Be a Supporter!

Apple is an exploitive, and...

  • 641 Views
  • 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Member since: May. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:01:45 Reply

Capitalist company.

So one day, I was doing community service, filing criminal records at some police station. I was working alongside a woman.

We started talking, and eventually, this conspired:

Her: "Guess what?"

Me: "What?"

Her: "I'M GETTING AN IPAD ^_^."

Me: "What for, you have an IPod touch in your hand... Right now."

Her: "I know, but my laptop broke, so I'm getting an IPad to replace it.:

Me: "You do know that an IPad isn't nearly as useful, or functional than a laptop right? It's pretty much just an oversized ITouch that loses most of it's functionality because of it's added size. For instance, do you know how sometimes when you're on your ITouch, and you go to a website, and a blue square appears?"

Her: "Yeah."

Me: "That's because mobile apple products don't support flash. So if you get, an IPad, you'll be cut-off from most of the media on the internet. You're better off just getting another laptop. Plus, there are many other things that a laptop can do, that an Ipad can't, not to mention that it's much more powerful."

Her: "Oh, thanks, I'll just get a laptop then."

I just saved this woman $800.

I mean did you hear her? She was going to buy an IPad to replace her laptop.

Apple takes advantage of the ignorance of people. Especially when it comes down to the IPad.

Atleast Droid Tablets have flash.... Atleast.


A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:03:12 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:01 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: Capitalist

Take your nonsense to the Politics Forum.


just roll with it nerd

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:03:15 Reply

Well thank god for happy endings. You're making the world a better place, one idiot at a time.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
coleknows
coleknows
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:04:11 Reply

It really wasn't that hard to convince her? You just told her that and she decided, "Im getting a laptop instead :D" that fast?


My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:04:35 Reply

Did she pay you a tip?

Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:05:07 Reply

Why does this bother you? Then again, why is it so easy to annoy you?

Apple doesn't even try to hide the fact that the iPad doesn't support flash. It's not some evil company....geez.

And most people who buy the iPad are probably already aware of its faults but think it is worth it anyway.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Japati
Japati
  • Member since: Nov. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:11:36 Reply

It's just that many people aren't in-the-know about things such as this.

I'm always trying to explain to people that for the price of any apple computer, you could get something twice as good. But people never take it, they get sucked in by apples marketing techniques.

ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Member since: May. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:13:02 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:05 PM, Jedi-Master wrote: And most people who buy the iPad are probably already aware of its faults but think it is worth it anyway.

Oh, I SERIOUSLY doubt that they are. Most people that i meet believe that the Ipad is like a home computer, but just in tablet form.


A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
alphaswitch
alphaswitch
  • Member since: Dec. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:14:26 Reply

calm down dear it's only capatalism


Live Life Large

GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:15:01 Reply

apple is a capitalist company? no shit huh

Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:17:19 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:13 PM, ModernPatriot wrote:
At 8/21/11 06:05 PM, Jedi-Master wrote: And most people who buy the iPad are probably already aware of its faults but think it is worth it anyway.
Oh, I SERIOUSLY doubt that they are. Most people that i meet believe that the Ipad is like a home computer, but just in tablet form.

Most people I know who buy iPads don't even try to use it as a substitute for a computer.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Musician
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:18:23 Reply

You think that's bad, Apple get even worse!!


<33/Request Reviews/Review Request Club / #9 Reviewer / #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Member since: May. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:18:45 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:17 PM, Jedi-Master wrote:
At 8/21/11 06:13 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: Oh, I SERIOUSLY doubt that they are. Most people that i meet believe that the Ipad is like a home computer, but just in tablet form.
Most people I know who buy iPads don't even try to use it as a substitute for a computer.

Well it seems as if we are at an impasse.


A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:19:28 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:18 PM, ModernPatriot wrote:
Well it seems as if we are at an impasse.

We have reached a level of greatness.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:21:31 Reply

It is the consumers job to be educated. If they don't look into what they are buying then they deserve to be fucked.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Boss
Boss
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:23:52 Reply

are you sure that last statement by the girl wasn't for her to just make you think that she was getting a laptop when she will really get an ipad because she dont give a fuck bout yo shit?


I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:24:47 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:01 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: Her: "Oh, thanks, I'll just get a laptop then."

I just saved this woman $800.
I mean did you hear her? She was going to buy an IPad to replace her laptop.

iPads are 500. You're getting her to spend more money on things she probably won't have a use for. If she wants an iPad, then why do you fucking care? She's probably only going to use it for facebook and shit, like most people. Why the hell would she need a laptop?


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
WildWes
WildWes
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:31:27 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:18 PM, SCTE3 wrote: You think that's bad, Apple get even worse!!

This should shock me to some degree. And yet I read that page and I thought to myself, "...yeah, figured it was only a matter of time."

And the sad thing is that it's hard to argue with Macfags simply because they quote slogans and shit to you and genuinely feel they know better.


Every day starts, my eyes open and I reload the program of misery. I open my eyes remember who I am, what I'm like, and I just go "ugh...."

BBS Signature
kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Musician
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:38:48 Reply

Good for you. *pats on the back*

Now go play with your Max Steel action figures after a long day of saving the world.


SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Member since: May. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:39:37 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:24 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 8/21/11 06:01 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: Her: "Oh, thanks, I'll just get a laptop then."

I just saved this woman $800.
I mean did you hear her? She was going to buy an IPad to replace her laptop.
iPads are 500. You're getting her to spend more money on things she probably won't have a use for. If she wants an iPad, then why do you fucking care? She's probably only going to use it for facebook and shit, like most people. Why the hell would she need a laptop?

Dude.... Did you even read what I typed? She said that she was buying an iPad to replace her broken laptop. Like seriously, RB, are you trolling me?

And I'm almost certain that the iPad costed $800 at that time.

At 8/21/11 06:23 PM, Boss wrote: are you sure that last statement by the girl wasn't for her to just make you think that she was getting a laptop when she will really get an ipad because she dont give a fuck bout yo shit?

I'm almost certain that she did no such thing.


A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:44:08 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:39 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: Dude.... Did you even read what I typed? She said that she was buying an iPad to replace her broken laptop. Like seriously, RB, are you trolling me?

And did you know what her laptop was for? Do you go and suggest everyone to get Alienware shit because it is the best (lol) at what it does? You were just being a pompous ass talking down to a woman (shocker) and making suggestions even if you didn't know what they were using it for. Shit, if I say I'm going to replace my car and buy a bike, that doesn't mean that I want people to suggest me to buy a BMW.

And I'm almost certain that the iPad costed $800 at that time.

Then do a better job explaining the timing of the story.


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Musician
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:49:59 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:37 PM, sontuk wrote:
At 8/21/11 06:18 PM, SCTE3 wrote: You think that's bad, Apple get even worse!!
wow

That's what I thought first seeing it. Why pay that much for an app that does nothing?


<33/Request Reviews/Review Request Club / #9 Reviewer / #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Member since: May. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:51:59 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:44 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 8/21/11 06:39 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: Dude.... Did you even read what I typed? She said that she was buying an iPad to replace her broken laptop. Like seriously, RB, are you trolling me?
And did you know what her laptop was for? Do you go and suggest everyone to get Alienware shit because it is the best (lol) at what it does? You were just being a pompous ass talking down to a woman (shocker) and making suggestions even if you didn't know what they were using it for. Shit, if I say I'm going to replace my car and buy a bike, that doesn't mean that I want people to suggest me to buy a BMW.

And I'm almost certain that the iPad costed $800 at that time.
Then do a better job explaining the timing of the story.

LOL! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!? DUDE!?

She believed that an iPad is just as good as a laptop, and i pointed out to her that it isn't. And all you're doing is assuming that she only uses her laptop for facebook, and shit, if that is true, then her Itouch can suffice.

And you believe that me pointing out to her that she shouldn't buy an iPad = Talking down to her?

Just how was I even talking down to her. You're using Ad-Hominems, and shaming language, as usual. That's pretty much all you ever do when you're referring to me.

Plus I never said, or implied that she should get a top-tier laptop. The average run-of-the-mil $500 laptop is more functional, and useful than an iPad ever was.

Seriously RB, STFU.


A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:55:40 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:51 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: LOL! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!? DUDE!?

She believed that an iPad is just as good as a laptop, and i pointed out to her that it isn't. And all you're doing is assuming that she only uses her laptop for facebook, and shit, if that is true, then her Itouch can suffice.

Actually, in your OP, she indicated that she knew the iPad was not as good as a laptop at all of those things, and people replacing something does not mean it has to be of greater or equal value. Tell me, what functions could she feasibly need on a laptop that the iPad would not handle.

And you believe that me pointing out to her that she shouldn't buy an iPad = Talking down to her?

Talking "matter of factly" is talking down to people.

Just how was I even talking down to her. You're using Ad-Hominems, and shaming language, as usual. That's pretty much all you ever do when you're referring to me.

Plus I never said, or implied that she should get a top-tier laptop. The average run-of-the-mil $500 laptop is more functional, and useful than an iPad ever was.

A CRX is nowhere near as functional as an SUV, therefore, everyone who gets one is an idiot, even if it is cheaper and gets what needs to be done, done

Seriously RB, STFU.

Cry me a river.


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 18:58:28 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:55 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 8/21/11 06:51 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: LOL! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!? DUDE!?

She believed that an iPad is just as good as a laptop, and i pointed out to her that it isn't. And all you're doing is assuming that she only uses her laptop for facebook, and shit, if that is true, then her Itouch can suffice.
Actually, in your OP, she indicated that she knew the iPad was not as good as a laptop at all of those things, and people replacing something does not mean it has to be of greater or equal value. Tell me, what functions could she feasibly need on a laptop that the iPad would not handle.

And you believe that me pointing out to her that she shouldn't buy an iPad = Talking down to her?
Talking "matter of factly" is talking down to people.

Just how was I even talking down to her. You're using Ad-Hominems, and shaming language, as usual. That's pretty much all you ever do when you're referring to me.

Plus I never said, or implied that she should get a top-tier laptop. The average run-of-the-mil $500 laptop is more functional, and useful than an iPad ever was.
A CRX is nowhere near as functional as an SUV, therefore, everyone who gets one is an idiot, even if it is cheaper and gets what needs to be done, done

Seriously RB, STFU.
Cry me a river.

The OP is right, RB your just bein a whiny dick. No one wants to hear about how you masturbate over the fact you think you make better decisions than the OP. So stop arguing, it is just pointlessly bumping this thread without contributing anything useful whatsoever. And RaccistBsssist is being his usual asshole self. Life goes on.

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 19:05:26 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:24 PM, RacistBassist wrote: Why the hell would she need a laptop?

To play minecraft


MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 19:07:28 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:58 PM, Suprememessage wrote: The OP is right, RB your just bein a whiny dick. No one wants to hear about how you masturbate over the fact you think you make better decisions than the OP. So stop arguing, it is just pointlessly bumping this thread without contributing anything useful whatsoever. And RaccistBsssist is being his usual asshole self. Life goes on.

Would you please define for me how somebody can con tribute "anything" useful to this thread? Since when are we all not allowed to disagree on things that are, quite literally, the topic at hand?


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 19:10:27 Reply

At 8/21/11 06:21 PM, Cootie wrote: It is the consumers job to be educated. If they don't look into what they are buying then they deserve to be fucked.

I agree with this whole-heartedly.

JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to Apple is an exploitive, and... 2011-08-21 19:14:02 Reply

and so is every other company in America, this "exploitative corporation" idea of yours isnt something all that groundbreaking


|"My dick was in the Guinness Boom of World Records... Then I left the library.|

BBS Signature