SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 11th, 2013 @ 10:05 AM Reply

At 6/11/13 06:03 AM, Cabbster wrote:
Obviously I'm not going to read hundreds of posts to find an obscure answer that might be vaguely similar to my question, so I I guess we will just leave it at nothing being concluded. Still, there's no reason to deflect my question, since you could have answered it in the time it took for you to tell me that its already been answered. Faulty. I was kind of neutral on the whole subject but I'm starting to figure out why bronies are generally considered unlikeable people.

I just find it rather dull to keep answering the same questions over and over again. However, seeing as I am not in too much of a mood for arguing... Why we like MLP, the next few posts after that one is us giving various answers on why we enjoy it.

and your post, with.... yea, more answers I suppose
At 6/8/13 06:29 AM, Cabbster wrote: Anyone truly like the show?

A majority of the users here enjoy the show itself I think. I just enjoy the show because I enjoy the show. :P

Like, the actual show?

Yes.

Why isn't there a fairly oddparents club? The plot, animation, and humor is way more appealing to a much wider audience. Oh, but its not as embarrassing/hipster/internet famous as MLP?

Why is there not a club for any other cartoon show? Well we do have the Cartoon Club but eventually it just started to become a place for bronies to post, and that annoyed a couple of regulars in that thread thus eventually resulting in this thread. Not only was this club created but a blanket ban for MLP:FIM threads had to put up for the General forum seeing as people made pointless "herp derp derp, people like a show I don't like, they're fucking retarded, etc., etc." The only reason this show has it's own thread and Fairly Oddparents doesn't (a show that's still enjoyable too :) ) is due to how fast and popular it became in fall of 2011.

So this isn't an angry rant. I just want to believe that there is a few people that legitimately enjoy the show, rather than the enjoyment gotten from stirring shit on the Internet.

I typically enjoy the show and some of what the fandom produces (music and images, rarely stories seeing as very few stories are well written).

Can you simply sum up why you like MLP?

Simple, I enjoy the show.

Pic related. Nobody would give a shit about MLP if it wasn't for the Internet fad.

I remember someone recently saying it has been two full years since it started.

hope that answers your questions a bit

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 12th, 2013 @ 04:27 AM Reply

They made a reference to The Big Lewbowski.

What means the show is for adults!

DERP!

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 13th, 2013 @ 11:20 PM Reply

I don't wanna go.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
distoorted
distoorted
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 13th, 2013 @ 11:49 PM Reply

At 6/11/13 06:03 AM, Cabbster wrote: I was kind of neutral on the whole subject but I'm starting to figure out why bronies are generally considered unlikeable people.

Yes, a group of people are the absolute worst, because they don't want to keep answering a question they've been repeating the same lines to since day one. I'm just saying, while SCTE3 pointed you in the right direction, you wouldn't have even had to search through hundreds of posts, a simple search on google would have given you some of the more common answers, in all of 10 seconds.

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 15th, 2013 @ 02:23 AM Reply

Well, this has spiraled down.

come at me

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
SirJeffofShorter
SirJeffofShorter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 17th, 2013 @ 10:38 PM Reply

There's a My Little Pony movie coming out called: "Equestria Girls"

Here's the trailer: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/mylittleponye questriagirls/

It is playing in a few theatres currently and will be available worldwide on Hub Television a bit later. Are you excited?

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 18th, 2013 @ 09:19 AM Reply

At 6/17/13 10:38 PM, SirJeffofShorter wrote: There's a My Little Pony movie coming out called: "Equestria Girls"

Here's the trailer: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/mylittleponye questriagirls/

It is playing in a few theatres currently and will be available worldwide on Hub Television a bit later. Are you excited?

I just learned that it is actually considered canon to FiM, so I'm not too happy.

My wrists. They bleed.
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 18th, 2013 @ 09:34 AM Reply

At 6/18/13 09:19 AM, Sectus wrote:
At 6/17/13 10:38 PM, SirJeffofShorter wrote: There's a My Little Pony movie coming out called: "Equestria Girls"

I just learned that it is actually considered canon to FiM, so I'm not too happy.

I'm going to give the movie a chance to see if it's actually good. Kind of dull to see constant blind hatred towards the movies just because the characters turn into anthro looking humans. Kind of a shit reason to piss on the movie too. Hoping the movie is actually good too.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 19th, 2013 @ 01:29 AM Reply

At 6/18/13 09:34 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 6/18/13 09:19 AM, Sectus wrote: I just learned that it is actually considered canon to FiM, so I'm not too happy.
I'm going to give the movie a chance to see if it's actually good. Kind of dull to see constant blind hatred towards the movies just because the characters turn into anthro looking humans. Kind of a shit reason to piss on the movie too. Hoping the movie is actually good too.

Same here, but I'm gonna wait til it either gets streamed on BronyState or gets available for streaming on Netflix, since I'm unemployed and broke and my college classes start soon.

Hell, I heard only good things about it now that it's actually out.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 20th, 2013 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 6/19/13 01:29 AM, Eddmario wrote:
Hell, I heard only good things about it now that it's actually out.

I'm also going try to watch it online when someone finally uploads it, an I'm going to not have any premonitions about it.

It is premature to hate or love some animation before you even watch it, this is why I even gave this show a chance.

If anyone finds it online, shoot me a PM.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 21st, 2013 @ 12:43 AM Reply

At 6/20/13 06:38 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: It is premature to hate or love some animation before you even watch it, this is why I even gave this show a chance.

If anyone finds it online, shoot me a PM.

Same here.

In other news, what do you think it'll be?

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 21st, 2013 @ 06:49 PM Reply

At 6/21/13 12:43 AM, Eddmario wrote:
In other news, what do you think it'll be?

I can't wait to see.

Also, have any of you been reading the comments section to the post about this movie on EqD?

I'm looking for a link to an upload and there are literally multi-part arguments centered around stuff as stupid as how Magic works in the show. It's fucking hilarious.

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 23rd, 2013 @ 02:21 PM Reply

I hate to double post, but I have came across a few links. PM me if you are interested.

BBS Signature
foxkitaxel
foxkitaxel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 24th, 2013 @ 12:02 PM Reply

If pinkie and discord had a child what would it look like and what could it do?

foxkitaxel
foxkitaxel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 24th, 2013 @ 12:04 PM Reply

At 6/18/13 09:34 AM, SCTE3 wrote:

None of the theaters near me are playing the movie.
I am sad.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 25th, 2013 @ 10:49 PM Reply

At 6/24/13 12:04 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: None of the theaters near me are playing the movie.
I am sad.

If it's alright with everyone else, I can post a YouTube link of the full movie someone else posted in the comments of something on My Little Brony. Don't worry, it's in English.

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 26th, 2013 @ 11:49 AM Reply

At 6/25/13 10:49 PM, Eddmario wrote:
At 6/24/13 12:04 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: None of the theaters near me are playing the movie.
I am sad.
If it's alright with everyone else, I can post a YouTube link of the full movie someone else posted in the comments of something on My Little Brony. Don't worry, it's in English.

Go for it.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 26th, 2013 @ 01:20 PM Reply

At 6/26/13 11:49 AM, kisame wrote:
At 6/25/13 10:49 PM, Eddmario wrote:
I am sad.
Go for it.

Alright, here's the movie for anyone who wants to give it a try.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 26th, 2013 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 6/26/13 01:20 PM, Eddmario wrote: Alright, here's the movie for anyone who wants to give it a try.

Dat cell phone recording in a theatre.

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 26th, 2013 @ 06:46 PM Reply

At 6/26/13 06:38 PM, Sectus wrote:
At 6/26/13 01:20 PM, Eddmario wrote: Alright, here's the movie for anyone who wants to give it a try.
Dat cell phone recording in a theatre.

From what I hear they where really tight on that stuff.

But anyways, I saw it the other day and it was ok, I mean some parts where cliche and I still think Twilight is unlikable as a character, but it could of been much worse.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 26th, 2013 @ 07:42 PM Reply

At 6/26/13 06:46 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: From what I hear they where really tight on that stuff.

But anyways, I saw it the other day and it was ok, I mean some parts where cliche and I still think Twilight is unlikable as a character, but it could of been much worse.

I have yet to see it, but I plan on watching it some time tonight. I'll report back here with my thoughts after viewing it. You guys already know my predictions.

kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 26th, 2013 @ 11:56 PM Reply

I think I'm having my period.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 27th, 2013 @ 02:04 PM Reply

I watched the EQG movie yesterday, and honestly it wasn't at all that bad. I really liked it to be honest, and I admit that my initial negative opinions were wrong. As always you can see my full review on my tumblr page.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 27th, 2013 @ 03:28 PM Reply

So I just want to see what the hype is about, can somebody link me the first episode? I can't find it.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!////You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 27th, 2013 @ 08:19 PM Reply

At 6/27/13 03:28 PM, darkjam wrote: So I just want to see what the hype is about, can somebody link me the first episode? I can't find it.

If you have Netflix, the entire series is on there.

BBS Signature
powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 27th, 2013 @ 10:32 PM Reply

Am I the only one noticing the ten thousand documentaries and Youtube videos trying to explain how friggin' awesome Bronies are, whist practically begging the non-bronies to watch the show and LOVE IT FOREVER, by saying things like: "Just give it a chance, man!", "The show's REALLY good!", or "Stop hating guys, c'mon". Don't get me wrong, I do really like the show, but now Bronies just can't seem to stop talking about how perfect it is and how nobody should be allowed to hate it.

Just saying, no hatin'

" Finding originality on newgrounds is like reaching into a fishbowl and saying that you're fishing" -Natick
Check out my Reddit, dudes.

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 28th, 2013 @ 05:12 AM Reply

At 6/27/13 10:32 PM, powerdude964 wrote: Am I the only one noticing the ten thousand documentaries and Youtube videos trying to explain how friggin' awesome Bronies are, whist practically begging the non-bronies to watch the show and LOVE IT FOREVER, by saying things like: "Just give it a chance, man!", "The show's REALLY good!", or "Stop hating guys, c'mon". Don't get me wrong, I do really like the show, but now Bronies just can't seem to stop talking about how perfect it is and how nobody should be allowed to hate it.

Just saying, no hatin'

I'd have to agree.

The thing is with those documentaries is that it is either fan made, which will destroy any objectivity from the beginning, or it's made to prove a preconceived notion.

John De Lancie's documentary was shit because he created his documentary around a conclusion, instead of investigating and coming to conclusion.

Also, his and many other documentaries tend to single out the real creepy losers who get picked on to portray them, and the group as a whole as "victims", that's just blatantly manipulative

I hate how people use being a fan of a television show as a social standing, or a social movement.

I mean, it's a fucking TV show.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jun. 29th, 2013 @ 01:02 AM Reply

At 6/28/13 05:12 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: I mean, it's a fucking TV show.

A really fucking popular TV show, but a TV show nonetheless.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jul. 6th, 2013 @ 12:55 PM Reply

Just checked IMDB to see what else Sunset Shimmer's VA was in.
Turns out she's Twilight's singing VA

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Jul. 6th, 2013 @ 01:38 PM Reply

Just saying, no hatin'

Did you give it a chance though?