New Topic Respond to this Topic
AngrySexBurger
AngrySexBurger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
First Digital Coloring Wip 2011-08-30 06:41:22 Reply

After toying around with various coloring styles, I think my first real digital coloring job is coming out well done. I am becoming very proud of what I've done so far, but if you guys have any comments or criticism, let me know. Do keep in mind it is far from finished as I still have to clothe the body, work on the folds for the outfit, decide on what clothes to use, what brushes I'll need for the textures of said clothes, etc.

PS: I am beginning to realize it feels rather dark. I really don't want to have to redo it all over again...

Coloring WIP

Dead sexy.

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to First Digital Coloring Wip 2011-08-30 07:07:41 Reply

you should post your works in the thread :3
it is good so far. It could be refined a bit further, but I'm digging the color usage :)
the shadow under his lip looks more like a soul patch than an actual shadow, so i'm not too sure where you're going with that. otherwise good :D

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to First Digital Coloring Wip 2011-08-30 07:09:04 Reply

oh and i didn't see this before, but you are supposed to keep all your shit in one thread. :3

DeliciousOrange
DeliciousOrange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to First Digital Coloring Wip 2011-08-30 07:14:23 Reply

Well it doesn't look too bad, you're really lacking in a consistent light source though (that light is just bouncing all over place depending upon which body part you look at) and it would probably be better to rough in ALL or MOST of your colors before getting into the finer rendering, but as an experimental piece it seems to have worked out halfway decently.

AngrySexBurger
AngrySexBurger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to First Digital Coloring Wip 2011-08-30 19:53:14 Reply

Updated with the hair redone and the skin toned up a bit. Let me know what you think! Keep those critiques coming!

Update #1

Dead sexy.

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to First Digital Coloring Wip 2011-08-30 21:09:02 Reply

At 8/30/11 07:53 PM, AngrySexBurger wrote: Updated with the hair redone and the skin toned up a bit. Let me know what you think! Keep those critiques coming!

Update #1

Pretty thick neck, and kinda dark skin tones. Whether or not that's just the shade of skin, the highlights and lowlights should reflect that too.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
AngrySexBurger
AngrySexBurger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to First Digital Coloring Wip 2011-08-31 15:24:46 Reply

The skin has been redone. Please critique!

Update #2

Dead sexy.

AngrySexBurger
AngrySexBurger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to First Digital Coloring Wip 2011-08-31 23:04:58 Reply

Um, comments anyone?

Dead sexy.

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to First Digital Coloring Wip 2011-09-01 00:02:50 Reply

At 8/31/11 03:24 PM, AngrySexBurger wrote: The skin has been redone. Please critique!

Update #2

The real problem here is that if you are looking at a face dead on (as you appear to be) the eyes should be halfway up the head. They're too low, but the easiest way to fix it will be to take off some of the hair.

Also you might want to get rid of the red outline on top of the lower eyelids- with real eyes you the only red bit would be the lacrimal caruncle in the inner corner of the eye, which is what I assume you're trying to illustrate.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
AngrySexBurger
AngrySexBurger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to First Digital Coloring Wip 2011-09-01 04:01:22 Reply

At 9/1/11 12:02 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 8/31/11 03:24 PM, AngrySexBurger wrote: The skin has been redone. Please critique!

Update #2
The real problem here is that if you are looking at a face dead on (as you appear to be) the eyes should be halfway up the head. They're too low, but the easiest way to fix it will be to take off some of the hair.

Also you might want to get rid of the red outline on top of the lower eyelids- with real eyes you the only red bit would be the lacrimal caruncle in the inner corner of the eye, which is what I assume you're trying to illustrate.

Gah! Good point, though I really don't want to redo the hair... I'll see how I can edit this as best I can, but I can't help but feel I have to redo it. Also regarding the eye thing, his head is tilted down slightly but I see your point. Thank you for your time!

Dead sexy.

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to First Digital Coloring Wip 2011-09-01 10:48:34 Reply

At 9/1/11 04:01 AM, AngrySexBurger wrote: Gah! Good point, though I really don't want to redo the hair... I'll see how I can edit this as best I can, but I can't help but feel I have to redo it. Also regarding the eye thing, his head is tilted down slightly but I see your point. Thank you for your time!

If it's tilted down slightly, you should be able to see the top of the lower lid- it just isn't red.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
AngrySexBurger
AngrySexBurger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to First Digital Coloring Wip 2011-09-01 18:37:56 Reply

At 9/1/11 10:48 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 9/1/11 04:01 AM, AngrySexBurger wrote: Gah! Good point, though I really don't want to redo the hair... I'll see how I can edit this as best I can, but I can't help but feel I have to redo it. Also regarding the eye thing, his head is tilted down slightly but I see your point. Thank you for your time!
If it's tilted down slightly, you should be able to see the top of the lower lid- it just isn't red.

I know. Fixed it. After I redo the hair, I'll post another update. Hopefully it'll be an improvement over the last version...

Dead sexy.

AngrySexBurger
AngrySexBurger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to First Digital Coloring Wip 2011-09-01 23:52:12 Reply

Another update. Redone the hair to fix the skull issue (slightly). His head is supposed to be titling down slightly, but I don't think I captured that well. Oh well, moving on with the folds!

Update #3

Dead sexy.