• 7,300 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-12-15 12:12:55 (edited 2014-12-15 12:19:29) Reply

At 12/15/14 02:43 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 12/15/14 12:40 AM, Eddmario wrote: So, any theories on what might happen in the movie we're getting in a couple years?

Personally, maybe Sunset Shimmer will return to Equestria.
I hope Cadance gets murdered and Shining Armor embarks on a bloody path for vengeance.

Assassin's Creed: Equestria

At 12/15/14 08:04 AM, Sectus wrote: How about an episode that introduces the morals of reality? Cadence has been cheating on Shining along. Despite this fact, she still takes half his shit when they divorce.

Maybe an episode where cadence is late filing her taxes and has to suffers some financial, and political consequences because of it.

Can't get more real then that. :P

As for darker things, I can't help but be curious about how Fluttershy may respond to something like euthanasia.

“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-12-18 02:45:27 Reply

I'm sure some of you have heard the news on EQD or other sources, another tragedy has struck. A 19 year old Brony was driven to suicide recently due to constant online bullying and attacks. A guy like you and me. I can never endorse suicide as a solution to this kind of problem, but the fact that a young man was tormented to death for liking a silly show about friendship is beyond reproach.

I pray for our fallen Brony and his loved ones. I also pray for those among the bullies who suffer with guilt so that they may live to help others, and just punishment to those who are without remorse.

Let us remember to not let haters determine whether or not we can be ourselves. Seek the company of those who accept us for who we are. With a community like this, there are too many amazing human beings in our numbers to ever truly be alone. Let us never forget these things.

Good night, Adam Smith. Rest in peace.

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-12-18 08:17:33 Reply

At 12/18/14 02:45 AM, TailsPrower wrote:

Happened months ago but sucks it still occurred. The fact people intentionally went out of their way to harass the dude to his breaking point where he felt he could no longer live is awful.

Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-12-18 09:05:06 Reply

At 12/18/14 08:17 AM, NekoMika wrote:
At 12/18/14 02:45 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
Happened months ago but sucks it still occurred. The fact people intentionally went out of their way to harass the dude to his breaking point where he felt he could no longer live is awful.

As someone who is very experienced with bullying and certain other things, I think the biggest tragedy is that he let them get himself to this point.

Personally, I try to avoid all drama, but if I find myself too personally invested in something, I cut my ties and take a break. This may seem kind of cold to some, but it works for me.

“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-12-18 10:20:28 Reply

At 12/18/14 02:45 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Good night, Adam Smith. Rest in peace.

Terrible that he had to go out like that. You just have to remind yourself that you're better than the haters, no matter what.

FinaLee
FinaLee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-12-18 11:36:22 Reply

Hello, bronies and pegasisters. I am planning on watching the first few episodes of MLP: Friendship is Magic tonight for the first time ever, and I don't know what I'm getting into. As an outsider, I have a few questions I would like to ask to help better understand the show and community. Sorry if they've been asked a million times before.

1. What should I expect these first few episodes?

2. Is there a message behind all of this?

3. Is it the community that you gravitate more towards, or the show itself?

4. How active are you in the community? I know there's lots of people who write fanfiction, compose MLP-themed music, and all that.

5. It's a common mindset for someone who doesn't like a group to see some of the worst members in that group and refer them to be representatives of the entire community, so what would you consider to be some of the best representatives of the brony community? This can be anybody from a celebrity to a close friend.

Thanks!

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-12-18 12:04:22 Reply

At 12/18/14 11:36 AM, FinaLee wrote: 1. What should I expect these first few episodes?

They definitely leave a lot to be desired, but they get better as you move up in the seasons. Don't expect anything spectacular from season one.

Be kind to thy fellow human. Basically, just be nice and respectful to everybody else.

I used to gravitate toward the community, but in growing older I have come to the opinion that most of the community is too eccentric for my particular tastes. This isn't necessarily to say that I don't get along with anyone in the community. This thread of people is a great group, and I'm friends with pretty much all of them.

4. How active are you in the community? I know there's lots of people who write fanfiction, compose MLP-themed music, and all that.

I used to write fan fiction pretty frequently, but I gave it up as a fruitless endeavor. I still try and stick with a small portion of the community by posting here and on the MLPForums.

5. It's a common mindset for someone who doesn't like a group to see some of the worst members in that group and refer them to be representatives of the entire community, so what would you consider to be some of the best representatives of the brony community? This can be anybody from a celebrity to a close friend.

The best representatives of our community are the ones who are least recognizable as a part of it. It is the bronies that are too showy, constantly wear show-oriented shirts and so-on that are misrepresenting us. The idea is not to push our interests on others, but to passively enjoy it and those who are interested, such as yourself, will come to us themselves.

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-12-18 17:22:57 Reply

At 12/18/14 11:36 AM, FinaLee wrote: Hello, bronies and pegasisters. I am planning on watching the first few episodes of MLP: Friendship is Magic tonight for the first time ever, and I don't know what I'm getting into. As an outsider, I have a few questions I would like to ask to help better understand the show and community. Sorry if they've been asked a million times before.

1. What should I expect these first few episodes?

As far as the very first ones, They really are not that great, or at very least, they are not the reason I got into the show.

The show provides a basic moral message if that is what you mean.

With other then a select few (like the people in this club) I'd say the show.

Other then this topic here, not at all really. I mean, I don't hide being a fan of the show, but I don't go everywhere talking about it. if I am somewhere having a discussion, and the topic naturally goes to MLP I'll talk about it, but otherwise no.

The people here are pretty good, but I couldn't say anything as far as a specific role model. Just don't get too caught up in needless drama and maintain a good sense of humor about things.

Thanks!

No problem! hope you enjoy yourself.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-12-21 01:18:46 (edited 2014-12-21 01:20:51) Reply

Alright, it's been forever since we had one of these discussions:

Who is your best pony?

At a glance, you would probably guess mine's Applejack. WELL YOU'RE WRONG.

...actually you're, uh, right.

You see, AJ's my best pony because she's arguably the most qualified leader out of the mane 6 - but one of the things that makes her so interesting is that she's rarely seen taking up that mantle, letting us see how she bounces off others when a natural leader is being led by crazies. She's got a level head through most situations and approaches problems in a manner that makes sense to her and (often to the audience). Basically she's the anchor of the group, the straight-man. She is a point of reference to how a rational character fits into the big picture.
Also it's fair to say at this point that she's the most mentally stable out of the mane cast, but she's got her own baggage to carry as well. It's strongly implied that AJ lost her parents at an early age and was forced to grow up quickly so she could take care of the family business at Sweet Apple Acres. In spite of learning some of life's hardest lessons as a small filly, you can see she uses this as motivation to excel in whatever she sets her mind to.
Plus as the seasons went by, you can tell she kinda picked up some sarcasm and skepticism from Twilight which works wonderfully for her character, all the while being down to earth and practical. You can see she's learned her lessons from previous episodes like when she graciously accepted her friends' help in the Cider episode. The fact that she doesn't need magic or wings to prove time and again that she's a valuable member of the team really won me over too. Also she wrote the best letter to Princess Celestia.

Behold, ladies, my best pony Applejack!

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-12-21 03:10:04 (edited 2014-12-21 03:10:55) Reply

At 12/21/14 01:18 AM, TailsPrower wrote: I'm a dumb idiot and like picking silly horses for best pony

Fluttershy is my best pony because she's the most aesthetically pleasing pony, is the gentlest, and always thinks of a solution that doesn't hurt anyone.

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-12-21 04:00:16 Reply

At 12/21/14 03:10 AM, Sectus wrote:
At 12/21/14 01:18 AM, TailsPrower wrote: I'm a dumb idiot and like picking silly horses for best pony

Shut your whore mouth, you </3

BBS Signature