00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

logic help

859 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

logic help 2011-09-02 01:24:06

my logic is always crashing with a disk too slow overload message and some -10010 type message... what up with that? i checked my memory usage i got like 2 gigs free, tell it to stop being a bastard. any ideas how i can fix this? i just got logic studio 9 and its still doing the same shit.

logic help

Response to logic help 2011-09-02 02:19:10

Mac is Whack. Go PC or go home.

lol just kidding

Response to logic help 2011-09-02 02:25:52

At 9/2/11 01:24 AM, EvilArtForm wrote: my logic is always crashing with a disk too slow overload message and some -10010 type message...

When does this error happen??

When you use a lot of channels or just one? When you record?

You should run a disk optimizer utility for your OS and check your activity monitor when you use logic and check for any CPU usage anomalies that you find while it crashes.

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to logic help 2011-09-02 02:32:22

Raise the buffer rate?

Response to logic help 2011-09-02 03:02:45

yeah i ran the activity monitor thing before and it says that i still have 2g of my 4g of memory left so i don't see why it crashes, logic has a cpu monitor on it and every once in a while it just peaks and then crashes during playback, i can just start it again from right there. it does it when i have many channels with compressions and effects software instruments. and i'm mixing a full album right now 24+ tracks. per song

can some one explain buffer rate to me, i have used it before effectively but just through trial and error i don't actually know what is going on.

Response to logic help 2011-09-02 04:53:46

basically, you want your buffer rate to be as to-the-point of no under-runs and under-runs.

right now I don't remember if you want the buffer rate higher or lower, but make it go to one side, and if the underuns go up dramatically, then keep sliding the rate until you have none. (assuming that your sound driver has a slider for this.

not sure if that explains what it is though, so here it is.

buffer rate is the rate at which the soundcard buffers? idk here's what wikipedia says:

The buffer in an audio controller is a ring buffer. If an underrun occurs and the audio controller is not stopped, it will keep repeating the sound contained in the buffer, which may hold a quarter of a second. Such effect is commonly referred to as "machinegun". This happens if the operating system hangs during audio playback. An error handling routine (e.g. blue screen of death) may eventually stop the audio controller

so that's why you need to set it just enough so that no underruns occur, because if the rate is too high (I think) and doesn't need to be, it just wastes CPU.

hope this helps XD havent had to deal with buffer or CPU problems in over a year yet, so my minds a little bit confused XD

New self-titled album out now!

Lantaren

Response to logic help 2011-09-02 04:58:49

"Disk too slow" sounds like a HDD or DVD-RD problem rather than a RAM or buffer issue, but you'd probably find more help with Logic suport than with me.

p.s. i am gay

Response to logic help 2011-09-02 10:12:47

Make sure you are running off of your hard drive and not the dvd drive.

Response to logic help 2011-09-04 11:25:46

hello buddy,

sounds like you're overloading your harddrive. take a look at the conversation below and see if this helps!

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1077 821/6

take it easy!