TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 21st, 2014 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 3/21/14 01:35 PM, MrPercie wrote: Yeah, I could see it might actually a better thing to not let him wear it, boys liking girl things is just always going to be attacked by other kids so the easiest way to stop the kid being bullied is removing the prime item.

Is it time for another school shooting already?

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 21st, 2014 @ 08:17 PM Reply

At 3/21/14 04:50 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 3/21/14 01:35 PM, MrPercie wrote: Yeah, I could see it might actually a better thing to not let him wear it, boys liking girl things is just always going to be attacked by other kids so the easiest way to stop the kid being bullied is removing the prime item.
Is it time for another school shooting already?

I can't get away from this subject today. We were talking about Jeff Weise in the general forums, and it has just made my skin crawl. Not to mention sirtom93, and LiveCorpse.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 22nd, 2014 @ 06:35 AM Reply

At 3/22/14 02:50 AM, Eddmario wrote: Looks like Hasbro is trying to kill the fandom.

What I want to know is, how does his animations differ from other parody animations like pokemon ones?

Like is it because most of them are made to be somewhat canon and they come off better than the actual show?

Because it seems like we have always had fan created animations and videos of shows, never was a big deal.

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 22nd, 2014 @ 10:56 AM Reply

At 3/22/14 02:50 AM, Eddmario wrote: Looks like Hasbro is trying to kill the fandom.

Not kill, purify. They wish to purify the fandom whilst raking in unclaimed demographics.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 22nd, 2014 @ 11:15 AM Reply

At 3/22/14 06:35 AM, MrPercie wrote:
What I want to know is, how does his animations differ from other parody animations like pokemon ones?

Like is it because most of them are made to be somewhat canon and they come off better than the actual show?

Because it seems like we have always had fan created animations and videos of shows, never was a big deal.

I think it might have to do with the fact that the animation style was the same as the show's...

Still, they could have just sent him a letter saying to put a disclaimer and it would have been fine.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 22nd, 2014 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 3/22/14 11:15 AM, Eddmario wrote:

I think it might have to do with the fact that the animation style was the same as the show's...

Still, they could have just sent him a letter saying to put a disclaimer and it would have been fine.

They wouldn't have to send him anything if he just used a disclaimer in the first place.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 23rd, 2014 @ 07:16 AM Reply

Welp. I guess Hasbro is trying to become a member of the Copyright Gestapo. Season 4 has been one big party so far, and Hasbro just carpet bombed it with that stunt. Thanks for putting a damper on the rest of the season you pricks.

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 23rd, 2014 @ 06:06 PM Reply

Just got back from a big meet-up, there was like more than 40 of us.

I didn't take any pictures at the event, but I snapped this one afterwards:

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 26th, 2014 @ 06:31 AM Reply

Well, let's put it into some context.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 26th, 2014 @ 07:40 AM Reply

At 3/22/14 03:34 PM, kisame wrote: They wouldn't have to send him anything if he just used a disclaimer in the first place.

I don't really understand how putting a disclaimer would have made this entire thing not an issue. Its still not copyrighted material.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 26th, 2014 @ 07:42 AM Reply

At 3/26/14 07:40 AM, MrPercie wrote: I don't really understand how putting a disclaimer would have made this entire thing not an issue. Its still not copyrighted material.

It still IS copyrighted material, used the wrong word.

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 26th, 2014 @ 08:34 AM Reply

At 3/26/14 07:40 AM, MrPercie wrote:
At 3/22/14 03:34 PM, kisame wrote: They wouldn't have to send him anything if he just used a disclaimer in the first place.
I don't really understand how putting a disclaimer would have made this entire thing not an issue. Its still not copyrighted material.

Of course it is! He used their characters ( Button Mash and Sweetie Belle) without once claiming fair use.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 26th, 2014 @ 08:38 AM Reply

At 3/26/14 08:34 AM, kisame wrote: Of course it is! He used their characters ( Button Mash and Sweetie Belle) without once claiming fair use.

But how does claiming fair use stop the fact he still made money off of their product?

Does that money go to hasbro?

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 26th, 2014 @ 08:51 AM Reply

At 3/26/14 08:38 AM, MrPercie wrote:
At 3/26/14 08:34 AM, kisame wrote: Of course it is! He used their characters ( Button Mash and Sweetie Belle) without once claiming fair use.
But how does claiming fair use stop the fact he still made money off of their product?

Does that money go to hasbro?

He tried to cash in on a merchandise driven show?! Well no wonder they went for his nads!

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 26th, 2014 @ 08:59 AM Reply

At 3/26/14 08:51 AM, kisame wrote: He tried to cash in on a merchandise driven show?! Well no wonder they went for his nads!

Well, everyone is making a big deal how its not his show and he doesn't own the right to use characters from it, but doesn't that like incriminate all fan art and fan animations of all other shows and cartoons? If it was just a simple mistake of not putting copyright free rights disclaimer at the start of his animations, then thats fine, just a simple mistake.

I can sympathise with the company trying to make money off of their product, because that's what they're there to do.

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 26th, 2014 @ 09:11 AM Reply

At 3/26/14 08:59 AM, MrPercie wrote:
At 3/26/14 08:51 AM, kisame wrote: He tried to cash in on a merchandise driven show?! Well no wonder they went for his nads!
Well, everyone is making a big deal how its not his show and he doesn't own the right to use characters from it, but doesn't that like incriminate all fan art and fan animations of all other shows and cartoons?

That varies from franchise to franchise. Mr. Swift (Aka Shadyvox) made the mistake of going after one of the few franchises with a militant legal team.

If it was just a simple mistake of not putting copyright free rights disclaimer at the start of his animations, then thats fine, just a simple mistake.

Hopefully he'll learn from it.

I hope he send Princess Celestia a letter. It's been forever since she got one.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 28th, 2014 @ 08:35 AM Reply

At 3/27/14 10:01 PM, Eddmario wrote: Looks like Hasbro released a short starring Vinyl herself as a promo for the upcoming movie. There also appears to be 7 more coming out as well.

WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB!

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 28th, 2014 @ 02:04 PM Reply

At 3/27/14 10:01 PM, Eddmario wrote: Looks like Hasbro released a short starring Vinyl herself as a promo for the upcoming movie. There also appears to be 7 more coming out as well.

I'm failing to work out why they took this approach. It doesn't quite hold itself together, for me. I'm kind of... cringing at it. It's like it was going for gold, but still ended up lame. It looks like the consequence of risky experimentation, just like the first film.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 28th, 2014 @ 02:36 PM Reply

At 3/28/14 02:04 PM, Conal wrote:

I'm failing to work out why they took this approach. It doesn't quite hold itself together, for me. I'm kind of... cringing at it. It's like it was going for gold, but still ended up lame. It looks like the consequence of risky experimentation, just like the first film.

Actually this is a hamfisted attempt to pull in the female tween-teen market.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 28th, 2014 @ 03:24 PM Reply

Im guessing hasbro removed a lot of episodes from youtube, is there anyway to watch older seasons on the Hub? they seem to allow you to watch the latest two episodes but nothing else.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 28th, 2014 @ 09:05 PM Reply

At 3/28/14 03:24 PM, MrPercie wrote: Im guessing hasbro removed a lot of episodes from youtube, is there anyway to watch older seasons on the Hub? they seem to allow you to watch the latest two episodes but nothing else.

Are you able to stream via Netflix? If so, the entire series so far, save for the current season, is on there.
If not, you can still find them on YouTube, but they might not be good quality

It's how I've been watching the episodes that have aired when I don't have access to internet, like at my grandparents' house for example

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 28th, 2014 @ 09:38 PM Reply

At 3/28/14 03:24 PM, MrPercie wrote: Im guessing hasbro removed a lot of episodes from youtube, is there anyway to watch older seasons on the Hub? they seem to allow you to watch the latest two episodes but nothing else.

Your best bet is dailymotion.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 29th, 2014 @ 11:03 AM Reply

5 keys down, 1 to go.

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 31st, 2014 @ 04:37 AM Reply

The prospect of the last episode was good, I just still didn't find it very gripping. I know they can make better episodes.

I like the multiple morals in this episode, I just prefer the way they directed their other stuff.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 31st, 2014 @ 08:06 PM Reply

At 3/29/14 11:03 AM, Eddmario wrote: 5 keys down, 1 to go.

Is Fluttershy next?

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 1st, 2014 @ 12:34 AM Reply

At 3/31/14 08:06 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote:
At 3/29/14 11:03 AM, Eddmario wrote: 5 keys down, 1 to go.
Is Fluttershy next?

Actually, she already got hers in "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies".
The next, and final, key is Twilight.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 1st, 2014 @ 01:16 PM Reply

Hey, guys. I'm going to be a dad soon!

Thread.

My ex is 6 weeks pregnant. We're going to name it Rainbow Dash Fawcett, gender isn't important.

We don't have a lot of money, so when we've had enough we can release it into the wild.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature