New Topic Respond to this Topic
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-03 11:02:11 Reply

The episode was pretty good. Those magic disabling gates are a neat concept as well.

Also, the preview for the finale during the commercial breaks makes me think the villain is in fact Tirak from the Gen 1 pilot.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-04 00:50:49 Reply

This was a really nice episode. Spike is adorable. Next Saturday is the finale, I'll be watching it live on a projected screen in a bookstore full of over 50 Bronies.

This is going to be awesome.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-04 05:21:22 Reply

Personally, I was kinda disappointed with this episode. We've had a handful of episodes centered around the preparation of the Equestrian Games. All that build up and this is what we get?

[SPOILER ALERT]
We get an episode about Spike dealing with stage fright? I'm pretty sure we've had this scenario played to death with Fluttershy and at least one time with Rainbow Dash. The Games were quite overshadowed by Spike of all characters. The epic maneuver towards the end kinda helped compensate for it, but overall I felt let down that this is all we get for such a huge event.

I agree that the magic neutralization gate was an interesting concept. Come at me unicornfags.
[/spoilers]

I'll have to catch the season finale a month after it comes out. I leave to train at a desert for about 4 weeks with my unit next week. Buck my life :c

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-04 07:53:14 Reply

At 5/4/14 05:21 AM, TailsPrower wrote: I'll have to catch the season finale a month after it comes out. I leave to train at a desert for about 4 weeks with my unit next week. Buck my life :c

What do you do, kick apple trees in groups?

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-04 14:42:44 Reply

At 5/4/14 07:53 AM, Conal wrote: What do you do, kick apple trees in groups?

That is confidential. If I told you I'd have to buck you in the face. All over it.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-04 22:27:05 Reply

Just checked the cable guide to see if they had a summary for the finale yet and it looks like the HUB is gonna be airing all the key episodes back-to-back leading up to the finale.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-04 22:30:50 Reply

At 5/4/14 02:42 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 5/4/14 07:53 AM, Conal wrote: What do you do, kick apple trees in groups?
That is confidential. If I told you I'd have to buck you in the face. All over it.

Okay! Chill out, Apple Jack.

Apple Jack: dank u very much, senpai^3^

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-04 23:00:34 Reply

At 5/4/14 10:30 PM, Conal wrote: Okay! Chill out, Apple Jack.

Apple Jack: dank u very much, senpai^3^

Dat 1-hitter. Reminds me of my half-college days. Why must you torment me so? Especially with bestpone? D:D:D:D:D:

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-06 12:49:25 Reply

TV Guide released a preview of a song from the finale.

Don't click if you don't want spoilers of somepony who hasn't sung yet singing

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-07 00:09:03 Reply

New preview clip for the finale names the villain.

Yes, it's who we thought it was...

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-10 11:02:13 Reply

Best. Finale. EVER!

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-10 20:51:53 Reply

At 5/10/14 11:02 AM, Eddmario wrote: Best. Finale. EVER!

I agree. Everything was appropriately proportioned, from real emotions, humour, relating to friendship and excitement for season continuation. It was indeed the best finale ever. I really like how Discord is still considered a friend and such.

I thought Twilight's castle would be a renovated and redecorated rendering of Luna & Celestia's old castle, but this is even better. I watched it in a rented out book-store on a projected screen, with about 50 Bronies. Everyone is so awesome there, some crazy things happened too in public. I cringed a little, but it was all good fun.

Bronies are awesome.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-11 09:09:18 Reply

At 5/10/14 11:02 AM, Eddmario wrote: Best. Finale. EVER!

It was really good. Seeing MLP go DBZ was awesome. Twilight getting her own castle in Ponyville instead of the old one getting fixed up was a bit of a surprise but it works for me. Even Discord seemed to really learn something this time.

Great way to end a very good season. Let's just hope the next one comes sooner than later.

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... Check my blog. My podcast: The Freakacast!

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-15 06:20:19 Reply

Can any of you guys spot me? Zachary got this in a similar image, first time.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-16 14:59:35 Reply

Can someone tell me what has actually happened within the fandom to cause a lot of anger? I know by now that a lot of the fans can be annoying and weird, but a lot of people who dislike it seem to have much bigger reasons and basically something has happened and I wasn't fully aware of it at the time. I don't know if it was the copyright infringement, rape threats and online harassment by the fans or just something else, but I don't know.

I'm not really a fan anymore but I still get annoyed when ever the hole fandom is shun in a bad light, I'm wondering if any of you lot know about anything that has happened and whether anyone in the fandom had been trying to combat this.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-17 01:03:33 Reply

At 5/16/14 02:59 PM, MrPercie wrote: Can someone tell me what has actually happened within the fandom to cause a lot of anger? I know by now that a lot of the fans can be annoying and weird, but a lot of people who dislike it seem to have much bigger reasons and basically something has happened and I wasn't fully aware of it at the time. I don't know if it was the copyright infringement, rape threats and online harassment by the fans or just something else, but I don't know.

I'm not really a fan anymore but I still get annoyed when ever the hole fandom is shun in a bad light, I'm wondering if any of you lot know about anything that has happened and whether anyone in the fandom had been trying to combat this.

The only things I can think of is the Cease and Desist against Jan Animations, as well as one of the bigger members of the fandom having their entire YouTube channel removed without any warning whatsoever.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-17 01:49:32 Reply

That season finale was awesome! I must admit that it was a bit rushed at the end, the chest just contains an ultimate power of harmony that helps them out, it's just a deus ex machina. Yeah we had a lot of build up to it, but to see what was inside the chest would have been nice. I think if they cut out the last song at the end there could have been room for it, still an awesome season finale, better than the season 3 finale and on par with the season 2 finale.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-17 06:23:03 Reply

At 5/17/14 01:03 AM, Eddmario wrote: The only things I can think of is the Cease and Desist against Jan Animations, as well as one of the bigger members of the fandom having their entire YouTube channel removed without any warning whatsoever.

Sounds like it was pretty justified for the fandom to get annoyed about, Jan animations probably didn't know any better and it was only through being popular that Hasbro took action, if what kisame said is true, it wouldn't take that much effort to add in a copyright disclaimer into the video if that is what is required to make everything ok. And removing a large youtube channel with not much reason was a dick move, not unless there is more to that story I don't know about, but off the bat of it, it just sounds like people trying to take down something they don't like.

But I wouldn't have thought it would have been those two events, I seem to remember there being a bit of a shitstorm over the Savederpy campaign and there being some arguements over people selling Plushie dolls of the show for money. That and some people being harassed by the fans.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-17 06:57:33 Reply

At 5/17/14 06:23 AM, MrPercie wrote: Sounds like it was pretty justified for the fandom to get annoyed about

Although, I'm not trying to say every way every fan reacted was therefore justified, I know bronies can be dick heads, every fandom has its share of assholes but im trying to find out whether this fandom has any more assholes than the norm.

Not every fan knows what every other fan has does, so when the fans have done something bad, all the other fans are going to be confused because all they're going to hear is the people getting annoyed but having no clue what has actually happened to cause it. So then you get just massive arguments between people being dicks on both sides.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-26 17:21:18 Reply

This gave me an idea to keep this topic alive while we wait for Rainbow Rocks and/or season 5. If you could create concept for an episode, what would the synopsis for it be? Here's an example:

Ponypalooza: A big music festival is being held in Ponyville and the mane 6 all help set it up. Rainbow's cousin shows up as the guitarist for one of the performing bands, but things take a turn for the worst when he introduces the mane 6 to the drummer, who turns out to have a past with Rainbow and a deep hatred for Pinkie. Andrew W.K. guest stars as Rainbow's cousin.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-27 01:10:07 Reply

I think a pie baking contest would be pretty cool. With Pinkie Pie and Applejack at each others throats.

Or you know doing another accapella episode with Pentatonix as guests.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-28 23:29:48 Reply

Apparently Watch_Dogs MIGHT have a not to us bronies, but some people are saying the image is shopped.

Speaking of which, this happened on the official Xbox twitter today.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-05-30 21:01:01 Reply

Oh hey, I just realized that 3 years ago this weekend is when I became a brony.

BBS Signature
Yert
Yert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-06-01 18:04:39 Reply

Sorry guys, but I've been on /mlp/ for two or so years now. Much better discussion.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-06-11 15:53:58 Reply

At 6/1/14 06:04 PM, Yert wrote: Sorry guys, but I've been on /mlp/ for two or so years now. Much better discussion.

I love lunas singing voice.. but if you compare it to rarity's they are almost identical.. just a bit deeper. I know she does the voices of both but still.. more singing luna please.

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-06-17 13:59:47 Reply

The season finale made my jaw drop. I also came. In my mouth. On accident. Seriously though, that was some DBZ-tier shit.

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-06-18 16:51:23 Reply

At 6/17/14 01:59 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Seriously though, that was some DBZ-tier shit.

So you're saying it was terrible?

War is Peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Ignorance is Strength.

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-06-18 18:01:39 Reply

At 6/18/14 04:51 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote: So you're saying it was terrible?

Fuck you homie, you're terrible. The finale, however, was awesomeness.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-06-18 22:35:15 Reply

At 6/18/14 06:01 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Fuck you homie, you're terrible. The finale, however, was awesomeness

I'll say it was pretty cool, but some more clarity would have been nice. Deus ex machina this thing with no explanation behind it. It was some DBZ-tier shit.

Danluz
Danluz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2014-06-22 14:36:59 Reply

Ponies
Are
Really
Awesome

I have to go do some busy stuff.