Be a Supporter!

Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne?

  • 1,710 Views
  • 49 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ShiningFaith
ShiningFaith
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 10:53 PM Reply

1st - if you don't have tats, nobody wants to hear your opinion

Situation - Myself, I love tats, and I plan on getting more. But, should I go with a sleeve (arm with the cross) or something on my ribs? I kind of like being able to cover all my tats in medium-sized short sleeve shirt (look professional), but I'm afraid if I get something on my ribs, it'll take away from my definition (been putting a lot of work into the gym lately).

Also, I don't like socks/leg tattoos very much...and nothing above the collar bone. Thanks for input!

Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne?

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 10:54 PM Reply

If you're looking for other peoples approval about getting a tattoo you shouldn't get one.


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
ShiningFaith
ShiningFaith
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 9/20/11 10:54 PM, RacistBassist wrote: If you're looking for other peoples approval about getting a tattoo you shouldn't get one

approval? no, looking for ideas. Whether or not to get more tattoos is something I've decided years ago.

ThePineappleMagician
ThePineappleMagician
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 10:58 PM Reply

Get a skull with a flaming sword through it's right eye.

Or a dolphin on your ass.
psycho-squirrel
psycho-squirrel
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 10:59 PM Reply

Sleeve, definitively sleeve


BBS Signature
ShiningFaith
ShiningFaith
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 11:00 PM Reply

At 9/20/11 10:58 PM, ThePineappleMagician wrote: Get a skull with a flaming sword through it's right eye.

Or a dolphin on your ass.

An ass or even penis tattoo I'd do, but I could never think of anything humorous enough to do

ShiningFaith
ShiningFaith
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 9/20/11 10:59 PM, psycho-squirrel wrote: Sleeve, definitively sleeve

Also, I don't want anything tribal or like one of those Japanese "coy" fish tats.

Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 11:02 PM Reply

Get a tattoo on your penis saying "Must Be This Horny" with arrows pointing up and down your schlong.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Garage
Garage
  • Member since: Jun. 19, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 11:07 PM Reply

tatoos are wrong jesus said its the same thing as witchcraft

Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne?

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 12:43 AM Reply

At 9/20/11 10:57 PM, ShiningFaith wrote:
At 9/20/11 10:54 PM, RacistBassist wrote: If you're looking for other peoples approval about getting a tattoo you shouldn't get one
approval? no, looking for ideas. Whether or not to get more tattoos is something I've decided years ago.

I also stand that you shouldn't ask people for ideas, unless you have a vague concept and want it fleshed out more. However, I would say go with the sleeve because I've never been fond of rib tattoos for whatever reason.


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Tribal
Tribal
  • Member since: Mar. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Programmer
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 01:01 AM Reply

No, disgusting. Also a turn-off for women and men alike. No one will think you're cooler for soiling your skin with permanent ink.


Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!
Sig by Me.

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 01:26 AM Reply

Do it. Pussy. You won't. No balls.


My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 02:07 AM Reply

dat thumb look like a circumcised wang

Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne?

HeavyMetalHarlow
HeavyMetalHarlow
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 02:30 AM Reply

Don't get a sleeve just to say "hey I have a sleeve" that's freaking retarded. Nothing wrong with rib tats or stomach tats, and if you do it right it could enhance your definition instead of taking away from it

See?

Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne?


Posting from my Epic 4G on the now network

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 04:34 AM Reply

Your tattoos are awfully generic. If you're going to get something like that, it should be meaningful and special to you. Getting a tattoo just to get one is a little shortsighted.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 04:37 AM Reply

At 9/21/11 04:34 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Your tattoos are awfully generic. If you're going to get something like that, it should be meaningful and special to you. Getting a tattoo just to get one is a little shortsighted.

Some are a rite of passage if you like tattoos like a rose or a skull.


| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Migashi
Migashi
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 04:40 AM Reply

I'd say ribs, personally, for the primary reason of professional appearance. Gotta take every precaution with the job situation. I dunno where you live though, but where I live, in a summer resort town... winters get tough financially.


.

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 05:30 AM Reply

If you can't make your own decisions you shouldn't get one.


#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
Rachel
Rachel
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Art Lover
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 01:50 PM Reply

At 9/21/11 01:01 AM, Tribal wrote: No, disgusting. Also a turn-off for women and men alike. No one will think you're cooler for soiling your skin with permanent ink.

Really? I think tattoos can look hot if they're done well and in the right places.

OP, if you're worrying about covering your arms for jobs/professional etc then go for your ribs.. Would it not draw attention to your abs rather then disguise them?


BBS Signature
FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Member since: Jul. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Melancholy
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 01:54 PM Reply

Crosses are the worst tattoos ever!


[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
:3

BBS Signature
megakill
megakill
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 01:59 PM Reply

What you've got so far all looks pretty cliché.

Also, as has been said before, you shouldn't be asking people other peoples opinions about tattoos. If you have to have someone else make your mind up for you when it comes to tattoos, then you shouldnt have them in the first place.

Drake
Drake
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Audiophile
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 02:28 PM Reply

Getting a sleeve is stupid. Your current tattoos are fine, despite being terribly generic and therefore shitty. If you want a good tattoo, get a dick tattooed on your forehead.


ceb @ twitter | Jerkcity, est. 1998 | Tateos is a cool guy.

BBS Signature
Malt-Shake
Malt-Shake
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 9/20/11 10:59 PM, psycho-squirrel wrote: Sleeve, definitively sleeve

Suggestion, your entire arm should become a penis sleeve.

Yes.


DJHeat=my hero! (at least 4 the next half hr. Then i'll be all like DJHeat whodat? lol balls)

IF I SEEM GAY TO YOU THEN READ THIS THREAD

BBS Signature
Markface
Markface
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Animator
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 03:32 PM Reply

You look like you're plastered with Microsoft Word Clipart, lol.

Anyway. If you plan on picking up a real career (HINT: CALL CENTERS OR PLUMBING AREN'T REAL CAREERS) then I'd avoid it for the time being. A lot of work places will simply shut you out just because of tattoo's (ONCE AGAIN, REAL WORK PLACES, NOT SHITTY $20/HOUR PLACES)... it sucks, but I guess a lot of them need to look professional. So I'd wait until you find the job that's right for you and see if you can swing it by them... mind you, if you don't plan on doing that, just go for it.

I only say this because I know a lot of people who are slowly getting visible tattoo's removed in order to follow through with their careers. So wait until you know what you want to do.

Anyway. A sleeve would work for you as it would pick up some fluency and theme to your tattoo's, rather than just random pieces here and there.

A lot of my friends went half sleeve and continued on a full sleeve once they were sure with it.


[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
ShiningFaith
ShiningFaith
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 08:31 PM Reply

At 9/21/11 03:32 PM, Markface wrote: You look like you're plastered with Microsoft Word Clipart, lol.

Anyway. If you plan on picking up a real career (HINT: CALL CENTERS OR PLUMBING AREN'T REAL CAREERS) then I'd avoid it for the time being. A lot of work places will simply shut you out just because of tattoo's (ONCE AGAIN, REAL WORK PLACES, NOT SHITTY $20/HOUR PLACES)... it sucks, but I guess a lot of them need to look professional. So I'd wait until you find the job that's right for you and see if you can swing it by them... mind you, if you don't plan on doing that, just go for it.

I only say this because I know a lot of people who are slowly getting visible tattoo's removed in order to follow through with their careers. So wait until you know what you want to do.

Anyway. A sleeve would work for you as it would pick up some fluency and theme to your tattoo's, rather than just random pieces here and there.

A lot of my friends went half sleeve and continued on a full sleeve once they were sure with it.

Thank you for the thoughtful response. As far as occupation goes, I'm fine, I've been an enlisted Marine for over 3 years and will soon retire from the Corps. I've had my next job and plan ready for a couple years now. At the moment I can't get a "sleeve" tattoo because of Marine Corps orders/regulations.

About the half sleeve, I'm interested, but does the art turn out the same going from a half to a full as opposed to getting it all at once? I'd imagine it'd be a lot easier for the artist at least doing the whole tattoo at once.

Also, does anybody know trustworthy artists in or around 29 palms/los angeles/palm springs?

ShiningFaith
ShiningFaith
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 09:32 PM Reply

At 9/21/11 08:59 PM, TwittSoup wrote: Ye, not to mention the ones you currently have are terribly generic and probably mean nothing.

Because you are young and especially ignorant I'll help you out. This one means you are welcome. Try out Afghanistan for a year if you still don't understand.

Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne?

ShiningFaith
ShiningFaith
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 09:38 PM Reply

Because you are young and especially ignorant I'll help you out. This one means you are welcome. Try out Afghanistan for a year if you still don't understand.
Because that tatt was totally visible from the complete opposite perspective from which the picture in the op was taken

No need to have my left shoulder in a thread about my right arm :)

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 09:38 PM Reply

At 9/21/11 09:32 PM, ShiningFaith wrote: This one means you are welcome. Try out Afghanistan for a year if you still don't understand.

Lol thank you for wasting my tax dollars on a war that isn't for the general populace of the US


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
ShiningFaith
ShiningFaith
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 9/21/11 09:38 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 9/21/11 09:32 PM, ShiningFaith wrote: This one means you are welcome. Try out Afghanistan for a year if you still don't understand.
Lol thank you for wasting my tax dollars on a war that isn't for the general populace of the US

Right, terrorists were only focused on the 2,819 Americans they killed on 9/11. Because the rest of the United States (as in states brought together as one) should standby and watch. It's perfectly okay for suicidal fanatics to hijack planes and kill our brothers and sisters. However, it appears that a few more tax dollars should have been spent on your education. Or maybe the school is perfectly fine, and you're the one wasting tax dollars? It's perfectly fine to disagree with something, but at least know what you're talking about. Don't quote the media if you haven't done the research yourself. I can tell you first hand how things "change" when a reporter starts talking.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Sleeve Tattoo Ye or Ne? Sep. 21st, 2011 @ 10:01 PM Reply

At 9/21/11 09:58 PM, ShiningFaith wrote: Right, terrorists were only focused on the 2,819 Americans they killed on 9/11. Because the rest of the United States (as in states brought together as one) should standby and watch. It's perfectly okay for suicidal fanatics to hijack planes and kill our brothers and sisters. However, it appears that a few more tax dollars should have been spent on your education. Or maybe the school is perfectly fine, and you're the one wasting tax dollars? It's perfectly fine to disagree with something, but at least know what you're talking about. Don't quote the media if you haven't done the research yourself. I can tell you first hand how things "change" when a reporter starts talking.

Right, because invading a country when the group that is responsible for the attack is multi-national and not explicitly apart of the government of the country we invaded was such a great idea, and another great idea was to completely fuck over their infrastructure and invade a nearby country that had absolutely zero to do with it but the government said was shows just how much us invading that country was truly about the terrorists.


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature