00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Einstein could be wrong!

2,018 Views | 24 Replies

Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-22 22:42:57

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-22 22:47:11

What you aren't even going to post your own opinion? That's fantastic that is.

Even if these results are verified correct and accurate it doesn't invalidate Einsteins theory, it merely adds to it, because the neutrino's won't attain that speed via normal means, it will most likely be gained through interdimensional means, if it is indeed happening at all.

Einstein theory can probably never be disproven, because it actually works, there will only ever be exceptions and additions to it.

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-22 22:51:57

Everything Einstein said was false. Ever.

And his wife too. His cock wasn't nearly that big.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-22 22:58:46

And everything else could be wrong too.

What ever happened to the middle?

Also, MUSIC!! Check it out 'n stuff. {1}

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-22 22:59:37

Quantum Mechanics regularly breaks the Theory of Relativity. This is perfectly fine when particulate forces, such as electromagnetism and electrical forces are studied, but when gravity is applied, it doesn't fit because most particles disregard relativistic motion.

So, yeah, Einstein's theory has been applied before and failed.

Personally, I think that a new approach is necessary in order to approximate Einstein's theory down to small levels, and then all of physics will be solved!

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-22 23:01:00

Josh's 2nd serve is faster than light, too.

brb throwing up

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-22 23:04:19

wow someone saying a scientific theory is wrong in light of new evidence this hasn't happened a billion times

and a lot of einstein's stuff has been disproved over the years.

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-22 23:26:06

At 9/22/11 10:47 PM, SomaGuye wrote: What you aren't even going to post your own opinion? That's fantastic that is.

I'm too much of a novice in the field to be able to form a real opinion. I just think its interesting that one of Einstein's biggest ideas could be wrong.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-22 23:33:08

I can't wait for this to be further researched, and maybe even concretely proven.

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-22 23:46:43

i think the main issue here is that microscopic particle has wave properties which are not negligible.
it is impossible to localise a sub atomic particle because of uncertainty priniciple, hence the particle can only be described as a probablity distribution over space, while center of wave packet is considered where the particle 'is'.

the total wavefunction of a particle is simply the sum over all possible wavefunctions with different momentum, and thus can be seen as a superposition of classical waves with different fequency. it is possible for the center of the wave packet to appear to be travelling at speed greater than c because the group velocity can be greater than c (this is allowed in physics).

on a side note, no infomation can be carried with speeds greater than c. if you happen to see two events happening at the same time at different locations, they are not related to each other.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-22 23:54:26

actually the truth is simple, god invented the great machine we know as the universe, it calculates proven fact and anticipated theory and constantly adjusts to add more layers to the clockwork so that man will never discover the answer until man abandons all scientific practice and reverts back to primitive logic.

I R GENIUS, I DRINK BEER BEFORE LIQUOR TO GET DRUNKER QUICKER

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-23 00:04:51

All scence is theory and can and will be proven false, or atleast not fully correct, at some point or another

Posting from my Epic 4G on the now network

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-24 10:46:24

So, how do we convert the mass-energy equation to use neutrino speed instead of light speed?

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-24 10:50:50

At 9/22/11 10:49 PM, RacistBassist wrote: Why do people act as if our current understanding of things is infallible?

Seriously, get over ourselves people.

Because every scientific theory in existence was created based off that exact process.

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-24 10:50:55

Hasn't been proven. Still wouldn't completely disprove Einstein. Why the fuck are the only people who are going nuts about this are the people who don't know shit about physics?

but yeah, pretty exciting shit.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-24 11:09:10

At 9/24/11 10:50 AM, Markface wrote: Hasn't been proven. Still wouldn't completely disprove Einstein.

This is what I've been saying.

You can't ever fully disprove Einsteins work because it works, if it didn't your GPS wouldn't work. Maybe it will turn out to not be the full picture, or to only apply to certain situations, but it won't ever be outright wrong.

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-24 11:18:35

At 9/24/11 10:50 AM, XenonMonkey wrote: Because every scientific theory in existence was created based off that exact process.

Evolution is based on light speed.

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-24 11:21:36

At 9/24/11 11:18 AM, ohbombuh wrote:
At 9/24/11 10:50 AM, XenonMonkey wrote: Because every scientific theory in existence was created based off that exact process.
Evolution is based on light speed.

I'm guessing he meant within the field of physics, but I don't know if it'd be right then either.

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-24 11:30:54

one thing people should know is that einstein theory of relativity does not take quantum effects into account.

the field equation blows up when you trace all the way back to the big bang. even if the experiemental result is indeed true, it won't automatically disprove the theory. but instead, it will highlight the need for scientists to further develop a unified theory.

basically it is just like newton's law. we all know F does not equal ma but we still use it because it is a good approixamtion.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-24 16:13:10

That's Terrific! Think if in a hundred years we are in the Andromeda Galaxy

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-24 16:16:06

Everything we know and love is a lie, it's not real, nothing is real

Especially cake

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-24 16:32:05

At 9/22/11 11:33 PM, Garage wrote: I can't wait for this to be further researched, and maybe even concretely proven.

this

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-24 16:38:34

At 9/22/11 10:42 PM, ZJ wrote: Everything you know about physics could be false.

This does not make a good article. There virtually nothing but a link. I think might have done better on your userpage. So, what if everything we know is false? That is why fallibility exists. The fact that Einstein was intelligent means if he makes a mistake, some people are going to rub it in his face. We all have failures. Get over it.

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-24 17:01:54

Why is it so surprising that something could travel faster than light? Light was used as the benchmark for maximum velocity because it is/was the fastest thing that we know/knew of, but it is itself only wave particles whose speed is somewhat dependent on its permeability through space. I would not be surprised if something could travel faster than light anymore than if something could travel faster than a stream of water whose velocity is the result of the associated factors causing and affecting its motion. Just because light travels at X velocity, why does that indicate that higher velocities may not be possible? Maybe a nanoparticle can travel faster than light, or maybe scientists made an error in their tests and the results are inconclusive, either wouldn't surprise me.

BBS Signature

Response to Einstein could be wrong! 2011-09-24 17:08:32

My theory on the universe. Everything is layers. Everything we know it was created because of these layers, "much like the Earth's plates" moving together and creating friction, AKA big bang. Every layer has different properties than another but are the same. This will explain most of your unknowns. Energy fields, different dimensions, Bermuda triangle. Anyways I don't want to go too deep in this.

rar

BBS Signature