At 12/18/14 11:36 AM, FinaLee wrote:
1. What should I expect these first few episodes?
They definitely leave a lot to be desired, but they get better as you move up in the seasons. Don't expect anything spectacular from season one.
2. Is there a message behind all of this?
Be kind to thy fellow human. Basically, just be nice and respectful to everybody else.
3. Is it the community that you gravitate more towards, or the show itself?
I used to gravitate toward the community, but in growing older I have come to the opinion that most of the community is too eccentric for my particular tastes. This isn't necessarily to say that I don't get along with anyone in the community. This thread of people is a great group, and I'm friends with pretty much all of them.
4. How active are you in the community? I know there's lots of people who write fanfiction, compose MLP-themed music, and all that.
I used to write fan fiction pretty frequently, but I gave it up as a fruitless endeavor. I still try and stick with a small portion of the community by posting here and on the MLPForums.
5. It's a common mindset for someone who doesn't like a group to see some of the worst members in that group and refer them to be representatives of the entire community, so what would you consider to be some of the best representatives of the brony community? This can be anybody from a celebrity to a close friend.
The best representatives of our community are the ones who are least recognizable as a part of it. It is the bronies that are too showy, constantly wear show-oriented shirts and so-on that are misrepresenting us. The idea is not to push our interests on others, but to passively enjoy it and those who are interested, such as yourself, will come to us themselves.