Be a Supporter!
Dannyboi93
Dannyboi93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Sample packs... Sep. 15th, 2011 @ 02:30 PM Reply

So yea, i think it's time to invest in a sample pack.

But i have a few questions...

- Where's a good place to buy them from? (Trackitdown, loopmaster, producerloops...)

- Are there any people can recommend? (Im looking for tech house/ techno ones)

- Have many of you used sample packs? Or do you just stick with vanilla sounds?

Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Sample packs... Sep. 15th, 2011 @ 04:41 PM Reply

Big fish audio is my favorite sample site because it's much easy for me to buy stuff there due to all that foreign country bullshit but you can find lots of goodies right there.

My favorite samples brands are loopmasters , I started using them with reason a really long time ago and they are really nice. Most of my 2008 tracks (if not all) use a lot of drum samples from them.

The ones that i don't like are prime loops, they sound kinda lame to my tastes but oh well, anyone have their own choices.

Fuck labels , you don't need them.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Sample packs... Sep. 15th, 2011 @ 04:45 PM Reply

What kind of sounds are you looking for?

Frazmaster
Frazmaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Sample packs... Sep. 16th, 2011 @ 05:06 AM Reply

Some of the best sample packs i've ever downloaded were completely free. I would always recommend doing some snooping on le googles before considering investing in a sample pack.

However, if you are going to buy one, I'd just say take a look around the loopmasters site and check out all the different genre's and labels that are relevant to your tastes.

If I were going to recommend anything, I'd probably say Wave Alchemy. I bought one of their packs once (can't remember which) and it was fairly decent.