New Topic Respond to this Topic
AngrySexBurger
AngrySexBurger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
First Piece In A Year Wip 2011-08-24 21:56:43 Reply

(Due to file size issues, the WIP has been posted on dA.)

WIP

Hey.

I haven't drawn in over a year but I've recently been getting back into it and was wondering what you guys think of this so far. Right now, I'm considering fixing the hands because they feel too static for me, specifically his right hand. Also, may need some help getting those arms and legs right. The torso might also need work, but I can't tell. I need fresh eyes.

I apologize if it feels so static. I've love to be able to do gestures and stuff, but I am too slow and methodical, not to mention I am a bit of a perfectionist. Plus, I don't have the time to go through Riven Phoenix's How to Draw the Human Figure from your Mind series due to volunteer work, school, and looking for a paying job, though I have the time to go over Andrew Loomis' books and stuff, which I have found excellent so far.

All criticism is welcome. I appreciate constructive criticism, but if you must be harsh, so be it. I want to get back into art as I love creating characters and worlds as I want to be a writer. I also want this to be my first entry into a sketchbook so I can track my growth and improve.

The character's name is Serph Morris in a story I am writing called When The Wheel of Fate Is In God's Hands.

PS: A close friend of mine brought up a good point. The line variation is inconsistent. Will do my best to fix it once I correct the anatomy issues. Also, my roommate commented his pectorals looked like boobs and the waist is too thin. Looking for a way to correct this but I was wondering if you agree or not. Also, the legs look incredibly ugly to me, but I don't have my anatomy books on hand.

Dead sexy.

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to First Piece In A Year Wip 2011-08-24 22:17:10 Reply

At 8/24/11 09:56 PM, AngrySexBurger wrote: (Due to file size issues, the WIP has been posted on dA.)

WIP

Hey.

Hey. Arms seem a bit short.The head also seems kinda small.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Nae
Nae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Artist
Response to First Piece In A Year Wip 2011-08-24 22:47:37 Reply

Oh hai. Please read the rules:

"Post your art IN THE FORUM, do not simply link to another site for people to view your art. You are welcome to link to another site to view a hi-res version of your picture, but please link to it with a smaller version of the image that fits within our guidelines. Use Dumping Grounds!"

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature
AngrySexBurger
AngrySexBurger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to First Piece In A Year Wip 2011-08-24 23:10:07 Reply

At 8/24/11 10:47 PM, Nae wrote: Oh hai. Please read the rules:

"Post your art IN THE FORUM, do not simply link to another site for people to view your art. You are welcome to link to another site to view a hi-res version of your picture, but please link to it with a smaller version of the image that fits within our guidelines. Use Dumping Grounds!"

Ah, my bad. Truly sorry!

Here's the link to the Dumping Grounds page for the picture. Keep the critiques coming. Really need all the help I can get.

WIP

Dead sexy.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to First Piece In A Year Wip 2011-08-24 23:18:56 Reply

At 8/24/11 11:10 PM, AngrySexBurger wrote: WIP

I think the hips are a little narrow compared to the rest of the body. And I think the hips are a little disjointed from the upper part of the body too.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to First Piece In A Year Wip 2011-08-25 00:25:09 Reply

I can see his right upper leg look very odd. It looks rather twisted, it looks kinda creepy to be perfectly honest. I also think his groin is too low, and the muscle structure looks very unnatural. But I'll praise you for having clean and precise lines. Also what Kinsei said.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
AngrySexBurger
AngrySexBurger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to First Piece In A Year Wip 2011-08-25 00:36:25 Reply

Thanks guys for the critiques. Decided to pick up Andrew Loomis' books and Riven Phoenix's How to Draw the Human Figure From Your Mind DVDs once again before I start trying to draw from my mind again. Also, thanks for the comments on my lines. Helps to know I am doing something right. :)

Dead sexy.