TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-09 22:38:56 Reply

At 12/9/13 10:41 AM, MrPercie wrote:
At 12/1/13 05:24 PM, kisame wrote: Also Twilicane is a forced meme and is therefore the new cancer killing the brony community.
Implying the community isnt already a cancer.

If Brony community is cancer, then wouldn't that make Twicane the chemo? A self neutralizing cancer, this could be HUGE.

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-12 00:48:10 Reply

Hey, I've watched like 11 and a half episodes of it so far. I stopped cringing after episode 5. I don't know why it's so addictive.

I first recognised it as a great cartoon that left me with a deep, unsettling feeling that it's not for me. But that started fading away, I think I'm somewhat hooked.

I noticed that there's a lot of Pony content on the web, I'm wondering it it appeals to creative people when they get older. People who like colours and happy things, this might be why so many Bronies are autistic and wear fedoras. Also, attracting a creative type of people might be part of the reason that the stuff Bronies produce seems to be better than what Furries create. But that's just my opinion.

I made some pony.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-12 23:52:29 Reply

Why I survived

<33/Request Reviews/Review Request Club / #9 Reviewer / #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-14 22:29:30 Reply

Behold, the best gingerbread house ever!

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-14 23:40:05 Reply

At 12/14/13 10:29 PM, Eddmario wrote: Behold, the best gingerbread house ever!

Nice. Pinkie would eat that in a millisecond.

Watching episode 4 right now. For some reason could not find eps 3-4 on youtube and the person i have been subbed to hasn't been uploading. Made me think there was a delay when the season was actually starting. :P

You know.. I kinda hope that the kids get their cutie marks sometime during the run of the show. I really like how the show progresses overall and actually has its characters grow and develop, as well as builds on it's past episodes. I just think that they can only do this self discovery thing for so long.

I think it would be nice to see the girls get their marks so that they can start to explore other areas of their characters. Since their friendships started with them wanting to get the mark together, would they then think that their group is over because they reached their goal, but then of course realize that their friendship is more than just that.

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... Check my blog. My podcast: The Freakacast!

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-15 13:27:14 Reply

Whoops.... Meant to say watching episode 5, and not being able to find eps 3-5... :P My bad.

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... Check my blog. My podcast: The Freakacast!

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-15 20:16:20 Reply

At 12/15/13 01:27 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: Whoops.... Meant to say watching episode 5, and not being able to find eps 3-5... :P My bad.

Check Dailymotion. I went there yesterday and they have a bunch of episodes up.

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-15 20:40:57 Reply

At 12/14/13 10:29 PM, Eddmario wrote: Behold, the best gingerbread house ever!

Someone sugar up Pinkie a scarf! It must be freezing amidst all that powdered sugar snow! D:

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-16 01:18:53 Reply

At 12/15/13 01:27 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: Whoops.... Meant to say watching episode 5, and not being able to find eps 3-5... :P My bad.

With the current season, check the My Little Brony section of Memebase. The new episode is usually up there withing a few hours of it airing, usually around noon for me.

The episodes air at 9:30 am for me, since I'm in Illinois.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-16 12:23:49 Reply

Have a Sweetie Bot animation:
http://pageturner1988.deviantart.com/art/Sweetiebot-Lullaby-Animated-419746665

It uses this music: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/542409

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-16 21:05:26 Reply

At 12/16/13 12:23 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: Have a Sweetie Bot animation:
http://pageturner1988.deviantart.com/art/Sweetiebot-Lullaby-Animated-419746665

It uses this music: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/542409

It sounds like something you'd hear whilst being put on hold.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-17 12:40:09 Reply

So Daring Do is real. Okay, I can buy that... it sort of harkens back to an old Arthur episode. The adventure aspect is still here, but the lesson... I didn't really get. Although with Twilight and Rainbow Dash it shows how fans can argue with each other about their favorite series, whether it be TV, books, movies, video games, or in some cases, all of the above. I saw my brother and his best friend in Twilight and Rainbow Dash in that episode.

As for the new Cutie Mark Crusaders episode, I loved the song of course, but the episode I didn't really care much for. I know this lesson, but they could have presented it in a better or at least funnier way. Also, when are one of them finally gonna get their cutie mark? One of them needs to get their cutie mark and we need a lesson about peer pressure done in a funny way. The Cutie Mark Crusader episodes are usually the weaker episodes and I don't know why that is.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-17 14:57:21 Reply

This is the most confusing thing I think I have ever witnessed, this might be the most baffling internet phenomenon in the past 10 years. I honestly think you guys managed to some how trick yourselves into enjoying a show that has absolutely ZERO entertainment value, I say that as a guy who was forced to watch a few full episodes because their little sister wouldn't relinquish the television. Before I even get to the reasons why this show has no entertainment value, I will first hypothesize how on God's green Earth it came to this. And before the taste argument comes up, I'd like to say there is a difference between enjoying something odd like calamari that not everybody likes, and then enjoying licking shit up off the ground and calling it your preference.

The entertainment phenomenon that is MLP: FiM and its cult following is one that is steeped in psychosis and the result of a mix of social and behavioral aspects. The largest of which being the outcast mentality aka the art of enjoying something completely outside of mainstream society and trying to make it your own.
I submit that NONE of you would have ever actually watched this show if it you had seen it on TV first instead of finding it online. I think that the only reason this show has any weight at all and any kind of following is the fact that a following actually exists, because of how much hate that said following gets, people are attracted to it because of this hate, they see it as a place for outcasts and weirdos, freaks and geeks alike to share a common interest and it doesn't really matter what that interest is. MLP started as a fad going as far back as 09 that people claimed they liked simply out of sheer irony, kind of like how some high school kids wear Dora the Explorer backpacks and Barney key chains, its just to be ironic. Then the most baffling thing in internet history happened, the irony received so much backlash (the intended result of doing anything ironic) that it evolved into a legitimate following because of all that backlash. And it makes sense, the MLP following is something anyone can join and be a part of whether its because of irony or a willingness to belong to something.

My own brother has fallen into this and I've been watching him closely as a result, he's not very social and has had many other odd hobbies, but this one takes the cake. I'll note that he never actually watches episodes, just reads about it and reads fanfiction on their website and then occasionally tries to watch an episode before I walk in and he embarrassingly changes the channel (but I could hear the voices so I know anyways). Which is good, I suppose, that he can still at least feel shame.

I know this fad will eventually die and I know my own brother will probably stop soon before then as soon as the next phenomenon rears its ugly head but until then, I will continue to be bewildered at this social oddity.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-17 17:50:38 Reply

So we now know that Scootaloo isn't homeless. In fact she's actually got a pretty decent place of her own (as expected, doubles as a Rainbow Dash shrine), yet her parents are still a huge gaping mystery for 3 over seasons now with no indication of being explored - though to be fair we have been surprised before.

What is this little filly hiding?

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-17 22:35:17 Reply

At 12/17/13 05:50 PM, TailsPrower wrote: So we now know that Scootaloo isn't homeless. In fact she's actually got a pretty decent place of her own (as expected, doubles as a Rainbow Dash shrine), yet her parents are still a huge gaping mystery for 3 over seasons now with no indication of being explored - though to be fair we have been surprised before.

What is this little filly hiding?

My guess is that Snowflake (AKA Roid Rage) is either her father or another relative (like a cousin or even uncle)

Now, it looks like the rating for Power Ponies is gonna include Fantasy Violence

GET HYPE!

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-18 02:27:23 Reply

Follow-up to my post on the other page; I'm on Season 3 Episode 10. I think I have an addiction.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-18 05:54:49 Reply

At 12/17/13 02:57 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: some how trick yourselves into enjoying a show that has absolutely ZERO entertainment value,

It's almost as if some people like things, and some people don't.

I watched the shows first two seasons, then got bored and stopped watching. I wasn't exactly tricking myself too like it, I just liked it yet this is somehow inconceivable to you That a load of Teenagers and young adults would watch a cartoon.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-18 06:03:55 Reply

At 12/17/13 02:57 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: I submit that NONE of you would have ever actually watched this show if it you had seen it on TV first instead of finding it online. I think that the only reason this show has any weight at all and any kind of following is the fact that a following actually exists, because of how much hate that said following gets, people are attracted to it because of this hate, they see it as a place for outcasts and weirdos, freaks and geeks alike to share a common interest and it doesn't really matter what that interest is.

Sorry, should have included this in my previous post.

Also I think its stupid to say MLP is only popular because the internet spread the word, because of course the internet does that, I don't think there's anything wrong with having something brought to you're attention by other people and not by you just naturally discovering it for yourself on TV.

Also the reason why the internet is the preferable place is because no one really wants to be caught watching the show in their living room, I think most fans know other people would find it pretty weird what they were doing, even though they probably would not bat an eye for some of the other popular cartoons we have recently, which I do like but I just never can be assed to go watch them on TV in my living room.

But yes I agree, NOW bronyism has become some haven for all the weird of the internet to gather because its part of this "its who I am!" people thinking the fandom is some sort of discriminated group fighting against oppression or some shit, But I don't think that means there is no one out there who actually likes the show and some of the stuff the fandom creates. Because fucking hell, thats a lot of fucking work you need to do into tricking yourself to like it.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-19 09:02:56 Reply

At 12/7/13 11:38 PM, Eddmario wrote: So, both PONIES: The Anthology 3 and Don't Mine at Night came out recently.

I was the project manager on A3. So far I'm happy at the general positive response it's gotten.

At 12/8/13 03:13 AM, TailsPrower wrote: A3 was pretty damn awesome if I do say so myself, it's a lot more "coherent" compared to its predecessors. I thoroughly enjoyed it the whole way through.

Yay.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-19 22:39:19 Reply

Feel slow seeing as I'm just now catching up and finishing up season 3. Watch and catch up on Season 4 then Ponies Anthology 3 to finish.

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-20 00:34:08 Reply

I've finished everything. All 4 seasons, Equestria Girls; everything.

I've seen a lot of Bronycons as well. Tara Strong, John De Lancie, the VA for Apple Bloom (who is Sweetie Belle's singing voice) all seem to be really happy making the show and happy that it makes everyone else happy.

When Firemane was crying while thanking Tara Strong for saving Kiki (the girl with cancer that the Bronies funded for), when this kid stood up and talked about how Tara's other character, Raven (in Teen Titans) really helped him because he associated with her difficulty to fit in, and watching her fit in helped him. Tara hugged both these people.

It just seems that there's so much love and happiness in the atmosphere, I don't know why people are against Bronies.

My friend once said to me that My Little Pony is for faggots, I said "No, it's for girls".

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-20 11:33:16 Reply

At 12/20/13 12:34 AM, Conal wrote: It just seems that there's so much love and happiness in the atmosphere, I don't know why people are against Bronies.

Because there is always that very small, very exclusively screwed part of the fan base.... which you know, if a fan base has a small part of it that is fucked or just really deviant, "THAT'S TOTALLY HOW THE WHOLE FUCKING FAN BASE IS" and not just that small portion. That and people just love to blindly hate things just because they either don't like the show/music/book series of whatever or the fan base for no real reason aside from that very small, very exclusively stupid and deviant portion of it.

My friend once said to me that My Little Pony is for faggots, I said "No, it's for girls".

As Lauren Faust said "the whole family", and characters are done so that people can relate to at least one or two characters. :P

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-20 12:28:51 Reply

I've yet to work up the Give a fuck to watch Eps 4 and 5.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-20 21:17:39 Reply

That moment when you realize that Mr. Cake has the same VA as Vegeta from DBZ...

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-21 07:26:13 Reply

Does anyone know when today's episode will air? Like, the time?

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-21 10:28:01 Reply

At 12/21/13 07:26 AM, Conal wrote: Does anyone know when today's episode will air? Like, the time?

9:30 central time

So in about 3 minutes.

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-21 16:04:37 Reply

I didn't like today's episode. Though I am interested to hear that the main six are trying to restore the castle of the pony sisters. I think a (mostly) linear plotline will be a welcome thing to the story telling of the show, as the characters have already been introduced, and the world fleshed out. Time for some more complex plots now that the show's concepts are familiar to people.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-21 20:22:54 Reply

At 12/21/13 04:04 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: I didn't like today's episode. Though I am interested to hear that the main six are trying to restore the castle of the pony sisters. I think a (mostly) linear plotline will be a welcome thing to the story telling of the show, as the characters have already been introduced, and the world fleshed out. Time for some more complex plots now that the show's concepts are familiar to people.

Yeah I wasn't really crazy about it either. I wonder if they're trying to restore the castle in hopes of finding clues about that ever so mysterious mystery box.

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-21 22:42:37 Reply

At 12/21/13 08:22 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
Yeah I wasn't really crazy about it either. I wonder if they're trying to restore the castle in hopes of finding clues about that ever so mysterious mystery box.

I'd like to see them rebuild that stonework, it's not like any of them have a cutie mark in carpentry. Yeah, clean the carpets and tapestries, never mind that the building is unsafe to inhabit xD

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-12-22 00:56:43 Reply

At 12/21/13 10:42 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: I'd like to see them rebuild that stonework, it's not like any of them have a cutie mark in carpentry. Yeah, clean the carpets and tapestries, never mind that the building is unsafe to inhabit xD

Sounds like they need to get Applebloom up in this biz dawg.

BBS Signature