful bells as Link leaves The Temple of Time. My 8-Year Old me was crying like a fucking baby and it still gets me teary-eyed to this day.

Now with all of that being said, this episode was pretty good. Usually I can predict these episodes from time to time. However this season has been surprising to me. I knew that Twilight's friends were going to make the castle feel like home to them, and then I thought they would just split up and decorate different rooms and/or bring books into her castle. I was partially right, but I missed a part.

The chandelier made from the roots of the Golden Oak Library so Twilight would never forget where she came from with her memories placed on jewels on the tree, so she can make new memories. That is just fucking beautiful... because in terms of writing it means that after each new adventure a new jewel can be added. Also it made Twilight extremely happy. And it did going from old to new perfectly. This is just one of those perfectly written things that I can find on faults with.

When Twilight is happy to the point of crying with her friends... I was also crying. It is just that good.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-15 14:49:26 Reply

I thought it was nice of Twilight to offer Spike a part of the castle that was solely his. I'm getting tired of the show using him as the whole 'Oh, boys are silly' gag.

[Join my community, weakling!] - [Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-16 14:24:43 Reply

At 4/15/15 02:05 AM, The-Great-One wrote: When Twilight is happy to the point of crying with her friends... I was also crying. It is just that good.

Yeah, that part was tugging at my heartstrings. You can even notice how Twi was just awestruck as her friends in the background were explaining what they did with the chandelier.

Beautiful episode, certainly in keeping with the hype this season.

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-16 15:02:41 Reply

At 4/15/15 02:49 PM, Sectus wrote: I thought it was nice of Twilight to offer Spike a part of the castle that was solely his. I'm getting tired of the show using him as the whole 'Oh, boys are silly' gag.

Yeah they do continuously put him in that trope. The Mane 6 are also put into tropes that fit with the young girl demographic. You have to remember though, that is the main market here... young girls and for a young girl show it does phenomenally well. Remember, this got a big buzz among older males because of 4chan.

Yet those who still love the show because it is a good kids show and a good animated show, are still here. The ones who were on board because of the fad appeal have disappeared.

Yeah they fall into these tropes still, but they're always learning more and more. Also remember this, boys and girls are different and they look at each other in different ways. Spike does this with the girls multiple times.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-17 09:45:58 Reply

At 4/16/15 03:02 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Yeah they fall into these tropes still, but they're always learning more and more. Also remember this, boys and girls are different and they look at each other in different ways. Spike does this with the girls multiple times.

Perhaps it is a bad way for me to look at the way the show is produced, but perhaps not. I'm not saying that they should directly appeal to the male fanbase, because I'm fairly certain the show would fail if that happened. I'm also not saying that they should never do that.

What I mean to say is that sometimes the show needs to put the jokes aside and demonstrate that the characters do genuinely care for one another, and don't just always use each other for gags. Some may argue that such seriousness doesn't exactly have a place in a children's cartoon, but if what we're trying to do is educate them in kindness and friendship, being genuine should be a very important lesson to teach.

[Join my community, weakling!] - [Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-17 12:40:08 Reply

At 4/17/15 09:45 AM, Sectus wrote: What I mean to say is that sometimes the show needs to put the jokes aside and demonstrate that the characters do genuinely care for one another, and don't just always use each other for gags. Some may argue that such seriousness doesn't exactly have a place in a children's cartoon, but if what we're trying to do is educate them in kindness and friendship, being genuine should be a very important lesson to teach.

Um... they do show genuine care for one another. Episodes I can list for this being The Crystal Empire, Hurricane Fluttershy, Sisterhooves Social, and our latest episode Castle Sweet Castle.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer

So, looks like we were right about at least 1 of the CMC getting their cutie marks this season. We just didn't think it would've been Babs.

Edit: New MLP drinking game: Take a drink each time the Apple Family's barn is destroyed.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer

At 4/18/15 11:33 AM, Eddmario wrote: So, looks like we were right about at least 1 of the CMC getting their cutie marks this season. We just didn't think it would've been Babs.

Whoops, I really need to remember there's probably going to be spoilers in my NG feed each Saturday for the next few months.

Help Me

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate

At 4/18/15 11:33 AM, Eddmario wrote: So, looks like we were right about at least 1 of the CMC getting their cutie marks this season. We just didn't think it would've been Babs.

It's a good thing you posted here, otherwise I would of forgotten about this week again.

Anyway, it seems interesting so far.

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate

I just watched it, and I liked it.

I don't want to spoil anything, but it seemed surprisingly mature for a children's show. It's message can be interpreted to something just as relevant for teens and young adults as it is to children, and it did this without having to cite some friendship solves everything BS. It's a strong message of confidence and identity.

I really enjoyed this one.

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-18 19:37:12 Reply

All the recent pancakes in this season is making me think it's foreshadowing that the season finale villain will either be associated with pancakes or is defeated by them.

Help Me

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-18 22:10:35 Reply

At 4/18/15 12:07 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: I really enjoyed this one.

Agreed. The moral is like that from Simple Ways, where it's applicable to children, teens, and adults alike. Solid episode, but...

we need to go deeper.

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-20 12:22:12 Reply

I like the fact that they're stuffing Luna into the role of a mother character of sorts, but I'd still really like to see Luna and Celestia just being sisters - doing stuff like teasing each other, playing games, getting mad at each other over little stuff, etc.

I want to know more about the secondaries, damn it.

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-21 17:42:34 Reply

At 4/21/15 05:29 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: This is the last magazine I'd have expected to run an article on bronies.

Wow, they're four years late. They've really only just noticed?

Help Me

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-21 19:54:54 Reply

At 4/21/15 05:29 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: This is the last magazine I'd have expected to run an article on bronies.

I was just about to post the Equestria Daily article on that.

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-22 08:19:36 Reply

Gotta love Sweetie Bell

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer

Man, the faces this season are priceless.

Edit: Holy crap! They just did a "Who's on first" gag. That was awesome.

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-25 11:41:35 Reply

At 4/25/15 11:39 AM, Eddmario wrote: Man, the faces this season are priceless.

Keep posting every weekend, otherwise I'll keep forgetting about the new episodes.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-26 07:57:52 Reply

I think this week's episode is my new favorite. I just loved everything about it, and the characters just felt realer than usual, ya know?

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-26 14:50:05 Reply

As someone who has lost a beloved pet before, I know how Dash felt through the episode. Hell, I almost teared up a little during it as well.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-26 19:07:01 Reply

At 4/26/15 07:57 AM, TailsPrower wrote: I think this week's episode is my new favorite. I just loved everything about it, and the characters just felt realer than usual, ya know?

Is destroying a factory necessary to maintaining a societal function 'real' to you? This was a wash-out episode.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-26 19:53:29 Reply

At 4/26/15 07:07 PM, Sectus wrote: Is destroying a factory necessary to maintaining a societal function 'real' to you? This was a wash-out episode.

I disagree, sure Friendship is Terrorism but the interactions between the characters this episode felt more genuine. Also it's a cartoon incase you need to be reminded. Lighten up.

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-26 20:25:02 Reply

At 4/26/15 07:53 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 4/26/15 07:07 PM, Sectus wrote: Is destroying a factory necessary to maintaining a societal function 'real' to you? This was a wash-out episode.
I disagree, sure Friendship is Terrorism

Does this mean Rainbow Dash is on the no fly list? I hope not.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2015-04-27 00:21:19 Reply

The writing for the episodes has been perfect. I have had no complaints about it at all. This week's episode Tanks For The Memories is no exception. It shows that if you're going through something tough or are having trouble admitting something, at times it is just best to get it all out of your system... which I went through recently.

The song in this episode entitled "I'll Fly" seems like Daniel Ingram took inspiration from the "Wicked" musical, specifically with the song "Defying Gravity". It is also my new favorite song from the show. Oh yeah and the Game of Thrones quote "Winter Is Coming" was a nice touch also, seeing as that show also has a huge fanbase behind it and is in its 5th Season as well.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer

At 4/26/15 07:53 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I disagree, sure Friendship is Terrorism but the interactions between the characters this episode felt more genuine. Also it's a cartoon incase you need to be reminded. Lighten up.

It being a cartoon doesn't automatically exempt it from criticism. In fact, we as people should be more critical of the show considering it is used to teach children moral lessons. If they're going to teach a lesson, they shouldn't be teaching that it's okay to constantly do something stupid without just talking through it with your friends and family.

Even if I was being over-critical (which I am), you've met and know me. Being over-critical is in my nature.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer