SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 01:29 PM Reply

At 39 minutes ago, Eddmario wrote:
At 51 seconds ago, Eddmario wrote: Is Newgrounds being weird for anybody else right now? I tried restarting my browser, but that didn't do anything. I'd post an image of what I mean, but there's no button to.
And as soon as I post that Newgrounds returns to normal. Anyway, here's what it looked like for me:

I get that from time to time. It only happens when the CSS fails to load. Just hit Ctrl + F5 and it should load properly.

Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 01:50 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Eddmario wrote: Is Newgrounds being weird for anybody else right now? I tried restarting my browser, but that didn't do anything. I'd post an image of what I mean, but there's no button to.

My version of the frontpage is the redesign under construction page.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 6th, 2012 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 3 hours ago, Nevermind wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Eddmario wrote: Is Newgrounds being weird for anybody else right now? I tried restarting my browser, but that didn't do anything. I'd post an image of what I mean, but there's no button to.
My version of the frontpage is the redesign under construction page.

Yeah, I had the same thing from around 9:00 to 10:00 AM this morning. I suppose it was just a glitch for some people. Obviously everything has been sorted out now. Tom might have been working on something.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 01:09 AM Reply

Yeah, I had the same thing from around 9:00 to 10:00 AM this morning. I suppose it was just a glitch for some people. Obviously everything has been sorted out now. Tom might have been working on something.

I spoke with Tom about it, and he managed to fix it for me pretty quickly :)

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 02:24 AM Reply

Hello my bronies. I know I haven't been here much. Technical errors involving my laptop's screen, won't bore you with the details, posting this from my PS3.

So I saw the new Fluttershy episode which was an interesting idea, but I just felt kind of 'meh' really. I did enjoy seeing my two favorite ponies Pinkie Pie and Rarity though and I also loved seeing Pinkie Pie revive the classic Looney Tunes joke from Bugs Bunny.

Overall though the episode was just 'meh' to me. Not bad, but not even close to what we've been getting throughout this season. They can't all be winners I guess.

Speaking of Pinkie Pie and Looney Tunes, please someone tell me that I'm not the only one who sees that Pinkie Pie's skipping is directly inspired by Pepe Le Pew's skipping.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 03:31 AM Reply

At 15 hours ago, Nevermind wrote: Ponies listed as "unfortunate" on the NG memes page, next to 9/11..

WAT

Yea, I'm not a fan of it being named as just a meme, especially since the flash of it usually isn't the meme side.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 03:59 AM Reply

At 15 hours ago, Nevermind wrote: Ponies listed as "unfortunate" on the NG memes page, next to 9/11..

WAT

Why am I not surprised?

It figures election season would get rolled into ponies: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/03/discussion-pony-presid ential-elections.html
Twilight is winning by a landslide. It's only the mane 6 (i'm surprised Celestia isn't a choice). Too bad because I support Luna/Derpy 2012 :P

Speaking of Celestia and Luna: Here's how to settle the war between the Solar Empire, NLR, and Discord.

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 04:32 AM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Ragnarokia wrote:

WAT
Yea, I'm not a fan of it being named as just a meme, especially since the flash of it usually isn't the meme side.

Precisely, the content just differs too much to be called ameme, plus the creative aspects are more than just a captioned image. But what really pisses me off is being placed next to 9/11, I mean come on. How unfortunate can it be.

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 04:53 AM Reply

At 16 hours ago, Nevermind wrote: Ponies listed as "unfortunate" on the NG memes page, next to 9/11..

WAT

I dunno, I'm taking it in a humorous light :3

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 05:02 AM Reply

At 7 minutes ago, TailsPrower wrote:
At 16 hours ago, Nevermind wrote: Ponies listed as "unfortunate" on the NG memes page, next to 9/11..

WAT

The problem from it being though, that people will just go "Look it's classed as meme so it's a meme shit up about it being good" or something as equally narrow minded as that if ponies get brought into a conversation.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 08:20 AM Reply

At 3 hours ago, TailsPrower wrote:

WAT

Well they could just be fucking with us, or someone in the staff. I guess it would be unwise to throw a fit now since everyone probably allready thinks we act like kids since the Derpy incident.

Uchumaru08
Uchumaru08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 12:13 PM Reply

Watching the new episode about Fluttershy was really hard for me to watch. Seeing her act like that, was just so painful.

Minecraft - IAmJim .,--,. Steam - IAmJim
Sig made by Squidbit.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 12:19 PM Reply

At 4 minutes ago, Uchumaru08 wrote: Watching the new episode about Fluttershy was really hard for me to watch. Seeing her act like that, was just so painful.

I am just glad that in the end she learned to assert herself in a calm, pointed manner. It really makes me proud of her.

Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 15 minutes ago, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 8 hours ago, wildfire4461 wrote: It figures election season would get rolled into ponies: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/03/discussion-pony-presid ential-elections.html
I vote Rainbow Dash. We could use a 20% cooler country.

Go ahead and do that while I overthrow the Swedish goverment with AJ, if anyone knows how to solve unemployment it's her!

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 01:28 PM Reply

At 23 minutes ago, Eddmario wrote: Apparently Pipsqueak was in the new episode.

Those beuatiful sneaky fucks in the animator team. Always something new to see!

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 02:21 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, Nevermind wrote:
Also, I propose that we refer to female bronies as bronitas.
I guess that'd work, I'd go with Bronettes but then again that has nothing to do with ponies.

I don't think we need a word for a female MLP fan. One reason the word brony was created was because before FIM, MLP was really just a marketing ploy aimed at little girls, the idea of a grown man being a fan was really seemed to contrast the audience of the MLP franchise (Before FIM) and because of that it was really distinct.

If FIM never existed, it would be ok and and not really out of the ordinary for a female to like MLP. There's the Nostalgia value if she grew up with it, and just the general attitude and tone of the show, which women may find "cute".

On top of this, creating a "brony word" for women may fuel the idea of this being a meme due to the (incorrectly assumed) idea that brony is a meme, which is something I really don't want.

BBS Signature
Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 02:30 PM Reply

On top of this, creating a "brony word" for women may fuel the idea of this being a meme due to the (incorrectly assumed) idea that brony is a meme, which is something I really don't want.

The dude has a point! We've seen many words originate as meaning something else but change completely with time, so I see no real reason not to make the term gender-neutral.

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 03:59 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Nevermind wrote:
The dude has a point! We've seen many words originate as meaning something else but change completely with time, so I see no real reason not to make the term gender-neutral.

1.study language and philology.
2. apply it to ponies. :P

BBS Signature
Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 04:18 PM Reply

At 17 minutes ago, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Nevermind wrote:
1.study language and philology.
2. apply it to ponies. :P

I can't even think of a better use of precious education than to apply it on ponies :3

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Voice Actor
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 04:51 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: On top of this, creating a "brony word" for women may fuel the idea of this being a meme due to the (incorrectly assumed) idea that brony is a meme, which is something I really don't want.

I don't see how this would propagate that notion - if anything, blame KYM for that. I feel that since brony is derived from a masculine word there ought to be one for females. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 04:56 PM Reply

I don't see the need for a new word to describe female pony lovers. Masculine or not, the word is obviously enough to point out lovers of MLP. Pegasisters was always an awful one, so if there ever WERE a word change, I would say either Bronita or Bronette.

I would honestly just rather call them bronies.

Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 13 minutes ago, Sectus wrote: I don't see the need for a new word to describe female pony lovers. Masculine or not, the word is obviously enough to point out lovers of MLP. Pegasisters was always an awful one, so if there ever WERE a word change, I would say either Bronita or Bronette.

I would honestly just rather call them bronies.

Same, It'll be a cold day in hell before I call somebody a Pegasister.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 05:53 PM Reply

At 5 minutes ago, Eddmario wrote: Fighting is Magic gameplay of Fluttershy.

Rarity's Battle Theme

Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 01:16 AM Reply

At 2 hours ago, Rhinocerider wrote: Was on TVTropes again, and I found this below "Hearts and Hooves Day".

When the camera pans around the classroom at the beginning of the episode, there is a purple-maned unicorn filly who's hiding a Valentine behind her back. She moves as if she's going to give it to Twist or the roly-poly grey colt, but she finds the colt already hugging Twist because she gave him a card. She immediately drops her card and miserably puts her head on her desk. It's easy to miss, but it's heartwrenching once it's noticed.

Oh man, not even in Equestria is valentines day happy. Never liked the holiday anyway, those who are allready together would be anyway and those who aren't feel bad. Poor purple maned unicorn filly.

shrimpchris
shrimpchris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 02:48 AM Reply

At 8 hours ago, Eddmario wrote: Fighting is Magic gameplay of Fluttershy.

I actually just watched that before coming here. I had to catch up on like 8 pages of stuff.

Also, Brony has been considered a unisex term for quite a while now. Where have you guys been?

Did you guys miss me? Welp... Either way I'm finally back. Good to see you guys again.
I bet nopony even noticed. T-T
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Official Mlp:fim Crew Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 05:04 AM Reply

An example of when knockoff toys rule: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/03/neat-derpy-knockoff-on -taobao.html?showComment=1331200474749#c8327251892782422487
I checked. Counting shipping it might cost $40, but after that incident I seriously doubt Hasbro will ever make one.

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature