foxkitaxel
foxkitaxel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-22 19:51:06 Reply

Applejack got her own song yay!
Also I died of a heart attack when I saw baby AJ.

IronicMaiden
IronicMaiden
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-22 20:01:49 Reply

Got done watching the new episode a few minutes ago. I was planning on watching a livestream, but I overslept. It was actually kind of pathetic, I woke up at nine thirty, and then fell asleep for another six hours.

Didn't enjoy this one as much as the rest of season three. Somehow it felt rushed, especially the song. I wasn't one of the people who got excited about Applejack getting a song of her own yet it was still disappointing. The lyrics were repetitive and uninspired, very unlike the rest of this show's songs.

Seeing the relationships the Apple family has to members outside their own little circles was interesting and heartwarming, and actually saved this episode for me. Like most other episodes, I was smiling the whole way through.

Oh, and Spike as a lighter was hilarious.

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-23 00:25:55 Reply

So notice how Applejack's parents were absent in the family reunion? Someponies upon the internets theorized that the two shootings stars that appear early on and at the end of the episode are actually Applejack's parents, implying that they are deceased. EQD has gone ahead and claimed that AJ's parents being dead is "confirmed". This calls for a sad Applejack song in the future. Damnit make a sad episode about the AJ, AB, and BM missing their ma and pa dagnammit dag gadmannit damnit.

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Redbob86
Redbob86
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-23 00:44:30 Reply

The songs this season have been kinda lazy, this one being another one. I think the only thing that stands out is the Babs Seed song.

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-23 07:06:10 Reply

At 12/22/12 08:01 PM, IronicMaiden wrote:

Didn't enjoy this one as much as the rest of season three. Somehow it felt rushed, especially the song. I wasn't one of the people who got excited about Applejack getting a song of her own yet it was still disappointing. The lyrics were repetitive and uninspired, very unlike the rest of this show's songs.

I'd have to agree, not only has the idea of a character getting caught up in making sure people have fun so much that no one has fun has been done before and better then this. there is nothing that really stands out here, one of you here said it was like filler and I get the same feeling from this episode.

I also didn't like the song. I found the song to be so uncreative and bad it was funny. I mean a farmer/redneck singing about raising a farm? repeating the line that say's they where raising a barn over and over? it's so repetitive and generic it's funny.

“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-23 07:12:56 Reply

At 12/22/12 08:01 PM, IronicMaiden wrote: Didn't enjoy this one as much as the rest of season three. Somehow it felt rushed, especially the song. I wasn't one of the people who got excited about Applejack getting a song of her own yet it was still disappointing. The lyrics were repetitive and uninspired, very unlike the rest of this show's songs.

Yeah, my favorite song is still the one between Twilight and Spike at the premiere. However I can enjoy this song mainly because it is done in a country square-dance style, which is supposed to be repetitive. So the song does indeed work.

Seeing the relationships the Apple family has to members outside their own little circles was interesting and heartwarming, and actually saved this episode for me. Like most other episodes, I was smiling the whole way through.

Yes, I too enjoyed seeing the whole Apple family. However how much time has passed in the series. At least a year, because in the very first episode, Applejack was celebrating a family reunion.

Oh, and Spike as a lighter was hilarious.

YES!

DivinumX
DivinumX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-24 11:47:19 Reply

I'll jst keep thinking her parents dead so this song will keep giving me fells!

Apples Of My Eye - Feather, Rhyme Flow and Legion

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-24 20:34:22 Reply

At 12/24/12 11:47 AM, DivinumX wrote: I'll jst keep thinking her parents dead so this song will keep giving me fells!

Apples Of My Eye - Feather, Rhyme Flow and Legion

Ouch... right in my feels. I want to hug Applejack more than ever now <:(

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-24 23:46:32 Reply

Merry Hearth's Warming Eve or whatever.

In more realistic terms, Merry Christmas, and I refuse to say happy holidays.

[Join my community, weakling!] - [Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-25 15:14:11 Reply

At 12/23/12 12:25 AM, TailsPrower wrote: So notice how Applejack's parents were absent in the family reunion? Someponies upon the internets theorized that the two shootings stars that appear early on and at the end of the episode are actually Applejack's parents, implying that they are deceased. EQD has gone ahead and claimed that AJ's parents being dead is "confirmed". This calls for a sad Applejack song in the future. Damnit make a sad episode about the AJ, AB, and BM missing their ma and pa dagnammit dag gadmannit damnit.

It does point a lot towards the already theorized view that her parents were dead, which was a sad thing most of us sort of expected.

Then today I was linked this. It would seem our sad thoughts were indeed true, and very sad.

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, NekoMika's Legacy!

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-25 18:26:58 Reply

At 12/24/12 11:46 PM, Sectus wrote: Merry Hearth's Warming Eve or whatever.

In more realistic terms, Merry Christmas, and I refuse to say happy holidays.

Happy Hearth's Warming everybody.

Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-26 09:25:54 Reply

At 12/25/12 03:14 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: It does point a lot towards the already theorized view that her parents were dead, which was a sad thing most of us sort of expected.

Then today I was linked this. It would seem our sad thoughts were indeed true, and very sad.

I was wondering if anyone else was gonna catch that. I was hoping that they would have expanded on it a bit further, but that small moment was pretty good. I would say a truly sad episode would be just what this series needs, but at the same time... could the children audience today handle it?

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-26 09:46:15 Reply

At 12/26/12 09:25 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
I was wondering if anyone else was gonna catch that. I was hoping that they would have expanded on it a bit further, but that small moment was pretty good. I would say a truly sad episode would be just what this series needs, but at the same time... could the children audience today handle it?

I would say yes and no to that.

As a huge Batman fan, I can say that a story about a tragedy can be great if done right. the problem is that if the writers get lazy, lose focus or just take the easy route the story can suck and turn into a tearjerker.

I mean how many times have you seen a "MY PARENT ARE DEAD" joke.

There is a way they can do a tragic story like that and have the kids handle it, but I'm more worried of it becoming a tearjerker. the story would need to be well developed and thought out. I'd prefer it remain subtle and they do stuff indirectly.

“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-26 10:09:52 Reply

At 12/26/12 09:46 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: There is a way they can do a tragic story like that and have the kids handle it, but I'm more worried of it becoming a tearjerker. the story would need to be well developed and thought out. I'd prefer it remain subtle and they do stuff indirectly.

Well can the parents really complain if they organize the episode as a problem that is handled by friendship? Applejack could be depressed because she misses her parents, and her friends could help her feel better. I think it would make pretty interesting episode, at least.

[Join my community, weakling!] - [Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-26 13:32:59 Reply

At 12/26/12 09:46 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: There is a way they can do a tragic story like that and have the kids handle it, but I'm more worried of it becoming a tearjerker. the story would need to be well developed and thought out. I'd prefer it remain subtle and they do stuff indirectly.

Yeah that would be the problem. I think a little Don Bluth would go a long way here. It would be a cop out in a way, but at the same time it could prove beneficial to this show. When you get down to it, it is just ponies learning about friendship. Like I said, with Don Bluth, he could put anything in front of kids as long as it had a happy ending. Kids can handle more and deal with more than we give them credit for.

foxkitaxel
foxkitaxel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-26 20:04:46 Reply

I have no idea what we're talking about

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-26 20:06:34 Reply

At 12/26/12 08:04 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: I have no idea what we're talking about

Short Answer: Ponies

Long Answer: Applejack's dead parents and the latest episode about the Apple Family Reunion.

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-27 13:03:44 Reply

Episode 11 synopsis released.

I'm not sure about this, they better not destroy Discord's character. Personally I feel his chaos and disorder brings some sense of realism into the show. They better not ruin it.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-27 16:17:26 Reply

At 12/27/12 01:03 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Episode 11 synopsis released.

I'm not sure about this, they better not destroy Discord's character. Personally I feel his chaos and disorder brings some sense of realism into the show. They better not ruin it.

GREAT THANKS FOR THE SPOILS.

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-27 16:36:39 Reply

At 12/27/12 04:17 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
GREAT THANKS FOR THE SPOILS.

synopsis =/= summery

I said nothing about what will happen in the story.

Calling that a spoiler would be like saying "Pinkie is in the next episode" is a spoiler.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-27 16:40:38 Reply

At 12/27/12 04:36 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: synopsis =/= summery

I said nothing about what will happen in the story.

Calling that a spoiler would be like saying "Pinkie is in the next episode" is a spoiler.

Of course you'd try to justify it. Look, I didn't know Discord was going to be involved that episode which is totally different from a mane 6 character. So you spoil'd. Just don't do it again and we'll be cool.

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-27 16:53:03 Reply

At 12/27/12 04:40 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
Of course you'd try to justify it. Look, I didn't know Discord was going to be involved that episode which is totally different from a mane 6 character.

But I still said nothing of what actually happens, nothing of the outcome, and nothing of the plot, only the identity of the antagonist who we are already familiar with. I only said what I hope they don't do.

So you spoil'd. Just don't do it again and we'll be cool.

Are you implying you are currently not cool? it's a cartoon, I didn't reveal any plot, but whatever.

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-28 00:25:58 Reply

SPOILERS!!!!1:

They change Applejacks's skin color from fdbc60 to fbba5d!

SORRY IF I RUINED THE NEXT EPISODE FOR ANYPONY :(

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-28 01:57:57 Reply

At 12/28/12 12:25 AM, Ryan wrote: SPOILERS!!!!1:

They change Applejacks's skin color from fdbc60 to fbba5d!

SORRY IF I RUINED THE NEXT EPISODE FOR ANYPONY :(

Damnit Ryan! IM SOOOO MMMMMMAAAAAAAAADDDDD!!!!!!!!!

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
DivinumX
DivinumX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-29 02:13:36 Reply

At 12/27/12 01:03 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Episode 11 synopsis released.

I sincerely agree. He's one of my favourite characters due to his destructive personality (Which I find humorous). He is a really admirable character.

I was really hoping that discord wasn't going to come back so soon and kind of hoping he wouldn't come back at all. It seems to be really hard to make something amazing better. I hope the producers don't let us down.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-29 17:00:09 Reply

I absolutely loved the new episode. You can see my full and earnest review of it at my tumblr page.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-29 23:29:04 Reply

GAHHH I'm loving how much screentime Applejack's been getting this season! I personally think this is AJ's best episode yet (not that there was many to choose from). When Spike got really insistent, I was thinking "oh boy... this is gonna be that kind of episode", but looking back this was actually pretty sweet. I really appreciated how every mane character had their place in the episode, as well as Sectus's insight on Rainbow Dash moving from reading to writing as well.

CGI was interesting to see as well. Stuck out like a sore thumb, but hey, if they felt it was necessary then I won't argue.

Applejack's such a sweetheart <3

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
RapidStrike
RapidStrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Programmer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-31 04:04:22 Reply

testing some shading

SUGAR RAID

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-12-31 09:03:56 Reply

Oh boy, this was one of those episodes. Yeah, yeah, Applejack saved Spike's life and now Spike dedicates his life to Applejack. I have seen this multiple times and it is always the same. Yeah there were some interesting moments, like how Rainbow Dash has moved from reading to writing. The animation on the Timberwolves was amazing, it is cool to see that in a kids show.

The story though just sucked. I thought we might get something interesting, melding Spike and Applejack together, but sadly we didn't. Spike was turned into a klutz, which I have to admit was out of character for him. This could have been a really fun and sort of dramatic episode if done right. The whole owing a favor to someone can be done well, the show Arthur did it beautifully, so why can't My Little Pony get it right?

Ah well, an average episode, nothing special to it.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-02 18:45:24 Reply

I'm upset, mainly because we have to wait a few additional weeks between episodes. The small part of me is upset because I woke up so late today.

BBS Signature