Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 2/17/13 04:21 PM, kisame wrote:
At 2/17/13 03:57 PM, Wegra wrote:
At 2/12/13 07:58 PM, kisame wrote:
Calm your panties, it's just a rumor.
By the looks of the background it looks like this is taking place in a highschool....This better as fuck not turn into All Grown Up or some shit like that
It's not. It's just the NCF doing what it does best.

And what they do is kinda funny.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 2/17/13 10:16 PM, Eddmario wrote: I had NO idea that Egoraptor was the VA for Rarity in the .MOV series.

It makes sense that the worst pony would be played by him.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 05:46 PM Reply

The pink one told me I'm supposed to share so I shall share something I've been working on lately.

All the bad editing. It's all here.

kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 12:45 AM Reply

At 2/18/13 04:23 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Fuck me!

And that's exactly what they're doing.

ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 07:35 AM Reply

At 2/16/13 10:54 PM, kisame wrote: the princess taking special interest in her and taking Twilight under her wing. Twilight having a Princess as a Foal Sitter. There is evidence all over the series the points to this event. Even in season 1 a large number of bronies expected this, yet now the fandom suddenly hates the idea? She is a princess, it isn't going to change.

I'm still on season 1. I was thinking she might be royalty or something. I mean, even though she knows Princess Celestia, and was glad to see her and hugged her, she didn't bow like everypony else. Awesome!

As for her getting wings, well, it doesn't make anypony else less awesome.

I kinda want a cutie mark tat. The Mrs. said it would be cute, but I don't think she was being serious. I. Want. A cutie mark.

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.
Sig by Illicit, thankies ^_^

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 09:08 AM Reply

At 2/19/13 07:35 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
At 2/16/13 10:54 PM, kisame wrote:
I kinda want a cutie mark tat. The Mrs. said it would be cute, but I don't think she was being serious. I. Want. A cutie mark.

Save your money.

kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 20th, 2013 @ 11:07 AM Reply

At 2/20/13 03:15 AM, RightWingGamer wrote:

Lauren Faust wanted to make a show for little girls that was, quote, "good", and had a deep-seated hatred for the way most girly shows treated their audience like idiots. Since the show pilot was the only episode Lauren ever wrote (unless you count her co-writer credit in The Ticket Master), it only makes sense that she would use it to deconstruct the idiocy of previous generations.

While I still feel the episode was a little skimpy on essential development, it did do a great job of taking apart the reasons why G1-3 sucked, and establishing an interesting fantasy setting in their place.

G1 was just as dark as its successor. Something you would realize If you actually watched the pilot as opposed to being a judgmental cocksneeze.

kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 09:00 AM Reply

This was expected since season 1 and reinforced since then. Twilight's element is a crown while all the others are necklaces, Her entrance exam and the princess taking special interest in her and taking Twilight under her wing. Twilight having a Princess as a Foal Sitter. There is evidence all over the series the points to this event. Even in season 1 a large number of bronies expected this, yet now the fandom suddenly hates the idea? She is a princess, it isn't going to change.

Faust says she had different plans for Twilight didn't she? But since she left the show. I'm just saying expected and intended totally different.
Also 2 of each is no longer true..

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 06:55 PM Reply

I can't see why people are so afraid of fan fiction, or just FO:E in general. They see the [Grimdark] tag and immediately associate it with Cupcakes, or something. In all honesty, FO:E is a great piece of literature. It has a compelling storyline and vivid characters that leave you wanting more from them.

Project Horizons is just an extension of that, and while it is written by a different person, it is a lot darker, but still has the same feel as FO:E. Both of these fictions are wonderful, and I gladly try and model myself to be at least somewhere near the same spectrum as them.

powerdude964
powerdude964
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 22nd, 2013 @ 08:43 PM Reply

So, a few weeks ago I watched one of the Season 3 episodes, "Keep Calm and Flutter On", and now I finally sat down and watched the finale to see what all the fuss was about. Simply because I don't watch MLP much anymore, I'll review both of these.

-Keep Calm and Flutter On
I might as well admit right now that one of the main reasons I watched this episode in the first place was because Fluttershy was a central character in it. What can I say, she's just so adorable! Now that I've got that out of the way, I think I can safely say that I really enjoyed this episode. I liked both the premise and pretty much any scene where Discord is talking. It was great to see him back, but I also think that he may have come back at the wrong time, for reasons I'll touch upon later.

-Season Finale
Not much to say that hasn't already been covered. I was okay with Twilight getting wings and becoming a princess and all, but again I think that it wasn't exactly the best time to make a change like that. The pacing, as said before is terrible and the music is just sort of okay. Overall, if they were gonna make such big changes, making the story into two episodes and making the writing seem (for lack of a better word) right would definitely do a better job in cushioning the blow.

I also generally believe that if they really wanted to make all these changes they should of just made this the final season. Discord returns and is made to use his powers for good, and Twilight is given WINGS. Dude? Really? Again, I'm fine with the concept, but the way they did it and the time they did it at is where the issue stems from. That's just what I think. And if you don't like it, I'm completely fine with that.

" Finding originality on newgrounds is like reaching into a fishbowl and saying that you're fishing" -Natick
Check out my Reddit, dudes.

SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Reader
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 01:37 AM Reply

At 2/21/13 05:02 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Pic related. Newest member of the Mane 6.

Very funny RWG

Stretch those glutes, Flitter!
"You are a generally happy and carefree person." - Sectus
"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Reader
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 02:58 AM Reply

At 2/20/13 11:07 AM, kisame wrote: judgmental cocksneeze.

Damn, kisame is laying the smackdown on you, Righty

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 07:16 AM Reply

At 2/22/13 06:55 PM, Sectus wrote: I can't see why people are so afraid of fan fiction.

Afraid? I don't think people are afraid of fan fiction. Just not interested in it. I don't understand the appeal in fan fiction to be honest. Any writer could write a fan fiction. Most of the work is already done for you. You got the settings and characters. All that's left is the story and plot. Pretty easy and at times can lead to lazy writing.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 08:38 AM Reply

At 2/25/13 07:16 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 2/22/13 06:55 PM, Sectus wrote: I can't see why people are so afraid of fan fiction.
Afraid? I don't think people are afraid of fan fiction. Just not interested in it. I don't understand the appeal in fan fiction to be honest. Any writer could write a fan fiction. Most of the work is already done for you. You got the settings and characters. All that's left is the story and plot. Pretty easy and at times can lead to lazy writing.

I read the first part of Fallout: Equestria. It was very well written, I felt. But I want to enjoy official Pony adventures before I get into this stuff.

I mean, I seen Vinyl Scratch for the first time today! :D

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 2/25/13 08:38 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:

I read the first part of Fallout: Equestria. It was very well written, I felt. But I want to enjoy official Pony adventures before I get into this stuff.

I mean, I seen Vinyl Scratch for the first time today! :D

It would make sense to do that. But it would also be a good idea to make sure you enjoy dark themed fan fictions before delving into them.

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 25th, 2013 @ 11:50 PM Reply

So who else here has been following the nuclear meltdown that was Las Pegasus Unicon?

For those not in the know: The first 2 days went well, but due to money mismanagement and overestimating how many would attend, the organizers came up short thousands of dollars, and as a result they got kicked out of the hotel early, and EVERYONE including voice actors, musicians, and everybody else who the con secured rooms for wound up having to pay for them out of their own pockets (and many couldn't afford it), plus the voice actors didn't get paid.

Everfree Radio started a fundraiser to help out as many people as possible, gathering over $12,000 in donations, but many are still in trouble. Worse yet: The con organizers skipped out when it started going down.

And now something's happened I've never seen before that could be viewed as an omen: our queen is pissed off. She missed her son's karate tournament because of this shit.

I think the majority of the fallout from this is just now coming down, and it's going to affect all of the other cons this year.
This forum thread has been a play by play of the events so far: http://www.roundstable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2305&s tart=160

The fandom is off to a VERY bad start this year.

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 06:49 AM Reply

Small conventions during a recession, it's bound to happen at some point sadly. :(

Still, it's more the economic times and bad luck than any dwindling of the fanbase.

Old for all of you, but I LOVE reading and so I love this and as I wait for my newest purchase - a beginners guide to speaking Old English to wing its' way out to me, I rock out to THIS

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.

BBS Signature
GumsOfGabby
GumsOfGabby
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 08:42 AM Reply

1000?

I did not know this existed. Looks like I will be on newgrounds alot more@

HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 26th, 2013 @ 08:01 PM Reply

At 2/18/13 02:03 PM, kisame wrote:
At 2/17/13 10:16 PM, Eddmario wrote: I had NO idea that Egoraptor was the VA for Rarity in the .MOV series.
It makes sense that the worst pony would be played by him.

You know what, Kisame? Fuck you and everyone who lives in your house.

A friend'll give you the shirt off his back, a true friend will help you hide a body.
"game of thrones is basically will and grace with dragons" - yurgenburgen

SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Reader
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:41 AM Reply

Free icons with ponies in boxes

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Reader
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 01:31 AM Reply

At 2/26/13 08:42 AM, GumsOfGabby wrote: 1000?

I did not know this existed. Looks like I will be on newgrounds alot more@

Welcome friend, hope you enjoy your stay

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 06:01 AM Reply

At 2/25/13 02:34 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Writing still takes considerable talent, even with the setting and characters already given to you. If "any writer" could do it, then why are the vast majority of them terrible, and the good ones considered diamonds in the rough?

Maybe because they're simply not good writers and those who do write fan-fictions that are good, are simply mediocre writers at best. Now there is one pony fan-fiction out there that I have been fond of and that is Doctor Whooves and Assistant. I think that is cleverly written and a funny way of using two fan based characters. Would I say others that are considered good diamonds in the rough? No, maybe just meh.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 08:34 AM Reply

At 2/25/13 11:50 PM, wildfire4461 wrote:
The fandom is off to a VERY bad start this year.

Good thing I always avoid going to cons.

I mean, I like the show and all but cons tend to concentrate the weird part of the fandom, and I'm not about to pay whatever price just to have some twat try to tell me where to go and stuff. Also, I enjoy some fan art and animated parodies, but what reason do I have to actually see the artist? I have nothing to ask them so I really have no need to meet them.

I would only consider it if it was nearby, and Tara Strong was there. I'd go just to get a signature from her and then leave, but that's because she voices so much more then just Twilight. I would also be sure to appear clean and trim, or just wear a spy cosplay just so I won't be lumped in with the weird part of the fandom.

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 28th, 2013 @ 07:23 AM Reply

Sexy burlesque Pinkie Pie caused a stampede for all the wrong reasons. :o

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 28th, 2013 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 2/28/13 07:23 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Sexy burlesque Pinkie Pie caused a stampede for all the wrong reasons. :o

Wait... what. I leave for a couple weeks and ZeroAsALimit, the fucking legend, is back and is a brony? Fuck, I've missed a lot.

Also, I have to catch up on every single Season 3 episode after the Discord one. Woop.

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Feb. 28th, 2013 @ 11:01 PM Reply

At 2/28/13 10:57 PM, Bryan wrote: Also, I have to catch up on every single Season 3 episode after the Discord one. Woop.

If you are anything like me, expect anger and hatred to come up on your queue of emotions.