New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 15th, 2011 @ 03:04 PM Reply

At 11/14/11 11:42 AM, Gagsy wrote: Ah, see I'd probably rather one want closer to the city

Well, I can honestly say that the MEN Arena/Printworks Premier Inn would be your best option. I've stayed there twice now and aside from it being a nice enough place, it is near enough right in the centre. Piccadilly Station is about a 15 minute walk, the bus station is probably a 5 minute walk away and you can get to the city centre in about 15 minutes on foot as well. I guess it just depends on what the prices are like because they seem to enjoy raising and falling quite sharply.

Unless the option wasn't available, it's definitely the hotel that I'd go for in Manchester.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 15th, 2011 @ 03:56 PM Reply

At 11/15/11 03:04 PM, Dean wrote:
At 11/14/11 11:42 AM, Gagsy wrote: Ah, see I'd probably rather one want closer to the city
Well, I can honestly say that the MEN Arena/Printworks Premier Inn would be your best option. I've stayed there twice now and aside from it being a nice enough place, it is near enough right in the centre. Piccadilly Station is about a 15 minute walk, the bus station is probably a 5 minute walk away and you can get to the city centre in about 15 minutes on foot as well. I guess it just depends on what the prices are like because they seem to enjoy raising and falling quite sharply.

Unless the option wasn't available, it's definitely the hotel that I'd go for in Manchester.

Yeah i think any of the premier inns in manchester should do just fine honestly. I think the one at MEN arena might be running cheaper, cause it mentions that there is construction going on nearby. It had that same message last year, but it probably is irrelevant if youre going to just crash when you get back anyway. I guess if you want a full nights peaceful rest then probably one of the other premier inn's would be better. I think there is one closer to picadilly gardens if you wanted to be near the main train station. That puts you farther than the main meet point though. Still walkable, but yea.

None

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 15th, 2011 @ 07:09 PM Reply

i mean seriously, i do not see how it is possibly 15 quid each way on national express from brum to manchester. if you're actually quoting a round trip that's fine, but seriously, you SHOULD be able to get 5 quid each way from NX/Megabus/heck even a train at this level of notice

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
IceDragon64
IceDragon64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 15th, 2011 @ 08:11 PM Reply

Hm. I missed London last year, then this year by accident, now there won't be one in London 2012. Rats!

I suppose it is possible I will make Manchester, but not likely.

If anyone wants to meet up in London in 2012, PM me. If a few people want to do it, maybe I will gather a few of the Dragons & Spirits, like we were supposed to do for 2011.

As you can see from the Picture, we tried to get to the London Meet in 2011, but didn't make it due to tube closure. I'm the good looking one.

As we live in North London, it may be possible to meet up here- say Alexandra Palace instead of central London. If y'all want to sort something out, then OK but don't expect me to organise much, its not going to happen.

Manchester Meet 2012

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature
Obvious-M
Obvious-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 06:58 AM Reply

I turn 18 in December so I see no reason not to go.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature
DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Voice Actor
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 02:43 PM Reply

I think I will be attending this event, since it's not at all far from me unless I'm up Wolverhampton or something. Still, have a railcard and I'm sure I'll have the cash for it.

Fo' reel this time.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 02:51 PM Reply

At 11/27/11 02:43 PM, DumbassDude wrote: unless I'm up Wolverhampton

Don't you mean "down Wolverhampton"? But yea, wise decision Lee.

BBS Signature
DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Voice Actor
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 02:58 PM Reply

At 11/27/11 02:51 PM, Dean wrote:
At 11/27/11 02:43 PM, DumbassDude wrote: unless I'm up Wolverhampton
Don't you mean "down Wolverhampton"? But yea, wise decision Lee.

What am I, a physicist?

We'll be knocking back Tennants lager and Guinness before you know it.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 03:02 PM Reply

At 11/27/11 02:58 PM, DumbassDude wrote: We'll be knocking back Tennants lager and Guinness before you know it.

"Knocking back" might be a bit strong, after last years prices. It's harder than you think, being a Scotsman. Alcoholism and tight-fistedness don't really go well together.

BBS Signature
DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Voice Actor
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 11/27/11 03:02 PM, Dean wrote: "Knocking back" might be a bit strong, after last years prices. It's harder than you think, being a Scotsman. Alcoholism and tight-fistedness don't really go well together.

I'm forgetting that us Northern hard men are prone to excessive 'rough housing' after a few pints. It's alright though, i'm sure you can MODERATE how much you're drinking.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 03:10 PM Reply

At 11/27/11 03:06 PM, DumbassDude wrote: i'm sure you can MODERATE how much you're drinking.

Ohohoho.

But yea, it will be good to see you. Assuming you go and assuming I go. Northerners unite.

BBS Signature
LazyPint
LazyPint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 03:52 PM Reply

I was going to sort out a room at the Premier Inn on payday but I see the prices have already gone up. Bugger.

Anyone needing a roommate?

Bridge of Weir Meet-Up 2012, a real thing that's definitely real! You won't believe how real it is!*

*Realness not guaranteed.

LazyPint
LazyPint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 04:18 PM Reply

At 11/27/11 04:05 PM, Tramps wrote: Are you sexy?

Too sexy for this sen

Crucially I'm also unlikely to throw up this year given that I got it all out of my system (literally) last year.

Bridge of Weir Meet-Up 2012, a real thing that's definitely real! You won't believe how real it is!*

*Realness not guaranteed.

The-Lonely-Island
The-Lonely-Island
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 04:24 PM Reply

Looks fun! I'm going to think about going there.

The Lonely Island = Best. Band. EBARR!!!

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 07:00 PM Reply

Fuck Yeah £16 return :D

Really think I'm off, looking forward to my first meet

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 07:56 PM Reply

At 11/27/11 04:24 PM, The-Lonely-Island wrote: Looks fun! I'm going to think about going there.

Please don't.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 09:32 PM Reply

At 11/27/11 07:00 PM, iMini wrote: looking forward to my first meet

You're probably coming?! Fuck yea. This roster just gets better and better. Plan on sticking around for most of the weekend?

Seriously hope nothing holds me back from coming now. I must attend.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 10:24 PM Reply

Ill update the roster tmrw. lll also put together a less obscure but not quite definite day by day plan next week.

None

citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 10:25 PM Reply

day 1 get drunk day 2 get drunk day 3 get drunk day 4 regret

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 10:56 PM Reply

At 11/27/11 10:25 PM, citricsquid wrote: day 1 get drunk day 2 get drunk day 3 get drunk day 4 regret

Business meetings ;(

None

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 06:27 AM Reply

Happy Harry is going? Fuck Yeah I love his work! I've been using his pre- release Skyrim song as my ringtone for a couple of weeks now

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 06:31 AM Reply

At 11/28/11 06:27 AM, iMini wrote: Happy Harry is going? Fuck Yeah I love his work! I've been using his pre- release Skyrim song as my ringtone for a couple of weeks now

From these meets, authors such as Weebl, Oney and Happy Harry I've spoken to the least out of the lot. This can't be good.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 06:36 AM Reply

At 11/28/11 06:27 AM, iMini wrote: Happy Harry is going? Fuck Yeah I love his work! I've been using his pre- release Skyrim song as my ringtone for a couple of weeks now

A few years back in London I remember chatting with Happy Harry and I told him what user I was and he was like "Oh Gagsy I know you" or something to that effect, probably just checked out what users were going beforehand or something, but yeah it was like my starstruck meet moment. He's such a cool nice friendly guy.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 06:45 AM Reply

At 11/14/11 11:42 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 11/14/11 11:03 AM, Coop wrote: Yeah, I just checked National Express and it looks like £15 to get to Manchester from Birmingham, but then I've got to pay for a ticket from Kiddy to Birmingham, which shouldn't hurt all that much.
If I book early it'll £20 each way for me which from Kent seems like a pretty awesome price. Think it was £15 each way when I went to Brummmy.

Kiddy.. What a great nickname, or the perfect place for shop browsing pedophiles.

*Brum is the place, Brummies are the people that come from there ;)

Kiddy is short for Kidderminster - it's either that or Kidder. I've not met any paedophiles to my knowledge, so I wouldn't know, but I've lived here all my life. The Harriers are our local football team, you may even have heard of them.

If, and I'm not offering guarantees just yet, I go, I'll be using the cheaper of the Premier Inns in the city - what's a little longer on a bus route, after all?
Ah, see I'd probably rather one want closer to the city and just generally because I worry about public transport outside my area (unless it's the tube which is easdy peasy). I don't think I'd want a place to stay which, though cheaper, would mean me needing to get a complex (IN THEORY) bus route and remember which way to walk from bus stops to get to there, when I can just pay a bit more and know it's like smack in the middle of the city. I don't know.

You're just worried about being stuck on a bus with me for longer than 10 minutes, becuase conversation is awkward :P

At 11/28/11 06:36 AM, Gagsy wrote:
A few years back in London I remember chatting with Happy Harry and I told him what user I was and he was like "Oh Gagsy I know you" or something to that effect, probably just checked out what users were going beforehand or something, but yeah it was like my starstruck meet moment. He's such a cool nice friendly guy.

Olly (NEVR) was the best for that. He asked me what my screen name was at my first meet (he was incredibly late) and he introduced himself as NEVR. I told him I knew, because I recognised his picture and I'm stalkerish like that, then said my S/N was Coop83. He nearly hit the floor with shock, poor guy.

Guess it was just too much, realising that he was basking in my (very) short ranged glory.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 06:54 AM Reply

At 11/28/11 06:45 AM, Coop wrote: starstruck meet moment.

I think i had my little fanboy moment when Weebl hungout last time at that karaoke thing. I met him before at past London meets but something finally clicked or something and in my head i was like 'holy shit, im hanging out with the guy who makes the song loops that get stuck in my head for months. I should probably kill him while i have the chance... Tom would forgive me eventually...'

On a related note, I think HappyHarry may not show up, I think he mentioned having some sort of convention appearance he has to do here in Amerikkka around that time frame. I'll have to ask him next time i speak with him.

None

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 07:29 AM Reply

Luis, you just broke my fragile heart

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 04:56 PM Reply

i refreshed the roster. ill update a tentative schedule of events next week.

None

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 05:02 PM Reply

Aw man.. it'll suck if I can't go this year.

lel

Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 05:11 PM Reply

Anyone made any hotel plans yet? Am willing to split the cost of a double room if anyone's found a good offer.

DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Voice Actor
Response to Manchester Meet 2012 Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 01:29 PM Reply

Room booked courtesy of Mr LazyPint, looking forward to seeing you all there!

BBS Signature