Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 01:23 PM Reply

At 4/14/12 01:15 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
The lack of the episodes to watch is sad, as they are great to watch, but at the same time you don't need to worry about the fan side of the show, that will continue all summer.

Yeah you're right, but what are we to discuss with no new topics though?

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 01:45 PM Reply

At 4/14/12 01:23 PM, Nevermind wrote:
The lack of the episodes to watch is sad, as they are great to watch, but at the same time you don't need to worry about the fan side of the show, that will continue all summer.
Yeah you're right, but what are we to discuss with no new topics though?

Likely be mostly about fanstuff, the club is likely to be less active during the down period which is to be expected. But can still get your pony fill on other websites where the stuff will still be made. I'll likely ignore the club for a while until the next season comes as I personally seem to have a different taste in what fancontent I like compared to others so will end up keeping it to myself more unless wanting to show something :p

At 4/14/12 01:29 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: I find it odd that fans are able to perform all of the individual tasks needed to produce an episode (Animation, voice acting, and writing), yet there has never been a full fan-made episode.

Making an episode with the same quality as the show requires a lot of skill to be professional quality. Many videos do look good, but don't look quite the same as the show as their animation is made by professionals.

There are short episodes fans have made, and there are also a few long ones that have been talked about. For example no one knows what "Project Saturation" Supermariogalaxy is making is about atm, but it seems to be pony based and has voice actors doing Twilight Sparkle and Discord etc. at the moment so that may very well end up being a fan made episode if not a movie, can only speculate that until we hear more about it.

Similarily, others may very well be making such episodes, but the vast skill and time needed to make them is very taxing for people not being payed for it or professional about it etc. We need to remember most fanmade stuff is free as we can't make money from something we don't own, so the majority of us work with no money for what we make, which in the end means we still need todo other things for the income and can't spend all our time working on them. That is a big reason why fanmade stuff tends to be only have a small group of people maximum working on it, as most of them are doing it for nothing as a hobby.

It is always good to see people making small episodes in flash etc. and drawing comics and writing fiction of episode ideas. Yet it takes a lot of people a lot of time to make a full episode.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 01:56 PM Reply

At 4/14/12 01:45 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
It is always good to see people making small episodes in flash etc. and drawing comics and writing fiction of episode ideas. Yet it takes a lot of people a lot of time to make a full episode.

I hear that shit, this Bubbles thing is progressing very slowly. Well, when I do work on it.

In other news I read on some Hasbro announcement that Cadence met Twilight's bro when she was babysitting Twilight. Why would a royal alicorn out of all available staff be babysitting?

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 05:01 PM Reply

Quick question, what does everypony think of this drawing? It was done by a friend of mine, who seems to think it isn't good. However I beg to differ.

What do you think?

horsenwelles
horsenwelles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Movie Buff
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 05:10 PM Reply

just popping by to say this:

my horse pal: hoove house or something about friends is just fosters home for imaginary friends with more attention to the talking horses.

there is no different in the characterization, there is no difference in the animation, they have the same creator, but my little whatever is simply a rekindling while fosters was original.

my horse buddy is ok i guess, but the only reason any of you like it is based on irony, pretentiousness, or reverse psychological protection of masculinity. there is much better things to waste your time on enjoying, and i simply do not think my stallion partner is worth all of your time.

that is all.

flank, the dog

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 4/14/12 05:13 PM, Rhinocerider wrote: Her left wing looks a bit mispositioned, and her right rear leg seems disproportionate from the rest. It's clear that she isn't biting the rope in her mouth. Her tail seems to have received much less shading than her hair, but that's just nitpicking. Besides those three things (That last one really doesn't count), it actually looks flawless to me. I don't know why he doesn't think it's good, it's something to be very proud of.

I'd get that framed and hang it in my room. That stuff's really good. I've been doodling Scootaloo recently, but nowhere near that. (and I fancy myself a good artist)

|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature
BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 4/14/12 01:23 PM, Nevermind wrote: Yeah you're right, but what are we to discuss with no new topics though?

Our fanbase is one of the best in the world. There will be TONS of fan made stuff to fill the void.

For instance MAGIC.MOV just came out! :D

Watch it now!!

Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 07:20 PM Reply

At 4/14/12 05:13 PM, Rhinocerider wrote: I don't know why he doesn't think it's good

*she

Thanks for the constructive criticism though, It's always helpful!

Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 07:25 PM Reply

Wait, when is the Royal Wedding episode(s) airing?

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 08:00 PM Reply

At 4/14/12 07:29 PM, Rhinocerider wrote:
At 4/14/12 07:20 PM, Snuff wrote: At 4/14/12 07:25 PM, Bryan wrote: Wait, when is the Royal Wedding episode(s) airing?
The Royal Wedding episodes are airing on April 21st, both of them. So yeah, the season's going to end next week.

I'm crossing my fingers that this episode will be the most epic one yet.

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 4/14/12 05:01 PM, Snuff wrote: Quick question, what does everypony think of this drawing? It was done by a friend of mine, who seems to think it isn't good. However I beg to differ.
What do you think?

The drawing is very nice, the shading is beautifully done. Very simplistic with no colouring or background etc. however simplicity in many cases proves to be better than having unnecessary extras.

Does your friend have a deviantART account? I am sure many people will enjoy such pictures made by her if she set one up.

As for the Royal Wedding episode, I do hope it will be good, and the show hasn't failed to deliver so far so I am sure it will be. What I like is how despite being a wedding it still has a lot in common with The Gala which also ended the previous series. I am not sure which I will find best until I see it of course, but likely be as good as The Gala was despite not having the series long build up to it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 03:44 AM Reply

So today i was in San Francisco in japantown. Today was the first day of the Cherry Blossom Festival. Now I already posted something about San Fran and Japantown in the Anime Club thread, but i left out ONE crucial detail.

There were a number of cosplayers today and there was one in particular that I flipped my shit about. I was sitting next to a fountain and I saw....... ahem... I saw a Fluttershy Cosplayer. I didn't grasp it at first, because all the other cosplayers were doing stuff from various anime. Her costume looked awesome. And as i'm typing this, i'm severely regretting that i didn't take a picture with her.

Dammit. Still made my day though.

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 08:41 AM Reply

At 4/15/12 03:44 AM, Finalfina wrote:

Sounds pretty awesome, I don't think I'll ever see anything like that here in Sweden but that's probably for the better anyway. Less exposure, less haters.

RYNOL
RYNOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Audiophile
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 02:01 PM Reply

At 4/13/12 12:04 AM, The-Great-One wrote: It seems though as I have been looking through this thread that some users tend to love the fan aspects of the show more than the show itself, I don't know if that's completely true, I know it's not because I've spoken with other bronies on and off about the show and have had wonderful discussions about it, but that seems to deteriorate here in this crew.

Now I love the fan stuff as much as the next person, but it seems it is overshadowing the show itself which is a wonderful show.

I'm not to keen on fanwork personally. I mainly just watch the show and end up watching an odd parody and read a popular fanfic every now and then. I really like the show, but that's about it for me. I mainly get my information about fanwork from this topic anyway.

At 4/14/12 01:45 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 4/14/12 01:23 PM, Nevermind wrote:
Likely be mostly about fanstuff, the club is likely to be less active during the down period which is to be expected. But can still get your pony fill on other websites where the stuff will still be made. I'll likely ignore the club for a while until the next season comes as I personally seem to have a different taste in what fancontent I like compared to others so will end up keeping it to myself more unless wanting to show something :p

I feel like I won't have much to say around here during the gap. But I don't want to stop coming here so I'll stay. I might not post all too much though, but I'll try.

At 4/15/12 08:41 AM, Nevermind wrote:
At 4/15/12 03:44 AM, Finalfina wrote:
Sounds pretty awesome, I don't think I'll ever see anything like that here in Sweden but that's probably for the better anyway. Less exposure, less haters.

Yeah, I'm not living in Sweden right now, but I haven't really met a lot of people who even know about ponies. Where I'm at right now (Saudi Arabia) I have a few friends who know about it. No fellow bronies, but people who know. They make jokes about me being gay because of it, but they don't care at all really. In Sweden though, it's non-existent for all I know.

I need a sig.
PSN: gowow20

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 02:54 PM Reply

I was digging through my old photos and came across something rather interesting. This is an explosion from some of the clandestine fireworks we smuggled across the border a few years ago for good ol' 4th of July. It seems as though Celestia rewarded us with this spectacular display.

Kinda looks like a pegasus, you can even see the front hooves on the bottom there.

The Official Mlp:fim Crew

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 4/15/12 02:54 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I was digging through my old photos and came across something rather interesting. This is an explosion from some of the clandestine fireworks we smuggled across the border a few years ago for good ol' 4th of July. It seems as though Celestia rewarded us with this spectacular display.

Kinda looks like a pegasus, you can even see the front hooves on the bottom there.

And this is why you shouldn't use a DSi/3DS/Phone to take pictures of fireworks.

Getting back on topic, I wanna know where I can get tickets to see the live performance of this.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 07:25 PM Reply

At 4/15/12 02:54 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Kinda looks like a pegasus, you can even see the front hooves on the bottom there.

I think you are trying to hard to make everything seem more like My Little Pony. That is like saying that because an X-Wing fighter has wings on it, it looks like a Pegasus.

Enough of your silliness!

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 4/15/12 07:25 PM, Sectus wrote: I think you are trying to hard to make everything seem more like My Little Pony. That is like saying that because an X-Wing fighter has wings on it, it looks like a Pegasus.

Enough of your silliness!

I thought it looked like an equine long before FiM came along, really. But nowadays I sometimes do see the world in context of ponies. I can't even look at an apple without thinking about AJ. APPLE.MOV didn't help either.

[Related to my strife]

At 4/15/12 07:32 PM, Rhinocerider wrote: Great. Now we're gonna start saying that all dickneck pictures look like Applejack just because she stretched her neck out in "Party of One".

The beast awakens.

I dunno man, seems like a stretch to me.

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 09:29 PM Reply

I feel sick, as if something has gone horribly wrong.

It started yesterday, as I read Ask Princess Molestia. I noticed how super cool Luna is. I payed it no mind, as she slowly crept up my favourites list.

However, today I realized that she is actually very close to overtaking Rainbow Dash for number one. I don't want this to happen.

I need to watch Sonic Rainboom and such to psyche myself up for Rainbow.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 09:54 PM Reply

Speaking of Princess Molestia, I'm in love with Anon's voice.

I love that video's Molestia voice. the others are so... bad.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 10:09 PM Reply

At 4/15/12 09:54 PM, SolidToad wrote:
Speaking of Princess Molestia, I'm in love with Anon's voice.
I love that video's Molestia voice. the others are so... bad.

I agree, hilarious video. Also agree that more episodes with Luna would be nice.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
RYNOL
RYNOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Audiophile
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 12:25 PM Reply

At 4/15/12 09:42 PM, Eddmario wrote: So Sethisto of Equestria Daily got invited and went to a HUB-sponsored showing of the finale yesterday. Quick, see if we can find a leaked copy of the finale.

Damn he made it sound good. I'm not going to look at any information regarding the two-parters though to keep the episode as un-spoiled as possible. Definitely looking forward to it now.

I need a sig.
PSN: gowow20

Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 12:45 PM Reply

At 4/16/12 12:25 PM, RYNOL wrote:
Damn he made it sound good. I'm not going to look at any information regarding the two-parters though to keep the episode as un-spoiled as possible. Definitely looking forward to it now.

You and i are on the same boat. I don't want any sort of previews or spoilers.

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 12:48 PM Reply

At 4/16/12 12:25 PM, RYNOL wrote:

I like to "peak at my Christmas presents" So I'm planning on looking for as much spoilers, and leaks as possible.

I need my pony fix.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 03:42 PM Reply

I don't like to watch previews and things, ruins it for me.

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 03:55 PM Reply

It's time for "Manly-Chicken predicts obvious, inevitable jokes"

It's a pie chart.
But it's a line or bar graph that tells something about pies or the sales thereof.

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 03:58 PM Reply

At 4/16/12 03:55 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: It's time for "Manly-Chicken predicts obvious, inevitable jokes"

It's a pie chart.
But it's a line or bar graph that tells something about pies or the sales thereof.

Gotta admit, that was kind of corny.

I expected more from you. :(

BBS Signature