New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 08:44 PM Reply

Does anybody have an accurate ETA for the third season, or perhaps a statement from someone? It is cutting pretty deeply into August at this point, and I'm starting to get slightly worried.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 10:39 PM Reply

At 8/24/12 08:04 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
Fluttershy is too adorable to work. :C

I would still work with her.

Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 11:00 PM Reply

At 8/24/12 10:39 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 8/24/12 08:04 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
Fluttershy is too adorable to work. :C
I would still work with her.

While I on the other hand would work her. Yes, work her.

Two to nothing on sex puns bam~

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 11:15 PM Reply

At 8/24/12 11:00 PM, Ryan wrote: While I on the other hand would work her. Yes, work her.

Try and keep those to a minimum there cap'n. We don't want to turn away any potential members that happen to hate cloppers with a passion.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 11:24 PM Reply

At 8/24/12 11:15 PM, Sectus wrote:
At 8/24/12 11:00 PM, Ryan wrote: While I on the other hand would work her. Yes, work her.

Try and keep those to a minimum there cap'n. We don't want to turn away any potential members that happen to hate cloppers with a passion.

So no link to Ask Princess Molestia, even if it's a Gamer Luna image?

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 25th, 2012 @ 12:20 AM Reply

At 8/25/12 12:09 AM, Rhinocerider wrote:
Seriously though it sold for 700 dollars. Full respect to the person who bought it.

And disappointment at the same time.

|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 25th, 2012 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 8/24/12 11:24 PM, Eddmario wrote: So no link to Ask Princess Molestia, even if it's a Gamer Luna image?

As long as it is tasteful, I do not mind it. Just try not to post to obvious clop or gore shit. If people really seem interested in viewing it, they can ask one of you and you can provide it. I would prefer to keep the group in a neutral state so we can cater to bronies of all types.

e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 25th, 2012 @ 12:18 PM Reply

At 8/25/12 10:11 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Not sure if somebody posted this already, but this is just hilarious.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/bluevon/clopjobs

i had no idea ponyville had so many lesbians

i wonder what the societal norm is over there for homosexuality?

heterosexual pairings seem to be the norm, but there seems to be way more females than males, which makes me wonder...

Creator of the Death Note club
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 25th, 2012 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 8/25/12 12:18 PM, e-lord wrote: i had no idea ponyville had so many lesbians

heterosexual pairings seem to be the norm, but there seems to be way more females than males, which makes me wonder...

I find this amusing simply for the fact that Rainbow Dash would never turn down a challenge. She would say something like "I'll bed them all in ten seconds flat." which would make me collapse in a fit of laughter.

Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 25th, 2012 @ 02:23 PM Reply

At 8/25/12 01:47 PM, Sectus wrote:
At 8/25/12 12:18 PM, e-lord wrote: i had no idea ponyville had so many lesbians

I find this amusing simply for the fact that Rainbow Dash would never turn down a challenge. She would say something like "I'll bed them all in ten seconds flat." which would make me collapse in a fit of laughter.

So true. So, so true. I dunno why, probably because I've not been watching MLP, and just waiting for the new season, but RD is only my 2nd favourite now. Daring Do is definitely numero uno.

BBS Signature
HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 25th, 2012 @ 11:46 PM Reply

At 8/25/12 12:18 PM, e-lord wrote:
At 8/25/12 10:11 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Not sure if somebody posted this already, but this is just hilarious.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/bluevon/clopjobs
i had no idea ponyville had so many lesbians

Polygamy usually happens when that happens. Men usually have multiple wives so that every woman can have a husband or partner and men get more wives for obvious reasons. This usually occurs after a massive total war that's severely depopulated a nation of males.

I wonder if a giant war has happened recently in the show's background...

A friend'll give you the shirt off his back, a true friend will help you hide a body.
"game of thrones is basically will and grace with dragons" - yurgenburgen

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 26th, 2012 @ 12:55 AM Reply

At 8/25/12 11:46 PM, HomicidialFrog wrote: I wonder if a giant war has happened recently in the show's background...

Yes, I bet Ponymort attacked them shortly before the show's starting. In all seriousness, a war would be something rather interesting to see when it comes to FiM.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 26th, 2012 @ 01:55 AM Reply

At 8/26/12 01:00 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: Another awesome review by Josh Scorcher.

I want more of these reviews. They are rather intriguing.

Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 26th, 2012 @ 06:25 AM Reply

Hello again everyone. Not sure if i've been missed or not. Either way, I see that the club has a LOT of new members. Totally loving that it has stayed active throughout the summer. I just finished reading through everything i've missed in club.

I'm back in college and dammit, i want ponies already. Shame none of my roommates are bronies. I'll soon change that. My Fluttershy and I are ready for whatever this year has to throw at us!

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 26th, 2012 @ 10:13 AM Reply

At 8/26/12 06:25 AM, Finalfina wrote: Hello again everyone. Not sure if i've been missed or not. Either way, I see that the club has a LOT of new members. Totally loving that it has stayed active throughout the summer. I just finished reading through everything i've missed in club.

I'm back in college and dammit, i want ponies already. Shame none of my roommates are bronies. I'll soon change that. My Fluttershy and I are ready for whatever this year has to throw at us!

That Flutttershy is a spy. I am the TRUE and HONEST Fluttershy. I have 800+ posts, so you know I am legit.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 26th, 2012 @ 12:21 PM Reply

At 8/26/12 06:25 AM, Finalfina wrote: Hello again everyone. Not sure if i've been missed or not. Either way, I see that the club has a LOT of new members. Totally loving that it has stayed active throughout the summer. I just finished reading through everything i've missed in club.

Good to have you back here, Fina. I am starting school just recently, so most of my time is dedicated to that. What little free time I do have is spent here on NG, or on other computer-related pursuits. I am looking forward to Season 3 as well, but I am not sure as from what I understand they have not set a release date yet.

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 26th, 2012 @ 12:44 PM Reply

At 8/26/12 06:25 AM, Finalfina wrote: At 8/26/12 10:13 AM, Fluttershy wrote: At 8/26/12 12:21 PM, Sectus wrote:

Oh no Fluttershy's taking over! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 26th, 2012 @ 12:49 PM Reply

At 8/26/12 12:44 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 8/26/12 06:25 AM, Finalfina wrote: At 8/26/12 10:13 AM, Fluttershy wrote: At 8/26/12 12:21 PM, Sectus wrote:

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 26th, 2012 @ 01:17 PM Reply

was this posted before? i don't think it has been

personally, i think discord won

Creator of the Death Note club
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 26th, 2012 @ 02:30 PM Reply

At 8/26/12 01:17 PM, e-lord wrote: was this posted before? i don't think it has been

I agree. Discord annihilated.

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 26th, 2012 @ 02:34 PM Reply

At 8/26/12 01:17 PM, e-lord wrote: was this posted before? i don't think it has been

Discord won, no doubt. Discord is honestly ten times the villain The Queen was. Either way, that was done pretty well and I hope we can see more.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 01:07 AM Reply

At 8/27/12 01:01 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: I- I can't believe it.

That's too bad, but you gotta remember, there are always more brony artists out there. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend however, hell maybe we'll see more new artists.

HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 02:48 AM Reply

At 8/26/12 12:44 PM, TailsPrower wrote:

Don't worry repeat after me "Fluttershy, Fluttershy, Fluttershy can hardly fly!"!

It's they're only weakness.

A friend'll give you the shirt off his back, a true friend will help you hide a body.
"game of thrones is basically will and grace with dragons" - yurgenburgen

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 03:03 AM Reply

At 8/27/12 02:48 AM, HomicidialFrog wrote: Don't worry repeat after me "Fluttershy, Fluttershy, Fluttershy can hardly fly!"!

Isn't that, like, the reason why she's so emotionally withdrawn and fragile?

and thus extremely dangerous

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 04:29 PM Reply

At 8/27/12 03:03 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 8/27/12 02:48 AM, HomicidialFrog wrote: Don't worry repeat after me "Fluttershy, Fluttershy, Fluttershy can hardly fly!"!
Isn't that, like, the reason why she's so emotionally withdrawn and fragile?

and thus extremely dangerous

The yellow one is the worst. obv. Butterfly or something? Fireshy?

BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 05:29 PM Reply

First of all, I took the time to sit down and watch the show so that I could form an opinion on it, and the first thing that stood out to me was that most of the dialogue between pretentious and fake, which is due to faults in both the acting and the script. If you don't believe me, I cite the first episode as my most prominent reference, specifically Twilight's conversations with her soon-to-be pony friends when she first meets them. Getting into this "My Little Phony" aspect (I'm so punny, aren't I?), the basis for the characters within this show even seems pretentious. It's like the creators of the show said "We need a show that will appeal to an adorable, girly demographic. Hmm...let's make it about cute, pink ponies!" Thus, the lack of artistic integrity is apparent from every angle, even the show's name: "My Little Pony"! The word "my" is irrelevant since the ponies do not belong to anybody, the word "little" doesn't entirely apply either because the ponies are approximately life-sized, and the word "pony" is practically rendered moot because the vast majority of the cast--including the main character--is made up of unicorns and pegasi! (Pegasuses? Pegases? Pegapeople? I don't know.) Anyhow, the show feels like a by-product of media whores trashing the cartoon industry yet again.
An issue that elicits more of a mixed response from me is the personality of the characters themselves. When I first began watching the show, I sincerely identified with the main character, Twilight Sparkle, due to similarities in our personalities. However, as I progressed through the show, the spotlight zoomed away from Twilight in order to focus on the other characters, none of whom I like very much. Apple Jack is an ethnic stereotype in equine form, with no visible defining characteristics other than her Southern accent, Pinkie Pie is so hyperactive that she almost frightens me, Rarity is another ethnic stereotype as well as a glamor gal, which does not appeal to me, and Rainbow Dash's tomboy personality would be more charming if she wasn't so brash and even bossy at times. Naturally, I hardly harbor any respect for this bunch of misfits.
Lastly, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have noticed some striking similarities between My Little Pony and Sonic the Hedgehog. I'm not going to list all of them due to their excessive numbers, but the Sonic Rainboom, for example, is ripped straight out of the opening cutscene of Sonic CD, with the exception that the latter presented it from a 2D angle. Moreover, Discord, the master of chaos, appears to share multiple characteristics with Chaos, the god of destruction. To name a few, they have synonymous names, they are both dragon-like creatures (Chaos applies to this category in his Perfect Chaos form), both have prophetic murals dedicated to them, and both can be defeated by a handful of magic stones influenced by positive emotions. Go ahead, disprove my words.

It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 8/27/12 05:29 PM, oobooglunk wrote: Post too long, shortened it.

The show is a lot better in the later episodes, and season two. Personally, I feel each character has their own charming traits, and of course they start out seemingly stereotypical as the show premiers, if they were already deep and developed, there would be little to no character development as the story goes along. To fully appreciate each character you need to join them along the ride in all of their adventures, so you develop an attachment, and a fondness of their personality traits and actions.

While it may seem rather stale and uninteresting to begin with, every character seems that way at the beginning, and they develop as they interact with each other and face challenges together. It is these challenges that strengthen their bonds, and make them better friends for it.

Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 8/27/12 05:29 PM, oobooglunk wrote:

Just go away. Your textwall was annoying, nigh unreadable, and your points showed obvious proof that you have only actually seen the first pilot episodes, where the characters are played out as such because the stage must be set for the rest of the season.

Really.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 05:59 PM Reply

At 8/27/12 05:49 PM, Mumbo wrote: Just go away. Your textwall was annoying, nigh unreadable, and your points showed obvious proof that you have only actually seen the first pilot episodes, where the characters are played out as such because the stage must be set for the rest of the season.

Really.

Please try not to be as aggressive and unfriendly in your counter-arguments. Despite the way he posts it, he has presented points that need to be countered in a fair, respectful debate, not a hate-filled flame session. That attitude will not help diffuse our fandom one bit, and I would prefer that people not think us a bunch of angry fat kids that get mad at anyone who doesn't think like us.

oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Aug. 27th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM Reply

At 8/27/12 05:49 PM, Mumbo wrote:
At 8/27/12 05:29 PM, oobooglunk wrote:
Just go away. Your textwall was annoying, nigh unreadable, and your points showed obvious proof that you have only actually seen the first pilot episodes, where the characters are played out as such because the stage must be set for the rest of the season.

Discord doesn't appear until the second season, so your argument is invalid. Moreover, your obvious irritability at the length of my post doesn't give your intelligence much credit, as I always proofread my texts for legibility and grammar.

It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.