New Topic Respond to this Topic
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-10 11:06:19 Reply

Just finished watching the premier! I won't mention anything spoiler related for a day or two, but until then... IT WAS AWESOME! Now you must all wait for the 1080p version to be uploaded to Youtube!

MUTHAFUCKIN PONIIIEEEESSSSSSSSS

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-10 11:07:04 Reply

*SPOILERS*

I'm watching it now, it seems the writers have gotten lazier.

Sombra is extremely generic. He didn't even have any lines, just the cliche laugh and "you will be my slaves". He also even looked generic and gayish. he is probable the most pathetic villain so far.

Twilight is also overpowered, and seems like more of a Mary Sue, I just can't like her character anymore. There where a few times I chucked, and the songs where well written, but that's it.

I really hope the other episodes are better. Just because this has a young audience doesn't mean the writers get a free pass and get to make pass shoddy as quality.

To Destiny
“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-10 11:54:43 Reply

At 11/10/12 11:06 AM, Finalfina wrote: Just finished watching the premier! I won't mention anything spoiler related for a day or two, but until then... IT WAS AWESOME! Now you must all wait for the 1080p version to be uploaded to Youtube!

MUTHAFUCKIN PONIIIEEEESSSSSSSSS

Thanks for not spoiling it for me.

Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-10 12:26:52 Reply

At 11/10/12 11:07 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: I really hope the other episodes are better. Just because this has a young audience doesn't mean the writers get a free pass and get to make pass shoddy as quality.

no hope there. the writing has been shite since a bit into season 2

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-10 12:35:22 Reply

In celebration of the new episode I've changed my icon to an image of best pony.

You live on such a tiny island, at least Gilligan explored his! You're just drawing a tiny circle around your mud hut and saying everything outside it is totally gay.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-10 13:01:33 Reply

I noticed they're now including a "Guest Voices" section of the end credits, but they were only up for a second so I missed the voice for Sombra. Did anybody catch it?

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-10 14:28:22 Reply

The new episodes were simply amazing. The thing I loved the most was Princess Cadence and Shining Armor's relationship. The way they interacted whether it was Armor helping her to leap into the sky or the general way they hugged each other and how Armor held his wife to support her as she struggled with the spell was all incredibly sweet and beautiful. It truly made me happy to see how after an episode of them marrying they are still shown as if anything being even more in love.

Of course there is a lot of adorable shipping material in the episodes, but the canon relationship itself is made incredibly well and does feel real and not forced.

I don't agree that Twilight is "too powerful" as though she is learning to perform progressively more powerful spells to the point of gravity manipulation she is still rendered helpless before other spells, the trap door's fear spell asa prime example as Twilight is still too naive to notice Celestia wasn't acting like she would in reality, as long as Twilight can still be rendered helpless by anything she can't understand herself she could never really be 'too powerful', maybe given time to get over that with more lessons in her advanced studies will allow her to, but for the time being there is no fear in her character being overpowered.

The evil black magic that Twilight learned from Celestia was troubling, it even seemed to effect Celestia as it was cast so if Twilight used too much of that magic it might very well negatively effect the unicorn.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, NekoMika's Legacy!

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-10 15:02:35 Reply

SPOILERISH BLAH BLAH BLAH

herp derpVVV

I enjoyed the new episodes too, but I definitely agree that the villain simply had no development whatsoever which made it difficult to get into the story. A quick background story and some evil laughs with motivations that were so obvious/generic that the writers didn't even need to explain it at all. Least favorite villain so far, and least favorite Equestrian catastrophe thus far. I did like how Luna got more screentime though. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of her this season.

/endspoils

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-10 15:49:03 Reply

My opinion is pretty much the same as anyone else that has an I.Q. of above room temperature. The first two episodes of the season were tacky, and rather slung together.

The Villain
King Sombra was an extremely boring villain with pretty much no redeeming qualities. Instead of making the character interesting and fun they decided to simply give him a cool look and glow. They didn't bother to explain much more about him than "ooh, he's evil and scary", which honestly irritated me a lot. His only goal was tedious and repetitive because 'I want to take over and enslave everyone' has been done a million times. To top it off, his defeat was also as tacky as Chrysalis's. He was defeated by an explosion and disintegrated. Wonderful.

The Songs
The songs were okay in my book. They certainly aren't anything to be overly proud of, and I wouldn't really call them necessary. They seemed to be thrown in for the sake of having a song rather than having something that would be worth it in the overall look at things. When it comes to these, I think that season two did better song wise.

The Humor
I think there were at least some redeeming funny bits here and there. The one that caught my eye the most was Pinkie having disguised herself as Fluttershy. That was random, and extremely funny. Definitely a fitting piece of humor for Pinkie Pie overall. I don't really have anything bad to say about the bits that were supposed to be funny, because they were just that; funny.

The Plot
It seemed pretty much the same as the season two finale, but with different setting and characters. Someone was holding up a protective field and it was wearing on them, causing them to falter and allow the enemy inside. I can't say that this was at all the best piece of writing. Like I said, it all seemed rushed. What I think is that the writers were in a hurry to kick off season three and just took a copy of the ending of season two and called it a new episode just to appease the viewers, which really irritates me.

Overall Score: 2.5/10

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-10 16:44:14 Reply

At 11/10/12 03:49 PM, Sectus wrote: My opinion is pretty much the same as anyone else that has an I.Q. of above room temperature. The first two episodes of the season were tacky, and rather slung together.

You make many valid points and they are all true. Also...

GAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAK GAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAK GAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAK GAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAK GAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAK GAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAKGAK

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-10 16:58:40 Reply

At 11/10/12 03:49 PM, Sectus wrote: The one that caught my eye the most was Pinkie having disguised herself as Fluttershy. That was random, and extremely funny. Definitely a fitting piece of humor for Pinkie Pie overall.

That fluttershy is a spy! :3

I'm waiting for all the TF2 spy parodies now between that scene and one with the night vision goggles.

Yeah, I really hope they bring discord back. if the writers don't get lazy they can write tons of great stories with him acting as a Joker/Q character and being a great villain.

I'm just praying they seize this potential, and the potential they have in many other areas, as I said before I strongly believe that a young target audience doesn't justify shoddy work.

also, I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE!

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

To Destiny
“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-10 21:57:21 Reply

I enjoyed the episode, it certainly wasn't one of the best episodes, far from it, but it was enjoyable none the less.

Favourite moments:

Rainbow Dash trolling Rarity with that "It's just another stone castle." line and Rarity throwing a hissy fit over it.

Pinkie Spie and Pinkie Shy. (AKA Pinkie Pie in a Fluttershy Costume)

Spike finally being able to save the day for once.

Every second that Rarity was on-screen.

You live on such a tiny island, at least Gilligan explored his! You're just drawing a tiny circle around your mud hut and saying everything outside it is totally gay.

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-11 02:58:24 Reply

At 11/10/12 09:57 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote: Spike finally being able to save the day for once.

Agreed. Spike's finally starting to show that he's really got a pair and has proven himself in his moment of glory. These episodes will have a special place for Spike fans at least.

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-11 08:27:10 Reply

I actually quite enjoyed watching these premier episodes. I think they are viewed as weaker since they had to focus on establishing the tone for the season by showing Twilight's progression on her training as well as keeping up with what is already set in terms of all the characters relationships. I didn't mind not having a villian that had all that much going since I really enjoyed just seeing new episodes and that the quality has not, in my mind, gone down.

Luna's book at the end has me wondering how that will come into play and will she get a bigger role in a future episode?

Are they going to air a new episode next week or is this going to be like last time where they showed the first two new ones then waited a couple weeks for the season to start?

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-11 09:53:42 Reply

Overall it was pretty good. Many are hating on Sombra for being underdeveloped, but I think the way he was portrayed in this episode was just right.

Never expected Spike to be the hero.

So much for Heavy and Pyro. Pinkie is now confirmed for spy.

Based on this episode and the wedding one: It appears Cadance's wings are incapable of lifting her. They're just good for gliding or requires an assisted take off.

As for the Gak thing:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=5&q=gak+pony

Among those there's a fanfic of it. There's actually a fanfic of it! *CANS.WAV*

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-11 10:14:46 Reply

This episode was pretty awesome. Can't wait for the next one.

I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-12 02:22:40 Reply

I really hope AJ gets her own song.

I REALLY REALLY DO.

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-12 04:04:05 Reply

Oh we are off to a great start with Season 3. Which is interesting. A lost empire and a villain with little background to him. This story focused mainly on Twilight and this is one of the few episodes to truly treat this show seriously. I mean I was invested in these two episodes from beginning to end, but not invested in a sense of wonder and fun times like the other episodes... I mean dramatically.

I was truly curious about what was going to happen. If more time was given to the villain and the backstory of The Crystal Empire, then this could have been a movie with the number of songs that they gave and the AMAZING character development in this. These two episodes of My Little Pony I can gladly say are my favorites right now, I would put them over Winter Wrap-Up and Read It and Weep.

First off my two favorite characters are Spike and Pinkie Pie. To hear Spike sing along side Twilight at the beginning of this episode made me giddy with joy. Not only that, but as we get near the end of the second episode we see Spike's concern for Twilight. It shows how close these characters. Yeah there have been other episodes showing how close they are, but DAMN was this good and showed how useful Spike really is, and how thoughtful and quick thinking Twilight can be in a situation. These two truly shined in these two episodes and to be honest it truly was about them two.

Now that's not to say some of the whimsy this show is known for wasn't here. Pinkie Pie was comical, but she was outdone by Rarity. Rarity in these two episodes had me laughing my ass off. Also Twilight's spell to get up a staircase with a gravity spell... that was really cool.

If this is how we're starting Season 3, then we are certainly starting off strong. The character development in this again though was just... SO DAMN GOOD!

Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-12 10:03:47 Reply

There is also some great potential that can come from these episodes. While Twilight was able to tap into that dark magic to make things work she has not had any sort of practice. Who knows how bad that stuff could be? Maybe it will come into play where she is unable to control it. Luna may even be her teacher on it since she would be familiar with that kind of power.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-12 10:37:26 Reply

At 11/12/12 02:22 AM, TailsPrower wrote: I really hope AJ gets her own song.

I REALLY REALLY DO.

I hope not, not because I dislike AJ, but so I can take great pleasure in rubbing it in your face, Tails, that Rarity has a decent number of songs and Applejack has none.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-12 14:31:45 Reply

At 11/12/12 10:03 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Luna may even be her teacher on it since she would be familiar with that kind of power.

Oh god yes, I hope this happens. It would easily explain the black book that she was holding at the end. Not only would something like this give Luna more screen time, but it would also give the show an absolutely delicious storyline to follow.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-13 06:32:42 Reply

At 11/12/12 03:30 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Dark magic, IMO, seems like one of the greatest storyline ideas FiM could possibly have. I REALLY hope they pursue this.

If I'm not mistaken, but your Star Wars seems to be showing.

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-13 07:43:11 Reply

• MLP Hentai: Milkmare
    MLP Hentai: Milkmare by Kajio

For those who like crotchboobs... this is for you

Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Adults Only

OH HEY

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-13 13:15:28 Reply

do you guys ever wonder if children are actually watching this show and they're not just continuing for the sake of pleasing a horde of neckbeards (no offense sort of)

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-13 14:41:01 Reply

At 11/13/12 06:32 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 11/12/12 03:30 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Dark magic, IMO, seems like one of the greatest storyline ideas FiM could possibly have. I REALLY hope they pursue this.
If I'm not mistaken, but your Star Wars seems to be showing.

You have to admit that Star Wars is a good match with FiM. Of War and Friendship is of course the perfect example of this.

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-13 16:30:26 Reply

At 11/13/12 01:15 PM, Wunderbar wrote: do you guys ever wonder if children are actually watching this show and they're not just continuing for the sake of pleasing a horde of neckbeards (no offense sort of)

It is certainly possible.

I mean, recently there has been a recent cultural trend to see memes and things associated with the internet as "cool", and more companies are using this to sell stuff.

Although many people here and I watch this show because we enjoy the show and not care for it's internet status, there are companies that are already profiting off of it's internet popularity. (Like hot topic)

And no offense taken with the neckbeard thing, this fanbase does have it's share of creeps.

To Destiny

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-13 20:30:43 Reply

Guys I wanted to run this by you: Rarity X Rarity clop fic. Spike eventually realizes that Rarity will never love him, so he instead steals a lock of her hair and brings it to a lab. He begins working on a cloning machine and uses it to clone Rarity. However, Spike walks under a bridge the next day and it drops on him. Rarity 2 ends up meeting Rarity 1 and they instantly fall in love with each other and have hot sexings.

It's both in character for Rarity and it's hot. What do you think?

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-13 22:07:01 Reply

At 11/13/12 08:30 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote: Guys I wanted to run this by you: Rarity X Rarity clop fic. Spike eventually realizes that Rarity will never love him, so he instead steals a lock of her hair and brings it to a lab. He begins working on a cloning machine and uses it to clone Rarity. However, Spike walks under a bridge the next day and it drops on him. Rarity 2 ends up meeting Rarity 1 and they instantly fall in love with each other and have hot sexings.

It's both in character for Rarity and it's hot. What do you think?

Are you writing it, or did you find it?
Either way, send it to everyone who's posted in this topic via PM

In other news, We Love Fine has a mystery item being added for the holiday season. Any guesses to what it is?

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew 2012-11-14 00:30:22 Reply

At 11/13/12 10:07 PM, Eddmario wrote:
At 11/13/12 08:30 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote:
Are you writing it, or did you find it?

...I was joking, man.