New Topic Respond to this Topic
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-18 21:47:59 Reply

At 1/18/13 05:31 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: Oh boy.
Possible spoiler: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/updated-hub-commercial -with-final.html#idc-container
Just 2 words in a commercial have sent the fanbase into a tizzy

Hey, for all we know it could just be another Cadence episode

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 02:43:48 Reply

At 1/18/13 10:22 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 1/18/13 09:47 PM, Eddmario wrote:
At 1/18/13 05:31 PM, wildfire4461 wrote:

Cadence was a princess before she got married. Why in blue blazes would she need coronation?

Who said it was for Cadence? Perhaps it is Twilight that ascends to Godhood.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 02:52:15 Reply

At 1/18/13 06:59 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:

That's pretty damn good. How the fuck does it only have 0.67 stars?

Pony haters who instantly give pony art a zero.

That's right I like guns and ponies. Hitlery lost libtards. Get over it.
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature
Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 04:44:00 Reply

At 1/19/13 02:52 AM, wildfire4461 wrote:
Pony haters who instantly give pony art a zero.

I never understood why pony haters would be pony haters. My non-brony friends are naturally neutral to pony-related things. I don't see why someone would invest hatred on something he/she could easily ignore.

| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 11:26:59 Reply

anyone else watch the new episode yet?

Anyone else hate it?

it just feels like they took discord and chopped his balls off.

To Destiny
“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 12:04:23 Reply

At 1/19/13 11:26 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: anyone else watch the new episode yet?

Anyone else hate it?

Nah it was a brilliant episode and suited Discord well, he still enjoys causing chaos but he finally realised how lonely he had been with never having a single friend and didn't want to lose it. Being an immortal God with unlimited power doesn't stop him from having the same desire to enjoy being with others, and it was only Fluttershy who truly understood how lonely he must have felt being hated by everypony and encased in stone.

He still had the same desires to use his magic for chaos like he said under his breath at the end, but he knows if he was to only do that he would forever be alone.

I personally hoped for a Q from Star Trek style return but this was perfectly fitting to the show and I loved it. It also opens up Discord to be a recurring character in the show also since he has became Fluttershy's friend and perhaps will seek the friendship of others.

The best part about the episode which showed how Discord still had his personality is the fact that when he noticed what Fluttershy had made him feel he praised her with "Well played." He is a master of games after all, and he finally fell into another pony's game but only realised it once it had taken its effect.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, NekoMika's Legacy!

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 12:40:13 Reply

At 1/19/13 11:26 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: anyone else watch the new episode yet?

Anyone else hate it?

Honestly, I thought it seemed kinda short. They could have easily made it a 2-parter, which it probably would have been if Magic Duel had aired during season 2 like it was originally supposed to.

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 13:10:56 Reply

At 1/19/13 12:04 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:

Anyone else hate it?

he still enjoys causing chaos but he finally realized how lonely he had been with never having a single friend and didn't want to lose it.
the same desire to enjoy being with others, and it was only Fluttershy who truly understood how lonely he must have felt : being hated by everypony and encased in stone.

he would forever be alone.

This is why didn't like it.

there is nothing evil in wanting to be alone, there is nothing evil in not caring if someone hated you. The world isn't ruled by friendship and fairy-tales.

I'll be brief in my criticism of this episode. Do you know how many women stay with abusive men because she thinks they can reform him? that he "just needs a chance", or he "needs someone to care for him"

I am tired of the assumption that there is no such thing as a strong, sane, non- angsty loner character. outside of Batman I see no strong, not evil loners, I see no more people that "exist in their own right", all I see is these weak, worthless"friends/family are my purpose" characters and their antagonist are just "people secretly sad because they are lonely"

It's pathetic and I hate it.

I mean lets take a quick look at Dr. Who, he went from an independent mysterious traveler solving various problems with people around him to a person completely dependent on some annoying female companion while solving some problem.

this is just one example out of many, I could go on but now I'm just rambling.

To Destiny
“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 13:35:18 Reply

At 1/19/13 01:10 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:

:stuff

Also, a pony with a rainbow colored mane and the ability to talk? AWESOME!

To Destiny

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 14:49:11 Reply

At 1/19/13 01:35 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 1/19/13 01:10 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: stuff
Also, a pony with a rainbow colored mane and the ability to talk? AWESOME!

This is nothing new. Spiderman has always been associated with MLP

http://youtu.be/W3abMUH_P1E

http://youtu.be/c_f4wrKFJYo

http://youtu.be/-5jKuYOotsA

But I do have to agree with you on today's episode. Nothing boils my blood than more than Self Parody.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 17:58:16 Reply

At 1/19/13 01:10 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: I am tired of the assumption that there is no such thing as a strong, sane, non- angsty loner character. outside of Batman I see no strong, not evil loners, I see no more people that "exist in their own right", all I see is these weak, worthless"friends/family are my purpose" characters and their antagonist are just "people secretly sad because they are lonely"

Here's an idea. Stop watching ponies then and be done with it if you hate it so much.

Almost very week when new episode airs we see you coming in here going "WAH WAH THIS CHILDREN'S CARTOON ISN'T GOOD OR SRS ENOUGH FOR ME!!!" It's ponies dude, not Batman TAS.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 18:42:23 Reply

At 1/19/13 05:58 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
Here's an idea. Stop watching ponies then and be done with it if you hate it so much.

Almost very week when new episode airs we see you coming in here going "WAH WAH THIS CHILDREN'S CARTOON ISN'T GOOD OR SRS ENOUGH FOR ME!!!" It's ponies dude, not Batman TAS.

It's funny how you know my post when you clearly haven't read most of them.

You are also highly exaggerating. I praised many episodes as well as gave some criticism. I never go into a bitching "wah wah" phase as you put it, I am simply looking at the the show and saying what I liked/did not like.

giving criticism =/= hate.

Also, if you bothered to read my post you would of read that I was talking about TV in general, not just this show.

To Destiny

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 19:52:15 Reply

At 1/19/13 06:42 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
It's funny how you know my post when you clearly haven't read most of them.

You are also highly exaggerating. I praised many episodes as well as gave some criticism. I never go into a bitching "wah wah" phase as you put it, I am simply looking at the the show and saying what I liked/did not like.

Anyone that has been is this club long enough knows that this is complete bullshit.

giving criticism =/= hate.

Also, if you bothered to read my post you would of read that I was talking about TV in general, not just this show.

^ You see this,This is why no one likes you. Because of that whiny, defensive, condescending attitude and your overinflated sense of self entitlement.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 20:04:50 Reply

At 1/19/13 07:52 PM, kisame wrote:
Anyone that has been is this club long enough knows that this is complete bullshit.

most of the times I post here I either post some parody I liked, or give my criticisms of an episode.

^ You see this,This is why no one likes you. Because of that whiny, defensive, condescending attitude and your overinflated sense of self entitlement.

Like you should talk? You accuse of being whiny jerk, yet all you do is act like a dick towards me.

I'm not being condescending, I also don't like being told to fuck off. I'm also not being whiny, I'm trying to discuss the disagreements me and him have.

If you are ready to discuss stuff without acting like a dick, I will be ready to discuss this farther.

To Destiny

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 21:55:00 Reply

At 1/19/13 08:04 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 1/19/13 07:52 PM, kisame wrote:
most of the times I post here I either post some parody I liked, or give my criticisms of an episode.

And so do the rest of us. The only difference is we don't act like our opinions are the law of the land.

Like you should talk? You accuse of being whiny jerk, yet all you do is act like a dick towards me.

Because you act like dick towards every else

I'm not being condescending, I also don't like being told to fuck off.

con·de·scend·ing

Adjective

Acting in a way that betrays a feeling of patronizing superiority.
(of an action) Demonstrating such an attitude. (I.E what you've been doing ever since you started posting here.)

I'm also not being whiny, I'm trying to discuss the disagreements me and him have.

Sounds to me like you're being a defensive twat.
If you are ready to discuss stuff without acting like a dick, I will be ready to discuss this farther.

You first.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 22:26:27 Reply

At 1/19/13 09:55 PM, kisame wrote:
And so do the rest of us. The only difference is we don't act like our opinions are the law of the land.

I never meant to come off that way, I'm sorry if I have.

I can be pretty cynical, and I can be pretty pessimistic at times but I never intended to come off as a superior. If I have, I'm sorry.

Demonstrating such an attitude. (I.E what you've been doing ever since you started posting here.)

I'm critical of stuff I like, If I have come off as condensing then as before, sorry.

You first.

Fine, but to be fair you're not perfect either.

If I had come off as a pretentious condensing dick, then sorry, I never meant to.

I'm just a critical person, I criticize myself a lot and love criticism from others, I understand how I can come off as condensing but I don't mean to be a dick.

To Destiny

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-19 23:23:21 Reply

At 1/19/13 10:26 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 1/19/13 09:55 PM, kisame wrote:
I never meant to come off that way, I'm sorry if I have.

It happens.

All is forgiven

I can be pretty cynical, and I can be pretty pessimistic at times but I never intended to come off as a superior. If I have, I'm sorry.

Don't worry about it.

Demonstrating such an attitude. (I.E what you've been doing ever since you started posting here.)
I'm critical of stuff I like, If I have come off as condensing then as before, sorry.

Thou art forgiven

You first.
Fine, but to be fair you're not perfect either.

This is true and I've no intention of being perfect

If I had come off as a pretentious condensing dick, then sorry, I never meant to.

Water under the bridge

I'm just a critical person, I criticize myself a lot and love criticism from others, I understand how I can come off as condensing but I don't mean to be a dick.

/)?

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-20 00:20:00 Reply

I absolutely loved the new episode. I couldn't help but feel like Discord's submission was a little out of character, though.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-20 00:21:16 Reply

At 1/19/13 11:23 PM, kisame wrote:
/)?

/).

To Destiny

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-20 02:22:45 Reply

I enjoyed this week's episode personally, it really put Rainbow and Fluttershy to good use by having their natural personalities clash on how they wanted to approach Discord. Though I must say, his turning point seemed very abrupt and almost caught me off. The resolution was fine, but I rather it have been fleshed out a lil more even if it meant cutting a minute or two of discord's antics.

I really do look forward to seeing him in future episodes, as it is likely. Ponykind has earned a powerful ally. Unless...

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-20 03:47:23 Reply

That clopping game that won daily first right now on the front page is terrible.

Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-20 06:45:22 Reply

Don't know about the rest of you but I thought the new episode was fantastic. Greatvisual puns from Discord and Fluttershy being Fluttershy. Really don't have much to complain about. I enjoyed the heck out of it and the ending made me smile.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-20 11:38:39 Reply

At 1/20/13 09:30 AM, Eddmario wrote: Speaking of Discord, John De Lancie's brony documentary has been released for digital download, but they don't want it uploaded onto the internet so they can pay everyone who put blood, sweat, tears, and magic into it.

I would get it, but I don't have the money right now. I won't be stealing it, though.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-20 11:56:12 Reply

At 1/20/13 09:30 AM, Eddmario wrote: Speaking of Discord, John De Lancie's brony documentary has been released for digital download, but they don't want it uploaded onto the internet so they can pay everyone who put blood, sweat, tears, and magic into it.

wasn't that the point of the kickstarter?

I'll wait till someone uploads it somewhere. If it was a few dollars I would consider download, but charging us 13 bucks even after the extremely successful kickstarter seems excessive.

I mean, if you where to get a DVD for that then yeah, it would be justified, but to just get a download. . .

To Destiny

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-20 13:03:44 Reply

I haven't watched any of the episodes in Season 3, since the one with the Pinkie Pies. Should I catch up, are they good?

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-20 13:15:50 Reply

At 1/20/13 01:03 PM, Bryan wrote: I haven't watched any of the episodes in Season 3, since the one with the Pinkie Pies. Should I catch up, are they good?

Eyup

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-20 13:29:48 Reply

At 1/20/13 11:56 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: stuff

I'm watching it on youtube now.

as for serious criticism, It seems like the other documentaries, fun to watch but not really that objective.

other then that, It has some great animations and Q singing, which was pretty cool. Other then that it's the same stuff we've seen before.

I would provide a link, but it seems it was deleted as I was watching it.

To Destiny

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2013-01-20 14:44:22 Reply

At 1/20/13 03:47 AM, Ryan wrote: That clopping game that won daily first right now on the front page is terrible.

That shouldn't surprise anyone in the least seeing that we are on a website whose community is made up of horny teens.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature