Be a Supporter!

Win a serious argument

  • 714 Views
  • 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
cerealguy1992
cerealguy1992
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 11:37:19 Reply

What is the best way to win an argument over the internet? Now I mean serious arguments, not immature shit like "Your a faggot""No! You!".

These guys are taking the DOX of many people, and spreading it around, and I disapprove.
I am fighting this internet group right now and my plan to destroy them is in several steps, the first one being to beat them in an argument to show the entire internet how retarded they all are.

cerealguy1992
cerealguy1992
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 11:45:32 Reply

Hey btw guys I am trying to beat these guys.
I tried appealing to 4chan but got rejected. Why wont 4chan do this shit? they do it for everyone else.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 11:47:21 Reply

At 9/13/11 11:45 AM, cerealguy1992 wrote: Hey btw guys I am trying to beat these guys.
I tried appealing to 4chan but got rejected. Why wont 4chan do this shit? they do it for everyone else.

Not your personal army is why.

AngelofPeace
AngelofPeace
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 11:47:52 Reply

The best way to win an online argument is to remain silent.

BrainworkInProgress
BrainworkInProgress
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 11:48:37 Reply

At 9/13/11 11:47 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 9/13/11 11:45 AM, cerealguy1992 wrote: Hey btw guys I am trying to beat these guys.
I tried appealing to 4chan but got rejected. Why wont 4chan do this shit? they do it for everyone else.
Not your personal army is why.

They should focus OP for this >:(

slipstrike
slipstrike
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 11:54:55 Reply

Is someone here trying to take on Anonymous? Good luck with that. You've probably got a better chance taking on the Hell's Angels, simply because there's less of them.

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 11:58:15 Reply

Winning an argument over the internet? Good luck, unless it's a child then that's easy. But irl, I usually end arguments by yelling twat and then it's over.


I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Member since: May. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 11:58:20 Reply

Getting tips from an internet forum on how to argue over the Internet, to combat another group
on the Internet....

Thats weak as hell.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
TrueLAD
TrueLAD
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 12:02:16 Reply

Love arguing with losers on the internet, it makes my day.

Prome
Prome
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 12:08:20 Reply

At 9/13/11 11:47 AM, AngelofPeace wrote: The best way to win an online argument is to remain silent.

This.

You shouldn't even argue people in the internet.

Talking by experience, arguing will only waste your time and you'll probably not remember them by the next day.


cop

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 12:11:33 Reply

To win an argument you first of all have to be right about what you're saying, and you need to be able to back up your claims with facts, evidence, sound reasoning, etc.

From experience with the OP I can safely say he might have trouble with this.

cerealguy1992
cerealguy1992
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 12:13:03 Reply

At 9/13/11 11:48 AM, Natick wrote:
At 9/13/11 11:45 AM, cerealguy1992 wrote: Hey btw guys I am trying to beat these guys.
I tried appealing to 4chan but got rejected. Why wont 4chan do this shit? they do it for everyone else.
Oh, whoops. I haven't a clue who they are. What's the full story?

I dont want to go into detail with my story with this shit hole website im targeting.
Basically I knew about their attacking of certain men, and offered a certain truce. They rejected it, and attacked me with straw man arguments.
This was a while ago, and I normally would not care. But the problem is they are still pulling the same shit, and they do bitch stuff.
One of them posted a fake ad on a dating website and got the DOX of over 300 men. Then they used this dox to ruin their lives. What assholes.
I will make them pay, if it takes me a thousand years.

ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Reader
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 12:13:12 Reply

You win from legitimacy. Not from fallacious assumption making.

What is the debate exactly?


Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Reader
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 12:15:12 Reply

At 9/13/11 12:13 PM, cerealguy1992 wrote:
At 9/13/11 11:48 AM, Natick wrote:
At 9/13/11 11:45 AM, cerealguy1992 wrote:
straw man arguments.

There isn't anything wrong with a straw man argument (all the time). If somebody is using a "straw man" that does not automatically make it, an "attack", or "invalid" - especially in the circumstances where the straw man you would call it attacks inferences and assumptions which must be first established in order to secure your argumentative position.

So get that out of your head.


Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
cerealguy1992
cerealguy1992
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 12:19:41 Reply

At 9/13/11 12:15 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 9/13/11 12:13 PM, cerealguy1992 wrote:
At 9/13/11 11:48 AM, Natick wrote:
At 9/13/11 11:45 AM, cerealguy1992 wrote:
straw man arguments.
There isn't anything wrong with a straw man argument (all the time). If somebody is using a "straw man" that does not automatically make it, an "attack", or "invalid" - especially in the circumstances where the straw man you would call it attacks inferences and assumptions which must be first established in order to secure your argumentative position.

The argument is for the good of innocent men. That is all you need to know.

Anyways, to my knowledge, straw man arguments are stating the beliefs of a person without that person actually expressing such an opinion.
Eg. "I believe in capitalism"
"You believe that children well under 16 years should be forced to work in factories where they are beaten on a daily basis?"

ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Reader
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 12:59:21 Reply

At 9/13/11 12:19 PM, cerealguy1992 wrote: The argument is for the good of innocent men. That is all you need to know.

I think I need to know the premise first?


Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Member since: May. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 13:10:20 Reply

At 9/13/11 11:59 AM, Natick wrote:
At 9/13/11 11:58 AM, ModernPatriot wrote: Getting tips from an internet forum on how to argue over the Internet, to combat another group
on the Internet....

Thats weak as hell.
As if you can really talk. You one of the users who gets into arguments all the time!

Yes, but atleast I don't go around asking for tips. So shut up, NATICK.


A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 13:19:49 Reply

I sometimes win serious arguments, but it's never anything political or religious. It's usually just me expressing a serious opinion, someone attacking it, and me defending it intelligently. Like my inability to seriously dislike Justin Bieber because he actually *is* musically talented.

Sometimes though I give up halfway through, and either ragequit or post stupidly on purpose to make the other person rage quit.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show. You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Member since: May. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 22:23:24 Reply

At 9/13/11 01:11 PM, Natick wrote: That may be so but at least not all of us are quite as hostile as you are.

Yeah well what's your point? HMMM? That just means I'm passionate.


A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 22:41:30 Reply

At 9/13/11 10:23 PM, ModernPatriot wrote:
At 9/13/11 01:11 PM, Natick wrote: That may be so but at least not all of us are quite as hostile as you are.
Yeah well what's your point? HMMM? That just means I'm passionate.

No it doesn't. It means you're overly emotional and prone to letting logic take a backseat in favor of rhetoric


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
TrueLAD
TrueLAD
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 22:43:04 Reply

At 9/13/11 10:41 PM, RacistBassist wrote: No it doesn't. It means you're overly emotional and prone to letting logic take a backseat in favor of rhetoric.

ModernPatriot, you just got done.

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-13 22:55:20 Reply

I MADE AN AMAZING LIST ON HOW TO BE RIGHT DURING ARGUMENTS ON THE INTERNET:

- Don't


Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
Bantun
Bantun
  • Member since: Nov. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-14 01:05:38 Reply

It varies from argument to argument.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-14 01:09:25 Reply

Shove and Ad Hominem up their ass, that's the way the internet works...

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-14 01:14:27 Reply

Look for the signs.

Win a serious argument


| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Member since: May. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-14 01:18:02 Reply

At 9/13/11 10:41 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 9/13/11 10:23 PM, ModernPatriot wrote:
At 9/13/11 01:11 PM, Natick wrote: That may be so but at least not all of us are quite as hostile as you are.
Yeah well what's your point? HMMM? That just means I'm passionate.
No it doesn't. It means you're overly emotional and prone to letting logic take a backseat in favor of rhetoric

Haha, yeah, no, bullshit. All you do is run-around using troll-logic: you're a fucking master at it.

I see through your rouse.


A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
cerealguy1992
cerealguy1992
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-14 13:21:09 Reply

UPDATE!

OK so here will be my formula for my argument. I got the idea from ED.

First, I will open with my stance on the subject, keeping in mind to use Circular Logic the entire way through.

To this, they will likely reply with some petty insult, along with a straw man argument. If it were not for good old ED, I would probably give up right here or have some rage fit and rage quit, but thanks to good old ED, I know exactly what to do. I will simply respond to their crappy argument by copying and pasting Guy Macons original post.

This probably will not do the job, as these are some persistent bastards. So what will I do? Bring out a straw man and ad hominem argument of my own.
I will then proceed to pull stats out of my ass after using "some argue" arguments.

As I am sure none of this will cause them to admit defeat, I will simply threaten to sue them, and close off with
"Whatever. BTW you guys have slandered and libeled me. See you all in court, douchebags."

Will I win or what? (no seriously guys. I really know of no other way of arguing with these douchebags. Just ignore the laughing emoticon, as this is not a joke.)

cerealguy1992
cerealguy1992
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-14 13:22:35 Reply

Oh hey, btw, you guys know how ED is. These links are not always safe for work, or kids under 18.

cerealguy1992
cerealguy1992
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-14 13:26:52 Reply

At 9/14/11 01:24 PM, Natick wrote:
At 9/14/11 01:22 PM, cerealguy1992 wrote: Oh hey, btw, you guys know how ED is. These links are not always safe for work, or kids under 18.
You've lost my help and some of my respect.

What do you have against ED?

Kanon
Kanon
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Win a serious argument 2011-09-14 13:30:14 Reply

At 9/14/11 01:26 PM, cerealguy1992 wrote:
At 9/14/11 01:24 PM, Natick wrote:
At 9/14/11 01:22 PM, cerealguy1992 wrote: Oh hey, btw, you guys know how ED is. These links are not always safe for work, or kids under 18.
You've lost my help and some of my respect.
What do you have against ED?

Some just couldn't stomach the images of ED'S offended page.


PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature