ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to Just been to first jiu jutsu... 2011-08-20 16:06:57 Reply

At 8/20/11 11:07 AM, gamejunkie wrote:
At 8/20/11 08:11 AM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: "Sensai".
Actually it's Sensei or Sifu.

AH

The typo!

It burns! I couldn't ask for a better place to train then where I am. Really! I can't actually, imagine getting any more out of it then I do now. Though it might be possible. If you are ever in the north east of England make sure you stop by somewhere called Evolution MAA.

The instructors are wonderful people.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Just been to first jiu jutsu... 2011-08-20 16:13:46 Reply

At 8/20/11 03:54 PM, MrSaint wrote: I have been boxing for 8 years already. Our trainer isn't famous or anything like that, but he is a Master at this sport. On top of that, he is a really good guy. Taught us some stuff from the so called "old school" boxing which should be used outside the ring, if you get in trouble.

Yeah, that's the things you should learn, if he's a good guy, he's a good guy right?

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Gamer
Response to Just been to first jiu jutsu... 2011-08-20 16:31:22 Reply

At 8/20/11 04:06 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: It burns! I couldn't ask for a better place to train then where I am. Really! I can't actually, imagine getting any more out of it then I do now. Though it might be possible. If you are ever in the north east of England make sure you stop by somewhere called Evolution MAA.

The instructors are wonderful people.

Yeah, I remember we spoke about this some time ago now. Or have you forgotten? I somehow knew you would post in this thread.

Lucy
Lucy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to Just been to first jiu jutsu... 2011-08-20 16:44:27 Reply

I used to do Ju-Jitsu when I was younger, I got all the way to green belt and then for some reason quit. I really regret that now.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to Just been to first jiu jutsu... 2011-08-20 16:50:24 Reply

i got my black belt in judo when I was in high school, but whether or not i can still do the moves idk

|"My dick was in the Guinness Boom of World Records... Then I left the library.|

BBS Signature
MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Just been to first jiu jutsu... 2011-08-20 18:08:50 Reply

At 8/20/11 04:44 PM, Lucy wrote: I used to do Ju-Jitsu when I was younger, I got all the way to green belt and then for some reason quit. I really regret that now.

Oh? Why don't you start aigain then?

dlxrevolution
dlxrevolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Just been to first jiu jutsu... 2011-08-20 18:54:08 Reply

I've only done Ti Kwon Do, and wrestling but I do know a couple ju jitsu moves.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to Just been to first jiu jutsu... 2011-08-20 19:53:09 Reply

I took karate lessons when I was like, ten or something. Wait, I think it wasn't karate, it was actually kickboxing. In fact, I still have the white belt that I earned! Wow, that thing's been hanging around in my room since like ever, but I never really think about it. Granted, I have never had to use that and have never been mugged or anything and I really don't remember anything at all. I still bet that with my training, I could best any ten-year old!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Just been to first jiu jutsu... 2011-08-20 19:54:48 Reply

Did they fuck your shit up?

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
Kanon
Kanon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Just been to first jiu jutsu... 2011-08-20 19:58:55 Reply

Hapikado, first day our instructer had two of his students who are masters, literally beat our asses to see if we could put up a fight in any such way. Anyone who couldn't take their beating or defend themselves were told not to come back the next day. As the instructer had told us if you don't have the ability to stand up and fight when something unexpected happens, Hapikado is not for you.

PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Just been to first jiu jutsu... 2011-08-20 21:04:19 Reply

Did Wushu for nearly 4 years. My coach was #2 in China when he was competing and he's a really nice guy. He's into TV and film work now though and doing really well.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
stretch1one
stretch1one
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Just been to first jiu jutsu... 2011-08-20 21:04:33 Reply

I stated taking Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu around the age of 12, I have to say it's pretty fun. You don't have to be terribly strong to learn how to use leverage against someone, and since I plan on becoming a police officer it's not a bad tool to have in the belt eh? Honestly it's chess with your body.

BBS Signature